file://./backofficestorage...

I need to enable access to file://./backofficestorage on my Exchange 2003
server.  I remember a seeing an article on how to do that a while ago but I
can't find it now.

Thanks!

0
fritz8172 (86)

PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!!

Also ensure that do file-level virus scanners are scanning M: drive

Drive M Mapping to IFS Is Not Present by Default in Exchange Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821836/en-us

HTH

--
James Whelan

Rapid Response Engineer - Messaging
Premier Field Engineering
Microsoft United Kingdom

newsgroup purposes only.

"Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message
>I need to enable access to file://./backofficestorage on my Exchange 2003
>server.  I remember a seeing an article on how to do that a while ago but I
>can't find it now.
>
> Thanks!

0
jwhelan (2)
3/29/2006 8:57:05 PM
Typo!

Also ensure that any file-level virus scanners are NOT scanning M: drive

Apologies.

--

"James Whelan [MSFT]" <jwhelan@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!!
>
> Also ensure that do file-level virus scanners are scanning M: drive
>
> Drive M Mapping to IFS Is Not Present by Default in Exchange Server 2003
>
> HTH
>
> --
> James Whelan
>
> Rapid Response Engineer - Messaging
> Premier Field Engineering
> Microsoft United Kingdom
>
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.

> rights.
>

> "Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message
>>I need to enable access to file://./backofficestorage on my Exchange 2003
>>server.  I remember a seeing an article on how to do that a while ago but
>>I can't find it now.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
jwhelan (2)

how can I format output data to a file
How can I format data for output to a file in a particular format ie. 6 chars 25 chars 49 chars from 3 work sheet columns which a not 2,25 and 49 long. This is so that the data can be read by another program. If the first cell only has a "1" in it how do I get excel to output blanks to fill the space to 6 char for the first output? Set your column widths to the field widths you want (6, 25, 49). Set the text alignment for each column to what you want if the default (left for text and right for numbers) is not correct. Then do a File, Save As and pick Formatted Text as the f...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaa\a
begin 644 306dfrq1j.txt M66]U)W)E(&EN(%-E<FEO=7,@5')O=6)L92 M($ET)W,@82!0<F]V96X@1F%C M="$-"@T*1D))($9/4D5.4TE#4R!#04X@1DE.1"!$14Q%5$5$($9)3$53#0H- M"E1(15)%($%212!42$E.1U,@3TX@64]54B!#3TU0551%4@T*5$A!5"!93U4@ M5$A/54=(5"!93U4@1$5,151%1"X-"@T*(2$A(4)55"!42$59($%212!35$E, M3"!42$5212$A(0T*#0I#;&EC:R!H97)E(&9O<B!D971A:6QS(&]N('1H92!% M5DE$14Y#12!%3$E-24Y!5$]2#0H-"D-L96%R('EO=7(@8V]M<'5T97(@;V8@ M:6YC<FEM:6YA=&EN9R!F:6QE<PT*=&AA="!Y;W4@8V%N;F]T(&1E;&5T92X- M"@T*=W=W+G...

Tracking open files
I often leave files open for days and when I have 20-70 open at the same time I run out resources and one invariably locks up, especially a PowerPoint 2007 file. Is there a way that I can have one of my Access databases log all open files using a form's click event so that I can reopen them when the system crashes? This database is always running--can't work without it and so it is a logical place to store a listing of all my open files. Thanks for suggesting a place where I can start developing the code to do this. In addition to PPTX and DOCX, I usually keep a...

Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003-- I need to have a command for me to SEND email and then prompt me to FILE the sent email into one of my folders that I choose so I am able to pick the folder each time. I would like to create a button in the standard menu bar for: Send & File Thank you See if the VBA code at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm does what you need. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jc1148" <jc1148@dis...

Shariing Outlook 2003 files across a home network
I'm considering getting a laptop to go along with my desktop, and connecting them via a home wireless network. I would like to be able to download email to either machine, but still be able to read all of the emails from either machine. Is it possible to set up Outlook 2003 such that both machines would share the files (inbox, outbox, address book, etc) on the desktop? Naturally, the desktop would have to be on for the laptop to access the email. Thanks in advance for any assistance! Lewis Clark wrote: > I'm considering getting a laptop to go along with my desktop, and ...

