Forwarding email to an external account

If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done?
0
anonymous (74717)

In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's  Properties,
you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery
option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy
dance :)

I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR.
--
Sincerely,

D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
www.akomolafe.com
www.iyaburo.com
Yesterday?  -anon
"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal
account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done?

0
deji (19)
4/3/2004 2:41:28 AM
"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done?

Create an AD Contact (or Custom Recipient in the case of E5.5) and
mail enable the contact. In both cases simply give the contact/cr the
smtp address of the external mailbox.
Use Exchange Admin / ADU&C to select the Delivery Options tab and
enter the alternate recipient in there (you can browse for it)
Decide whether to send only to the external recipient or to store a
copy in the mailbox as well.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
4/3/2004 2:57:04 AM
oooooopsie! :)

--
Sincerely,

D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
www.akomolafe.com
www.iyaburo.com
Yesterday?  -anon
"Deji Akomolafe" <deji@REMOVEPADDINGakomolafe.com> wrote in message
> In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's
Properties,
> you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery
> option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy
> dance :)
>
> I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR.
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
> www.akomolafe.com
> www.iyaburo.com
> Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about
> Yesterday?  -anon
> "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a
personal
> account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done?

0
deji (19)

Forward from provider or forward from Hotmail?
I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through Outlook. Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else not do this and have their mail forwarded from their provider to Hotmail, rather than having Hotmail handle the forward? Questions? Answers? Opinions? Thank you very much kind people, MHL MHL wrote: > I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my > Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through > Outlook. Does anyo...

Clarification on Email templates
I just wanted to get clarification on the use of email templates. Can templates only be used when sending email to external users? Can they be used to help with internal process/workflow. For example, if I take a simple workflow scenario like when a new Sales Order is created, use "X" template to send an internal email to accounting to notify them. I can only seem to get this to work only if there is an email address on the customer account record then CC: an internal user account. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help! ...

Seconday email
Is there any way to email to a users secondary email address. When we select a user, there doesnt appear to be any way to specify which email is used. Ian ...

Email Woes
To Anyone that can Help: I recently had to help my cousin and completely reinstall WindowsXP on his home pc.After I got all up and running,I installed Spybot S&D,Ad-Aware,AVG anti-virus,and all is working well.But he never had set up his email account,so asked if I would.So,I set his up for him,and installed Incredimail,which I use with NO problems ever.Then from his pc,I sent an email to my home pc to test it to see if it worked.When I got home,I had received the email,but when I tried to reply back to him,he never got it,nor did it get returned as "Undeliverable". After a cou...

Add a button to send an email
How do I add a button or shortcut to the toolbar to start an email so I don't have to click Actions/Add Activity/Email. Three clicks should be one. Thanks! -- Susan Eckles Power Time Corporation HI, Use "Send-Email" option. Regards Ram "Susan" wrote: > How do I add a button or shortcut to the toolbar to start an email so I don't > have to click Actions/Add Activity/Email. Three clicks should be one. > Thanks! > -- > Susan Eckles > Power Time Corporation > ...

User names not to be displayed while sending emails
Hi We have implemented CRM 3.0 for a customer who uses it for managing his Customer Service. There would be a thousand emails to their support inbox (support@xyz.com) and the CSR's answer it one after the after. Now when they reply to these emails, the email goes from their inbox displaying their names & email id's and not from the support inbox. Is there any way to hide their personal names and make the emails go from support@xyz.com? -- Jony Lawrence HI Gurus, Please look at my need and advice me accordingly -- Jony Lawrence "jonybl@hotmail.com" wrote: &...

Email Rule
We have a user which has set up a rule which states when an email containing the work acme in the subject line comes in it is forwarded out to the the following people or distribution group. It is currently setup to forward to a contact within Activie Directory. This contract is for the given users account on a different network. When i send an email to the user with acme in the subject line he receives it locally but he doens't receive it at the remote site. Can you think of anything that i need to look at. I can confirm on the local server and remote server that it hasn't trie...

