Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeMDB

I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server..

Event ID = 9317
Source = MSExchangeSA

Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error code
was c007200e.

All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to
login using their username@domain instead of just username.

Anyone else had this before?

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

Richard

0
Richard

Check to see that the server object is in the Exchange Domain Servers group.
The error looks as if it can't see the NETBIOS name of the server. Is there
any kind of DNS suffix on the NIC properties in the Exchange server, or
anything else changed?
--
David Wilhoit
Exchange MVP

"Richard" wrote:

> I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server..
>
> Event ID = 9317
> Source = MSExchangeSA
>
> Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error code
> was c007200e.
>
> All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to
> login using their username@domain instead of just username.
>
> Anyone else had this before?
>
> Any ideas how to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

0
kidego1 (18)
8/29/2005 8:46:19 PM
Yeah I had this when I moved the Exchange Servers computer object to another
OU... ????? other than  the default one it was installed in.

Regards

"David Wilhoit" <kidego@kidego.net> wrote in message
> Check to see that the server object is in the Exchange Domain Servers
group.
> The error looks as if it can't see the NETBIOS name of the server. Is
there
> any kind of DNS suffix on the NIC properties in the Exchange server, or
> anything else changed?
> --
> David Wilhoit
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Richard" wrote:
>
> > I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server..
> >
> > Event ID = 9317
> > Source = MSExchangeSA
> >
> > Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error
code
> > was c007200e.
> >
> > All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to
> > login using their username@domain instead of just username.
> >
> > Anyone else had this before?
> >
> > Any ideas how to fix it?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Richard

0
djandrew (27)
8/30/2005 11:09:54 AM
"David Andrew" <djandrew@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Yeah I had this when I moved the Exchange Servers computer object to another
>OU... ????? other than  the default one it was installed in.

Moving the server account requires that the System Attendant be
restarted after the move. The SA memorizes the location of the
computer account when it starts. Moving it afterwards confuses it.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Printing Service Calendar
how can i print a service calendar Does your security role have print privileges? If so, you should be able to see a print preview button on the service calendar page... -- Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Pedro Oliveira - Portugal" wrote: > how can i print a service calendar ...

Service pack problems with auto-generated account code
I applied the latest service pack and now the software is adding 5 digits to our account codes (10000). I assume this is a bug because I have found nowhere that references this number being added. You got a lot of posts on this board that are incorrect. Can't your reseller help you with your questions and procedural issues? Sorry, but I don't have the time. Are you learning the program by trial and error and assuming the program is wrong? Mark (2) "Mark" wrote: > I applied the latest service pack and now the software is adding 5 digits to > our account codes ...

WSUS fails to install at 0400 and 2200 daily on sbs 2003
event 364 at 04:10 AM or at 22:00 PM daily Content file download failed. Reason: The destination file system volume is not available. Verify that another program, such as CheckDisk, is not running, which would lock the volume. When the volume is available, Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will try again. ---- How do Iverify that download succeded at a later point in time? File name seem random. ...

Counting Different Names in A Column... Formula?
Just wanted to know if there is a Formula that can count DIFFEREN names in a Column? eg. There may be more than 1 same name, but I dont want it counted twice: James Edward Max John David James James Lisa Total should = 6 (Since James is 1 person) Is there a formula to solve this type of count? Thanks for any hel on this. -- Mh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3598 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57109 Try this For a list of...

Web Services Javascript
I've used the code to generate a webservices callout through Javascript from the Stunnware site successfully multiple times and it works great (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=jswebservice). I am now trying to modify this code to generate for CRM Live. As I understand it, you have to place a piece of code for login credentials. Has anyone given this a try before? Managed to resolve this issue. You have to change the authentication type from a 0 to 1. "@VGroupby1" wrote: > I've used the code to generate a webservices callout through Javascript from ...

