Folder size difference between local and server

Hi,
When I open Microsoft Outlook, and look at the folder size of the mailbox,
it has two tabs.  One is local data, and the other is server data.  Why are
they different?  I have a user that has the inbox at 75Mb for local data and
89Mb for server data.  That big difference is enough that sometimes he starts
getting the limit warnings and if he is gone home for the night but still
receiving e-mails, his mailbox stops receiving.  14Mb makes a difference.
How can I get them to be the same, or to reduce the server data?  Thanks in
advance!
0
ibredbeard (14)

Managed Folders
Hi there, Can someone confirm whether I can create sub folders in my Managed Folders? I know the user can create subfolders at the client side, but can I do the same thing at the server end? And will these sub folders have a seperate email address rule to the parent sub folder? I'm using Managed folders to copy data into Sharepoint. Thanks ...

IS there a size limit to using an array?
Am trying to use MATCH function to locate missing or incorrectly spel country names in a spreadsheet of address data. Here's the formula: =IF(ISERROR(MATCH("*"&countries&"*",ImportData!$D1:$Z1,0)),0,1) Doesn't work and BOY is that annoying cos I don't understand why unles it has something to do with the size of the array or the amount o information I'm trying to cross reference again. I've tried: re-typing and re-formatting the array, (failure). tested smaller bits of the array, (failure) The thing is, I have another array which is larger i...

Changing the font case size across a worksheet
Is there an easy way to change the font case from, say a mixture of upper case and lower case to all upper case, across a whole worksheet - (ie like change case in Word)? - without using a macro (not my forte!) Any help would be greatly appreciated. HDV -- HDV ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HDV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26299 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491212 Assume the text is in A1:H123 Select a range I1:P123......same size as original. In active c...

Public Folders #15
Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in Exchange 2003? I do not believe you can. On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:36:14 -0700, "NIC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in >Exchange 2003? ...

Views on multiple folders
In Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server. Hi, We’re dealing with a medium-high amount of folders in some shared mailboxes. I’d like to create two extra views for my co-workers for each folder. The two views are independent of the folder so i just have to navigate through the folder tree and creating the new views and make it public for the folder. My question is: .. where are really these views stored?? I guess on the server so I'm asking myself about the consequences in tearms of memory or performance of each user modyfing each view eventually on each folder. The serve...

Same Folder View for all in Public Folders
How do I set a public folder so that it displays a threaded conversation for all users. I have customize the view to sort by convo, but that just shows for me, not the others? Outlook2000, Exchange 2000 ...

Windows Explorer shuts down when I try to open folder on my desktop
Windows Explorer shuts down and restarts when I attempt to open what I will refer to as my main folder on my desk top. Problem Reports and solutions from first instance. Product Windows Explorer Problem Stopped responding and was closed Date 11/08/2009 4:05 PM Status Report Sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Problem signature Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005 Application Timestamp: 49e01da5 Hang Signature: d14f Hang Type: 0 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0....

Public folder Replication Status not updating.
Since the 18/05/06 I have been having issues with my public folder replication. The changes are being replicated between our servers which are all connected by a central exchange hub. I've followed article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842273 to try to isolate the problem. I have enabled logging on 3 servers including the hub to make sure they messages are being sent\received and they are confirmed as being received by each mail store. Although this is the case for some reason the replication status is not updating and for each server excluding the one that I am connect to via exchang...

Excel Save As getting "folder is read only" error.
I'm getting a "folder is read only" error when trying to use "save as" to save a file. I can use save as from another computer, logged in to the network the same without the error. The machine getting the error can copy and paste files to the folders without error, just happens when using the "save as" from the file menu. Is there someplace to change folder attributes that only office 2003 is using? OK, I've figured this one out myself. When using a Novell server and Office 2003, it would seem that it is necessary to use Novel Client 4.83 sp...

Can not run report after install frontpage server extension
Hi all, I have a problem with can not run report install frontpage server extension. The error msg display as below. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'LOCUS-CRM\IUSR_LOCUS-CRM' are insufficient for performing this operation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'LOCUS-CRM\IUSR_LOCUS-CRM' are insufficient for performing this operation. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.ReportingServices...

Replacing Inbox folder ?
Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all existing messages to the new one. All other folders, even sub folders of Inbox work normal so that only this one folder needs to be replaced if that can be done. Anyone know how? "Marko" <dkvolb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uuZq3QpkJHA.6060@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I > now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all > ...

2003
When I look at the draft folder there is no way (I ca find) to get the Reading Pane. Under Views|Reading pane the choices (right/bottom/off) are grayed out. If it right click and select other settings I can pick the right or bottom radio button but when I hit OK it does to change the view. Help. Thanks That's by design. No reading pane in the Drafts folder. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm &quo...

Preview Pane
Outlook 2003 Client has MANY folders under In Box All the many folders open with preview pane showing She wants all of them to have preview pane OFF I couldn't find where to shut them off globally - can I shut them off globally or need I do it one by one? thank you. Start Outlook one time with the /nopreviewpane switch. Use F1 help to see how to use command line switches. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching,...

Reducing File Size???
I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing but one is double the other. It appears to me that the more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the file. how can I remove this redundant memory space? Cheers Jio, You probably have formatted or otherwise used some rows below or columns to the right of your data. On the bloated workbook, select the sheets individually and press Ctrl + End. If the last row and column is well below where you think it should be, you'll need to delete the empty rows and columns. Check here for an example of how to do this both manua...

