Forward copy of outgoing e-mails to managers

I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm and is
bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the requirements is that
all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and stored. We have this taken
care of using journaling and ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all
managers receive a copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding
to accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also send
the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I am missing or
can I do this?
0
Aztech (4)

Aztech wrote:
> I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm
> and is bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the
> requirements is that all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and
> stored. We have this taken care of using journaling and
> ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all managers receive a
> copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding to
> accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also
> send the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I
> am missing or can I do this?

You're already doing journaling. Why can't these managers be allowed to
access the central/journal mailbox? I can't tell you the details of the
legal requirements by SEC/NASD, but I can't imagine you're expected to keep
this data in *three* places.

0
lanwench (7567)
1/11/2005 2:52:02 AM
Are you journaling to a mailbox? Give the managers rights to it and
they can open it via Outlook.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:59:03 -0800, Aztech
<Aztech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm and is
>bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the requirements is that
>all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and stored. We have this taken
>care of using journaling and ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all
>managers receive a copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding
>to accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also send
>the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I am missing or
>can I do this?

0
adavid (8731)
1/11/2005 3:12:28 AM
The only reason that I didn't want to do it that way is that we have GFI
filtering SPAM on the server but the journaling mailbox contains all the
e-mail including the SPAM. I didn't want the managers to have to sort through
the junk especially since many of them are remote.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Aztech wrote:
> > I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm
> > and is bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the
> > requirements is that all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and
> > stored. We have this taken care of using journaling and
> > ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all managers receive a
> > copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding to
> > accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also
> > send the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I
> > am missing or can I do this?
>
> You're already doing journaling. Why can't these managers be allowed to
> access the central/journal mailbox? I can't tell you the details of the
> legal requirements by SEC/NASD, but I can't imagine you're expected to keep
> this data in *three* places.

0
Aztech (4)
1/12/2005 12:33:06 AM
Aztech wrote:
> The only reason that I didn't want to do it that way is that we have
> GFI filtering SPAM on the server but the journaling mailbox contains
> all the e-mail including the SPAM. I didn't want the managers to have
> to sort through the junk especially since many of them are remote.

Journaling is really the only easy option. Doesn't GFI keep the junk mail
from getting in to your organization anyway?

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Aztech wrote:
>>> I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage
>>> firm and is bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the
>>> requirements is that all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded
>>> and stored. We have this taken care of using journaling and
>>> ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all managers receive a
>>> copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding to
>>> accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also
>>> send the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I
>>> am missing or can I do this?
>>
>> You're already doing journaling. Why can't these managers be allowed
>> to access the central/journal mailbox? I can't tell you the details
>> of the legal requirements by SEC/NASD, but I can't imagine you're
>> expected to keep this data in *three* places.

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange System Manager, Error ID: c0072afc
I have just installed Windows 2003 SBS with Exchange. I've made some settings for the domain controller and active directory. Now I'm a bit stuck because of the following problem: Every time when I open the Exchange System Manager, expand Folder and click Publick Folders. I get a critical error with following information: ---- The requested name is valid, bu data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager ---- (end of the error message) I get the same error message when I try to check properties of the same folder (Public Folder). T...

Bogus E-mails
How do STOP the bogus update E-mail messages that is supposed to be from Microsoft? These E-mail contain what appears to be the official Microsoft internet page. How can I put a stop from then short of using a SPAM KILLER program? ...

Forward from provider or forward from Hotmail?
I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through Outlook. Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else not do this and have their mail forwarded from their provider to Hotmail, rather than having Hotmail handle the forward? Questions? Answers? Opinions? Thank you very much kind people, MHL MHL wrote: > I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my > Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through > Outlook. Does anyo...

Microsoft Home & Student 2007....3 User Copy
I had Home & Student 2007 installed on a PC that suddenly stopped running; the Hard Drive failed. Rather than pay to fix it, I purchased a new PC. When I tried to Install Home & Student 2007 on my New PC...I got the message I had already had this software installed on 3 PC's. How can I install this software on my New PC? "denmarfl" <denmarfl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C993CFB9-19FD-485C-AAEC-9BF3A3DB59A6@microsoft.com... > I had Home & Student 2007 installed on a PC that suddenly stopped running; > the Hard Drive ...

