forms based authentication on exchange 2000?

Are there any third party add-ons that will enable forms based
authentication for Exchange2000?

Now that MSFT is disabling username:password@www.yourdomain.com in
their latest IE security update, I have to find a workaround on the
server side that'll let my users seamlessly authenticate to 1
particular common inbox on exchange via some method other than the
standard pop-up dialogue box.

If we can get passed the basic authentication requirement using some
form of forms based authentication then I'll be able to seamlessly
authenticate my users on exchange so they can access the data that's
in that inbox.  Upgrading to Exchange2003 to get forms based
authentication is not currently an option.

Thanks,
Robert Wuhrman
0
rwuhrman (30)

Formating Alignment based on numbers
How do I align a column of numbers on the decimal point? On Feb 15, 4:05 pm, littleredhairedgirl <littleredhairedg...@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I align a column of numbers on the decimal point? Hi littlehairedgirl, have a look at these sites: * http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html * http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/CustomFormats.htm * http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/ffae8c65eba4d9c8?hl=en Have a nice day Michael ...

Convert old publisher 2.0 file for Publisher 2000 and beyond
I created a text/graphic book in old publisher 2.0. Never progressed through later versions and Publisher 2000 won't open. Any ideas? The good news is I found 2.0 in the attic and installed her and she runs fine under XP. Everything I put in my attic melts... I did find an old AppleII+ banking program that booted right up. It has been the attic for years, it isn't 2000 compliant however. Can you open the file in 2.0? Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and Office Plug in, then try again. If you still can't open the file send the file to me and I will convert it fo...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Exchange Server through a firewall
I am trying to make our exchange server work with an outlook client through a soho firewall. Has any one sucessfully done this using RPC rather than IMAP or HTTP or POP3/SMTP You will probably run into difficulties using RPC as most ISP's have blocked the RPC port mapper (port 135) due to the Blaster virus. You will need to configure VPN or use RPC over HTTPS in Exchange 2003. Cheers, Karan Mavai "Don Rose" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08f101c3d613$28677f60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to make our exchange server work with an &g...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

Count cells based upon criteria in other cells
The cells in column J contains donations made by various individuals. Cells in column R contain certain member classifications. Am looking for a formula that looks at column R, then counts the number of entries in the corresponding cells in colum J for each member classsification. EX: in column R there are three classifications: RB1, RB2, RB3. Need to count how many donations in column J are made by each classification. Many thanks! Try the below formula =COUNTIF(J:J,"RB1") -- Jacob "JT" wrote: > The cells in column J contains donati...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Password not requestested for Exchange access
We have users that log onto one domain for most network access, but sometimes need to access their Exchjange data on a separate domain. For quite a while , when starting Outlook, it would require the user to enter their username, password, & domain - at this point they would enter the username information and alternate domain, and would then be authenticate. Now, some users (after supposedly changing nothing!!) are starting Outlook, and it is going to a blank inbox. When they click Send/Receive, it says they do not have access rights to the mail folders/messages. For example,...

Redundant exchange services
Our primary exchange data HD has failed, and I am trying to activate the 2ndary exchange server, but everytime I try to configure Outlook it always picks up the original server. I am missing something in the transfer. I have lost all of my mailboxes and just need the server online to receive email On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 14:16:02 -0700, Wayne <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our primary exchange data HD has failed, and I am trying to activate the >2ndary exchange server, but everytime I try to configure Outlook it always >picks up the original server. I am missing som...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

List of Inbound Routes for Exchange 5.5 Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 Server that has almost 100 inbound routes. Is there anywhere that I can find the a list of all the routes (like the registry) and put them into a text file? Thanks Rance route print from the command line if I understand hte question... -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Rancehood" <Rancehood_No_Sp_am@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKyIG2g3EHA.4064@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have an Exchange 5.5 Server that has almost 100 inbound routes. Is there > anywhere that I can f...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Exchange 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain
Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server running on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain. Microsoft has come out with a patch to fix DST in Windows 2000 but is costs $4000. It looks like another company has come out with a Windows 2000 DST patch and it is free. Here is a link to it http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-daylight.html. Has anyone applied this patch to their Windows 2000 Domain Controllers? Thanks. On Mar 7, 8:16 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinorei...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server ru...

Send as distribution list in Exchange 2003
Our company would like to create a generic distribution list with a few members to receive external emails (E.g. info@testing.com). And when the DL member replies, the reply will be sent from info@testing.com instead of the user's own address. I've tried to grant various permissions on the DL to the members, including Full mailbox access. However the DL member cannot send from DL address. Outlook returned an undeliverable email said "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator." Server: Exchange 2003 SP1 C...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

DC + GC + Exchange 5.5 sp4
there are a few topics about this "problem" But for my understanding: We have two W2K sp4 DC's in a single domain. One is Primary the other just DC. Both are GC's. Last night I updated DC one, had a reboot and some users who logged in again were unable to open Outlook. I thought the other DC (not the Primary) should take over cos'they were able to login? Or does it take more then 15 minutes for exchange to switch? Is there a way to give exchange 5.5 sp4 a failover to the other DC if one fails? Or should this be done in DNS? Is the Exchange server installed on one o...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Please verify Exchange 2003 Move
Background: ------------- - Server 1 - DC / Exchange 2003 (All Windows 2003/Exch 2003 Native) - Server 2 - Member Server - MX record at ISP, points to our internal mail server (Server 2) - We do not use Public Folders Goal: ----- Move Exchange 2003 and all mailboxes to Server 2 Plan: ----- (1) Install a second Exchange 2003 on Server 2 (2) Move all mailboxes to Server 2 with new Exchange install (3) Wait to all users Outlook 2003 profiles / settings have been recognized for Server 2 (4) Ask ISP to move MX record to point to Server 2 (5) Remove Exchange 2003 from Server 1 Questions (# ...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...