filter incoming mails to public folder

Hello,

I want to create public folders for companies like "comp_a", "comp_b" and so
on.
If the Exchange Server receive incoming mails from "*@comp_a.de", they
should be moved to the public folder "comp_a". Is that possible ?
The filter should be server-side, independently of one Outlook Client.
Is an event sink the only solution ? If so, how can I do that ?

thanks
Dirk Ehlers

0
dirs64 (2)

Why don't you just set it up so any email sent to the @comp_a.de is CC:ed to
the public folder.  You will have to first under the public folder properties
uncheck the hide from Global Address List and then go to the other mailbox
and set it to CC a copy of all inbound messages to the public folder.  Once
that is set you can go back to the public folder properties of the Comp_a and
select to hide the PF from the GAL.

"dirs64" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to create public folders for companies like "comp_a", "comp_b" and so
> on.
> If the Exchange Server receive incoming mails from "*@comp_a.de", they
> should be moved to the public folder "comp_a". Is that possible ?
> The filter should be server-side, independently of one Outlook Client.
> Is an event sink the only solution ? If so, how can I do that ?
>
> thanks
> Dirk Ehlers

0
Transam388 (53)
12/22/2005 5:01:02 PM
Hi Transam388,

I want to explain it times differently:
For example, my mail adress ist "dirs64@home.de". Somebody from
"user_a@comp_a.de" wrotes me a mail. So the mail should not be in my private
exchange folder. The exchange server should recognize, that the mail comes
from "@comp_a.de" (independently from the mail user) and move them to a
public folder "comp_a.de". (I hope, you understand my english)

Thanks
Dirk Ehlers

"Transam388" wrote:

> Why don't you just set it up so any email sent to the @comp_a.de is CC:ed to
> the public folder.  You will have to first under the public folder properties
> uncheck the hide from Global Address List and then go to the other mailbox
> and set it to CC a copy of all inbound messages to the public folder.  Once
> that is set you can go back to the public folder properties of the Comp_a and
> select to hide the PF from the GAL.
>
> "dirs64" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to create public folders for companies like "comp_a", "comp_b" and so
> > on.
> > If the Exchange Server receive incoming mails from "*@comp_a.de", they
> > should be moved to the public folder "comp_a". Is that possible ?
> > The filter should be server-side, independently of one Outlook Client.
> > Is an event sink the only solution ? If so, how can I do that ?
> >
> > thanks
> > Dirk Ehlers

0
dirs64 (2)

Send mails from Workflow
Hi, I have created a Workflow rule to send E-mails to customers when ever they create a case. "The from address" of those mails picks the owners name. I want to change this..... How can I do this. Thanks in advance.......... Irshard you can not use email templates. The from field is locked. Use the send email form in wf manager. and set the from field from the user you wnat the email to be sent. if you want the emails to be sent form an account such as helpdesk etc. create a dummy account or contact and send emails via it. Hello, There is no from feild in WF Manager........

Filter with criteria!
Hello! I have 2 woorksheet. One contains raw data one is a summary sheet. In the raw data shhet, under the "catergory" column, I need to count and filter out all the Apples" in this column. The challege is , the number of apples counted should be from Jan, Feb and Mar respectively. Results counted must be shown in the second worksheet in Column A, B and C respectively, representing Jan Feb and Mar. Can I have the formulae for this ?Thank you.. -- help me Post few examples to show how your raw data is arranged. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ernieta...

how do I re-direct my exsisting e-mail account to outlook express.
I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo=20 >e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >. > Outlook Express is a part of the operating system, specifically Internet Explorer. You will have better luck where the OE Gurus hang out: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer redirecting e-mail <red...

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

mail and calender
I believe I used to see a small calender on the right of my screen when in outlook mail. It would also spell out the nature of upcoming appointments. Can't seen to recall this option. Please help. It's called the Date Navigator. How you get it back on depends on your version. Please enlighten us - which version of Outlook are you running????? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Sc...