Email layout changes when sent (font size/bold etc)
Hi, We have a problem with emails which layout are changed after being sent. * Formatting changes (normal text gets bold, underlined) * Font types changes (also standard fonts like arial) * Font sizes change (is increased, mostly from 10 to 12) It happens with whole sentences/paragraphs. * The email in the 'Sent items' is ok * Email received is not ok. Server: Exchange Server 2003 Sp2, Exchange Server 5.5 SP4/Faxination (to be retired). Clients : Outlook 2000, 2002 and 2003 (mostly 2002, 2003). We had this problem already in 2004 when we were still on Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000...

[HELP] Problems forwarding NDR reports to a Public Folder
I have a problem with Non Delivery Reports that tries to be sento topublic folder with mailbox, but only in a special condition. I think it is a permission problem, and I would have an help to solve it. This is the scenario: There are some USER MAILBOX, for example xxx@domain.com, for which I have set-up a *forward* to the address of a PUBLIC FOLDER with a mailbox called xxx1@domain.com. The Client Permissions in this public forder are: Default: contributor Anonymous: contributor Administrator: owner If user xxx@domain.com sends a mail to an existing server (for example hotmail), but to an...

forwarding emails between accounts in same AD Forest?
I am trying to setup a forwrding address for a user to forward to another mailbox of theirs which is in a different domain but same forest. I am selecting the account to forward to in the forward to box in the delivery options window in their AD account. But I am geting this error: A referral was returned from the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007202b Microsoft Active Cirectory - Exchange Extension Any have any ideas on ways around this. Many thanks Does the account you're using to make this delegation have sufficient rights in the other domain to look up the alternate recip...

.forwards
When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a copy of ALL emails received to another address automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this in Outlook. For more explanation - our students are assigned email addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu. Many would rather use their yahoo or hotmail account. They want ALL of their mail sent on to the other account. What directions do I give to them to make that happen? Thanks so much AC Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your server, if you've really decided that this is wh...

Question on Project Accounting
We are using PA to trach each build of an machinery. Some machinery are made to order, so the customer ID are known while setting a new contract/project. Other machinery are built without first knowing the buyer/customer. 1) How to create a proejct and later assign/change customer when buyer is confirmed? 2) can PA set to allow non budgted inventory item? some items are not budgeted for while setting up the cost category. We would like to allow purchasing/usage (transfer) of such un-budgeted item in PA. 3) can UOM in PA set to follow UOM in Inventory? thks for sharing. Unfortunately...

Emails ending up in SPAM folders...
I have racked my brain over and over. I own a small independent I.T. company and most of my local and regional small business clients utilize free email accounts through Yahoo!, Hotmail GMail...etc and my emails are now ending up in their 'Bulk' or 'Spam' folders. I have done extensive research and find most are now utilizing Yahoo!'s domainkeys protocol for determining spam messages. Now I know what you may think, but no I am not a spammer. My clients have missed many many critical emails from my company and I need to know how to implement domainkeys in my Exchange...

Quickbooks/RMS accountant wanted: Vancouver/Fraser Valley, BC
Looking for an expert in QuickBooksPro and who knows how RMS and QB integrate. Need help with the initial setup and likely for end-of-year reporting. Thanks, A Adrian- I don't think that the integration works correctly with canadian QB. -JIM "Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE7FFFAD-E015-496D-BFEE-D0AC7208797D@microsoft.com... > Looking for an expert in QuickBooksPro and who knows how RMS and QB > integrate. Need help with the initial setup and likely for end-of-year > reporting. > > Thanks, > A Jim is right but y...

Receiving email meant for others #2
I posted the following message before but based on the response, I wasn't clear I am sure this group can answer this quickly. It appears that some of our users are reveiving copies of emails sent to others. We can llok at the headers, only the intended recipient is there with no CC or BCC IN THE HEADER, but yet others are also getting the message. I am sure it is a spam trick. Any ideas where to look? Bear in mind when I am BCC or CC'd I can see my name it that header. But in these cases no BCC or CC in the header Thanks! CamD You should not see any recipient in BCC, b...

ISP Email and Exchange
Can I configure exchange which controls corporate emails (email@mycompany.com) to donwload an email from an ISP (i.e. email@myisp.com) and put it in one or more mailboxes? Or the only way is to do it from outlook directly? Evan Camilleri There are tools to do this http://www.slipstick.com/exs/popconnect.htm but Exchange is not a good email client http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/smtp_diatribe.asp William Lefkovics Evan Camilleri wrote: > Can I configure exchange which controls corporate emails > (email@mycompany.com) to donwload an email from an ISP (i.e. > email@myisp...

