Forcing outbound mail through Exch 2003

Hello

I'm in the final stages of my Exch5.5 -> Exch2003
migration.  Right now, all mail inbound from the Internet
is flowing through Exch2003 (as it should).  However, all
of the mail sent from my network to the Internet is still
flowing out through my old Exch5.5 server.  How do I
configure my Exch2003 server to send its outbound email
directly to the Internet rather than sending it to the 5.5
server first?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Steve
0
anonymous (74721)

Basically you need to delete the IMS on the Exchange 5.5 server and ensure
that your E2k3 server is configured to send outbound SMTP mail (either via
the SMTP virtual server or the optional SMTP Connector configured on top of
the SMTP VS)

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Steve T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm in the final stages of my Exch5.5 -> Exch2003
> migration.  Right now, all mail inbound from the Internet
> is flowing through Exch2003 (as it should).  However, all
> of the mail sent from my network to the Internet is still
> flowing out through my old Exch5.5 server.  How do I
> configure my Exch2003 server to send its outbound email
> directly to the Internet rather than sending it to the 5.5
> server first?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> -Steve

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Outlook 2003 VPN / Firewall Issue
Are there some specific ports that need to be open on my firewall to allow Outlook access to my co Exchange server via vpn.... I can access the sever now (Thanks to Neo (MVP) )but only when I disconnect my firewall. Any thoughts? Cip ...

windows live mail
How do I change Outlook to use Windows Live Mail instead of Windows Mail? I'm not sure I understand what you want to do as outlook uses the acct you have it configured to use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messag...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Send/Receive is missing in Outlook 2003
I cannot Send/Receive email in Outlook 2003. The Send/Receive menu item is not in the Tools menu and there is not a Send/Receive "button" on the toolbar (I have all of the toolbars visible). When I first load Outlook, the Send/Receive button is visible for about 2 seconds and then disappears. I have unistalled and reinstalled OL 2003 with no luck. Any ideas? Find and rename the outcmd.dat file, found here C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Did you install anything right before it went away? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Y...

user receives mail that is addressed to a different user
I have a user who receives mail that is addressed to a different user. My user: joe_user@domain.com receives mail for henry_hu@domain.com. I have blocked henry_hu@domain.com in the recipient filtering setting and have also enabled "filter recipients who are not in the directory". Henry Hu does not exist in AD. Any ideas how this happens? How to block it? If I go to an external account and send to henry_hu@domain.com it is immediately rejected. The filter is enabled, on both servers. I have a single front-end and a single back-end. Any insight into this matter would be ...

New mails do not show
Outlook 2007 When new emails arrive they do not show in the view pane. I have to click on another folder then click back on my Indox to see the emails. I had ths problem months ago and got an elaborate menu option solution which I have tried to replicate but have forgotten. I tried installing SP1 but the problem persists. I tried searching this database but nothing came up. Any suggestions please? ....Tony Hi I've just fixed this problem in XP by adding outlook.exe as an exclusion in Windows Firewall. You should be able to add a UDP port as an exclusion for 2007. Andy "...

Highlight keyword in mail body
I got many emails every day. Can I use VBA to search every mail in my inbox, and highlight the keywords (I have a list of keywords)? Further, if a keyword exit in a mail, flag the mail so I will be able to read these mails first? For this purpose, if you have other approaches, please advise. Thanks in advance. Hong <wisemax@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1135863187.231590.237120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I got many emails every day. Can I use VBA to search every mail in my > inbox, and highlight the keywords (I have a list of keywords)? Further, > if a keyword ex...

Cannot Send Mail
SBS2003 SP1 / Exchange SP2 The Outlook client has several email stuck in the outbox. There is no error message, they just sit there in italics-ready state. I've checked all the usual suspects and various solutions posted but without success. Tomorrow I'l try turning off caching as this one was mentioned a couple of times. Just wondering if any one else has some ideas of this. The Outlook client is patched to SP2. Anything relevant in App Event log? Or in http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=global&query=outbox+stuck&a...

2000 outlook mail folder names?
Does anybody know the 2000 outlook mail folders names and what directory they are stored in. Thanks - Ron Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Mr.D" <rdrouillard@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:RnWfd.45900$xf6.15708@fe...

