Forwarding email to an external account

If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done?
0
anonymous (74722)

In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's  Properties,
you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery
option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy
dance :)

I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR.
--
Sincerely,

D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
www.akomolafe.com
www.iyaburo.com
Yesterday?  -anon
"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal
account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done?

0
deji (19)
4/3/2004 2:41:28 AM
"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done?

Create an AD Contact (or Custom Recipient in the case of E5.5) and
mail enable the contact. In both cases simply give the contact/cr the
smtp address of the external mailbox.
Use Exchange Admin / ADU&C to select the Delivery Options tab and
enter the alternate recipient in there (you can browse for it)
Decide whether to send only to the external recipient or to store a
copy in the mailbox as well.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
4/3/2004 2:57:04 AM
oooooopsie! :)

--
Sincerely,

D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
www.akomolafe.com
www.iyaburo.com
Yesterday?  -anon
"Deji Akomolafe" <deji@REMOVEPADDINGakomolafe.com> wrote in message
> In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's
Properties,
> you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery
> option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy
> dance :)
>
> I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR.
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
> www.akomolafe.com
> www.iyaburo.com
> Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about
> Yesterday?  -anon
> "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a
personal
> account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done?

0
deji (19)

Access 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and outgoing email traffic for specific group addresses in an Exchange Enviroment. This only needs to be a simple culmulative count with a date stamp. Not too sure how I would start this. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given. My guess is to use MAPI to connect to and interact with the server. From there, there should be code available to read the traffic. "MaccaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and > ...

Excel Mass Email
Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the following: We have Excel file that contains 3 columns- ID, password and email address. We need to email each ind email address their ID and password. Is there a program that we can use that will do this email merge? Thanks! Hi Jill Try this example on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09b701c49fdc$32c52960$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the follow...

changing email alias / marriage
I was able to rename the user account to reflect the name change of a recently married employee, but how do I get her alias to reflect the last name change... we use the <first initial><last name> format. We are using Small Business Server 2003, if that makes a difference... Thanks. -- jilltre Exchange General tab of the user's properties. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "jilltre" <jilltre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:234B139C-C33D-45B5-ADEC-32FCA4C7C266@microsoft.com... >...

Can't delete email messages
After i received about 300 worm emails, I can not delete any of the emails i have received. When I hit the delete key, I get the following error message " The message interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart outlook". I have Norton Anti Virus, and I have verified that my machine is free of Virus. Even though I have restarted Outlook many times, the problem persists. Any suggestions. thanks for the help Bob Yeary Bob@Yeary.net Oh woe is me. Regardless if you using an ISP or exchange server. Create a new pst file. Move the message you want ...

Advanced Email Options
The options listed below are selected in the Advanced emails options of my Outlook application. - Automatic Name Checking - Suggest names while completing To, CC, and Bcc fields I've sent emails to certain email addresses in the past, and yet when I type part of their email addresses in the To, CC, or Bcc fields, they are not suggested or automatically completed, even when I tab to the next field. Can someone tell me what's causing this and what the fix is? ...

2005 Update Retirement Account Problem
I am having the same problem as discussed in a post on 10/5. Has anyone else seen this or know of a solution? And btw, I am not running XP SP2, just a fully updated SP1 system. I tried everything I could find in the KB to no avail as well. I am getting really frustrated with how many bugs there are in 2005. I have used MS Money for years and have never had as many problems as I have with 2005. I can't believe that this product made it out to the public with as many problems as there are. Any comments would be appreciated. ...

Problem sending emails from Outlook Express Ver6 NEVER MIND!
I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora. I can't seem to send e-mails from it. When I send a test to myself I get the error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS) .. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Must be something...

How to send newsletter as HTML email
I can successfully create my newsletter in Publisher, choose to email it as a message, and it shows up perfectly in an email message. But now I have purchased an email program that allows me to paste in HTML to send to a large distribution list of subscribers. I want to copy my newsletter as HTML and send it via this program. I've tried saving the .PUB file as a single file web page (.mht file), then I open that file in my browser, view source, copy and paste the HTML code into my mailing list program and send it as an HTML email. However, when it is received in email, it is missi...

Subdividing account
I want to be able to subdivide my checking account so that I can earmark certain funds. How can I do this. Ex. I have a general fund Then Fund A and Fund B. I want to make sure that income and expences for fund A are kept separate from the othews two funds, but i want to keep it in one account. How Can i acomplish this? ...

Transferring email addresses from Access to Outlook address book
Is there a way of transferring a list of email addresses with their contact names from an Access Database Table to my Outlook? ...

Can't get third outlook account to show up
MS Outlook 2k3 This is frustrating me, I did the typical add email stuff and all went well, but now the email isnt showing up in my arranged list (arranging by accounts so I can view all my emails at the same time) When I try to send an email, however, I can choose this account from the accounts drop down menu, and it will send an email. any ideas? i've been searching forever. So you're using the Arrange By | E-mail Account view on your Inbox and you don't see this 3rd e-mail account as one of the groups? First, do you have any e-mails actually FROM that account to show? I...

