Folder client permission problems

Hi,
  I have an interesting problem regarding folder permission on a Public
Folder. There is a folder under All Public Folders that when bringing up the
properties, through Outlook, and going to the Summary tab the person is a
Reviewer. But in ESM going to the properties of this folder and view Client
Permissions on the Permissions tab shows the person being an Owner, which I
want.All folder copies are in Sync. How can I get Outlook 2003 to get the
correct client permissions for this folder, or is it within Exchange?

Regards,
Andrew

Are you sure that Oulook is looking at the same replica that Exchange System
Manager is?  As to the "in sync", I've not found this indicator to be
terribly useful or accurate.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"A.Buttigieg" <Andrew-dot-Buttigieg.at.hse-dot-fi> wrote in message
> Hi,
>  I have an interesting problem regarding folder permission on a Public
> Folder. There is a folder under All Public Folders that when bringing up
> the properties, through Outlook, and going to the Summary tab the person
> is a Reviewer. But in ESM going to the properties of this folder and view
> Client Permissions on the Permissions tab shows the person being an Owner,
> which I want.All folder copies are in Sync. How can I get Outlook 2003 to
> get the correct client permissions for this folder, or is it within
> Exchange?
>
> Regards,
> Andrew

0
curspice6401 (3487)
10/2/2006 8:53:52 PM
Seems this is not an actual problem but can be misleading. An end user does
not get to see all type of roles others but is limited to being told
something else. So an owner could show up as a reviewer to the end user. I
am not sure if this is some kind of security feature.....

- Andrew

"A.Buttigieg" <Andrew-dot-Buttigieg.at.hse-dot-fi> wrote in message
> Hi,
>  I have an interesting problem regarding folder permission on a Public
> Folder. There is a folder under All Public Folders that when bringing up
> the properties, through Outlook, and going to the Summary tab the person
> is a Reviewer. But in ESM going to the properties of this folder and view
> Client Permissions on the Permissions tab shows the person being an Owner,
> which I want.All folder copies are in Sync. How can I get Outlook 2003 to
> get the correct client permissions for this folder, or is it within
> Exchange?
>
> Regards,
> Andrew

Actually there aren't any "roles" at all in the permissions actually
assigned to the folders.  What's actually assigned is a set of bits that
represent the rights underneath the selected role, such as Read Items and
Delete Items, and the client figures out what the role is based on the
collection of rights.  If the client can't make the rights into a role, it
shows "Custom".  Having said that, I'm not really sure what it is you're
seeing, but I'll be happy to try to help you further diagnose it if you will
provide more detail of what you're seeing.
--

> Seems this is not an actual problem but can be misleading. An end user
> does not get to see all type of roles others but is limited to being told
> something else. So an owner could show up as a reviewer to the end user. I
> am not sure if this is some kind of security feature.....
>
> - Andrew
>
> "A.Buttigieg" <Andrew-dot-Buttigieg.at.hse-dot-fi> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>  I have an interesting problem regarding folder permission on a Public
>> Folder. There is a folder under All Public Folders that when bringing up
>> the properties, through Outlook, and going to the Summary tab the person
>> is a Reviewer. But in ESM going to the properties of this folder and view
>> Client Permissions on the Permissions tab shows the person being an
>> Owner, which I want.All folder copies are in Sync. How can I get Outlook
>> 2003 to get the correct client permissions for this folder, or is it
>> within Exchange?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andrew

0
curspice6401 (3487)

WAMU Download Problems
This past week, everytime I download transactions from Washington Mutual to Money 2004, it says the file is corrupt. I have been on the phone with WAMU and MS, and both state to contact the other group. Any suggestions, outside of MS' recommendation of "reinstall the app"? Try the Super Salvage Utility. That will fix any corruption in your money file. If the problem is in the OFX file downloaded from your FI, then the FI should step up to the plate and address it. Tell the FI Microsoft supplies tools to test OFX Files, and you think they need to do that, refer them ...

Problem migrating Money 2000 to 2004
Hi, I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new version. But eveytime I try I receice a error that I cannot access to the database. What am I doing wrong? Can some help me? I would like to evolve to the new version. Thanks in advance for all the help. Cheers Miguel Rodrigues In microsoft.public.money, Miguel Rodrigues wrote: > >I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like >to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new >version. > >But eveytime I try I receice a erro...

Problem Synchronising with Hotmail Account
This is the error message that I had been receiving:- Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' It was a random problem initially, but now I can't seems to sync at all. Please help. ...

