Forward incoming emails for one account to an external email addre

I have an email account in my exchange 2000 domain that requires all incoming 
email to be forwarded to an external account.
I have read through the threads on this site, but they do not explain fully 
how to do this.  Can someone provide me with an 'idiots' guide?
0
samdews (4)
9/19/2005 11:31:01 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
688 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 58

Setup a Contact in your AD forest with the email address of the foreign mail 
system. Under the advanced setting of the Exchange mailbox add an alternate 
recipient to the Contact object.

Regards,

PaulB
"samdews" <samdews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0A59A6E9-C1AE-4297-81AD-D10364847C7F@microsoft.com...
>I have an email account in my exchange 2000 domain that requires all 
>incoming
> email to be forwarded to an external account.
> I have read through the threads on this site, but they do not explain 
> fully
> how to do this.  Can someone provide me with an 'idiots' guide? 

0
anonymous (74721)
9/19/2005 12:11:09 PM
I set up the contact using the wizard.  During the wizard I set the email 
address to the external account when prompted to create an exchange mailbox.  
On the exchange account that I wish to forward, under mailbox delivery 
restrictions, I set the account to forward to the contact.  When I send a 
test email to the internal email address I get the following bounce back:
'A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce 
between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.'  
When I look at the existing forwards on the exchange, this contact appears 
different, there are more tabs when you view the properties.  I think maybe I 
set the contact up wrong.  Can you clarify?


"PaulB" wrote:

> Setup a Contact in your AD forest with the email address of the foreign mail 
> system. Under the advanced setting of the Exchange mailbox add an alternate 
> recipient to the Contact object.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> PaulB
> "samdews" <samdews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:0A59A6E9-C1AE-4297-81AD-D10364847C7F@microsoft.com...
> >I have an email account in my exchange 2000 domain that requires all 
> >incoming
> > email to be forwarded to an external account.
> > I have read through the threads on this site, but they do not explain 
> > fully
> > how to do this.  Can someone provide me with an 'idiots' guide? 
> 
> 
0
samdews (4)
9/19/2005 12:39:25 PM
Sounds like a loop. I think you are right about the Contact and this may 
need recreating, I generally find wizards confusing and prefer to do it 
manually.

PaulB
"samdews" <samdews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1BFC9DD1-29EC-47A2-B418-5DE3F66F5259@microsoft.com...
>I set up the contact using the wizard.  During the wizard I set the email
> address to the external account when prompted to create an exchange 
> mailbox.
> On the exchange account that I wish to forward, under mailbox delivery
> restrictions, I set the account to forward to the contact.  When I send a
> test email to the internal email address I get the following bounce back:
> 'A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
> between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.'
> When I look at the existing forwards on the exchange, this contact appears
> different, there are more tabs when you view the properties.  I think 
> maybe I
> set the contact up wrong.  Can you clarify?
>
>
> "PaulB" wrote:
>
>> Setup a Contact in your AD forest with the email address of the foreign 
>> mail
>> system. Under the advanced setting of the Exchange mailbox add an 
>> alternate
>> recipient to the Contact object.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> PaulB
>> "samdews" <samdews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:0A59A6E9-C1AE-4297-81AD-D10364847C7F@microsoft.com...
>> >I have an email account in my exchange 2000 domain that requires all
>> >incoming
>> > email to be forwarded to an external account.
>> > I have read through the threads on this site, but they do not explain
>> > fully
>> > how to do this.  Can someone provide me with an 'idiots' guide?
>>
>> 

0
anonymous (74721)
9/19/2005 2:14:58 PM
Yeah, it was a loop.  Turns out the external address was being re-directed 
back to my domain, but the emails got through anyway.
Thanks for your help

"PaulB" wrote:

