Extract Email Address from mail queue - Urgent

Hi

Recently I have performed a mass email (about 500) that accidentally jam the
outgoing service. To recover the outgoing service, I have to freeze the SMTP
mail queue. But now I need to know which are the email addresses that are
successfully sent or not send. Thus I would like to know how can I extract
this email addresses from the exchange server. By the way I am using
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.

Appreciate if anybody can share their experience. Thanks.
0
Brenda1 (81)

Not sure how 500 messages would "jam" the outgoing queue unless they had an
attachment.  500 messages is a cakewalk for Exchange.

As far as the outgoing queues, are you referring to Disabling Outgoing
e-mail?  Or did you select individual remote domains and choose to freeze
them?

To tell which messages haven't been delivered, you would highlight the
remote domain, then choose Find Messages (right-click context menu) or
simply doubleclick on queue name.

You can further find the messages that were successfully delivered by going
to the Message Tracking Center.  Assuming all the messages were sent from
the same e-mail address, just search for that.  Of course, this does assume
that you have Message Tracking turned on (not on by default).

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Recently I have performed a mass email (about 500) that accidentally jam
> the
> outgoing service. To recover the outgoing service, I have to freeze the
> SMTP
> mail queue. But now I need to know which are the email addresses that are
> successfully sent or not send. Thus I would like to know how can I extract
> this email addresses from the exchange server. By the way I am using
> Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
>
> Appreciate if anybody can share their experience. Thanks.

0
Ben
4/4/2005 4:16:06 PM
Thanks for your reply. But is there a way to extract just the email address
only becoz we need to resend those unsucessful email. Or is there a tool or
utility that able to do so.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Not sure how 500 messages would "jam" the outgoing queue unless they had an
> attachment.  500 messages is a cakewalk for Exchange.
>
> As far as the outgoing queues, are you referring to Disabling Outgoing
> e-mail?  Or did you select individual remote domains and choose to freeze
> them?
>
> To tell which messages haven't been delivered, you would highlight the
> remote domain, then choose Find Messages (right-click context menu) or
> simply doubleclick on queue name.
>
> You can further find the messages that were successfully delivered by going
> to the Message Tracking Center.  Assuming all the messages were sent from
> the same e-mail address, just search for that.  Of course, this does assume
> that you have Message Tracking turned on (not on by default).
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Recently I have performed a mass email (about 500) that accidentally jam
> > the
> > outgoing service. To recover the outgoing service, I have to freeze the
> > SMTP
> > mail queue. But now I need to know which are the email addresses that are
> > successfully sent or not send. Thus I would like to know how can I extract
> > this email addresses from the exchange server. By the way I am using
> > Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
> >
> > Appreciate if anybody can share their experience. Thanks.

0
Brenda1 (81)

finding old emails
i can't seem to find all my old emails in my in box is ther a way to track them down? thanks peter If you go to View | Current View (or View | Arrange By | Current View if you're using Outlook 2003), is it set to Messages? If so, you should be seeing all of your messages, as there is no filter set by default on the Messages view. If you added a filter, you can remove it by resetting the view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:ets%236Xa...

No mail receive
Hi, I cant receive any email from my exchange server, but I can send email, why? (platform: Exchange server 2003 entreprise edition and Windows 2003 entreprise edition) *No error message displayed when I click the "Send/Receive" button. Thanks We're going to need some more information, Brian. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brian" <brianhk@prosticks.com> wrote in message news:ua8RBWDsFHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I cant receive any email from my exchange server, but I can...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

Case Email Template
It seems that I am encountering a problem with data fields displaying the wrong information in my outgoing email when using an email template. It seems as if the customer information (customer/contact) is being displayed in place of the user/owner information. For example, a customer (Rep1) issues a ticket and the owner of the ticket, Kate, is assigned. In the outgoing email to the customer stating that an case has been assigned and to whom it is assigned is displaying the customer information instead of the owner. Saying to contact Kate and giving Kate's email when I state t...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

Adding email addresses to contacts contained within an email message
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3F079.723AEFC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of either a macro or utility that would update all = email recipients contained in the body of an email message to the = contacts? TIA, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3F079.723AEFC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

problems creating a archive file to archive old emails
Hello everybody I have enable the option to archive old emails to clean up the inbox the "big deal" is that before it I change the file name from archive6.pst (default) to outlook_archive.pst and I run partially the process. And now when I run the archive option start creating me a archive6 file (when half of the archiving is already done in the other file) I notice that they are two places where to maintain the archive file name (?) :: File -> Archive -> Archive file Tools -> options -> other -> AutoArchive -> Defaulst folder settings for archiving ->...

