External Mail Problem #2

I have a user who is using Outlook 2000 within an Exchange 2003 environment.
It seems that this user cannot send any external mail. The user always gets
the following NDR back...

"No route was found for this recipient server. Please contact your system
administrator. <fqdn of server #5.4.4>"

Everyone else in the organization can send/receive external mail fine. I
have verified that the external address is correct as I was able to
send/receive a message to that address.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
0
Jeff1 (635)

Could it be that the user is on separate server?
Or is setup with Internet Mail (and not Exchange Server) service in his
mail profile?
What is he/she tries OWA?
What does message tracking say about messages that user sends?

--
Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)
5/8/2006 5:18:26 PM
-- Since you said this person is the only one, it can not be Routing Group
Connector
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284204
Couple, quick things I would do if I were you
if you are the Exchange admin
Set this user profile to your own workstation and
Try to send e-mail out, are you having same problem?
This will tell you if the problem is machine specific or a tight into an
application on the client side (Outlook, or some other program)
If you are still having problems, check the user SMTP addresses, is there
any un normal address there?

*Backup E-mail export to Pst*
Delete the mail box,
Create anew mailbox
Now can you sent to this person,
If your answer is yes, import the e-mail back to this new mailbox.

Export e-mail deletes the mail box, from a user

If you are having problem related to user AD account, and if you can effort
the delete the AD account, (Write down the membership and all other info) and
hopefully SID Id is not tight into any other thing.
Than go a head and Delete the account
Re create the account WITHOUT the mail box
Go to

ESM
Run cleanup agent
You will see the mail box with red X
Make a right click and
Reconnect
Locate the user you have just created (same user but SID id is new)
Connect the mailbox
Try to send e-mails to see if it is working or not.????

Good Luck
Oz

Best regards, Good Luck
Oz Ozugurlu
____________________________
MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
Http://www.msexchange911.org
Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)

"Jeff" wrote:

> I have a user who is using Outlook 2000 within an Exchange 2003 environment.
> It seems that this user cannot send any external mail. The user always gets
> the following NDR back...
>
> "No route was found for this recipient server. Please contact your system
> administrator. <fqdn of server #5.4.4>"
>
> Everyone else in the organization can send/receive external mail fine. I
> have verified that the external address is correct as I was able to
> send/receive a message to that address.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
0
oz952 (210)
5/8/2006 5:29:01 PM
I've tried using Outlook (as this user) from my workstation and it was
unsuccessful. And I know that the SMTP address is correct because I was able
to send to it using my account.

The only difference between my account and the other user is that our
mailboxes exist on different servers. I even tried moving the user's mailbox
to the same store as my account and was STILL unsuccessful.

"oz@msexchange911.org" wrote:

> -- Since you said this person is the only one, it can not be Routing Group
> Connector
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284204
> Couple, quick things I would do if I were you
> if you are the Exchange admin
> Set this user profile to your own workstation and
> Try to send e-mail out, are you having same problem?
> This will tell you if the problem is machine specific or a tight into an
> application on the client side (Outlook, or some other program)
> If you are still having problems, check the user SMTP addresses, is there
> any un normal address there?
>
> *Backup E-mail export to Pst*
> Delete the mail box,
> Create anew mailbox
> Now can you sent to this person,
> If your answer is yes, import the e-mail back to this new mailbox.
>
> Export e-mail deletes the mail box, from a user
>

> If you are having problem related to user AD account, and if you can effort
> the delete the AD account, (Write down the membership and all other info) and
> hopefully SID Id is not tight into any other thing.
> Than go a head and Delete the account
> Re create the account WITHOUT the mail box
> Go to
>
> ESM
> Run cleanup agent
> You will see the mail box with red X
> Make a right click and
> Reconnect
> Locate the user you have just created (same user but SID id is new)
> Connect the mailbox
> Try to send e-mails to see if it is working or not.????
>

> Good Luck
> Oz
>

> Best regards, Good Luck
> Oz Ozugurlu
> ____________________________
> MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
> Http://www.msexchange911.org
> Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)
>

> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > I have a user who is using Outlook 2000 within an Exchange 2003 environment.
> > It seems that this user cannot send any external mail. The user always gets
> > the following NDR back...
> >
> > "No route was found for this recipient server. Please contact your system
> > administrator. <fqdn of server #5.4.4>"
> >
> > Everyone else in the organization can send/receive external mail fine. I
> > have verified that the external address is correct as I was able to
> > send/receive a message to that address.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated!
0
Jeff1 (635)

i can receieve emails on my windows mail but cant send them
this is the error message iam getting. Any ideas. thank you. Subject 'Id for Mr Sahpaz ref 11487873/01', Account: 'mail.robertandrobert.co.uk', Server: 'mail.robertandrobert.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: 'rblsmtpd: 78.146.167.128 pid 16008: 451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=78.146.167.128', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC60 ...

