Folder appears to not be there but it still shows it is present

------=_NextPart_000_07B3_01C688BC.561677A0

Hi

Anybody know why I'm seeing the following error?

E:\SOFTWARE refers to a location that is unavailable.  It could be on a =
hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that =
the disk is properly insterd, or...

This error pops up after I click on the folder "software" on my E drive. =
 I see it on the drive.  Nobody's deleted, done anything to it.  It drew =
my attention because my BackupExec sent me warnings about not being able =
to backup a folder that is no longer there and yet i see it!!!

What's going on here?

R Green
------=_NextPart_000_07B3_01C688BC.561677A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anybody know why I'm seeing the =
following=20
error?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>E:\SOFTWARE refers to a location that =
is=20
unavailable.&nbsp; It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a =

network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly insterd,=20
or...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This error pops up after I click on the =
folder=20
"software" on my E drive.&nbsp; I see it on the drive.&nbsp; Nobody's =
deleted,=20
done anything to it.&nbsp; It drew my attention because my BackupExec =
sent me=20
warnings about not being able to backup a folder that is no longer there =
and yet=20
i see it!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What's going on here?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>R Green</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_07B3_01C688BC.561677A0--

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C688D7.8B3A0760

This would not appear to be an Exchange server issue. Try Windows Admin.

Nue
  "R Green" <[news]@wowsat.com> wrote in message =
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This would not appear to be an Exchange =
server=20
issue. Try Windows Admin.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nue</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"R Green" &lt;[news]@wowsat.com&gt; wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:1289fc790nfo428@corp.supernews.com">news:1289fc790nfo428@cor=
p.supernews.com</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anybody know why I'm seeing the =
following=20
  error?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>E:\SOFTWARE refers to a location that =
is=20
  unavailable.&nbsp; It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on =
a=20
  network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly insterd,=20
  or...</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This error pops up after I click on =
the folder=20
  "software" on my E drive.&nbsp; I see it on the drive.&nbsp; Nobody's =
deleted,=20
  done anything to it.&nbsp; It drew my attention because my BackupExec =
sent me=20
  warnings about not being able to backup a folder that is no longer =
there and=20
  yet i see it!!!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What's going on here?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>R =
Green</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C688D7.8B3A0760--

0
imaneophyte (3005)

Managed Folders
Hi there, Can someone confirm whether I can create sub folders in my Managed Folders? I know the user can create subfolders at the client side, but can I do the same thing at the server end? And will these sub folders have a seperate email address rule to the parent sub folder? I'm using Managed folders to copy data into Sharepoint. Thanks ...

Public Folders #15
Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in Exchange 2003? I do not believe you can. On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:36:14 -0700, "NIC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in >Exchange 2003? ...

Views on multiple folders
In Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server. Hi, We’re dealing with a medium-high amount of folders in some shared mailboxes. I’d like to create two extra views for my co-workers for each folder. The two views are independent of the folder so i just have to navigate through the folder tree and creating the new views and make it public for the folder. My question is: .. where are really these views stored?? I guess on the server so I'm asking myself about the consequences in tearms of memory or performance of each user modyfing each view eventually on each folder. The serve...

Same Folder View for all in Public Folders
How do I set a public folder so that it displays a threaded conversation for all users. I have customize the view to sort by convo, but that just shows for me, not the others? Outlook2000, Exchange 2000 ...

Windows Explorer shuts down when I try to open folder on my desktop
Windows Explorer shuts down and restarts when I attempt to open what I will refer to as my main folder on my desk top. Problem Reports and solutions from first instance. Product Windows Explorer Problem Stopped responding and was closed Date 11/08/2009 4:05 PM Status Report Sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Problem signature Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005 Application Timestamp: 49e01da5 Hang Signature: d14f Hang Type: 0 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0....

Public folder Replication Status not updating.
Since the 18/05/06 I have been having issues with my public folder replication. The changes are being replicated between our servers which are all connected by a central exchange hub. I've followed article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842273 to try to isolate the problem. I have enabled logging on 3 servers including the hub to make sure they messages are being sent\received and they are confirmed as being received by each mail store. Although this is the case for some reason the replication status is not updating and for each server excluding the one that I am connect to via exchang...