Count a char filed and then show Total Urgent
Hi, I have the following fields: rep orderack Blue Y I would like to be able to count all of the orderack everytime rep = blue and then total the number of Y in orderack so firstly i want to count then sum. can this be done in the same query. based on this query i am then qoing to output the data to data access page. Thanks for your help M Hi a little more info rep orderack blue Y blue Y blue Y blue Y total 4 "mahmad" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Wav File Question for PPS files
I have FINALLY read and digested all the wonderful help about only embedded wav files being able to be emailed.......and have suceeded in being able to do so ....THANKS Trouble here is I have only 2 wav files that are music (not one line jokes, etc.) and am time pressed on finding a good one for a xmas PPS I'd like to send to family. Is there a source online where one can SAFELY download wav files. I've encountered lots of invalid sites out there trying? Looking for something Christmas and sentimental for a family slide show....... Grateful for any help...... THA...

How do I set up a tickler file?
I need to be able to set up a tickler file where I can enter a name and discharge date then have the program automatically remind me to take an action in 2 months. I am using office pro 2003.I would like to do this in excel or outlook. Why not use Outlook's calendar function? -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "moe3rd" <moe3rd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB1A0479-4242-4E05-8BFD-AAB264F948ED@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to set up a tickler file where I can enter a name and > discha...

Pivot Table Source file
I have been doing VBA in Excel for years, but have never done anything with Pivot Tables. I was given a spreadsheet that has 4 pivot tables which grab data from our main system (AS/400). How do I find what files are being used when the P/T's are refreshed? Thanks for any help. -Paul B. You may be able to select a PT, then show the PT wizard. Then click on the Back button to see the settings. This may not apply to you, but when I did stuff like this, I'd have a text file created from the AS/400. Then I'd import that data into excel and do all the manipulation from that impor...

Start a file at a defaulted worksheet/cell?
Howdy, Having a few users to a file, can I have the file open to a default worksheet/cell as I have directions I want them to read before playing... Regards, Kevin Kevin, use something like this, put in thisworkbook code Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("C3").Select End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "...

Sharing causes exaggerated size file
When I copy an excel file to another user's PC and he enabled the macros, the size of the file doubles!! Any idea how to avoid this? ...

"Publisher has detected a problem in the file" error message 11009
"Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. To protect your computer, Publisher will not open the file." "Was this information helpful?" What? What information? Four days working on a brochure and now I can't open it! Any suggestions or places to start? Note possible related event. This occurred after deleting McAfee Security software, and the file has internal hyperlinks (hyperlinks to pages within document" Do you know anyone else with Publisher? Send it to them and see if they can open it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [P...

excel2000-password shared file over wireless network-crashing
I have a file that is password protected and shared by two people over a wireless network. It is constantly crashing while saving. Does anybody have any ideas on the problem? I turned off the password ans still have the same problem. I haven't heard anybody complain about excel2000 crashing while shared. Any help would be great. Would excel 2003 work? I don't really want to upgrade since there is very little difference between the both. Thanks, Joe ...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

Question about file location
Hello again everyone, I'm developing an application that depends on an external data file. I've created a new folder within the project and then added the data file to it. I called the folder resources. Now, I'm trying to create a StreamReader to use the file. This is the code I'm using: Try Dim reader as New StreamReader("System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory() & "resources\datafile.dat", true) Catch ex As Exception MsgBox("Could not open file") End Try Now, you would think that this would work, right (maybe...