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

mail server
Is Exchange an absolute must? Can I do without it? Can any other mail server do? Thank you. Hi Bill, Exchange is not required. There are 3 scenario's: 1) Exchange -> email can be sent and received in CRM 2) SMTP -> email can be sent from CRM but not received 3) Nothing -> email cannot be used from CRM. For more info http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/01/05/Running_Microsoft_CRM_without_Exchange_Server.aspx Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "bill tie" wrote: > > Is Exchange an abso...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

Outlook98
I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders I have set up and been using over the past several years, have dissapeared. I believe the PST file is the same size, but the folders and their contents are nowhere to be found. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1029601c3f42b$1ace3ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Kurt Wolfe wrote: > I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders > I have set up and been usi...

sharing folders in outlook
After setting up my outlook contact files to be shared via email, I sent a test email to myself asking if I wanted to accept the sharing utility. However on the email that was sent I am supposed to click on an 'accept' button to start sharing, however there is no 'accept' button present. There is a note that says if the button is not present I need to install the 'net folder component' however I have searched the microsoft site and cannot find any relevent installation advice. Does anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook "Donna" <anonymous@di...

red recovery drive folder
So I got a virus on my computer a month ago and I had a friend from geek squad come over and restart it with a recovery disk that Dell had sent me (I have a dell) after it was restored and the virus was gone my recovery folder was red and switched to my C: drive, and my os is now D: drive. When I asked him about the recovery drive being red he just told me that "its a good thing" but now when I go to download things for school onto my computer they wont stay, they download but stop right before its finished and I can't find it anywhere. I really need my computer properl...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

OWA
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.spa...

Annoying Exchange 2003 Sender Filter Bug - Reported - Confirmed
The following is a MS confirmed Exchange 2003 bug, for which MS will not provide a bug fix. Perhaps in the next version of Exchange. Exchange Server 2003 is dropping SMTP connection WITHOUT any warning in SMTP logs or eventlogs, if 1. Sender Filtering for an incoming Virtual SMTP server is enabled 2. A "malformed" message without an empty line after the DATA command is send Here is one expample of a useless message created in a telnet session: 220 node1.exchg2k3.test.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version : 6.0.3790.0 ready at Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:05:44 +0200 helo 250 node1.ex...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Recurring e-mail
Hello all, I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients every Monday at 8:00. Exact same text, same recipents every time. Any suggestions on how to do this? I suggested a recurring Calendar item, but he wants an e-mail. OL2003/Exchange 2003 Thanks See if this info helps any: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm "Andy Williams" <f_u_b_a_r_1_1_1_9@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote in message news:Os%23TSjzpFHA.3408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients > ...

Outlook Filters #2
I just wondered if anyone knows how to remove a filter from my inbox of outlook? I believe it is Outlook 2002. It's on my system at work. Every time I double click a message to read when I close it down the message vanishes completely. It is really baffling me. I don't even know how a filter got on there or that there was such a function. It may even come in handy if I knew what it was. Cheers John How about we check if you are viewing a filtered view such as Unread Messages. That's the most likely culprit. Turn on the Advanced Toolbar (View | Toolbars) and read the Current ...

strange e-mail from CRM
I keep getting strange e-mail from my CRM server. It has my name in the "from" and a serial number "bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7bebbef-2c05" as the subject, and then in the message is has this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><DeviceInfo xmlns="AirNotify:"><Version>1.1</Version><BindingMap><Folder><FolderId>bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7bebbef-2b1f</FolderId><DeviceId>D5264C7F2FB8AE10DBA83BE2DA9B73FC</DeviceId></Folder><Folder><FolderId>bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7b...

public folder referals multiple servers
Hello all I have 4 exchagne servers two are 5.5 and two are 2003, they are all in the same admin group and routing group. Three out of the four exchange servers are on the local LAN and the 4th (5.5 server) is connected over the WAN. I have one user, who has an account on one of the local 2003 servers, everything works fine with this user except whenever he hits send and recive in his outlook 2003, his outlook wants to connect to the public folder store on the 5.5 server across the WAN, and when it does the user always gets propted for credentials within outlook. The steps i took t...