Outlook 2003 rules and junk mail problem
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, and I have a rule that moves email sent to a particular address to a particular folder other than the inbox. The problem is that when this rule is active, the junk mail filter does not work. If I uncheck this rule the junk mail is filtered, but mail isn't moved to the correct folders. Does anyone know how to fix this? On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:49:41 -0800, "dnank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, and I have a rule >that moves email sent to a particular address to a >par...

mail blocked?
Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. Any ideas as to why??????? Thanks No, any details on what mail client you are using and any error messages? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Pat <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended | by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. | Any ideas as to why??????? | | Thanks ...

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

How do print multiple mail merge documents on one page?
I have an invitation that I want to print onto expensive paper. I can get 3 to a page. How can I get the mail merge facility to print different names on each of the 3 invites that occur on the same page? Rachel <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have an invitation that I want to print onto expensive paper. I can > get 3 to a page. How can I get the mail merge facility to print > different names on each of the 3 invites that occur on the same page? You might start by reading the tutorial here: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tab...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

Mail;box permissions on Exchange 5.5
Hi, Hope someone can help, I'm sure this is an easy problem, but it is giving me a hard time. What I want to do is to be able to open other peoples mailboxes from Outlook when I am logged on at the server, I can not set the permission from the client (outlook) side, but I do have access to the Microsoft exchange admin program, but when I set the permission here it says "no inbox can be found", I am logging on as the administrator. Thanks Ging Ging, You need to login as the Exchange Service account! -- Thanks Dave [MCP, MCSE} me@davidchadwick.com http://www.davidchad...

In Outlook how do I get the Inbox to be above the mail message?
I just had Outlook 2003 installed on my computer & now the Inbox & mail messages are vertical. I would like them to be horizontal with the Inbox above the messages. I'm sure this is simple but I can't find how to do it. Thanks. Ewheeler wrote: > I just had Outlook 2003 installed on my computer & now the Inbox & mail > messages are vertical. I would like them to be horizontal with the Inbox > above the messages. I'm sure this is simple but I can't find how to do it. > Thanks. go to view, reading pane and select bottom... AL ...

Mail merge to e-mail recipients with a constant CC addressee ...
I need to send out a mass email that is automatically copied to my supervisor. The e-mail has to come from me but ... what is the procedure (if it is possible?) to ensure that my supervisor is included in the CC: field in each individual e-mail? Thanks in advance for your help! Sharon R Sharon, Are you saying that you want your supervisor to receive 5,280 (exageration for emphasis) copies of the same message? I suggest that you simply include the supervisor in the data base of recipients for the mail merge. "Sharon R." <SharonR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Money 2003 Passport problems
For the last 3 weeks or so, I have been unable to signin to Money 2003 Deluxe with my Passport account. It just says the sign-in attempt was unsuccessful, Please try your username and password again. I know i'm using the right username and password because I can sign in to passport anywhere else. Any idears? That is the case for me for months. I always wanted to ask the question... My workaround is to logging on with the option "don't use on-line features" "Russ" <russ@removemeruss.net> wrote in message news:3fa2a9e9.534546687@news-server.houston.rr.com....

Exchange 5.5
Hi, I am looking to incorporate the imsext.dll to our Exchange 5.5 setup in order to allow us to append a legal disclaimer at the bottom of all outgoing emails (as described in KB 258206 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028). I don't own a copy of the Backoffice Resource Kit, however KB 185028 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028 ) indicates that I can download the "Internet Mail Connector Extension" from "Microsoft's World Wide Web server", with, of course, no links provided. I have seen this DLL posted...

how to add smiley face in script of e-mail
Like this :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "freemarket" <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21921811-FB9E-4494-A4D1-13BD668B10F5@microsoft.com... > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:37:02 -0700, freemarket <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Nothing at all. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Network problem
I have Access 2000 on a peer to peer network on Windows XP with the back end on my colleague's computer. Until ten days ago I could open a form linked to the back end from my computer, but now I always get the message 'It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. ' I have found that the problem does not apply to other programs such as Word and Excel, and when I tried opening another mdb in a different folder I got a message that it is outside my intranet or on an untrusted site.. I have raised this before and was advised to look...