How to start client as service?
I did Client Server program.But commonoly server is run first.But I want run client first. So someone told me to start client as Service then we can run client first.What is meaning of this?I use CASyncSock in MFC.If any one knows it plz reply. > I did Client Server program.But commonoly server is run first.But I > want run client first. So someone told me to start client as Service > then we can run client first.What is meaning of this?I use CASyncSock > in MFC.If any one knows it plz reply. Its not clear what you are asking? It all depends upon your client program as to how it...

Exch 2003 Name Change on SBS 2003
Hello, Due to a problem with IBMDB2, the ACCPAC person installing the updates, who is also an MCSE (?) went into DNS and renamed the server. Unfortunately, the owner had named it to starting with a number, and with how well the product sets itself up, created the mail server, everything. IBM DB2 does not like a server name starting with a number. Thus, in DNS server name changed, system rebooted, thus rendering the Exchange server being very unhappy. As this is a fairly new installation of SBS2003/Exch2003, how can I rename the Exch2003 server to match that of the domain contro...

my name appears instead of the sender's, but only in my inbox
I have Outlook 2003 and all of a sudden, any incoming email that enters my Inbox, displays only who the email is to (usually me) instead of who it's from. For example: if I receive an email from my friend Tim Highfield, in the Inbox column, there should be a message header which has the envelope icon and "Tim Highfield" next to it, with the subject underneath, and the date on the far right. But instead of "Tim Highfield", my name appears instead! Or more precisely, the name of the person Tim sent it to, namely me. But what is equally weird is that when I move the...

Cannot change logon name for Info Store service.
Every time I attempt to change the log on name of the Info store service to anything other than the system account the service does not start with the following event id: 7024 - The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 0. The exchange server is a DC and GC. The account I am attempting to use is a member of the domain admin, enterprise admin, exch domain servers, and exch enterprise servers. Anyone have any idea's on this?? Thanks J In Exchange 2000 your not supposed to change this. The system account is the machines account. There is no ...

vlookup to other files and #NAME error
Hi! I have a bunch of vlookups in a summary speadsheet that references 15 separate spreadsheet files in the same folder. There are 20 users that the set of files is working fine for. But for some reason one user gets the #NAME error, until he opens all of the associated files, at which point the data all fills in. I've had this happen to me occasionally on other files, but I've been able to work around it. Does anyone know how to correct? Thanks Danielle ...

removing delegates name from Sent On Behalf Of within outlook,
Hi can anyone tell me how to remove the delgates name when sending a mail on behalf of a generic email account ? . I would really appreciate the advise as having the delegates name displayed causes conflict in the work place You cannot do this with "Send On Behalf Of" permissions. The Exchange admin will have to set "Send As" permissions for those users on the AD object that holds the mailbox. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http...

RMS Store Ops = Not Responding on Master Register?
Hello, I have a store where the RMS Store Ops will not open up on the master registers, but both the Slaves can see the database fine on master and can function normally. It does not matter if you double click or right click and select "open" the response is the same in Task Manager = Microsoft Store Operation POS -- Not Responding. I have try a repaired from Add/Remove Hardware, and everything else seem fine. I am looking to head to the store to re-load the RMS software from the CD-ROM or moving the database to a replacement PC. Has anyone else encounter this problem befo...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system
When I send a Digital ID encrypted message with OL 2002, I get Error message: "Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system." I have followed all of the techniques of KB 258527. Help! Thanks. /Howard The only time I have come across this is when I have a corrupt certificate. It does require removing your personal e-mail certificate and installing a new copy. (You can't export and reimport a certificate that is "supposedly" corrupt.) "Howard Sartori" <howard@sartori.com> wrote in message news:eIet2wWXEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12....

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. 11-10-05
"No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. SOAP Server Application Faulted" Removed licenses from other users that are no longer here. I cannot add the new users. any ideas what the error messages mean? ...

How change Sign-in Name?
I've been using Money for years. Recently I've changed my passport account email address because the old one will no longer be available to me in the near future. When starting Money, I entered the new email address and password and Money allows me to log in. However, the issue is, the next time I start Money, the old email address is back in there and I must enter the new email address every time I start Money. How can I change the Sign-in name to same the correct email address? (I tried File/Password Manager and it will show the new address... until I close and re-open mone...

