FAiled instalation of Exchange 2003

I have just arrived on site and found some one has tried to install exchange
2003 in the domain and then just deleted all the objects before they left.
This is now causing great problems, as I have reinstalled exchange 2003 but
it, believes that there is a virtual site "old server name” and I can not get
rid of it. Every time I create a mail box it does not appear anywhere. Could
anyone point me at an article that shows you how to undo all forest and
domain preps from your AD so that I may redeploy this server in a working
state? I have removed my new server by running the remoevorg switch however I
do not believe that this has removed the “old server name”
Cheers

0
kuredukid (1)

see this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273478/en-us

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"kuredukid" <kuredukid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just arrived on site and found some one has tried to install
exchange
> 2003 in the domain and then just deleted all the objects before they left.
> This is now causing great problems, as I have reinstalled exchange 2003
but
> it, believes that there is a virtual site "old server name” and I can
not get
> rid of it. Every time I create a mail box it does not appear anywhere.
Could
> anyone point me at an article that shows you how to undo all forest and
> domain preps from your AD so that I may redeploy this server in a working
> state? I have removed my new server by running the remoevorg switch
however I
> do not believe that this has removed the “old server name”
> Cheers

0
sconkey (3059)
1/24/2006 5:11:34 PM
It sounds to me like AD is a mess, and you do not currently have a working
exchange install with active users.  If this is the case, you might consider
the removeorg option, and start over.  I do believe it would be worth it to
call MS prior to attempting this to get a second opinion.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830185/en-us

"kuredukid" <kuredukid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just arrived on site and found some one has tried to install
>exchange
> 2003 in the domain and then just deleted all the objects before they left.
> This is now causing great problems, as I have reinstalled exchange 2003
> but
> it, believes that there is a virtual site "old server name" and I can not
> get
> rid of it. Every time I create a mail box it does not appear anywhere.
> Could
> anyone point me at an article that shows you how to undo all forest and
> domain preps from your AD so that I may redeploy this server in a working
> state? I have removed my new server by running the remoevorg switch
> however I
> do not believe that this has removed the "old server name"
> Cheers

0
fullbrij1 (373)
1/24/2006 5:11:40 PM
Try this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273478/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396/en-us

Nue

If this does not work
"kuredukid" <kuredukid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just arrived on site and found some one has tried to install
>exchange
> 2003 in the domain and then just deleted all the objects before they left.
> This is now causing great problems, as I have reinstalled exchange 2003
> but
> it, believes that there is a virtual site "old server name" and I can not
> get
> rid of it. Every time I create a mail box it does not appear anywhere.
> Could
> anyone point me at an article that shows you how to undo all forest and
> domain preps from your AD so that I may redeploy this server in a working
> state? I have removed my new server by running the remoevorg switch
> however I
> do not believe that this has removed the "old server name"
> Cheers

0
imaneophyte (3004)

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Install problem
I get a message saying cannot install for you have a anti- virus and must turn off, of which i have and tried again with the same results, plus It also states you have windows operating in safe mode. what does that have to do with installing Money 2004 "Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3a0fc$b0b28c80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I get a message saying cannot install for you have a anti- > virus and must turn off, of which i have and tried again > with the same results, plus It also states you have > windows operating in safe mo...

"The default signature is reset when you restart Outlook 2003"
Hi, We have the problem listed in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918561 It is only happening with 1 user, everyone else is fine. There is no registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\User Settings\{77BC8EAD-D6F6-4BBD-8B11-2CDD56ACB9F0}\Create\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Setup Everytime the user logs into terminal server or his PC, he gets the firstrun type scenario where it appears to be setting outlook up for first time (blue bar) then his profile opens up. His signature is there, just not selected. I have tried renaming his profile folder and a...

SQL Instance name/Server Name Error when trying to install CRM 5 in Amazon EC2
I have two instances in EC2; one for CRM and one for SQL. I get this message when I run through the system checks installing CRM: "The instance name must be the same as computer name." SSRS works fine and everything else is also in place. I ran the sp_dropserver and sp_addserver queries to confirm that the instance name is set to exactly the same as the FQDN of the server. I also started up an ODBC connection from the CRM server and confirmed it had a valid connection to the SQL databases on the SQL server. What am I missing here? Please help! ...

Exchange 5.5 / SMTP Connector Problem
Here's where I am stuck at. I've got Exchange 5.5 SP4 for a front end and a back end. I have my SMTP Connector on a seperate NT4 Svr. Whenever I enable the SMTP connector, the Queue fills with 1000's of email. Now with that said, I've run the Perfmon on the backend Exchange server when the SMTP connector is on and the MTS-OUT runs nonstop. The CPU on the backend server is running at 97% on the IMC service. If I disable the IMC service, it takes the server a few minutes, but the service does stop and the server returns to normal. My problem is I don't know whe...

Manually archive Outlook Journal items: wdkcalex.dll can't be loaded/installed
I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items. Within that PST file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of items). When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST file, I had no problem. When I dragged my journal items into that file, I got the error message "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." [ OK ] I had to...

money 2004 installation problem
Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is invalid." Can someone help? I removed the program and reinstalled several times. Same problem. I disabled both Antivirus and Firewall. In microsoft.public.money, Rupert Lee wrote: >Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking >on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content >is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is >invalid." Can someone help?...

Outlook 2003 will not send some messages
I have just purchased Office Professional 2003. I have had problems sending some emails. The emails are returned to me with the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Kahr Arms dealer Inquiry Sent: 6/22/2004 1:37 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'America & John' on 6/22/2004 1:38 AM 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <dck@saeilo.com> to <blocksender@bellsouth.net> for 65.6.178.167 Hi David, this article discribe what to do to ...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

Install that internet patch from the Microsoft Corporation
--pxqtotpiujurdz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ewxmhldn"; type="multipart/alternative" --ewxmhldn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wspvsqvongthgcuo" --wspvsqvongthgcuo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Exchange Backup/Restore
After reading through the Disaster recovery doc for Exchange 2000 and realising that our server was all wrapped up in one as opposed to a seperate Exchange member server and a seperate DC and prob DNS, I realised I would have to backup exchange, DC & DNS data and in the event of a problem restore exchange and DC & DNS datafrom backup, not in that order. My problem with that was 1) I do not have a backup machine that was the same hardware as the current one 2) DC and DNS restoration while viable seemed slow. So I thinking of a way around DC restoration this is just make my "...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

Problem with some installers
Hello, I am using Win 7 Ultimate x64. Since recently, I am having a problem with some installers (not all). It seems that all installers that cause problems are a) UPX packed b) based on InstallShield When starting the installer, I first get: "Insufficient free disk space" (I have over 3TB free though!) and then: "Cannot prepare main package. Probably incorrect TMP/TEMP variables or there is no execute permission for temporary folder." The variables TMP and TEMP are set correctly and execute permissions are set for the temporary folder. S...

Unable to share folders w/ Outlook and Exchange between users
Hi! I have a Win2K3 SErver with Exchange 2K3 SP2 installed, and a few users set up with their mailbox created. One user needs to have full access to the mails of her boss. I did give her the rights in the AD Users & Computers (User Properties, tab Exchange Advanced, Mailbox Rights button, and so on). Within the Outlook 2003 client of the boss, I gave the assistant the status of delegate (Tools, Options, tab Delegate), and I gave her the full rights on the Mailbox of her boss. When I open her Outlook 2003 client, and try to open the Mailbox of the boss, by doing File, Open, Folder of a...

how get the user for econnect installed
hi, i want to know how can i get the userid who is logged in for eConnect and/that user is authenticated or not?in GP8.0 Regards, Nilotpal ...

ActiveX control in MFC
1.I am using an inhouse developed ActiveX control in MFC application. 2.I created application inserted ActiveX control, created a member variable with that control. 3.I got respective .cpp and .h files in my project. 4.Now am trying to access pointer to that Dialog by using : CAnalysisCtrl* pAnalysisCtrl = (CAnalysisCtrl*)GetDlgItem(IDC_ANALYSISCTRL1); but I could not get valid pointer, it is returning me NULL value in 'pAnalysisCtrl '. ( did all above In visual studio 2003.) Same steps I followed in VC++-6.0, It is working properly. Please let me know why there are diff results ...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

Exchange 5.5 IMS issue
I have one Site with two Exchange 5.5 server, one server function as IMS and one function as the main that stores all mail boxes and public folders. I recently added another server to join the site and added a secondary IMS to the new server. I was able to see the new Internet Mail Service when Im connected to the new server but the new IMS was not visible from the other two servers. Just this morning, the new IMS is missing but yet when I checked the new server the IMS service is still installed and running. E-mail is going accross the new IMS. How do I make the new IMS visible? Any...

MSOffice 2003 .DOC ----->Works9 Word Processor .WPS
Hi, I am a HOME (not a corporate or business) user who has been using MSOffice 2003 and have found the it to be "overkill" (it has too many functions than I don't need) and recently purchased a new W7 system that had Works 9 installed so I thought that I would use the "crippled" Word processor in Works 9 and have encountered a small annoyance. I copied the .DOC files to a new folder and when I opened Works9, I clicked on the folder and tried to open the DOC file but the default extension for Works is .WPS NOT .DOC (which is understandable). So in order ...

Exchange 2003 Full Text Index
Dear all, I have a Exchange 2003 Std Edtn running Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz with 512MB RAM and 80GB of disk space. Exchange store is about 9GB. I also have Trend Micro ScanMail 6.2 and eManager 5.2 installed. When I run the Full Text Index, It is running for 48hours and still running. The CPU utilization is about 10-20 percent but hard disk is reading and writing non-stop. When I view the disk I/O in performance meter it is hitting the roof. The whole system becomes sluggish and user is getting timeout connecting from outlook. Oh, When I pause or stop the population the system will return to alm...

junk mail
I have recently started to receive lots of junk mail. The only thing that these emails have in common is that there is no text in the email body, only a picture (with text in the picture of course!). Is there an Outlook 2003 rule that I can set to mark as junk any email with only picture in the email body. Thanks in advance. Steve Steve_Wood <SteveWood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is > there an Outlook 2003 rule that I can set to mark as junk any email > with only picture in the email body. No. You can't control what the junk mail filter sees as junk. You ...

rules on exchange
I erased all rules in my outlook, but I constantlly receive error in rules. Seems like that there are differences between outlook and exchange in this, some rules are still seted on exchange server. I cannot find any rules on exchange. How can I resolve this problem? Hi Marko, You will need to use the Mdbvu32 tools to view and then delete them if not needed, here is the MS KB article on the procedure: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B320022#appliesto Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "...

Outlook 2003 does not reply with original reply headers indented
I can edit the original message as if it were mine.. My signature and the reply headers don't appear. Tried repair (followed by restart) and also reinstalled Office (followed by restart). Nothing seems to fix the issue. Also a more annoying Outlook crash whenever I send a reply. It almost always crashes and restarts after a reply is sent. Further , I cannot select anything from the drop-downs as they close instantly (like a GIF).. Let me know if you have any clues. ...

installing publisher 2003 on Vista Home Premium
I am trying to install publisher 2003 on my new laptop with Vista Home Premium. After I enter the product keyand tell it to do a typical install, the installation progress screen appears and the process hangs. I end up having to ctl-alt-delete the process. Is there any fix for this? Thanks! Disable your anti-virus software and try again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "larabee" <larabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BF446BE-B9FA-4D51-91CF-8FF16DA37419@microsoft.com... >I ...