[HELP] Problems forwarding NDR reports to a Public Folder
I have a problem with Non Delivery Reports that tries to be sento topublic folder with mailbox, but only in a special condition. I think it is a permission problem, and I would have an help to solve it. This is the scenario: There are some USER MAILBOX, for example xxx@domain.com, for which I have set-up a *forward* to the address of a PUBLIC FOLDER with a mailbox called xxx1@domain.com. The Client Permissions in this public forder are: Default: contributor Anonymous: contributor Administrator: owner If user xxx@domain.com sends a mail to an existing server (for example hotmail), but to an...

Copying Spreadsheet to a Forum
Here is what I want to do i want to copty a portion of my spreadsheet to a Sports Forum that I am a member of ,however when I copy it and then go to paste it on the forum "new topic" or "reply" screen all the numbers copy over however the grids do NOT, how can I do this where the entire portion of the spreadsheet(including the grids are transfered. Below is what happens: YTD TOTAL WINS YTD TOTAL LOSSES YTD UNITS +/- BASED ON 1 UNIT PLAY YTD UNITS +/- BASED ON ACTUAL PLAY TOTAL WINS FOR NIGHT TOTAL LOSSES FOR NIGHT UNITS +/- FOR NIGHT BASED ON 1 UNITS PLAYS UNITS +/- FO...

How do I matain formats when copy and pasting data from various so
I'm somewhat of a newbie and need help!! I need to cut and paste info from various spreadsheets into one. Each user formats their cells a bit different and the final version requires significant time to reformat each week. Is there a way I can cut and paste into my master w/o losing my formulas and formatting? Is there a way I can provide them a template sheet w/ locked formats so they cannot edit or reformat? Is there an easy way to merge this data into one spreadsheet vs. cut, paste, reformat... I would SO appreciate the help!! Good afternoon -- All this depends on what you...

E-mail Signature
I have set up my signature, and I have selected "black" for the font of my signature, but when I click on "new" e-mail, my signature comes out yellow and barely readable. Can you tell me how to fix this? Which version of Outlook are you using? How exactly did you create your signature? If using Outlook 2003 or previous, did you use the "Advanced Editor"? Which editor did it open for you then? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and mo...

OWA+GFI Mail Essential do not filter Junk Mail
Hi, I have a problem with OWA, I install GFI Mail Essentials 11 and it filter the Spam to junk mail correctly but only with Outlook 2003 clientes, but with OWA all the SPAM goes to Inbox folder. I active the Junk Mail filter vía OWA but the problem still occurs. Regards MRB Does anyomne have an idea of this issue? MRB "MRB" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a problem with OWA, I install GFI Mail Essentials 11 and it filter > the Spam to junk mail correctly but only with Outlook 2003 clientes, but with > OWA all the SPAM goes to Inbox folder. I active the Junk M...

My CRM Exchange Mail Router is unable to Route incoming Mails

ANN: Shortcut Manager for Publisher
Shortcut Manager for Publisher enables you to define your own keyboard shortcuts to menu items and macros in Microsoft Publisher documents and addins. For more information, visit its webpages at http://officerone.tripod.com/pbsctmgr/pbsctmgr.html Thank you, Regards, - Chirag http://officerone.tripod.com/ At $US24.95 I would not even waste my time downloading the trial version!!! -- ...

forwarding emails between accounts in same AD Forest?
I am trying to setup a forwrding address for a user to forward to another mailbox of theirs which is in a different domain but same forest. I am selecting the account to forward to in the forward to box in the delivery options window in their AD account. But I am geting this error: A referral was returned from the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007202b Microsoft Active Cirectory - Exchange Extension Any have any ideas on ways around this. Many thanks Does the account you're using to make this delegation have sufficient rights in the other domain to look up the alternate recip...

cannot send e-mail via WLM
recieve error message 0x8000CCC6F....server error 554...have discovered that this means my ISP will not support sending via WLM....have downloaded firefox in attempt to send...nope...cannot change default mail send on WLM.....have searched for a solution...nothing forthcoming.....anyone got an answer for this Whizz NEW system?..... "billmus uk" <billmus uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:544ADA3E-1B4E-45F1-846D-F5B0FB72C247@microsoft.com... > recieve error message 0x8000CCC6F....server error 554...have discovered > that this means my ISP wi...