How do I avoid this problem with rule?
I have a rule that looks for "hot" in the subject and moves that message to a spam folder. The problem is that if photo is in the subject, the rule sees "hot" in the word photo and moves the message. How can I tell the rule to look for complete words? Thanks, Brett Depending on the version of Outlook, you may be able to use the Exception rule. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Brett <myaccount@cygen.com> asked: | I have a rule that looks for ...

How to open 2 profiles in outlook at the same time
Trying to figure if there is a way to open 2 mailboxes in outlook at the same time. 2 seperate profiles. Have 2 separate windows opened with 2 different mailboxes running. "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E85C367-02C1-4FD1-8731-2DC0F447D5DB@microsoft.com... > Trying to figure if there is a way to open 2 mailboxes in outlook at the > same > time. 2 seperate profiles. Have 2 separate windows opened with 2 different > mailboxes running. You can't unless you are using two separate Users and are logged on as each at ...

Outgoing CRM mail badly assigned
Hello, In this CRM, all users are duplicated as contacts to be able to incorporate them in mailing lists. But when they send from outlook an email which is tracked in CRM, the mail activity is created and badly attributed, its seems that it goes to the first user in users list. Anybody having encountered this ? Any idea on reasons ? Thanks CS. ------=_NextPart_0001_0C7171A2 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi and thanks for the post. This is Mike responding. Thank you for your post. It is not recommended to enter the same email address in the CRM system t...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Norton Antispam and Outlook problem
I just installed Office 2003 and Norton Internet Security 2004, which includes Norton Antispam 2004. From time to time, when I open Outlook, I get a Runtime Error, and Outlook shutdown, then, When I open Outlook again, I get an error with Outlook and the Norton Antispam Bar Plugin, and asks me to disable the Antispam Bar. I answer NO to it. If I answer yes, the Norton Antispam bar never shows up again, and I have to restore Office Settings to bring it back. Anyone having a similar problem? I have searched Symantec and Microsoft Knowledge data bases but I found nothing.... Thanks, mac...

Cannot attach files to new e-mails??
Office 97sr2 installed, installed Outlook 2000. Since installing Outlook 2000, I'm unable to attach files to a new e-mail. The problem is only on 1 pc! I get an error which says "out of memory or system resources. close some windows or programs and try again" Have tried the following with no success - created new outlook profile - increased page file size - uninstalled office97 & outlook 2000 - service pack pc (winnt 4 workstation) - ran reg clean - reinstalled office97 (without outlook97) into new directory - installed outlook 2000 into new directory - tried logging in as...

Windows Live mail
Every two or so nights I back up my files using Back-up feature of Vista. This is done to an external disk. Due to prying fingers deleting some important e-mails, I now wish to restore from that back up disk. I can find no information on how to identify, select and restore Windows Live Mail e-mails. Can anyone help please. By the way for any Microsoft people on here. I am a reasonably intelligent computer literate individual who has worked for many years in the IT consultancy industry. While I have my limitations - see above question - I am usually able to navigate t...

Outlook 2003 junk email filtering #2
I am using Outlook 2003 on a XP Pro machine using fast user switching. The computer is logged onto 2 different accounts at all times and Outlook 2K3 is running under both logins at all times and downloading mail from several POP3 accounts (some in common as mail is left on the server,) I find that when Outlook is successfully filtering out Junk Mail under one of the logon accounts, the other account puts all mail in the inbox. Since mail is downloaded from the same POP3 account in some cases, one account puts the received junk mail in the junk mail folder but the other puts it in the...

Can't send e-mail or access to my Inbox e-mails.
This is the error message that I get when I tried to send an e-mail: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.gcgroup.co.uk', Server: 'send.one.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please let me know what do I have to do. Thanks! Regards, Jannie Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down ...

send e-mail formated
to send e-mail in the format of a table. With tabulations Inside of the body of the e-mail How do I do? Frank Dulk wrote: > to send e-mail in the format of a table. With tabulations > Inside of the body of the e-mail > How do I do? You cannot do this with the built in SendObject function. You would need to automate an external messaging library like Outlook or CDO that supports an HTML formatted message body. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com You would have an example for me to have the initial steps. &quo...