Outlook 2003 Email Select Names Type name or select from list
New Message: When I try to use the Select Names - Type name or select from list in an Email New Message, the search is not as expected. For example, I enter the Name Smith, and the selection will be another name starting with S, but not Smith. This Address was from Outlook Express and worked fine there. Thank you. Please describe more completely what you are doing. Perhaps you are using autocompletion instead of autoresolution. You didn't provide enough details for us to tell. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "nsnews.microsoft.com" <nfn02958@naples.net> wrote in message...

Message in queue for local domain
I have three exchange servers, one un used. The Primary is 2003 SP2 and second 2000 latest patch's. Both are Global Catalog Servers. I walk in, in the morning to see 2 messages stuck in queue, on 2000 at the other site (connected via site-to-site T-1). This message was sent at 4:53PM the previous day. It was in "retry" status. I had Diag. Logging enabled on the server. "MSexchangeTransport 4000" - "Message delivery to the remote domain 'julie.esmithgroup.com' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.&quo...

Email account question
I am new to Outlook having recently switched my email from AOL to Outlook 2003. I have set up a primary and 3 secondary email addresses, but all of the incoming emails are all going to the same inbox. Don't each of the email addresses have their own mailbox? It seems odd that everyones emails should all be coming to the same box. Is this the way Outlook works, or am I doing something wrong? Have looked all over the "help" section but can find no answers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, RC. You can use rules or Search Folders to move messages to separate folders. --...

verifying microsoft email accound
how do I get into my microsoft email account to verify it ...

Can�t open some mail in Exchange 2003
Hi! I�m using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 and 2003 I have some mail that I can�t open, I get the error "Can�t open this item, The operation failed." I can view, delete or take backup on the mails. I have tried to resote an old backup, the I get two mails with the exact same name, I can open the restored mail, but still not the orginal. How can I delete the bad mails? Is their a tool to check all the mailboxes for errors in Exchange 2003. Best regards Joakim Sweden ISINTEG will help you. Make sure that you have usable backup before you start. Jocke wrote: > Hi! > &g...

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

secure email setup (digital signatures)
Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions on setting up secure email in Outlook 2000? I need to setup certificates so that email can be digitally signed by some of my users and so that these users can verify authenticity of the senders of some of their emails. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks. Will your site be acquiring certificates from an online authority like Verisign/Thawte or going with an internal certificate authority? The later introduces issues of its own since the public will not know about your internal certificate authority. In any event, ...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

Can't add more addresses in OL 2000
I'm trying to add 3 more email addresses to the existing 6 in my current list. They seem to be added ok, the POP3 and SMTP servers are correct, the Username and Passwords are correct in the setup and I can send mail from any of the new addresses. What I cannot do is get OL to download existing mail from the server. I know the mail is there because I can log on to the ISP's mail program and see it. When I use Tools, Send/Receive, none of the new mail accounts are listed in the box, only the previous 6. When I went back to Tools and deleted one of the original 6, it still shows up un...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

Email Subject GUID to Email Header
I have the understanding that there is a patch which, rather than removing the GUID from the email completely, move the GUID from the subject line to the email header. After scouring the microsoft site and being unable to find this anywhere, I should be very grateful if someone would point me in the right direction and help to convince me that I've not made this up... or worse dreamt it... Thankyou in advance ...

AutoSave Email on Reply?
Anyone know how to auto save an email address to your address book when you reply to it? Outlook 2000 had it but I can't find it in 2002? Thanks! Eric This options only was in Outlook 2000 installed in IMO mode. For all other versions you'll need an Add-in from Sperry Software; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Add-Email-Address.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

Unresponsive email
I can open my Outlook & see my emails. But the emails won't open and I get message Outlook not responding? How can I correct this? ...

Duplicate mail
Help, Several of our users have been receiving duplicate mail from all different locations; even the people that are cc on the e-mail will keep getting the same messages over and over again along with the intended recipient. This will caused stored problems in the near future, has anyone seen this before and if so what can be done about this? ...

OWA Junk Mail Error
I am receiving the following error for one user when they log into OWA on Exchange 2003: An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. This also grays out most message buttons on the OWA toolbar until she leaves that folder and comes back. She has no junk email filters set anywhere. ...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...