Can't E-mail from Explorer
When I select an Email address on a website, I get 65 Internet Explorer windows pop up and a message about the default mail client not properly installed. I have to close all 65 windows before I can do anything! ...

.forwards
When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a copy of ALL emails received to another address automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this in Outlook. For more explanation - our students are assigned email addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu. Many would rather use their yahoo or hotmail account. They want ALL of their mail sent on to the other account. What directions do I give to them to make that happen? Thanks so much AC Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your server, if you've really decided that this is wh...

Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Outlook
I am having problem during the initial stages of installating Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Outlook, on my lap top which is a stand alone machine and is not part of a network or connected to a Server. The Eror Message is : " Setup failed to configuer the Server. Refer to the Server Eror logs and Setup error logs for more information" After these message the st up is terminated. Plaease let me know the reason for this error message and how to make appropriate correction. Thank you very Much for your assistance in resolving this issue. ...

MFC in Managed C++ Application
Hi, I M new in VC++ 7.0 I want to know whether we can use standard MFC classes in "Managed C++ applications" type projects for VC++ 7.0 Currently, the framework created by "Managed C++ Application" for VC++ projects does not supports usage of common MFC classes like CString. Do, I have to include some header to use MFC classes ? Thanks in advance for the response. Shadab. Managed C++ has its own string classes. To create applications with managed c++ use the "windows forms", or dig around the net because there is a way to integrate MC++ with normal code, ...

Forward Unopened messages?
I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any spam emails. The FTC has an email address (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward spam emails that don't follow the regs or don't have opt-out options however when I forward the message Outlook opens it. Is there a way to forward the offending spam email as an attachment without opening it? Thanks Ted Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any > spam emails. The FTC has an email address > (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...

email sends YES, reply NO, forward NO
Subject: Re: NO forward or reply in outlookXP From: "Eileen" > Sent: 7/13/2003 2:40:08 PM My account server properties ARE set to authenticate. I CAN send email. What I CANNOT DO is REPLY to or FORWARD and email. The error pops up immediately upon clicking the SEND button...before it leaves my PC (or so it seems) >-----Original Message----- >Simple - you cannot send mail through a server to which you are not >connected "relaying denied." > >You need to set your account server properties to allow you to authenticate. > > >-- >...

Signature not displayed in reply/forward
I've tried to search for a similar answers but can't quite find anything. I've set up an HTML signature for new emails, forwards and replies. All works fine until an inbound RTF email arrives and the signature doesn't appear in reply or forward automatically. I've checked the settings, I even tried the internet format conversion to HTML format for replies to inbound RTF. In message format I have both 'Use in MS Office Word 2003 to edit email messages' and 'Use MS Office Word 2003 to read RT email messages' are ticked. It's happening ...

Outlook 2000 Junk Mail Filter Problems
Apparently, I am the only one who has ever experienced this, as after an exhaustive search on Microsoft KB, I am unable to find ANYTHING remotely close. Here is the Problem: When using MS Outlook 2000, I click on my Inbox icon. This puts me into the "ever ready" mail menu. At the top on the menu bars, there is a button called "Organize". When you click this, this gives you a dropin menu in your "Inbox" area called "Ways to Organize Inbox". On the left hand side there is a column of options: Using Folders, Using Colors, Using Views and finally, J...

How copy multiple pages in publisher doc to new doc
want to copy some selected pages from a multi-page Publisher document into a new publisher document. I can of course copy and paste them one by one, but is there a simpler way? Office Help talks of selecting pages in thumbnail pane, but I can't find out how to activate and access a thumbnail pane of a publisher doc. Edit, open Office Clipboard, copy the pages. Depending on your setup, you should be able to collect 24 items. The text will not come over if the text boxes are linked. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft...

Not receiving mails from some domains
Hello, We have an w2k network with AD, exchange 2000 and ISA 2000. 3 days ago some e-mails sent to us are going back with this error: 554 5.5.0 Remote protocol error 451 4.4.1 reply: read error from mail.gestexper.pt. We used to receive mails ok from this person(s). We have installed an entreprise anti-virus (Panda software) on the network, but i cannot find anything on the console saing that it was a virus or something. Cannot find anything on Exchange and ISA also. I do believe that this as something to do with the anti-virus, but i was wondering if someone can tip me on were to start...