OL 2003 and problem with zip files
We have a problem on our office PC that has started since yesterday. We receive .zip archives as a mail attachment but the last three we have received will not open or save. We have gone back to known good zip archives which have opened previously from Mon/Tue this week & earlier and those now won't open on the same PC. We have forwarded the email to another PC and this can open/save the .zip archive as expected. In addition the Subject line has mysteriously disappeared from within Outlook but we have now got that back. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem...

auto create a file
i have a time card in excel that i'd like to automeate a bit more. right now I have a button on the form to save to a specific file, and it names the new time card by name, date and job #. something like "brianh10/14hilton". people have been asking for copies, and it's tough for me to modify the code for the button to save to their correct path. right now mine saves to something like /mydoc's/time/billing/. Is it possible to code the button so that , if the file doesn't exist, the code can create the correct path. code is as follows: Sub Save_As_FileName(...

Compiled ocx file reports different sizes
Hi, When I use MSVC 6.0 ide to compile my active x component , the size reported is 412KB But when I comple the same fromcommand line, the size reported is 408KB Why ? Am I loosing something here Does IDE add somethings... Help sandSpiderX Likely you are simply using different compile options. Variations in optimization, byte alignment, debug info, etc. can all yield different sized modules. "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120826022.231620.249400@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > When I use MSVC 6.0 ide to compile my activ...

PC freezes when I open a file
I have a four-page document with a lot of URLs. Whenever I open it, my mouse cannot click anything for about two minutes, and the document itself remains frozen for five minutes. If it is only that one document, it suggests that it is partially corrupt. Not knowing which version of Word or OS you are using makes it difficult to give you options to sort it out, but try the Open and Repair function first. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72B470EE-B86F-4018-99B5-F5FCEB41BB34@microsoft.c...

import .QIF-file with category information
I'm trying to import a QIF-file with transaction-information. The import completes succesfully, but I cannot find any category information. Does anyone knows a solution ? Regards, Arthur ...

open a file on PDA?
I try to open a file on the PDA but that don't work. The file is located in the same directory that the program. The filename is elevator.dxf. So i const char * fred = "elevator.dxf"; the file name is pass to function etc... drawing.LoadFile(fred) etc.... and FileName is in debugger = "elevator.dxf" pStream = fopen( FileName, "rb" )) but pStream is NULL there; Why? In the same program, i call hinstLIB = LoadLibrary( "LIB.dll" ) and same LIB.dll is on the same directory of the program but that time that's work, he find the file and load the l...

PST files won't open
I have 3 PST files that were created by someone else. They are each less than 40MB and all have the correct .pst extention. When I try to open any of them (they sit on my hdd) Outlook tells me "The file is not a personal folders file". I am running Office 2003 Pro. Any ideas? Cheers and Thanks. Are these pst-files on your harddisk and have you verified that the "Read Only" file attribute isn't checked. Connect to it by using File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... If it's still not working use scanpst.exe to scan the file for errors. -- Roady [MVP] w...

Display file in EUC japanese format
I have several files in EUC format containing a mix of English and Japanese characters. I want to dump them into a CEdit. I have created a unicode app. I have selected "Arial Unicode MS" as the CEdit font. I have used CStdioFile to open one of the files and have used SetWindowText to display the text in the CEdit. The English characters display properly, the japanese do not. I have tried to use MultiByteToWideChar but, if that is the way to go, I can't get it to work properly. I am using an English W2K with Japanese IME installed (in case it is relevant). The conversion shou...

Lost Oulook.pst file
I'm using XP SP3 with IE8, tonight I uninstall a program and it required a Restart, when it came back up, my Outlook.pst file is missing. I searched entire hard drive, no file. I then did a System Restore and again file was missing. Any ideas or suggestions out there? I mainly use Outlook 2003 for the calendar feature to keep up with appointments etc. -- Thanks, Bill Post replies back to News Group You have to search to include hidden for *.pst System restore has no baring on data files, only your backup restores data "Willy" <justask@hotmail.com>...

Storing Outlook files on external hard drive
Is it possible to set up Outlook so instead of its files (not program but directory, contacts, messages, et al) are stored on our external hard drive? Last year our old computer died and we lost a lot of information on its hard drive. OR, can I regularly transfer the information to the hard drive? I do not beleive you can store what you want out of the program directory. However, you can make backups of the data you need whenever you would like. This is import/export feature in office. Located on the FILE menu. The one thing I do not like about outlook is the fact that there a...