External messages problem

Hi all,

I have this problem with a customer,
they have an Exchange 2003 Server (SBS2003).
The external mailboxes resides on the ISP so they download messages to
internal mailboxes through POP3 connector.
This works fine but we see 2 problems:

1) When an internal user wants to send messages to an external user the mail
is sended with the "reply-to" pointing to the internal mailbox (not
resolvable from internet), so when the external user wants to reply and
sends the email the address is not recongnized and the email bounces.

2) If we change the "reply-to" to match the external email addresses we
resolve problem 1 but internal email is sended anytime through the internet
regardless of been internal delivery.

Any clue will be appreciated :)

Dan.-

0
dnw (9)

In news:%23nO7NNDpGHA.504@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
DNW <dnw@hotmail.com> typed:
> Hi all,
>
> I have this problem with a customer,
> they have an Exchange 2003 Server (SBS2003).
> The external mailboxes resides on the ISP so they download messages to
> internal mailboxes through POP3 connector.
> This works fine but we see 2 problems:
>
> 1) When an internal user wants to send messages to an external user
> the mail is sended with the "reply-to" pointing to the internal
> mailbox (not resolvable from internet), so when the external user
> wants to reply and sends the email the address is not recongnized and
> the email bounces.
> 2) If we change the "reply-to" to match the external email addresses
> we resolve problem 1 but internal email is sended anytime through the
> internet regardless of been internal delivery.
>
> Any clue will be appreciated :)
>
> Dan.-

Hmmm. #2 doesn't make sense to me - the recipient policy on the server
should most likely be set up with yourdomain.com as the primary SMTP address
for all your users...and internal won't get delivered 'through the internet'
if Exchange knows it's responsible for that domain.

That said, since you're using the POP connector (which is part of SBS, not
Exchange) I suggest you post in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs for more
specific help. POP connectors are not recommended - I suggest you consider
switching to direct SMTP delivery if at all possible.

0
lanwench (7567)

SBS Backup problem
Hi, I have a customer box - SBS2003. The overnight backup is just failing, the logs say nothing. A manual backup works fine. The entry in the log is below: "11/02/2010 23:30 ------------------------------- Date: 11/02/2010 Time: 23:30 User: SYSTEM ------------------------------- Backup Runner started. Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS Backup created on 11/02/2010 at 23:30" /v:yes /r:no /rs:no /hc:off /m normal /j "Small Busines...

Trying to leave copy of message on server
Hi, I run Outlook 2002 on 2 computers. When I check the box to "leave a copy of message on the server" (for retrieval on the other computer as well), it unchecks itself when I exit Outlook. Happens on both computers. Any help is appreciated. TIA, Greg ...

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

Check Message Content in Exchange 2003
Hi All, I know that I can track a Mesage by a user etc using the Tracking on Exchange 2003. My Manager use to have a job that ran in 5.5 that searched the content of mail so we could track any possible racist, pornographic etc etc I know there is the *.log file that we can search for subjects etc. Is there anything I can do or can anyone pointing me in the right direction on finding something. Apoligies if this has been answered but i haven't found it. Thanks Mark ...

New Message Window
WLM version 14.0.8089.0726. ( Win 7 Starter ) Just installed it on my netbook and it's running nicely , except that each new message window is maximized. If I restore down , it resizes correctly , but I can't set it to the preferred size and have it re open that way ? I thought perhaps , it might be auto maximizing because of the new feature in Win 7 ( sorry , forgot the name ) where dragging a window to the top will maximize it. I resized the main WLM window to less than desktop size , created a new message , and once again , got a maximized window. I should ad...

Error message #98
I can't save and close in Calendar and Contacts in Outlook 2003. When I try I get an error message (not telling any reason) and Outlook closes. I think something interferes with Outlook, but what? Do you have any Add Ins, COMs, synchronization software (for a handheld for example)? -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "kuwaha" wrote: > I can't save and close in Calendar and Contacts in Outlook 2003. > When I try I get an error message (not tel...

Finding message from message ID
Hi, Win2000 server, Exch2000 both with latest patches. I am getting Event ID 1101 every night during defrag. Text: Error 0x8004010f occurred on message 1-20CEE4 during a background cleanup on database "Main\Mailbox Store (BOND)". Looking at the relevant KBs this appears to be a missing attachment or similar, and could be cleared up using ISINTEG. However it is only one message and it isn't causing a problem, I'm not keen to run ISINTEG which carries some (albeit small) risk to the DB and could take several hours to run. Is there a way of determining which message carries...

Clear a sender so that messages are not quarantined
I have an external contact on a project and when he sends messages they are quarantined. I've clicked on the wrong link in the quarantine notification to clear the user and instead have just released the messages. How can I otherwise verify this source? On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:31:28 -0700, silsbeel <silsbeel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an external contact on a project and when he sends messages they are >quarantined. I've clicked on the wrong link in the quarantine notification >to clear the user and instead have just released the messages....

