Force uninstall of Exchange

I have a Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003

I don't know what has been done on the machine (I think that it has been
moved from one domain to another), but my problem is now that Exchange won't
uninstall (I need to reinstall it).

Every time I try uninstalling, I get:
"Setup failed while installing sub-component Exchange Active Sync with Error
code 0x80005000"
And when you click through, it fails with some other sub-components ending
up with no change.

I have been following:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396
but it still has Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services
installed, failed an uninstall.

How to force a total uninstall of Exchange 2003?

Regards, Lars.

0
news

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-36,GGLJ:en&q=how+to+manually+remove+exchange+2003

/Simon

"Simon Walsh" <simon.walsh@kerfi.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-36,GGLJ:en&q=how+to+manually+remove+exchange+2003

Yes, and the first link was actually the microsoft link that I tried to
follow at first, but unsuccessfully.

I think that the problem is that the domain where Exchange was installed
initially is not available anymore.

I think I am actually going to wipe the whole machine, unless someone has a
good suggestion on what to try to forcefully uninstall Exchange - other than
the MS link.

Regards, Lars.

0
news
2/9/2007 11:18:29 AM
If the domain is not available then there is no configuration data
available.
All you need to do is follow the steps in the article for manual removal.

If you have the possibility of wiping the machine and reinstalling then do
it. It is always a good idea.

> "Simon Walsh" <simon.walsh@kerfi.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-36,GGLJ:en&q=how+to+manually+remove+exchange+2003
>
> Yes, and the first link was actually the microsoft link that I tried to
> follow at first, but unsuccessfully.
>
> I think that the problem is that the domain where Exchange was installed
> initially is not available anymore.
>
> I think I am actually going to wipe the whole machine, unless someone has
> a good suggestion on what to try to forcefully uninstall Exchange - other
> than the MS link.
>
> Regards, Lars.

Rename exchange server #2
Is it possible to rename the exchange server? Thanks, "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:06fb01c3d661 $019b90d0$a301280a@phx.gbl: > Is it possible to rename the exchange server? > There are side effects. It is possible. Search the Microsoft knowledge base or the group archives linked below for "rename exchange server" it is not a pretty process. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Archives: http://groups.google.com ...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Exchange Traffic
Hello, i have following problem... In our exchange organization there are some servers behind a vpn box. There are some ports configured for communication,but only for the servers at that location to the servers in headquarter. People working in this locations have no problem. But some people in the headquarter get's rpc request (OUTLOOK) from the exchange server at the location behind the vpn-box. Why do exchange / Outlook call these Exchangeserver ? The employ's mailbox are on a server in the headquarter. He only checks his mails! Is there a need to reconfigure the vpn-boxes fo...

Delayed Sending In Exchange
Does anyone know how to delay the sending of messages in Outlook 2002/XP using Exchange? The main thing is that the user wants to be able to send a message at a later time and not be logged into the PC when that time arises. Is it possible to delay sending without being logged into the PC? In the open email message go to options and choose "do not deliver before..." and pick the desired send time. -- *************** No Email Replies "b.ups.help" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4501c3a487$b7c90290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does any...

Exchange 2003 SP2 #10
We are running Exchange 2003 on our Active directory DC/GC, the server has 2GB Ram installed. Is it safe to install SP2 without modifying the boot.ini with the 3GB switch setting? This is not SBS 03. ...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Exchange IMF oddities
I am having a problem with my Exhcange IMF and just one of many clients IMF too. The rest of the servers are working as expected. The problem I am having is that the SCL levels that I assign dont seem to be followed/applied. I have the gateway SCL set to 8 (delete) and the junk mail folder SCL set to 6. Users are telling me that no junk mail is being filtered at all. Users are on outlook 2003. I have enabled IMF in the SMTP Protocol area and assigned that levels that I desire in the Message Delivery area. I have restarted the Information Store and the server a number of times. I have uninstal...

Antivirus for Exchange 2003 #2
Hi All, Can somebody share some experience about antivirus for exchange 2003 !!! Thanks in advance ! Tedy Scanmail for Exchange 2000/2003 from TrendMicro is the best! "msnews.microsoft.com" <tedybb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eyknclULEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Can somebody share some experience about antivirus for exchange 2003 !!! > Thanks in advance ! > > Tedy > > Obviously there are a number of vendors out there. But only two you need to look at. Trend Micro, and Sybari. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://...

