Filtering e-Mail from other countries

I am running Exchange Server 2000.

I navigated to Exchange Server -> Global Settings -> Message Delivery ->
Filtering

I would like to stop receiving all mail from the Netherlands (.NL), Japan
(.JP)

Are the following entries correct?

*@*.NL      (would filter all Netherlands mail)
*@*.JP       (would filter all Japan mail)
*@*.US      (would filter all US mail)

"Jim --> San Diego" <JimSanDiego@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am running Exchange Server 2000.
>
>I navigated to Exchange Server -> Global Settings -> Message Delivery ->
>Filtering
>
>I would like to stop receiving all mail from the Netherlands (.NL), Japan
>(.JP)
>
>Are the following entries correct?
>
>*@*.NL      (would filter all Netherlands mail)
>*@*.JP       (would filter all Japan mail)
>*@*.US      (would filter all US mail)

The domain name has little to do with where the mail comes from. There
are plenty of Dutch sites (that you think use .NL) that like to use
the .NU top-level domain. And lot's of US companies use .TV.

Try using http://www.blackholes.us/ and block the networks used by the
contries.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

Can't receive or send mail
Hi all, My Exchange server, up and running from 2 years doesn't send and recive any mail either internal mail and extarnal. Here it is the errors logged: Application Section several warning like this: MSExchangeMTA ID 290 System Section several warning like this: SMTPSVC ID 4006 help! Can we see full unedited info from those events? Andrea Caldarone wrote: > Hi all, > > My Exchange server, up and running from 2 years doesn't send and recive any > mail either internal mail and extarnal. > Here it is the errors logged: > > Application Section > se...

Custom E-Mail Stationary
Question about a Custom E-Mail Stationary. I recently bought a custom stationary for Outlook 2007. It has two pictures and some text. When setting up the stationary it does not show the pictures and only shows a red "X". It seems that the path of the picture is incorrect. I cannot contact the company who created the custom email stationary. ...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

recieving html e-mails
My business uses Lotus notes and the e-mail is set uping html e-mails with logos etc. When i send these to my personal account whitch is Outlook the e-mail comes in in standard text and the logo (picture) is an attachment. I have outlook set to send html e-mails is there a setting to recieve html e-mails? Thanks, Ken What version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After a lot of head-scratching, Ken malone...

mail address
Dear All, when I send a mail to a mail-account not store in my conctat, microsoft outlook remember it and when I write a new mail and insert the first letter of the mail address to which I want sent the mail,Microsoft outlook sugget me the entere mail account. I suppose that there is a cash in which outlook store these information. How can I clear this cash? Best Regards. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you ta...

Employee Filters

outlook e-mail probs
Using windows xp ano outlook for email, when I send / rec. I get an error of 0x8004210B and that it has timed me out of the SMTP server. I using a cable modem and am not unable to send/ rec email. It starts to process and says I will have about 3 of 6 and it just stops. any ideas? ...

mysterious e-mails in outbox
I am having an issue with Outlook 2002. When logging on to get my e-mail the send / receive details box appears and starts to send 5 e-mails. The problem is these 5 e-mails are not in the outbox! Can you tell me what is happenning? These e-mails are also not part of any type of auto response or repsond to sender files. When I seen this this morning I ended my connection so they are still hiding in the out box. How do I find them and delete them? Also is there a way to receive only with Outlook 2002? Thanks for any help you can give. Rocky Just go into the email accoutn options...

Mail being blocked by Singapore.net????
Hello everyone, I am confused, recently I found where you can block connections and domains in the Exchange server Delivery Properties. I noticed that I was getting SPAM from a domain named Singapore.net. So I went to the delivery properties and blocked that domain in the connection filtering tab. At that point.. I stopped recieveing ALL inbound email. I did not realize it at first until a friend said he tried to email me and got the error message back. I tried from hotmail, gmail, and the college I attend email. I got the same error message back stating the same thing. The only t...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Mail Merge Error #3
Hi All, When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error message: A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community for Solutions any response would be appreciate. Thanks KS ...

Can you stop an e-mail in the progress of being sent?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Can you stop an e-mail in the progress of being sent? Is there a command to stop the e-mail? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3348834278_14087858 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/12/10 7:59 AM, in article 59bb2b78.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "johngmasters@officeformac.com" <johngmasters@office...

CRM E-mail 07-05-04
I can send e-mail out from CRM, and it attaches the CRM ID on the subject line. However, when these e-mails are replied to, CRM does not pick them up. I've checked and the CRM Exchange Router appears to be running on the Exchange Server. How do I get the incoming e-mail into CRM? ...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Reading e-mail
I would like to click on my e-mail, view it and have it show un-read until I openit myself "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5B1F87D-1B61-42EA-A6A8-22E499F9B388@microsoft.com... >I would like to click on my e-mail, view it and have it show un-read until >I > openit myself Don't use the Preview pane. If you view it in the Preview pane (which inappropriately named), you just read it! You might want to use AutoPreview mode instead. It shows the first few lines of each mail but as plain-text only. That way, you get a clue as ...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Mail Options Greyed out
I installed Outlook (2003) last week and every thing worked fine. i have sent and received emils no problems. Today i can still receive emails ok, but i cannot send new / reply / forward - as these buttons are now greyed out ? Has anybody else come across this, if so how did you solve it. (if I do a test from set up email accounts that sends and receives the test ok) ...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...