Free/busy errors on Outlook 2003 since moved to new Database

It could be a Outllok 2003 client problem, but I have moved a few users to a
new database, only 3-4 have this problem but if they add something to their
calendars then they get a free/busy error pop up, but the appointment does
actually save.  Also if they go to their out of office, if come up with an
error and their previous descriptions are gone.  If I get them to log into
Webmail or Outlook 2000 all is fine.  It's only since they have been moved.
I have tried the outlok.exe /clean etc switches with no luck.
0
gonzo (19)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:26:01 -0700, Gonzo
<Gonzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It could be a Outllok 2003 client problem, but I have moved a few users to a
>new database, only 3-4 have this problem but if they add something to their
>calendars then they get a free/busy error pop up, but the appointment does
>actually save.  Also if they go to their out of office, if come up with an
>error and their previous descriptions are gone.  If I get them to log into
>Webmail or Outlook 2000 all is fine.  It's only since they have been moved.
>I have tried the outlok.exe /clean etc switches with no luck.

It works in OUtlook 2000?
Try creating new profiles for them or test switching between online
and cache mode.
0
adavid (8731)
4/19/2006 1:27:33 PM
My mistake Andy, Outlook 2000 says I don't have permission, I can get into
anyone elses Outlooks fine but not these.

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:26:01 -0700, Gonzo
> <Gonzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >It could be a Outllok 2003 client problem, but I have moved a few users to a
> >new database, only 3-4 have this problem but if they add something to their
> >calendars then they get a free/busy error pop up, but the appointment does
> >actually save.  Also if they go to their out of office, if come up with an
> >error and their previous descriptions are gone.  If I get them to log into
> >Webmail or Outlook 2000 all is fine.  It's only since they have been moved.
> >I have tried the outlok.exe /clean etc switches with no luck.
>

> It works in OUtlook 2000?
> Try creating new profiles for them or test switching between online
> and cache mode.

0
gonzo (19)

Moving Transaction Logs to another Drive
Hi, I have a few questions regarding moving transaction logs... 1. When you move the transaction log location, should you also move the system path location to the same place? 2. What file(s) does the System Path location include? 3. When either or both of these are moved, does the database have to be dismounted? If so, how long does this operation generally take? Thanks. On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:47:41 GMT, "exx" <exx@telus.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a few questions regarding moving transaction logs... > >1. When you move the transaction log location, sho...

Error when opening spreadsheet
When this spreadsheet opens I receive the following error. Microsoft Excell cannot find 'FG_INV_VAL_4_12_01' ON '2003 Inventory Tracking.xls' This is a spreadsheet I have been using for a long time. There is a macro on the inventory sheet with the same name as in the error message. However I can find no reference to it in the spreadsheet I am trying to open. How do I debug this error to find the cause? ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Need macro to move to first blank cell in column
Hi. I am trying to use a macro to move from A1 to the first blank cell in col A. There are no gaps in the data. When the first blank cell is selected, data will be copied and pasted from another worksheet. Then the adjacent cell in col B must be selected and again data will be copied and pasted there from another worksheet. Finally, the adjacent cell in col C must be selected but the formula from the cell above must be extended down one cell. I have recorded a macro which does all this but the problem is that when I repeat the macro the same row is always selected instead of the ...

New Installation No Z report 0.00
New Installation No Z report 0.00 This is a new installation and the Z report has no detail. 0.00 all the way across. Any ideas? -- precisecheck hi dear, Check the database> registers> receipt format is there and also check database> register has attached any receipt format. Make sure these things first as it not setup by default. "PreciseCheck" wrote: > New Installation No Z report 0.00 > > This is a new installation and the Z report has no detail. 0.00 all the way > across. Any ideas? > -- > precisecheck Thank You Akber, this resolved the pr...

Contacts onto a Mysql database
Hello, I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. So main features would be to migrate large amounts of data and contacts every day. The migration would be done manually. Thanks for the help On Tue, 4 May 2010 08:53:01 -0700, Guertas <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. >I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. > >So main features woul...

outlook 2007 runs slow

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Opening a new instance of Excel

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

Excel Crash

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

Outlook 2003

Moving 5.5 server from one domain to another
Ex 5.5, sp4 on Win2000 sp4, Mcafee VScan8, Veritas 8.6 currently in NT4 domain. Have exactly the same config in another office except this Ex 5.5 server is the bridge end. Have gone through the process of changing service accounts and that is working fine and machine is using the new service accounts to run the services, (ie using the new service account in the Windows 2003 domain), when I drop out of "abc" domain and into "xyz" domain machine comes up fine, all services start but after about 60 secs the information store stops, if I try to start it manually I get er...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...