Hyperlink to folder on Save
Hi I'm losing the link to my folder when I save my worksheet having set it up a hyperlink. I've tried switiching off 'update links on Save' in the Web Options which seems to work OK but when anyone else opens the file form another network PC, the link is lost again when they save the document. Is there anyway I can lock the hyperlink down so the address doesn't get aleter when its saved on other network PCs? Try using the HYPERLINK() function instead =HYPERLINK("file:////c:\filename.xls","Book1") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "F...

operater= overload problem
Hi, all. I've overloaded the assignment operator for use with a class. The assignment of the class, itself, works fine (i.e., TypeX = TypeX), but when I try to allow another useful version, it compiles without error (in a library), but when I attempt to use it, I get an error that no such assignment method exists. CODE: Declarations: // This class is almost 100% data, except for the constructor, which // initializes the data to 0, and the operator overloads. The data // is a union of an unsigned int and 1-bit 'flags'. CAccessPrivilage& operator=(CAccessPrivilage &)...

PST IMport problem
I am having problems importing data from a pst backup file. I have successfully imported outlook folders from it recently, however when I attempt to import more now, the files are not coming into my current tree, but a new personal folder is created with nothing in it. The PST file in question has a filesize of over 600Mb ! Any Help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! For starters, importing and exporting are not recommended for PST files. You've demonstrated one of the reasons. Just open the file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <neil@energycell.co.uk> wrote in message news...

like * problem
Hi all, Followed some leads on here to filter names in a query, based on the value of a text box on a form, but the query returns all records regardless! Here's the code: Like "*" & ([forms]![frmcallcontacts]![text80]) & "*" Can't work out why everyone on here says it should work, and it don't! Searching for say SMITH within 500 records of full names, and I know there's five instances in five separate records. Any help apprciated Pete Just a random thought: are you certain that text80 actually contains any data at the momen...

smtp anonymous problem
my exchange server is Exchange 2000, I found a strange problem ,when I use outlook express for mail client, I can sent email by any of username in my domain,even if I don't know the password of the username, it means, I can sent email anomymously . I think it is not safe ,maybe some day one of my colleague could send email with my boss's usernme to tell the whole company have a week's holiday,how terrible it is. who can help me to fix the problem? SMTP sux doesnt it? <g> 1. Your mailer should be configured to only accept SMTP connections from your gateways/relays or fr...

Relay Problems #2
Hello Everyone, I have setup quite a few Exchange servers in my life, but the things that has now happened to me, is quite strange. I have a SBS 2003RC2 server running here, which keeps on relaying messages! I checked the relay, authenication, etc. settings. They're all like they have to be. I checked for virusses and spyware, no luck at all... In the meantime, I had to block port 25 to stop messages sending out. I put on the logging to the highest level, but it looke like they do not use any account to logon to the smtp server, which means it is an open relay. Quite strange with ...

A2007 problem on Vista multiuser DB
Hi, I have a A2007 application (ported from A97) running on Vista and Office 2007 Pro. I use two computers in a LAN. The application itself is devided into two DBs (program and data). I have installed the program-DB on both machines and the data-DB on one (server) of them. The same configuration worked well on the former systems (XP pro and A97). Now there come up the following symptoms: Starting the application on the server workes fine. But when starting the application on the client (when on the server its still open (and at least one data bounded form is open) I cannot open any databo...

Badmail folder filling up
Anyone know how to correctly delete files from the badmail folder. It is filling up and will eventually use up all my disk space. Also, is there any way to move this folder to a different drive. I don't want this folder filling up and crashing my server. Thanks! Stop SMTP Services and recreate the VS1 folder with all its content. Then start the services again. BUT, you may having a realy or virus problem, so if you move the folder to a bigger disk, you will still have the problem. Look forward and see if you are infected or your sistem is ised to mail relay. >-----Origina...

Userenv errors 1058 and 1030 on clients
Hello, I'm bursting my head with this already. Clients complaint that their logon 50% of the tiimes don't sync (using redirected folders). If they cancel the sync, or either logon without lan, and after that plug in and sync manually, it goes ok. It just doesn't happen most of the times at logon and logoff times. On the server side I have no events on this. On the client side I have plenty, all stating that: "Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO cn={6C5E2B58-133A-4744-8CDD-89D66A73793F},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=iasopor,DC=local. The file must ...

Problems XSLT Transformation of XML Data to EXCEL 2000
Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels version is in Office 2000 and also its works fine if the Office Excel Version 2002 and up when attachment file is open via browser the data is in a single line of string in the first row of the excel worksheet Glenn Gomez wrote: > Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am > having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels > version is in Office 2000 > >...