Import .pst to Exchange 2003
I installed Exchange Server 2003 on my network and I would like to import ..pst of the users to the Exchange Server 2003. Do you know any tools to do that ? I have hundred users on the network and I should not go on each PC. Regards Alfred On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 08:22:01 -0700, Alfred <Alfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I installed Exchange Server 2003 on my network and I would like to import >.pst of the users to the Exchange Server 2003. > >Do you know any tools to do that ? I have hundred users on the network and I >should not go on each PC. > >...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Exchange Explorer problem
I can't get access at all to Exchange Explorer I get the below error after I say yes to the message 'This page is accessing information that is not under it's control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue.' 'Server not available or a unrecoverable error occurred" I can't get into exchange explorer at all, I've tried administrator accounts as the username and pass and also accounts like exmerge, I've tried going to just server/exchange and exchange/mailbox using the mailbox I'm trying to get to's username and password. I recen...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

Exchange IE8 for IE7
I have windows XP SP3. My PC is about 5 years old and a bit slow. I recently replaced my IE7 with IE8 and now find that my PC seems to have become even slower. What is the best way to uninstal IE8 and replace it with IE7 again? How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700 ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Tue, 25 May 2010 19:36:11 +0800, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, "John" <John@nospam> wrote: >I have windows XP SP3. My P...

Exchange 2000 Routing issue
Hi all we are having win2kSBS as our Exchange server and our pop3 server is mail.merittrac.com. Our mail addresses will be in the form of Name@merittrac.com In the default policy of Recipient policies , I have set the SMTP address as @merittrac.com. Now Problem is some of our employees work outside our office. They will check the mails directly from internet by going to mail.merittrac.com . They don't use any exchange server . When we send mails to our employees (who will work outside) from our outlook , they are not recieving ...

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

Version of Exchange #2
I can't tell by looking if I am up to date with my service packs and updates. What is the latest version of Exchange with service packs? My current version is... 6.5.7226.0 Am I up to date? On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:41:01 -0800, Mark Joz <MarkJoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can't tell by looking if I am up to date with my service packs and updates. > What is the latest version of Exchange with service packs? My current >version is... > >6.5.7226.0 > >Am I up to date? No. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158530 ...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

force

Exchange Address list
How do a make an adresslist based on group membership ? TIA Hans On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:05:09 -0800, "Hans Maris" <HansMaris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do a make an adresslist based on group membership ? > >TIA > >Hans See this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317298 and pay attention to linked at the bottom. Should be all you need. Thanks ! This is exactly what I was looking for ! "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote: > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:05:09 -0800, "Hans Maris" > <HansMaris@discussions.micros...

Exchange Connector Install
I know this question has been posted previously, but nothing has helped thus far. When attempting to install the 1.2 connector I am getting the following error message when adding the server name & url: "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privleges on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again." Here are the enviornmental specifics: Both servers (exchange & crm) running on 2003 boxes. OWA in front end FBA config, trying to connect crm to back end. Using domain admin with crm li...

POP3 and Exchange different delivery locations
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 and I want my personal (yahoo) pop3 based email messages delivered to different location (to a pst file) than my work/company's Exchange based messages (which are stored and synced on the Server and the local OST file). When I change the delivery location in Tools->Email Accounts->Deliver New email to the following location (to a New Outlook Data File (.PST)) for My POP3 account, it changes the delivery location for both (POP3 and Exchange) based messages. Is there a way I can deliver POP3 messages to a PST file and leave Exchange based message...

Urgent Help on Exchange Server 5.5
I have accidentaly deleted mailboxes off our exchange server and now all the emails for those boxes have disappeared even though I have recreated them. Is there anyway of retrieving those messages / mailboxes that existed before the deletion ???? DO you have delete items retention set for something other than 0? I'm not sure that it saves deleted items when a mailbox is deleted, but I'm sure if you have it set to 0, you're stuck with restoring a backup and exporting/importing the mailboxes. You're facing a **lot** of work. You have to ask the question "Is it worth it?...

cannot connect to exchange server from Exchange Administrator
Forgive me. I am new to exchange, and inherited a customer support role. My customer is running exchange 5.5 with MS small business server. Exchange is working good (sending and receiving mail), but I need to get into the Exchange 5.5 administrator application. When I try to connect to the server, I get the following error message: -------- A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer 'SERVERNAME'. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_communications_problem ------ What does this mean? I...

Outlook 2000 problem with exchange 2003
Please I have problem with outlook 2000 on some PCs having Windows XP. Our exchange server is newly migrated from 5.5 to EXchange 2003. when I post the echange server name and type the name and press check name it is giving me the following error message "The name could not be resolved. The operation failed". I fould one of these PCs was having some RPC keys deleted from registry. I maintained the keys then outlook worked fine. But on others keys are fine. RPC binding is fine. I can ping the server with name "name resolution is ok". Am surprized why some PC work a...

Forcing an ActiveX control to serialize it's properties.
Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:OqS15%23p3DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? > > Kurt > > Kurt, Try getting a pointer to the IPersistStorage interface via QueryInterface. Then call the method IPersistStorage::Save which needs an IStorage* to specify where the properties will be saved to. ...