> Sounds like a loop. I think you are right about the Contact and this may 
> need recreating, I generally find wizards confusing and prefer to do it 
> manually.
> 
> PaulB
> "samdews" <samdews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:1BFC9DD1-29EC-47A2-B418-5DE3F66F5259@microsoft.com...
> >I set up the contact using the wizard.  During the wizard I set the email
> > address to the external account when prompted to create an exchange 
> > mailbox.
> > On the exchange account that I wish to forward, under mailbox delivery
> > restrictions, I set the account to forward to the contact.  When I send a
> > test email to the internal email address I get the following bounce back:
> > 'A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
> > between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.'
> > When I look at the existing forwards on the exchange, this contact appears
> > different, there are more tabs when you view the properties.  I think 
> > maybe I
> > set the contact up wrong.  Can you clarify?
> >
> >
> > "PaulB" wrote:
> >
> >> Setup a Contact in your AD forest with the email address of the foreign 
> >> mail
> >> system. Under the advanced setting of the Exchange mailbox add an 
> >> alternate
> >> recipient to the Contact object.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> PaulB
> >> "samdews" <samdews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:0A59A6E9-C1AE-4297-81AD-D10364847C7F@microsoft.com...
> >> >I have an email account in my exchange 2000 domain that requires all
> >> >incoming
> >> > email to be forwarded to an external account.
> >> > I have read through the threads on this site, but they do not explain
> >> > fully
> >> > how to do this.  Can someone provide me with an 'idiots' guide?
> >>
> >> 
> 
0
samdews (4)
9/19/2005 2:27:52 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Can't send emails out of Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new laptop and Office 2003. I can receive emails but can't send out. I called Tech24 earlier today- who temporarily fixed the problem (or just lucked out messing with settings) but it's not working again. The settings are correct (I called my ISP). Any suggestions are welcome. If you use the Test Account Settings, what error message(s) do you get? Please post the exact text. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

How to: print out a FORM with only the one active record
I create a button in a FORM with VBA as: DoCmd.PrintOut However, it will print out as many as all the existing records I want it to print out a FORM only with current record. How to modify the VBA? Thanks! Martin 2008-02-14 "Martin (Martin Lee)" <lajitong888@21cn.com> wrote in message news:%23C5Q$msbIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I create a button in a FORM with VBA as: > > DoCmd.PrintOut > > However, it will print out as many as all the existing records > > I want it to print out a FORM only with current record. How to modify the > VBA? T...

Import account
Hello Can I import accounts from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2002, I export from Outlook 2000 all accouts (.iaf files) but I'm not able to import them thank you ...

outlook 2003 (Windows XP) emails gives error re: subscription
In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I keep getting a required subscription for this service. What subscription are they referring to? Thank you. Hotmail You need a paid for Hotmail account to use Outlook (Also applies to some other internet mail accounts) "R Rankl" <R Rankl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C39AA85F-C879-4F14-B208-F3918424A523@microsoft.com... > In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I > keep > getting a required subscription for this service. > > What subsc...

Logging emails in excel
Two things I do in my job are 1) Send lots of internal emails (usin Outlook 2000) to different managers telling them about 'resource reallocations, e.g "John Doe is moving to project XXX on August 29th etc. 2) Capture the details of those sent emails to an excel S/S fo reporting purposes. Logging the emails (even remembering to log eac one sent) is laborious. Is there a way to capture the 'data elements of the email (I would probably need to create a custom form with extr fields for all I need to capture) as I send it, to that excel S/S? a solution would really make a difference ...

cant send email
I cant send emails from my 2 accounts, the error is 0x800CCC0D. These error messages may occur if Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server. These error messages are frequently caused by one of the following: a.. You are not connected to the Internet or a network, or your mail server is temporarily unavailable. b.. Your account settings are incorrect. c.. Your user profile in Outlook is damaged. d.. An e-mail item on your POP3 server is damaged. e.. The configuration of your AV software is incorrect. f.. Outlook ...

Multiple Email Accounts #2
I have users that have multiple email accounts. I know that I can have all three email accounts dump into one mailbox using alias accounts. However, how can I send from different accounts in outlook? Does Exchange 2007 slove this problem. On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:39:02 -0800, Shannon <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have users that have multiple email accounts. I know that I can have all >three email accounts dump into one mailbox using alias accounts. However, >how can I send from different accounts in outlook? Does Exchange 2007 slove >this problem. ...