Web Services Edition and Categories in shared calendar

sql service pack 4
is dynamics 6.0, great plains 7.5 and great plains 8.0 will work or supported on ms sql sp4? I have tried all with no issues, in fact they also seem to do fine on Yukon (SQL 2005) "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B7CCC43-6AD8-4BB4-944E-1EB972D08DB7@microsoft.com... > is dynamics 6.0, great plains 7.5 and great plains 8.0 will work or > supported > on ms sql sp4? > > ...

custom invoices using sql server reporting services
We have 80 companies and each one wants its own unique invoice. What is the best way to go about this? I already have SSRS setup for other things - can I leverage that for this task. How would I go about doing this? Thanks in advance! GP 2010 has the ability for you to do this, but that won't help you now. There are a couple of options out there - I'm not sure of all of the functions these softwares offer, but I know they solve 'out-facing' document issues: Rockton Software's Dynamics Reports Manager: http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=3 Ac...

IIS ADmin & COM+ Failures after Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
Win2k Sp4 running Exchng2k sp3 I recently installed the rollup on the server. I then began to experience server failures. I 'believe' the root cause is either COM+ failures. or IIS. First event is always IIS Admin failure ( event is rather plain: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7031 Date: 7/12/2005 Time: 6:42:28 PM User: N/A Computer: WILDCAT Description: The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. ) , the...

ActiveSync and Logon Name
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003 (front-end and back-end). Our clients use ActiveSync by using their MDAs. They can successfully logon to Exchnage 2003 if they use ONLY and ONLY pre-Windows 2000 logon name. It is like that: HOSTIX\user01_domain.com Actually this user has following account name on our server: User logon name: user01@domain.com. How can we tell Exchange that user can only use user01@domain.com account information if they use ActiveSync. For other Services such as OWA,OMA, RPC over HTTPS, IMAP they can successfully use their logon name in form user01@domain.com. The only prob...

Naming sheets from a cell value
Hi there, Thanks for reading my question. Is it possible to name a sheet from a cell value with in the sheet? i.e. I have 12 sheets, each sheet represents a month and the month value is in cell A1. Can I rename a sheet by refering to cell A1 instead of manually renaming the sheets to January, February etc. Many thanks Tony See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/events/sheetnamefromcell.html In article <127785E3-01B4-49B1-9966-8D79F795EFA4@microsoft.com>, "Tony4X4" <Tony4X4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi there, > Thanks for reading my question. >...

Unable to logon to Outlook Mailbox with different name
Hi, I just migrated a user's mailbox from an E5.5 server to E2K3. The user can logon to her E2K3 mailbox via OWA without any problems. However I can't map the Outlook 2K client to the E2K3 mailbox. The Outlook client does not find the user's mailbox on the E2K3 server. I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that the mailbox owner's Active Directory user name is Joe User but the E2K3 Maibox name is Joe User1. Has anyone experienced this problem when the AD logon name is different from the Mialbox name? If so what did you do to fix the problem. Thanks in ...

Entering a company name on the tab
Hi I am trying to create a tab that when I open Excel and click File New I will be able to see / General / Spreadsheet Solutions / Ashfield / I am using Excel 2000 - I know I did this before on 97 but can't remember how. I find it useful for customers who would like to store their own templates in their own area. Thanks a million for any help in advance Ann Ann What do you consider to be the "Tab"? A worksheet Tab name or the Caption you see in the Title Bar? For the former, just create a workbook with that sheet name and save as a Template. For the latter, you...

I receieve message but my name is not listed
Hi, I am currently receiving messages from a particular recipient (Exchange System). The message lists six users in the To and CC boxes, none of which is me. In addition, there is a Distribution List, but once expanded, none of the people listed is me either. I tried Reply All to see if my name was in the BCC list but it is not there as well. Any idea to see how I can tell how my email address is getting listed or how this is happening? Thanks. JR "UnknownJoe" <UnknownJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB04C8A-4118-4703-A026-E4D6B1...