Filtering messages from mydomain.com to mydomain.com if the originator's IP doesn't match my IP block

Can I do that in Exchange 2000/2003 and, if so - how?

Thanks!

0
fritz8172 (86)

You can do it on exchange 2003, by enabling sender id.

see  http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_sender_id_in_exchange_sp2.htm

"Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message
> Can I do that in Exchange 2000/2003 and, if so - how?
>
> Thanks!

0
tfelts (292)
1/26/2006 6:19:24 AM
After Uninstalling/Reinstalling IMF, the Sender ID tab is missing from the
global message delivery options in ESM.  How do I get it back?

Thanks!

"Tom Felts" <tfelts@nospam.mckennalong.com> wrote in message
> You can do it on exchange 2003, by enabling sender id.
>
> see  http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_sender_id_in_exchange_sp2.htm
>

> "Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message
>> Can I do that in Exchange 2000/2003 and, if so - how?
>>
>> Thanks!

0
fritz8172 (86)

need help replying to multiple email messages
I sell things on the internet, and when I receive say 5 emails for prospective buyers, I would like to be able to highlight all five of those and repsond to all of them at the same time instead of having to cut and paste five addresses individually. this has to be possible - anybody know how to do it? ...

InitInstance gives a "Failed to create empty document" message
Hi, I have an MFC application that was working, and I'm not sure what I changed, but now in my InitInstance(), I get the above mentioned error message, in the line: if (!ProcessShellCommand(cmdInfo)) return FALSE; And my program bombs out with the return FALSE; line. After stepping into the functions, I find that it returns FALSE in the following code segment in ProcessShellCommand()" case CCommandLineInfo::FileNew: if (!AfxGetApp()->OnCmdMsg(ID_FILE_NEW, 0, NULL, NULL)) OnFileNew(); if (m_pMainWnd == NULL) bResult = FALSE; break; OnFileNe...

Error Message ...
I have emails that are sitting in the Outbox and will not be sent, this is the message that come on my screen as a pop-up: Message could not be displayed Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again. It will not let me delete or move the email. What do I need to do to correct this? Try posting this in Windows Mail news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Windows Mail is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news g...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Add a text Disclaimer to Outgoing message
Hello! I would like to add a text Disclaimer to Outgoing message in Exchange 2003 server? any idea? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;317327. -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "Technical" <technical-ms@t-systems.ch> wrote in message news:%23Qke3AfLEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > I would like to add a text Disclaimer to Outgoing message in Exchange 2003 > server? any idea? > > On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:54:51 -0400, Denis McDowell [MSFT] wrote: > See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;317327. Be aware...

Employee Filters

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

phatom message in Outlook 2003 #2
for some reason outlook 2003 keeps showing 1 message inbox in the all mail folders section when there isn't one. can I clear this --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 080203-0, 02/03/2008 Tested on: 2/5/2008 10:18:58 AM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com ...

Mail being blocked by Singapore.net????
Hello everyone, I am confused, recently I found where you can block connections and domains in the Exchange server Delivery Properties. I noticed that I was getting SPAM from a domain named Singapore.net. So I went to the delivery properties and blocked that domain in the connection filtering tab. At that point.. I stopped recieveing ALL inbound email. I did not realize it at first until a friend said he tried to email me and got the error message back. I tried from hotmail, gmail, and the college I attend email. I got the same error message back stating the same thing. The only t...

disappearing messages in OWA
I have a user who uses OWA to access email away from the office. A couple of times this week, he has logged in and checked new emails. However if he logs in again later in the day, these messages are no longer there (he hasn't deleted them)It's as if Outlook/OWA is removing them after being read. What could be causing this and how do i get the messages back? Found it! He had the view set to display "unread" messages, so they were removed from view after opening. Just had to change the view back to "messages" - Doh! >-----Original Message----- >I have...

Help, error message at starting up
Hi Every time at starting up I get this message: The data file "XXXX" was not closed properly, This file is being checked for problems. As I use two such data files, every time it shows the message twice and spent a lot of time in checking. How do I close the data files properly? I tried close Outlook before I shut down the machine, no difference. system: WinXP SP2; Outlook 2002 SP3 Thanks in advance. ad ...

Undeliverable messages
Using Exchange 5.5 SP4. What are the messages that appear in the out queue under the originator field have <> instead of a user name? Thanks "BobT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Exchange 5.5 SP4. What are the messages that appear >in the out queue under the originator field have <> >instead of a user name? Thanks They are Delivery Service Notificatons (DSN's). Of all the DSN's the most popular is the Non-Delivery Report (NDR). NDR's are sent whenevery your server accepts a message and then discovers that it cann...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

How can avoid the security Macro message ...
Hello to everybody. How can avoid the security warning message when I open an Excel file that contains Macro and code that I wrote. (if possible) Many thanks and regards John John, if this is for your own use, have a look at digital certificate in excel help -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "John B" <bg@infinito.it> wrote in message news:Q7h2e.1132536$35.42153418@news4.tin.it... > Hello to everybod...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Blank message comes back from recepient
Everytime I send an email to one particular person I always get back a reply from him a few seconds later with the same subject but nothing in the message. He uses Outlook 2007 and it looks like some setting on there needs adjusting to prevent this happening. Any idea how to do this? Jan <jan@hotmail> wrote: > Everytime I send an email to one particular person I always get back > a reply from him a few seconds later with the same subject but > nothing in the message. He uses Outlook 2007 and it looks like some > setting on there needs adjusting to prevent this happe...

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

outlook 2000
running on home computer, no exhange or server. when I open an inbox message and close it, the message disappears, it isnt in other folders or in delteld files folder. If I move the message to another folder before opening it, then open the message in that folder, I am fine I can open and close it without losing it. I have been running everything fine for a couple of years now, only in the last moth did this start happening. I have reformatted and reloaded my computer, it doesnt help. I have taken mirosoft outlook express off the computer, that doesnt help either. I only have o...

Outlook 2003 "You forwarded this message" feild gone
I have no idea how this happened, I have multiple new computers running outlook 2003, one of them does not display the field at the top of the screen showing if they have replied or forwarded a message like normal, I cannot find any options to turn this off and I am kinda lost at this point, has anyone else seen or heard of this issue and have to fix it? Included is a screen shot of what is supposed to be display, I only have 1 machine that no longer shows this option. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: outlook.jpg ...