Excel Save As getting "folder is read only" error.
I'm getting a "folder is read only" error when trying to use "save as" to save a file. I can use save as from another computer, logged in to the network the same without the error. The machine getting the error can copy and paste files to the folders without error, just happens when using the "save as" from the file menu. Is there someplace to change folder attributes that only office 2003 is using? OK, I've figured this one out myself. When using a Novell server and Office 2003, it would seem that it is necessary to use Novel Client 4.83 sp...

Replacing Inbox folder ?
Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all existing messages to the new one. All other folders, even sub folders of Inbox work normal so that only this one folder needs to be replaced if that can be done. Anyone know how? "Marko" <dkvolb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uuZq3QpkJHA.6060@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I > now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all > ...

Show me how to use the forum
:confused: Need to know how to use this forum. Had to look around to find this, and I think my question I post it in private message it wasnot suppose to be there or was it. Please let me know. Now If its here i need to ask: I have a formula which i do not understand? PMT(D412,E4,-C4) I know is payment but what does it mean, what will do this formula what is it looking for???? -- skybird23 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skybird23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28898 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Restored Information Store, mailboxes show up, but cant access the
I had a crash on my Win2k SP4 Server running Exch2k SP3. I rebuilt the server fine, Exch2k installed ok. The NT BACKUP restoration process hasnt been nearly as fun and exciting though... After messing with it and getting the backed up databases to actually restore, I can see that all the mailboxes are in the 'First Storage Group' (default, and all naming is the same as the old server) and seems to be intact in regards to the sizes and item counts. Problem is, when I try to access them in Outlook, I dont see anything and another instance of the mailbox appears in the First Storage Grou...

2003
When I look at the draft folder there is no way (I ca find) to get the Reading Pane. Under Views|Reading pane the choices (right/bottom/off) are grayed out. If it right click and select other settings I can pick the right or bottom radio button but when I hit OK it does to change the view. Help. Thanks That's by design. No reading pane in the Drafts folder. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm &quo...

Preview Pane
Outlook 2003 Client has MANY folders under In Box All the many folders open with preview pane showing She wants all of them to have preview pane OFF I couldn't find where to shut them off globally - can I shut them off globally or need I do it one by one? thank you. Start Outlook one time with the /nopreviewpane switch. Use F1 help to see how to use command line switches. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching,...

Folder missing in personal folders
Hi I am using outlook 2007 and I have a folder containing emails in the personal folders section. I think by accident I have dragged the folder somewhere! I have looked in deleted items, drafts, inbox, infected items, junk email, outlook, sent items and the folder is not there. Could you please give me advice on how to find it. Thank you Switch to folder list view and browse the list - do you see the missing folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ O...

Cannot view public folders from outlook or edit client permissions from ESM
Suddenly today no one could access the public folders. I have rebooted the exchange 2003 server but still no one can connect. I can see the contents using exchange system manager and the contents tab but i cannot access them using outlook. I also get an error msg when trying to edit client permissions. I can also see the public folders using http://enterprise/public but not by logging in usually to OWA and selecting public folders. I have ran eseutil and isinteg, both appeared to have no errors. Users can send and receive email fine and can also email the public folders fine and receive m...

Outlook Express 6 The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets
In Outlook Express 6 I have many Identities setup. I have thousands of e-mails dating back years. The space consumed by all these e-mails is over 2GB Quite a lot of space. I decided to delete a lot of unwanted e-mails and clutter to reduce the amount of space consumed. But to my my surprise instead of solving the issue it made the overall size consumed bigger and not small. It is seems that in Outlook Express 6 the e-mails have gone but in reality the files are still in the Outlook Express 6 folders. Can anybody help me with this. The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders ...