New shared mailbox not inheriting permissions from the parent store in Exchange System Manager
We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 cluster, which we migrated a couple of months ago from Exchange and Windows 2000. One of our helpdesk guys has just created a shared mailbox, and has noticed that it is not inheriting any of the security permissions that are applied to its parent mail store, and which are common to all the existing mailboxes within that store. I checked on the AD objects security properties, and it is set to inherit rights from its parent, so I don't know why this could be. In fact it is not inheriting any permissions at all - either from its AD parent or from its par...

try catch problem
Yesterday I posted the following, but I didn't supply the code. Here is the problem and the code follows. Thanks in advance for all I use try catch mechanism and notice (in the debugger) that whenever the control arrives to the catch section, I get an access violation (error 0xC0000005)even though it skips this section immediately. I pass compilation without any problems and the program runs fine but crashes every few hours. the relevant code // mfc_concol.cpp : Defines the class behaviors for the application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include "mfc_concol.h" #in...

Exchange client alternative ?
I have an exchange server with about 100 users. I have three computers where I want that about 40-60 people should have access to checking their mail WITHOUT logging off/on. I want that there should be one username to the computer and some other authentication at the email client side. I was thinking of using Outlook Express & implementing identities. I'd like to know if anyone has some other ideas. Thanks Peretz Stern Hi Peretz, You could use Outlook Express with different identities or you could use Outlook 2000 or above with a seperate profile for each user. You could go ...

Role Home Page Security Problem!
The new role home pages in GP9 are more of a problem than a help. Now, our data entry employees have the ability to see profits, etc. by simply changing their role. Is there a way to lock this down so that the user has no ability to change roles or even have a "home page"? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon: Simply turn off security to the "Customize Home Page" window for that user and assign them a blank home page if you do not want them to see and financial information as w...

Unable to display the folder. The inbox folder could not be found
I'm new to Exchange. I'm setting up a very small exchange system at home (MSDN), in order to learn a little about it before making the decision to move to it in the office or not. My home server is acting as both a PDC and Exchange Server. All appears to be fine, and I can access my exchange account, while my other half can access her exchange account. However, although I've given myself access to my other-half's inbox (sharing, given my user "Publishing Editor" access to her inbox), when I attempt to open her inbox from Outlook, I receive the message "Unable...

Problem: CRM over Cisco WebVPN
Has anyone used Cisco's (3005) WebVPPN with MBS CRM. Other Apps work fine put CRM wont. Errors with "Method Not Allowed", or "Not Authorized" even before a login prompt. What could we look for? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM check to make sure ports arent beign blocked. I think my client is using this system for vpn without issue -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Darryl Henderson" <DarrylHenderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE72D066-D704-4338-8D85-E6A7DD0648AB@m...

Problems with invoice..VBA
I have an invoice template in which I have added a code that increases the invoice number by 1 every time it is opened.. however the invoice has to be overwritten for this to work (or the template) I am new to all this and am struggling to find out what the heck I am doing here lol. I have also inserted a code to empty the contents of the previously filled in information on the invoice so that it is ready to be filled out again.. HOWEVER.. this means that even tho I use Save as and save the invoice as something else when I open that copy .. everything is reset and the invoice number is increm...

problem generating xml style in asp.net

Frustrated with permissions in Win 7
Hi all, I just newly upgraded to win7 and I am having a lot of frustration with my permissions. I am the only user of my laptop. I have only my own account with administrator privileges. Why can't I drag and drop items within the start menu? As I drag, a red circle with the line through it follows my drag and doesn't allow it to happen even though I have drag and drop enabled in the start menu properties. Why can't I access the start menu folder within windows explorer? There is a padlock on the folder (as well as on many, many others) and access is denied ever...

Problem with CTooltipCtrl in CScrollView
I am trying to display a tooltip within a CScrollView derived window. Here is the summary of the code: class CMyView : public CScrollView { .... private: CToolTipCtrl m_toolTip; } void CMyView::OnInitialUpdate() { // Other initialization ... if (!m_toolTip.Create(this, TTF_ALWAYSTIP)) { // Failed to create tool tip control ASSERT(FALSE); } EnableToolTips(TRUE); m_toolTip.Activate(TRUE); m_toolTip.AddTool(this, LPSTR_TEXTCALLBACK); } BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP() .... ON_NOTIFY_EX(TTN_NEEDTEXT, 0, OnToolTipNotify) .... END_MESSAGE_MAP() BOOL CMyVie...

Outlook 2003 Forms Problem
Whenever I try to open or design a form, Outlook keeps asking me to open another data file. It appears as if it thinks the default library is in another (older) data file. I have tried clearing the forms cache, renaming frmcache.dat, etc. Nothing works. Can anyone help? Thanks. What is the exact text of the error message?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jump...

Insert photo Problem
Hi all, I am wondering how to insert any photo into a merged cell of fixed size such that the photo will always fit in the cell. Do I need to write some code to achieve this? Is this possible? Thank you in advance, Derek Manually, you can hold the alt-key down when you resize/move the picture. It'll snap-to the edge of the cell. In a macro, you could do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myPict As Picture With ActiveSheet.Range("c1") Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\mypict.bmp") myPict.Top = .Top myPi...