Forward Unopened messages?
I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any spam emails. The FTC has an email address (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward spam emails that don't follow the regs or don't have opt-out options however when I forward the message Outlook opens it. Is there a way to forward the offending spam email as an attachment without opening it? Thanks Ted Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any > spam emails. The FTC has an email address > (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward...

bounce emails #2
Is it possible to bounce emails back to the sender so they think the email is no good which you can do in other email programmes. I am getting emails that cannot be unsubscribed and I don't want to have to put them in junk email and then have to empty it all the time. "jenniw" <jenniw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF5B1E32-0272-4D2D-B6BD-1121A095593D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to bounce emails back to the sender so they think the > email is > no good which you can do in other email programmes. I am getting > emails that > ca...

email sends YES, reply NO, forward NO
Subject: Re: NO forward or reply in outlookXP From: "Eileen" > Sent: 7/13/2003 2:40:08 PM My account server properties ARE set to authenticate. I CAN send email. What I CANNOT DO is REPLY to or FORWARD and email. The error pops up immediately upon clicking the SEND button...before it leaves my PC (or so it seems) >-----Original Message----- >Simple - you cannot send mail through a server to which you are not >connected "relaying denied." > >You need to set your account server properties to allow you to authenticate. > > >-- >...

Cannot Send EMail 03-30-10
Hello, I can send and receive email from Charter Communcations web site. I can receive email with Vista's Windows Mail. I cannot receive any emails. This is an unusual occurence as I have been using Windows Mail for a year now. Charter Comm. doesn't support Windows Mail and we have tried changing the outgoing mail server address. Nothing is working. The outgoing port is 25 for email. Any suggestions. Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubles...

CRM 4.0 Email Router - Incoming Status: Failure
I just rolled out an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and my current issue is I cannot get the Incoming profile in the Email Router to validate. Every time I use "Test Access" using various setup options it replies: Incoming Status: Failure - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. The SSL certificate that our exchange site uses is self signed and installed on the server. According to IE it is a valid certificate and issues no errors. I...

Sending email from Hotels
I have used Outlook for many years. I have Time Warner cable at home and use EarthLink dialup when traveling. Most of the time when at a hotel/motel I need to sign on to EarthLink in order to send email, I receive fine. Is there a way that I can stop paying EarthLink and still be able to send emails from a high speed hotel connection? Thanks for the help, Jim Jim <jrussell@spamr-r-inc.com> wrote: > I have used Outlook for many years. I have Time Warner cable at home > and use EarthLink dialup when traveling. Most of the time when at a > hotel/motel I need to sign on to...

Can't Send EMAIL with Attachments
After attaching a document to an email, I hit the send button, the attachment disappears from the Attachment kine and Outlook just hangs there until I kill the application. Regular EMAIL sends out just fine and I can open attachments that are sent to me. I've turned off Norton, my Zonelab firewall, and the Microsoft XP SP2 firewall. I'm using outlook Express 6.0 -- rproemsey Nothing to do with OL itself and the problem of attachments, but there's no need to have the Windows firewall and Zonelabs firewall on at the same time. Switch the Windows one to off. As for the han...

I am unsuccessful in sending to a email recipient
I have tried unsuccessfully to send this word document as an email. It shows msg sent by not rec'd by recipients. What next? Probably not a Word problem and probably not a problem from your end anyway, so there's probably not much anyone here can do to help you and probably not much you can do to help yourself either. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "cowgirl2010" <cowgirl2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4EF5A72-F77A-4418-8AC8-D96A661B2208@microsoft.com... > I have tried unsuccessfully to send this word document as an email. It...

printing of email
Hi When my boss prints a email he receives the actually text of the email has been chopped off but about 1 letter, on the start of every line, is there anywhere that you can change this, Thanks Check the margins on your printing options. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "BSM SOLUTIONS PTY LTD" <bsmsolutions@internode.on.net> wrote in message news:41108000$1@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi > > When my boss prints a email h...