Outlook 2003 won't save password in pop3 account settings
I am trying to set my email account settings to remember my password and it still prompts me everytime I send or receive email for the password. If I type it in, I have no trouble connecting and getting mail though. I am working through a citrix terminal to connect to outlook 2003 running on our company server. Is this a known bug? Is there a patch? Help! Sean Cartwright ...

Copy a chart from one workbook to another workbook?
l've tried to copy one workbook to another workbook using VBE. Does anyone have any idea? Thank u :D What is it you are copying, an embedded chart, a chart sheet, a worksheet, or a workbook? If it's a chart, are you copying just the chart, or the chart and its data? Is your intent to use the data from the new workbook with the copied chart? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "y0ngb00n" <y0ngb00n@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:43a694e3_1@news.tm.net.my... &g...

Forwards
Since I upgraded to Office Professional Addition 2003 - when I forward any e-mail created on my computer - it comes back. I can forward anything I get from outside my office - but just nothing I create. We have Exchange Server here. All Service packs are up to date. Thanks, Steve Sorry - Edition. >-----Original Message----- >Since I upgraded to Office Professional Addition 2003 - >when I forward any e-mail created on my computer - it >comes back. I can forward anything I get from outside my >office - but just nothing I create. We have Exchange >Server here. ...

Gmail user emails
Hello, I am facing problem, I am not able to receive email from my gmail users. I can recv. email from all other acct users. Can there be problem with setup or quick heal. Plz. help. PBChhaya -- PBChhaya Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Check your Blocked Senders list in Windows Mail. Do the Gmail senders get a non-delivery notice when they try to email you? If you receive email from senders other than Gmail, then your Windows Mail is working properly. Go to the webmail access for that account to see if those missing messages are there, perhaps in a spa...

multiple email accounts #3
is there a way to have and manage more than one email account in outlook 2000 similar to what can be done in outlook express? thanks In article <007d01c3c4d4$2d7b9310$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |is there a way to have and manage more than one email |account in outlook 2000 similar to what can be done in |outlook express? thanks | Certainly is. If you're running in Internet Mail Only Mode, no. If you're in Corporate or Workgroup mode, yes, there is. You can check your mode by selecting About Microsoft Outlook from the Help menu. If you&#...

Sending Bulk HTML email
Hi, How do you select contact/accounts using Advanced Find and then perform a bulk email to those selected? The email needs to be in HTML format. Are there any addons that will acheive this? Thanks Mike Hi Mike, From where you are highlight the entries from the list and then goto more actions and then "Mail Merge" then select bulk mail or e-mail or whatever you want to do. From there generate your e-mail or letter or whatever, and then when you select to send (e-mail only) there will be the option to send as HTML, Plain Text or Attachment. hth, Nathan "Mike R"...

How do I retrieve my email in Outlook from a different computer?
jacksondog <jacksondog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your question in the body of the message. Chances are that without a tool like VNC, pcAnywhere, or GoToMyPC, you won't be able to. -- Brian Tillman what is pc anywhere or Go to my PC and how do you get it "Brian Tillman" wrote: > jacksondog <jacksondog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > <nothing> > > Ask your question in the body of the message. > > Chances are that without a tool like VNC, pcAnywhere, or GoToMyPC, you won't > be able to. > -- ...

Incoming email is bounced when 2nd server added to site
Hello, I have recently added an additional Exchange server to my Exchange site. I can send email to the Internet from my new server, but when mail is sent from the Internet to the new server, I get NDR report from my existing server in the site. What do I need to do to the original server for it to forward external mail to the new server? Thanks in advance. -- what version Exchange? if the servers are in the same site, there should be no problem here...email sent to anyone in your Org should be delivered to either server. What is the NDR that is received? -- Susan Conkey [MVP...

Simple one, its just that I'm thick!
How do I have a bar graph where 2 sets of information are laid over each other. Similar to a stacked chart but with both sets starts on 0. Please help! Similar to the 3-D column standard option but not in 3-D!! -- Moxy1980 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Moxy1980's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28075 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477927 Use the clustered chart type, double click one series, and on the Options tab, change overlap to 100%. - Jon ------- Jon Pelt...