How do I set up a template for mailing postcards?
I have pre-printed postcards that I want to address myself for mailing - probably large mailing list. Individual cards? Depending on whether your printer feeds envelopes from the centre or the side of the paper track, pin a card to a piece of standard paper at centre or side as appropriate and draw around it.. Setup your margins to set the print area to the area you have drawn around (with a bit extra added for the card's internal margins) then use that to create your card document. Thereafter it is a simple letter mail merge - http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_w...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Exchange 2003 SP2 #10
We are running Exchange 2003 on our Active directory DC/GC, the server has 2GB Ram installed. Is it safe to install SP2 without modifying the boot.ini with the 3GB switch setting? This is not SBS 03. ...

Send mail as other person
Hi, When we are sending mail as other person we want to send as the email-adress of the person like this. marcin@domain.com send's a mail for/as sales@domain.com But whe I open this mail in some other mailsoftware where sender is marcin@domain.com the from should be sales@domain.com. I can't find any option that would change this to sales@domain.com. Som software would show sales@domain.com becouse of the "sender" propperty in the mailsource but others would not. Is it possible to filter the senderflag? Or how to do? ----------------------- Marcin S. On Mon, 1...

Migration Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003
Hello all. I had a lot of fun with our old Exchange server lately as I have the function of an admin here in our small company, but to be true: I am none. Making a lot of errors, learning more. At last we convinced the boss to buy new software, even though it was not in our "investment plan". New software yes, but not new hardware. Ok, here my problems are starting... This is current: PDC with Win NT 4.0 (2 GB first harddisk partition - WHY?) BDC with Win NT 4.0 (same 2GB partition thing, is there a special reason for it? This prevents me from "simple updating" the comp...

Outlook 2003
I just sent replies (with PDF attachments) to two messages and found out that the recipients received 8 - 10 copies of my email within 30 minutes. Strangely, none of these ever ended up in the Sent Messages folder. What caused this and how can I keep it from happening again? (One of the guys suggested the system might be on autorepeat. If so, how would I fix that?) ...

Mail Merge into Publisher
I have an exel file with names, addresses etc... that I exported from our database. I have imported this into Publisher and have a Postnet barcode font that is supposed to work for the USPS. The problem that I am having is that the addresses are not sorted properly for us to batch. Do we need some sort of plug in to be able to do this? Thanks Holly, There is a lot more to it than printing the Postnet barcode for discounted rates. I assume that is the purpose of your printing the barcode in the first place. The mailing list must be CASS certified. There is expensive software (expensi...

Outlook to mail merge
Help - I'm trying to merge my contacts to labels but the zip code does not show up on the finished product. The merge recognizes the "address block", not the zip. Don't use the address block - enter the fields for the address individually. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.ou...

How to store the e-mails on the local computer?
Any more details? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "vamshi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:063701c47aae$fb3a59e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > vamshi <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote an empty message. 1) What version of Outlook? 2) What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Import .pst to Exchange 2003
I installed Exchange Server 2003 on my network and I would like to import ..pst of the users to the Exchange Server 2003. Do you know any tools to do that ? I have hundred users on the network and I should not go on each PC. Regards Alfred On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 08:22:01 -0700, Alfred <Alfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I installed Exchange Server 2003 on my network and I would like to import >.pst of the users to the Exchange Server 2003. > >Do you know any tools to do that ? I have hundred users on the network and I >should not go on each PC. > >...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

mail-enabled public folder
Is there a way to have a "mail-enabled" public folder be a "user" in the Active Directory? In the Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server System Manager, you can click a public folder and then click All Tasks to enable the folder to receive mail. This functionality is available only in a native Exchange 2000 organization. Jay "susan" <smcrey@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:%23HAoqW1fEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have a "mail-enabled" public folder be a "user" in the > Active Directory? > > Please r...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

How to Disable Junk Mail Filter Outlook 2003
I recently reloaded XP and Office 2003 on my computer. My email is a POP3 account. I also use Norton Antispam for spam. Previously, there were no messages going into the Junk Mail folder. Now there are. Some of the messages in the Junk Mail folder have even been marked by Norton as spam. I have set Outlook to "No Automatic Filtering" but message are still being put in that folder. Norton still will put some messages into the Norton Antispam folder also. Note I am not getting false positives or negatives. I do not want to have to look at two different folder to check fo...

Problem with Exchange 2003 Public folders
I am having a lot of trouble setting permissions in Exchange 2003. I have Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 AD controller. Everything has been created from scratch and all the services packs have been applied. I created a public folder structure, then loaded items from a .pst file. When I try to set permissions on folders, certain groups give me Access Denied errors when I try to propagate the permissions-- Facility Win32, ID no 80070005 in Exchange System Manager. Sometimes I get 80007004 errors as well. I am logging on as the built in admin which has local, domain and enterpris...