Sharing Personal folders (.pst) across Windows installations in Outlook2000
Since I have Win98SE, Win 2000 and Win XP all installed I thought I could use Outlook2000 as a common mail client across the systems, but Outlook creates a personal folder file on C:\ in each system where it has been installed, and refuses to close it in favor of my own common personal folder on a common FAT32 partition, so it seems I'll have to install Eudora or some other independent foreign mail software in order to be able to access my mail from all the 3 windows systems, or does anybody here know how to get rid of the default Outlook pst. folders on c:\ in all 3 systems and sw...

Permissions Corruption on a Public Folder
Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003 We're seeing consistent "corruption" of permissions a public folder. The public folder has permission blown wide open (default is "owner"). Everything is fine for a few days, then suddenly no one can add anything. They get: "The item could not save. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permissions..." etc. The folder hasn't been deleted or moved, and permissions haven't been touched -- they're still wide open. I fixed this once by creating a new folder and programatically ...

Public Folder access problem
Hi, we're running Outlook 2000 on EXC 2000 Server (both with latest SP's and patches) and we're having the following problem with one of our users: A user has "Publishing Editor" rights on a specific Public Folder. When she tries to access the PF with Outlook, she can't access it, because Outlook says, that she does not have apropriate permission on the folder. When she tries to access the folder with Outlook Web Access, she can access the folder without any problems. When she tries to copy the PF to her Favorites in OL2000, she can access the folder with no problems...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Too Many Personal Folders
I move my outlook.pst file back and forth, by "import" between my home and laptop computers. I do not import duplicate entries. Somewhere in this process I have "acquired" several new Personal Folders. In the folder list there are four of them. The active data appears in the second one, counting from the top and the third and fourth seem to be duplicates. How do I safely reduce all my data to just one Personal Folder, and how do I prevent this growth in the future. TIA, Dave Harding in PA. Dave Harding <davejean1@comcast.net> wrote: > I move my outlook.pst...

where does Pictures Folder Go?
I was cleaning up my hard drive, removing photos etc when I accidentally removed the Vista Pictures folder that is accessed through the Vista Side Menu under the start button. I still have that folder since I copied it to a Photo card. Can you tell me what where to put it back in the Explore files? -- @nna "anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message news:3B973E5F-A961-4638-8712-317D080379EB@microsoft.com... > I was cleaning up my hard drive, removing photos etc when I accidentally removed the Vista > Pictures folder that is accessed through t...

Junk Mail Folder message retention
Hi, How long to the messages marked as "Junk" stay in the "Junk Mail" folder after they are placed in there? I can't seem to find any settings to change the message retention time. Thanks They stay there until you or possibly auto-archiving get rid of them. You can configure auto-archiving to delete the messages after a certain period of time <peter.stefanske@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131373315.864962.299470@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How long to the messages marked as "Junk" stay in the "Junk Mail" > ...

Display selected folder.
Hi, I'm creating a dialog box for user to choose a folder. I'm using the SHGetSpecialFolderLocation and other related functions. I would like to know how to select a default folder when the dialog box is called, so that the user doesn't need to go through the whole directory tree to find a particular folder. Thanks, Leo > I'm creating a dialog box for user to choose a folder. I'm using the >SHGetSpecialFolderLocation and other related functions. I would like to >know how to select a default folder when the dialog box is called, so that >the user d...

Contact information does not appear in the address book
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate. The contact information doesn't appear in my Outlook address book. So I followed instructions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287563. However, when I try to perform these steps: Step 2: Mark your contact folder for use with your address book 1. On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Properties for your folder name. 2. On the Outlook Address Book tab, click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail address book check box, type a descriptive name, and then click OK. I cannot do this, because the ch...

Net Folders #3
I am trying to share folders from Outlook 2000 running on W98SE with Outlook 2002 running on XP. Both programs originated from loading Microsoft Office. Outlook 2000 has Net Folders to facilitate sharing. I can find nothing on the 2002 version that equates to the Net Folder. Am I missing something, or is my only option to map a network drive to share information from the 2000 version? NetFolders was removed from OL2002 and above since they weren't reliable for all users. "Jenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bcf01c398ab$ea48e060$a6012...