Font size in reading messages
I am using Windows 7 Home Edition and Windows Live Mail 2009. I have two problems. 1. In the View menu the text size and encoding are greyed out. How can I enable them? 2. Some (not all) of the messages I read have got a very tiny font Times New Roman which I am unable to read. I went into Tools>Options>Read>Fonts> Font setting is Western European Size is Larger What settings should I do that all messages I read have the same large font, preferably a round font like Tahoma. Thank you -- MS 1) View, Text Size will be grayed out when you've set T...

OPC server & MFC
Is there and can anyone point me to some references addressing an OPC server with the handy ODBC classes of MFC? Or am I wishing for too much? Ron H. -- This eMail has been scanned by Norton� 360 and found to be virus free! On Jun 29, 2:11=A0am, "Ron H" <rnha...@nospam.net> wrote: > Is there and can anyone point me to some references addressing an OPC ser= ver > with the handy ODBC classes of MFC? Or am I wishing for too much? > No takers? Ok, I'll give it a shot, but I might be mostly talking out of my backside... What exactly do yo...

Folder missing in personal folders
Hi I am using outlook 2007 and I have a folder containing emails in the personal folders section. I think by accident I have dragged the folder somewhere! I have looked in deleted items, drafts, inbox, infected items, junk email, outlook, sent items and the folder is not there. Could you please give me advice on how to find it. Thank you Switch to folder list view and browse the list - do you see the missing folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ O...

Cannot view public folders from outlook or edit client permissions from ESM
Suddenly today no one could access the public folders. I have rebooted the exchange 2003 server but still no one can connect. I can see the contents using exchange system manager and the contents tab but i cannot access them using outlook. I also get an error msg when trying to edit client permissions. I can also see the public folders using http://enterprise/public but not by logging in usually to OWA and selecting public folders. I have ran eseutil and isinteg, both appeared to have no errors. Users can send and receive email fine and can also email the public folders fine and receive m...

Outlook Express 6 The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets
In Outlook Express 6 I have many Identities setup. I have thousands of e-mails dating back years. The space consumed by all these e-mails is over 2GB Quite a lot of space. I decided to delete a lot of unwanted e-mails and clutter to reduce the amount of space consumed. But to my my surprise instead of solving the issue it made the overall size consumed bigger and not small. It is seems that in Outlook Express 6 the e-mails have gone but in reality the files are still in the Outlook Express 6 folders. Can anybody help me with this. The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders ...

Sharing Personal folders (.pst) across Windows installations in Outlook2000
Since I have Win98SE, Win 2000 and Win XP all installed I thought I could use Outlook2000 as a common mail client across the systems, but Outlook creates a personal folder file on C:\ in each system where it has been installed, and refuses to close it in favor of my own common personal folder on a common FAT32 partition, so it seems I'll have to install Eudora or some other independent foreign mail software in order to be able to access my mail from all the 3 windows systems, or does anybody here know how to get rid of the default Outlook pst. folders on c:\ in all 3 systems and sw...

Permissions Corruption on a Public Folder
Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003 We're seeing consistent "corruption" of permissions a public folder. The public folder has permission blown wide open (default is "owner"). Everything is fine for a few days, then suddenly no one can add anything. They get: "The item could not save. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permissions..." etc. The folder hasn't been deleted or moved, and permissions haven't been touched -- they're still wide open. I fixed this once by creating a new folder and programatically ...

Send to mail recipient on terminal server
I am having an issue with trying to get send to mail recipient (pdf) working on a terminal server. I also have clients accessing GP 9.0 from workstations on the network. These are working fine. Are there any solutions for enabling the send to pdf for users accessing GP via terminal services. Adobe or other products? Adobe Acrobat is the only product that will activate that option. Is Adobe Acrobat installed on the Terminal Server? -- Charles Allen, MVP "John Schrock" wrote: > I am having an issue with trying to get send to mail recipient (pdf) working > on a termina...

Public Folder access problem
Hi, we're running Outlook 2000 on EXC 2000 Server (both with latest SP's and patches) and we're having the following problem with one of our users: A user has "Publishing Editor" rights on a specific Public Folder. When she tries to access the PF with Outlook, she can't access it, because Outlook says, that she does not have apropriate permission on the folder. When she tries to access the folder with Outlook Web Access, she can access the folder without any problems. When she tries to copy the PF to her Favorites in OL2000, she can access the folder with no problems...

How can I size merged cells to fit the needed rows of text?
I've got data that can contain a long text string for one field. I currently merge 6 cells across and set the rowheight to 6 times the normal row height, and enable text wrapping. Sometimes this is too much space, other times it's not enough. Fonts unfortunately don't space characters uniformly, so I can't do it based on text length. Is there a way to do this based on how many breaks Excel puts in when wrapping text, or another method? You can Autofit rows with merged cells only by using VBA. One of the many drawbacks to using merged cells. If you want to ...

Migration SBS '03
SBS 2K3 R2 premium 30 users (heavy sql) swinging to SBS '08 Premium Second server for SQL and TS will be Dell 2950 2 years old re-purposed from a recently acquired company 2 x (Dual Core) XEON CPU Raid (6 * SCSI new drives) lots of room for ram 64 GB max. They are looking forward to eliminating the bottleneck on sql due to 4GB ram on SBS '03. Would I be better advised to use 2 x Virtual Server (1 SQL / 1 TS) setup or let them both exist "normally". Sql has heavy heavy use (4 active DB's part of wholesale distribution company with 50,000 sku's and 100'...