Regular expression validation for email
I might be doing something stupid here but I really need some help. Can someone please tell me why can't I get this xml to pass my validation when I use XmlValidatingReader? The XMLSpy seems to accept it. XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Address> <email>x.x@x.com</email> </Address> XSD: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element nam...

saving emails
I need to reformat my hard drive but don't want to lose all of my emails and my contact list. Short of exporting everything individually, is there any way I can save my Outlook configuration so that everything isn't lost? Thanks! ...

Access word document from external app while it is open
Hi I open a text file with ms word 2003 (i.e. a common txt file) and I need to edited from ms word which is ok, but I need also in parallel access it by an external application and I cannot (I get a message permission denied). I imagine that ms word lock the file. So what I can do to override this setting? in order to edit the file from another application while the file is opened in word? Thank you There is nothing you can do. Word will lock the file. Word is not a multi-user application. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< &...

stuck email won't delete--holding up sync process
using an imap gmail account with WLM 14.0.8089.0726 on win xpsp3. there is a stuck outgoing message in the [Gmail] subfolder that will not delete. trying to delete it stalls WLM indefinitely (I left it overnight to find it still trying to delete the message). what's worse is that when syncing, upon reaching the [Gmail] folder containing this stuck email, syncing stalls out as well. I've gone through the program folders with windows explorer and can't seem to find that message to kill it that way either. I tried searching the forum for an answer but my searching...

I am receiving emails but cannot send using Vista and Windows mail
Account: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Server: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Wrong port number and SSL setting. Use the settings specified by your provider: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738 Also, go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "rcatonrealto...

Exchange 2K3 will not forward to external address
Hi, I am having a problem setting up forwarding to an external email address. I have tried using a rule in outlook and forwarding to an external contact in AD. Niether seem to work, no error messages. We can send emails to external accounts no problem. Just not when trying to setup forwarding??? Any ideas? Cheers. Tim. On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:31:03 -0700, "TimR" <TimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I am having a problem setting up forwarding to an external email >address. I have tried using a rule in outlook and forwarding to an external >contact ...

"Email Addresses" tab is not available
I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why the "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs would be unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment console, right-click, and then "properties"? Have installed the exchange management tools on that machine? Nue "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why th...

Delete lines of text before forwarding
Getting an email from a subscription service which I auto forward to others. Forwarded email contains the usual header info, then below that some extra verbiage about the service, etc. The first two lines of the email is all I would like to forward. Everything from line 3 down, can be deleted, then I want the email forwarded. Is something that can be done in a macro? ...

Rules for moving emails sent on behalf of someone
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email. * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

Duplicate emails in Outlook 2000
I have multiple email accounts set up in Outlook 2000 on my W2K box. One of the accounts is set up to "Leave a copy of messages on server". This basic setup in Outlook hasn't changed for 3 years. This particular account receives a lot of email, as much as 10,000 per month. At the end of the month, the email file on the server (sendmail, Linux) is backed up, and a new file is started. Here's the problem: Recently (last couple of weeks) Outlook has not been keeping track of messages that have already been received. Every couple of days, it will receive the entire file ...

Where do I find the email address?
I'm trying to create an email address J&L@JLRX.COM.AU as an SMTP email address to my test user, but the system tells me that the email address already exists. How do I find which of my users has that email address? Exchange 2003. -- | +-- JDMils | There are loads of ways - I detailed some of them here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "JDMils" <admin@jdmils.com> wrote in message news:OiXOb9mcGHA.4312@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to create an...

can not send email with an image
i wanted to send an email to multiple contacts with an image that can be seen at the body part of the email. so i created an email template but could not add the image file to the body of the email. since i could not attach the file, i opened the image file with internet explorer and i drag and dropped the image on the email template. it looked all right. the image can be seen on the template. but when i sent it. the recipient could see no image but the red x sign. any solution for sending this type of image based emails from crm? regards, orkun If you are mailing outside your organizatio...

How to view forwarded mail
If I forward a mail I have received then I cannot view this in Sent Items until I have used the search function to find the mail.. After I do this the forwarded email is seen in the Sent Items window. I suspect that this is not how Outlook should perform. Beemer OL can do that, but you must select Save Forwards in Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced email options. "Beemer" wrote: > If I forward a mail I have received then I cannot view this in Sent Items > until I have used the search function to find the mail.. After I do this the > forwarded email is see...

2 email downloaded by exchange server moved to public folder
Hi, I am having the following difficulties with Exchange 2003 that I could use some help on. I am running a small office system, it consists of 1 Small Business Server 2003, and 5 clients (all win xp ). I have 2 email accounts and would like to have the exchange server retreive the emails and move them to 2 different public folder depending on the email address. I did the following: configure the 2 pop3 connectors to get that mail, as user mailbox, mailbox of the account administrator on server. Now, trought Owa, on the server, i can see the received mails. Owa 's rules haven't...