MFC SMTP Server and Exchange server on one network
I have a Canon MFC that is supposed to send scanned documents by email to recipients in house. All was working fine until I installed an SBS Exchange server on site. Formerly the MFC was sending emails to their ISPs email server from where they would POP it. This mechanism still works in spite of me setting the Pri DNS to the Exchange Server. Not too clear on all this but if someone could outline the steps of having both Exchange and the MFC SMTP servers running on the same network so the MFC server sends the emails to the Exchange server, I would be much obliged. Regards, fredblah If th...

Sorting in one tabs messes up formulas in another tab
Hi, I'm not sure if this problem was solved before so sorry if this is a repeat question. Let's say I have one spreadsheet tab that originally has the following: Col A Col B Row 1: 3 3 Row 2: 5 5 In another tab, I have the following formulas that reference the 1st tab: Col A Row 1: =average(A1:B1) - which would yield the number 3 Row 2: = average (A2:B2) - which would yield the number 5 Now let's say I resort all the data in the first tab, by col A, in descending order. The first tab now looks like: Col A Col B Row 1: 5 5 Row 2: 3 3 All is well enough until you look at the v...

how do i get an email address from microsoft outlook
I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on my computer at home. A good many internet connection providers have directions on their site on how to configure Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express on their site. Perhaps you could share who is supplying your POP3/IMAP mailbox account and someone here can reference you to a web page that covers how to setup. "aracelis" <aracelis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BC73273-638F-46C2-8499-9DE643366EB1@microsoft.com... > I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on...

How to open my job email from home?
How do I gain access to my job email - I was giving a site to go to but I can find it or anything near it. I anyone can help, please help me. On 14/03/2010 17:11, MS wrote: > How do I gain access to my job email - I was giving a site to go to but I can > find it or anything near it. > > I anyone can help, please help me. As we don't know who you work for, or what setup they use then you should ask your IT dept for help in the first instance... ...

Please help user accounts cannot log in
Hi all, well I caught a virus. I had essentials but some how it is unable to delete the virus and the real time protection has been disabled. Upon working with support we manage to find the problem in windows32 folder. It is a fake security virus. Unfortunately i was unable to delete the applications. I some how did something because now i cannot log in at all. Windows start up and gets to the user account section. When i click on any account it starts and then immediately logs out. This is even in safe mode under admin. I was able to at least get into windows and now i cannot. A...

CMimeMessage & CSMTPConnection and richtext emails
Dear All, I am trying to build an automation DLL that will send emails in rich text and will also be able to send attachments by reading filenames on the disk(as opposed to receiving it as part of HTTP headers). I am trying to use CMimeMessage and CSMTPConnection. If anyone has any ideas or experience of having used these classes to send rich texts and attachments, please guide me. Thanks in advance. Regards, Seshadri. ...

CRM Exchange Email Router wont install
I have CRM server installed on machine "A", the DataBase on Machine "B" and now i want to install the Exchange Email Router on Machine "c". I was previosly installed on machine "C", it was uninstalled and now i get the following error when trying to reinstall on "C": --------------------------- Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router Setup --------------------------- One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privileges on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and...

M04: How to balance a 401K account
Hi, Does Money 2004 allow balancing a 401K account if actual transactions are known. When I select "More investing Tasks->Update Retirement Account" or from Cash Account "Balance an account", I get this "wizard" that seems more complicated than reconciling individual transactions. I can imagine this kind of wizard a decade ago being useful when retirement plans issue quaterly statements, without actual transactions. Nowadays, when actual transactions are available, this "wizard" seems unsuitable. Am I missing some thing obvious? Thanks. Maybe...

Email activities should let us integrate images
Following the cases support team request's, most of the support calls comes in as email with a print screen of the problem. We want to be able to document the case by simply promoting the email in CRM attach it to the case and be able to still view the image that was sent. we are using crm 3.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsof...