failed exchange database restore

Have backed up the "first storage Group", and dilligently
backing up every day,
The server HDD crash lossing everything, had to rebuild
the server from scratch, restored the data OK, but now
come to restore the "mailboxes" but on the right pain of
the backup screen is says no entries! Have looked at
several tapes and on another server using MS backup and
they all say "no entries found" yet there appears to be
backing up the mailboxes. I have followed the instruction
from begining to end and still the restore fails.
Need urgent help as it is Saturday and need to be up and
running by Monday (Australian Std time)
0
kevin6420 (1)

Call PSS. Urgent situations cant be handled effectively in NewGroups.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];CNTACTMS

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 00:31:53 -0700, "Kevin" <kevin@kjhinton.com> wrote:

>Have backed up the "first storage Group", and dilligently
>backing up every day,
>The server HDD crash lossing everything, had to rebuild
>the server from scratch, restored the data OK, but now
>come to restore the "mailboxes" but on the right pain of
>the backup screen is says no entries! Have looked at
>several tapes and on another server using MS backup and
>they all say "no entries found" yet there appears to be
>backing up the mailboxes. I have followed the instruction
>from begining to end and still the restore fails.
>Need urgent help as it is Saturday and need to be up and
>running by Monday (Australian Std time)

0
adavid (8731)
9/4/2004 11:24:36 AM
Don't look for mailboxes, look for Exchange Stores / Databases.

And a valid backup hasn't been made until you've tested the restore process.

"Kevin" <kevin@kjhinton.com> wrote in message
> Have backed up the "first storage Group", and dilligently
> backing up every day,
> The server HDD crash lossing everything, had to rebuild
> the server from scratch, restored the data OK, but now
> come to restore the "mailboxes" but on the right pain of
> the backup screen is says no entries! Have looked at
> several tapes and on another server using MS backup and
> they all say "no entries found" yet there appears to be
> backing up the mailboxes. I have followed the instruction
> from begining to end and still the restore fails.
> Need urgent help as it is Saturday and need to be up and
> running by Monday (Australian Std time)

0
ewoodrick (190)
9/5/2004 11:55:07 PM
"Ed Woodrick" <ewoodrick@ed-nospam-com.com> wrote in message
> Don't look for mailboxes, look for Exchange Stores / Databases.
>
> And a valid backup hasn't been made until you've tested the restore
> process.

Ouch!

-GT

0
GT

RAID 1 or RAID 10 for Exchange 2003
Are there any differences between RAID 1 and RAID 10 for Exchange for performance? We currently have a RAID 5 volumes that has a 80GB Private and 18GB public Databases on one volumes. We were thinking of creating 3 x RAID 10 volumes, so we would split the private Databases into 3. Or 7 x RAID 1 volumes and split the Databases even further (use all our disk slots up). The new disks will go from 10,000 RPM to 15,000 RPM. Our Average Disk sec/write is usually over 20ms and quite often 50ms. Look forward to you suggestions RAID 10 is always going to offer better disk performance, but yo...

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Access databases other than through ODBC?
I'm looking for a way to access databases (i.e., Oracle or MySQL) from Excel. The obvious and current solution is to do this through ODBC. I would prefer a more portable solution as ODBC requires the applicable driver to be registered. My thought would be point to a file within VBA that would allow for this. The reason for this, is for portability - I would like to distribute an Excel file (along with the proper db file) with connectivity to databases that don't have an ODBC driver installed by default (i.e, MySQL). Thank you. Good luck. I'll be watching in hopes you get...

How to tell who is currently logged into Exchange Server 2003
Is there a quick and easy way to see who is currently logged into their mailbox? Thank you. "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a quick and easy way to see who is currently logged into their mailbox? > >Thank you. Look in Exchange System Manager. Drill down to the mailboxes on the navigation pane and view the list in the content pane. You can see the mailbox name, last logged on by person and both the logon and log off times. You can then see who's on the server. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resou...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Exchange 5.5 / SMTP Connector Problem
Here's where I am stuck at. I've got Exchange 5.5 SP4 for a front end and a back end. I have my SMTP Connector on a seperate NT4 Svr. Whenever I enable the SMTP connector, the Queue fills with 1000's of email. Now with that said, I've run the Perfmon on the backend Exchange server when the SMTP connector is on and the MTS-OUT runs nonstop. The CPU on the backend server is running at 97% on the IMC service. If I disable the IMC service, it takes the server a few minutes, but the service does stop and the server returns to normal. My problem is I don't know whe...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

IIS SMTP Exchange Bounced Emails
I have two web servers running IIS5 and SMTP service. These have a domain "123.com". I have an Exchange server with "ABC.com" on it. The web servers are sending emails out to both ABC.com and all of the internet. Some of the emails to the internet get bounced with no real reason. I have tried direct delivery to the internet, through the exchange as smarthost, masqerading as the ABC.com domain and such, but it still happens. Any help? Thanks What's the NDR look like? -- David L. West http://www.deskoptional.com NDR? What do you want to know about it? &q...

Disk space on the exchange
I have a 12GB disk space on my data directory on my exchange. My private edb file is now 9.7 GB. I had my all my user to reduce their mailboxes but I still have not seem a decrease in that .edb file. I have ran the edbutil function to compact the database, still nothing. If someone could give me some suggestion to free up some disk space, it would be very helpful. Thanks You need to do an offline defrag. Just go to google and do a search for: Exchange offline defrag Matt "jlassiter" <jlassiter@nngov.com> wrote in message news:1140a01c3f4bb$8ef15c30$a401280a@phx....

Exchange Backup/Restore
After reading through the Disaster recovery doc for Exchange 2000 and realising that our server was all wrapped up in one as opposed to a seperate Exchange member server and a seperate DC and prob DNS, I realised I would have to backup exchange, DC & DNS data and in the event of a problem restore exchange and DC & DNS datafrom backup, not in that order. My problem with that was 1) I do not have a backup machine that was the same hardware as the current one 2) DC and DNS restoration while viable seemed slow. So I thinking of a way around DC restoration this is just make my "...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

How to purge an Exchange Public Folder ?
Hello, I am trying to purge items from an Exchange 5.5 public folder, 20,000+ items. Deleting them takes waaaay too long. Is there any server function or Outlook function that can purge a public folder? MANY MANY THANKS FOR ANY HELPFUL INFO "Troy Henley" <troyhenley1@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, I am trying to purge items from an Exchange 5.5 >public folder, 20,000+ items. Deleting them takes waaaay >too long. Is there any server function or Outlook function >that can purge a public folder? MANY MANY THANKS FOR ANY >HELPFUL INFO Set the expiry date on the...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

Exchange 5.5 IMS issue
I have one Site with two Exchange 5.5 server, one server function as IMS and one function as the main that stores all mail boxes and public folders. I recently added another server to join the site and added a secondary IMS to the new server. I was able to see the new Internet Mail Service when Im connected to the new server but the new IMS was not visible from the other two servers. Just this morning, the new IMS is missing but yet when I checked the new server the IMS service is still installed and running. E-mail is going accross the new IMS. How do I make the new IMS visible? Any...

when reply getting old exchange server 5.5 GAL addresses
We upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server in a new domain from Exchange 5.5 on an NT 4 domain. We exported the user's emails to a pst file and imported them into their new account on the exchange 2003 server. Now users get undeliverable messages when replying to email sent before the upgrade. The problem doesn't occur when users manually select the same addresses from the Global Address List. It looks like the clients are pulling old Exchange Server 5.5 addresses. How can I update our Exchange clients to use the new addresses in the new GAL? I do not want to make my users manually remo...

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

rules on exchange
I erased all rules in my outlook, but I constantlly receive error in rules. Seems like that there are differences between outlook and exchange in this, some rules are still seted on exchange server. I cannot find any rules on exchange. How can I resolve this problem? Hi Marko, You will need to use the Mdbvu32 tools to view and then delete them if not needed, here is the MS KB article on the procedure: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B320022#appliesto Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "...

Exchange 2003 Full Text Index
Dear all, I have a Exchange 2003 Std Edtn running Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz with 512MB RAM and 80GB of disk space. Exchange store is about 9GB. I also have Trend Micro ScanMail 6.2 and eManager 5.2 installed. When I run the Full Text Index, It is running for 48hours and still running. The CPU utilization is about 10-20 percent but hard disk is reading and writing non-stop. When I view the disk I/O in performance meter it is hitting the roof. The whole system becomes sluggish and user is getting timeout connecting from outlook. Oh, When I pause or stop the population the system will return to alm...

How to set up relationship query for minerals database
Good morning everyone, I'm using Access 2003 and am working on a minerals database. The main table has a field COM_MIN (common minerals) which shows the minerals occurring at a particular location e.g. ID Lat Long Com_Min 123 -27.5 148.66 scheelite, gypsum, galena My next table has individual minerals and their properties ID MINERAL Density Streak etc 257 Scheelite 7.2 Gray 1286 Gypsum 2.6 White 44 Galena 6.7 ...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

How do I tell what service pack is installed on Exchange 2003?
How do I tell what service pack is installed on Exchange 2003? Open the ESM, drill down to the server in question, highlight it, right click and select properties, you should see the build level and sp on that page. hth, Kris. "David A. Beck" <davidb@beckb.com> wrote in message news:OinC7JvEGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I tell what service pack is installed on Exchange 2003? > > Open the ESM, drill down to the server in question, highlight it, right click and select properties, you should see the build level and sp on that page. hth, Kris. "D...

OL 2003 and Exchange 5.5
I'm setting up a new workstation w/ Office 2003 and having problems connecting to our exchange server (5.5) When setting up the account in OL, it changes to name of the server to our external SMTP address name 'mail.mullenlaw.com' - then it doesn't work. When trying to connect, I control right-clicked the OL icon to check the connection status and it indicated the server as a Directory (not mail). Eventually (I walked away from it), it connected to our exchange server, but it keeps losing the connection. In the connection status window it even changed the server to our intern...

Operation Failed error
When I attempt to send a worksheet via email (Outlook 2000) I get "Operation Failed" error. Any ideas? ...

Cannot Connect to Exchange 2003
I have just completed an Exchange2003 installation and everything went fine. I am able to connect to Exhange with the Outlook Web Access client and with Outlook Express. However when I try to add an Outlook 2003 clent i get the following error "The name could not be resolved. The Bookmark is Invalid" I have check AD and DNS and everything is worjing correctly. Please Help Thanks Rick Alain, Thanks for the help but I cannot seem to find the post you are refering to. I have search all newsgroupps with no results. Please Advise Thanks Again, Rick >-----Original Mess...

Report Load Failed
when i deploy my project, crystel report have an error "report load failed".This project made in C# desktop application 2008. In solution, there is no error beacuse the crystel report path work well in solution but no well in deployment. ...