In Outlook how do I get the Inbox to be above the mail message?
I just had Outlook 2003 installed on my computer & now the Inbox & mail messages are vertical. I would like them to be horizontal with the Inbox above the messages. I'm sure this is simple but I can't find how to do it. Thanks. Ewheeler wrote: > I just had Outlook 2003 installed on my computer & now the Inbox & mail > messages are vertical. I would like them to be horizontal with the Inbox > above the messages. I'm sure this is simple but I can't find how to do it. > Thanks. go to view, reading pane and select bottom... AL ...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Network problem
I have Access 2000 on a peer to peer network on Windows XP with the back end on my colleague's computer. Until ten days ago I could open a form linked to the back end from my computer, but now I always get the message 'It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. ' I have found that the problem does not apply to other programs such as Word and Excel, and when I tried opening another mdb in a different folder I got a message that it is outside my intranet or on an untrusted site.. I have raised this before and was advised to look...

Excel Error Message #4
I use Excel 2000. Getting an error message while trying to do a simple sort ?? 'This Operation Requires The Merged Cells To Be Identically Sized' --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Krispy One (or more) of your cells must be merged with others. Generally, try to avoid using merged cells as it does cause problems such as this. Your best bet is to unmerge the cells concerned and try again. Select the whole range, and go to Format / Cells / Alignment and clear the Merge Cells option. Andy. "Krispy >" <<Krispy.1027a6@excelforum-nospam.com> wrot...

How do I avoid this problem with rule?
I have a rule that looks for "hot" in the subject and moves that message to a spam folder. The problem is that if photo is in the subject, the rule sees "hot" in the word photo and moves the message. How can I tell the rule to look for complete words? Thanks, Brett Depending on the version of Outlook, you may be able to use the Exception rule. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Brett <myaccount@cygen.com> asked: | I have a rule that looks for ...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Word Error Message: word cannot start the convertor msw rd63.wpc
Using Word 2002 SP3 Office10 on XP Home. I got the above message when I tried to open a document I had created and saved to my documents. I click ok and word opens but the document is blank. Its also shows as blank in my documents. Help please -- maur Hi Maur, These errors occur after installing the KB973904 security update. Apparently, uninstalling that update will fix the problem. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "maur50" <maur50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D59331B1-A309-41AA-BD4F-AB3C8F1F7493@microsoft.com... > Usin...

Problem with XmlSerializer
When i make a call to XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); I get this error Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key what is the cause of this? <jw56578@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1126047360.427054.306130@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When i make a call to > > XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); > I get this error > Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key > > what is the cause of this? > Don't use a string...use an object XmlSerializer xs = new XmlS...

external access to companyweb not working
Page cannot be displayed. using sbs2k3 with all of the latest service packs, sharepoint, exchange, etc. rww and owa seem to be working fine. https://www.domainname.com:444 not working (internally nor externally) http://companyweb/default.aspx works fine. ran and reran the internet connection wizard, checked all settings in iis, port numbers, etc. I've read and re-read all of the past solutions provided and this is not working for me. Does https;// ipaddress/companyweb work? Ports 4125 444 and 443 open on the router? Tami "Steve" wrote: > ...

OWA 2003 Not Receiving New Messages
We've recently brought up our new Exchange 2003 server and have migrated a few test users from our Exchange 2000 Server for testing. While testing OWA in Exchange 2003 we've discovered that users don't get new messages in OWA when the come in unless they press the "Check for New Messages" button. I've gone into the OWA Administration utility and confirmed that the check new messages polling interval is set to the default 2 minutes but still no luck. Any ideas on what could be the problem? that's the way OWA works. it doesn't automatically refresh the v...

Need Guidance on solving this problem....
Q i. John Smith, the research manager for marketing at the Chevrolet Division of the General Motors Corporation, has specified the following general demand function for Chevrolets in the United States: QC = f(PC, N, I, PF, PG, A, PI) Where QC is the quantity demanded of Chevrolets per year, PC is the price of Chevrolets, N is population, I is disposable income, PF is the price of Ford automobiles, PG is the price of gasoline, A is the amount of advertising for Chevrolets, and PI is credit incentives to purchase Chevrolets. Indicate whether you expect each independent or exp...

IM ERROR MESSAGE
I need help urgently I need to add a destination and is giving this message. Number: 430 Call Stack: BrowserControl.DisplayLHS BrowserControl.RefreshBrowser frmAddSourceAndDest.ILookupManager_GetDisplayName MenuAction.IntegrationAddQuery MainMod.TimerCallbackMenFunction ...

External Hard drive 11-29-09
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim Brown(jbrown15@hvc.rr.com This one looks good - good price too: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3098104&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1260291- PS: use free Macrium ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp ) for imaging. It is easy to use, fast and works really well. -- whs For 1-2TB drives check: www.ecost.com ...

Undeliverable messages #4
I seem to have developed a problem with sending messages ... Every so often, seemingly randomly, I compose a message and send it in the normal way only to observe it sitting in the Outbox whilst Outlook attempts to send it. This continues for a few minutes and then I receive an undeliverable message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxxx@yyyy.com' on 22/11/2007 22:44 451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error XXX YYY on 22/11/2007 22:44 451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. "Terry Bennett" wrote in message...

Sending ReOccurring message
How would I send a re occurring message automatically every other Friday ...