Find Empty Distribution Lists

Hi,
How can export to a file a list of all Distribution Lists that have no
members?
Thanks.
0
markj (32)

You can use CSVDE to dump these to a CSV file.

csvde -f emptyDistributionLists.csv -d "dc=my-domain-name,dc=com" -r
"(&(objectClass=group)(|(groupType=2)(groupType=4)(groupType=8))(!member=*))"
 -l name

*replace dc=my-domain-name,dc=com with your domain name and extension.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"markj" <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> How can export to a file a list of all Distribution Lists that have no
> members?
> Thanks.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
11/9/2006 4:43:34 PM
Thanks

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> You can use CSVDE to dump these to a CSV file.
>
> csvde -f emptyDistributionLists.csv -d "dc=my-domain-name,dc=com" -r
> "(&(objectClass=group)(|(groupType=2)(groupType=4)(groupType=8))(!member=*))"
>  -l name
>
> *replace dc=my-domain-name,dc=com with your domain name and extension.
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "markj" <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > How can export to a file a list of all Distribution Lists that have no
> > members?
> > Thanks.

0
markj (32)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Distribution List #23
I need to copy a distribution list from one users Outlook 2000 to another. I don't want to copy the entire Contact list, just one distribution list. Thanks -- Jerry Not sure what kind of e-mail account type you are working with, but try creating a new PST and then copy the personal distribution list that is in the primary contact folder to the new PST. Close the new PST and then e-mail that to the other user. /neo ps - if both users are in the same microsoft exchange site, you don't have to use a PST. you can attach the personal distribution list from the contact folde...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Code Line to Empty Clipboard
Temporary memory loss: There is a single line of code that will empty/clear the content of the Clipboard. Entering the statement = False performs. what is it? ???????? = FALSE Tks in advance,, Application.CutCopyMode = False -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JMay" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:tXwLb.70607$hf1.60972@lakeread06... > Temporary memory loss: > There is a single line of code that will empty/clear the content of the > Clipboard. > Entering the stateme...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Check if a row is empty
I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? On Jun 17, 2:42=A0pm, sChapman <sumant...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty > when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a > function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? select * from tables where col1 is null and col2 is null and col3 is null..... so on Amish Shah http://shahamishm.blogspot.com Pe...

Distributed Processes box is grayed out
I'm trying to set my User Preferences to make use of a process server, however, the radiobuttons in the Distributed Processes box are grayed out. I'm Poweruser and the process server is set in DPS setup. Is there any product/module that I need to install or register? Thanks, Hector ...

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

Lost Recent Documents List
Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix this? SeattleMike56 wrote: > Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office > applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix > this? You haven't said the version of your Office but assuming you are using Office 2007, then open Word 2007 and try this: 1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options. 2. Click ...

List Validation
I was wondering if there was anyway you can have a drop down list in one workbook that comes from a different workbook. Example: I have a workbook saved with a list of names and I want to have that list of names come up in a form that I have saved in another workbook. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html note that the other workbook needs to be open -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Renee" <...

cannot find database

Limits in 'All Address Lists'?
Hi all! I try to rebuild a large number (~2000) of Ex5.5 recipient-containers in the E2k3 'all address lists' container. The LDAP filter for each address list is set on to the EX5.5 attribute 'obj-view-containers' (transferred to 'extension-Attribute-14' by ADC). I recognized that the AD-user attribute 'ShowInAddressBook' is a multi-valued field, with a limitation of around 800 entries (RUS won't work with more entries). This doesn't matter, because a recipient belongs only to 1 address list in most cases. Meanwhile I created about 1200 address lists...

How do I create a comparison chart from a data list?
I want to create a bar chart. On the left is a list of services. Each bar represents a company. Each company will be shown in the chart to offer services up to a certain point, so the bars will get increasingly longer until you get to the bar for my company which shows the longest bar because it offers the most services. Any idea how to structure my data to get this type of chart? -comic guy I don't know if this will work for you? Just a suggestion +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Services.zip ...

Outlook Mail: creating a quick mail list?
In my previous version of Outlook, I somehow created a new button for my "Mail" section that contained the 4 or 5 most frequently used e-mail addresses. When I wanted to e-mail one of these people, all I had to do was click on the drop-down menu and then click on the specific person, which then created a new untitled message form addressed to that person. Unfortunately, I lost this when I upgraded to 2003! Does anyone know how I can create the same again? Jay It is discussed in my guide which you can find here; http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/customizetoolbar.htm -- Roady ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

How to reduce the number of shortcuts/links in the recent documents list?
When I look into the folder: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\recent then there are currently approx 20 recent documents listed. How can I permanently reduce the number or even disable this list? Cindy Cindy Parker wrote: > When I look into the folder: > > C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\recent > > then there are currently approx 20 recent documents listed. > > How can I permanently reduce the number or even disable this list? > > Cindy > Right click on the Start button and choose Properties --> Customize ...

Can't empty trash
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I copied some photos of myself (taken by a newspaper) from a PC to my iMac OS10.6. Then I tried to delete them, and eventually got rid of them one by one. But the empty folder is parked stubbornly in the trash can, and I get the message 'Photos Pat still in use' -- which they are not. I went to the info section, and nothing is ticked there that should prevent deletion. Annoying the hell out of me, because I like to be tidy. Can anybody help? Please. Pat On 1/10/10 5:01 AM, Patrick_Hu...

using new List<String>();
Hello, I wonder do I create a memory leak by using private void myFunc() { List<String> joblist = new List<string>(); // ... add a alot of string into the joblist } and then call myFunc "repeatedly" from the main program It feels like I should return the memory somehow, but how? // Anders -- English is not my first language so any error, insults or strangeness has happend during the translation. Please correct my English so that I may become better at it! On 5/26/2010 11:02, Anders Eriksson wrote: > Hello, > > I wonder do I crea...

List box (and queries) not sorting dates or showing correct headers
G'day all, I have inherited a system with a search function screen that is acting weird. There are actually two search screens, both constructed in a similar fashion, but the first does what it is supposed to do and the second is misbehaving. The form has a bunch of unbound controls allowing the user to enter search criteria. The only mandatory criteria is the sort order, which is set from a combo box. The data source for the combo box is a table, sys_GAPSSortBy, which contains a list of query names and a user- friendly label for use by the combo box. When the user clicks the "Searc...