External Mail addresses with same domain name

We have some POP3 mail account that are hosted remotely,
however they have the same domain name as the internal
addresses.  Therefore the problem is that when internal
users try and send to the external users exchange sends
back an error saying address not found, unstead of
sending it external.  In 5.5 you could setup an external
User and it worked fine, but in 2003 it doesn't work the
same. Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74721)

In Exchange 2000 you can configure SMTP servers with the option to
forward messages with unresolved recipient names (within the same
domain) to a specific host or IP address. That host would be the smtp
relay of your external mail supplier.

Employee Name change affects AD, Business Portal and GP
Anyone have a good process to follow when an employee changes their last name? The IT department has changed her name in AD and now portal is broken, I suspect I can simply delete and recreate the account in Portal and all the underlying transactions (timesheets and expense reports) will stay linked. For PDK and GP we've included part of the last name in the ID so we'll need to go with the Professional Services tool to fix that. Is there a recommended order to do all this or am I missing anything? ...

i can receieve emails on my windows mail but cant send them
this is the error message iam getting. Any ideas. thank you. Subject 'Id for Mr Sahpaz ref 11487873/01', Account: 'mail.robertandrobert.co.uk', Server: 'mail.robertandrobert.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: 'rblsmtpd: 78.146.167.128 pid 16008: 451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=78.146.167.128', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC60 ...

Outlook 2003 rules and junk mail problem
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, and I have a rule that moves email sent to a particular address to a particular folder other than the inbox. The problem is that when this rule is active, the junk mail filter does not work. If I uncheck this rule the junk mail is filtered, but mail isn't moved to the correct folders. Does anyone know how to fix this? On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:49:41 -0800, "dnank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, and I have a rule >that moves email sent to a particular address to a >par...

mail blocked?
Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. Any ideas as to why??????? Thanks No, any details on what mail client you are using and any error messages? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Pat <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended | by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. | Any ideas as to why??????? | | Thanks ...

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

How to Sort Invalid Email Addresses?
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid email addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have those particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so that I can go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted. Which formula would work best for this project? Thanks for your help. Best regards, victor try data filter data>filter>autofilter>custom>doesnotcontain @ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "la90292" <la90292@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ldWFf....

how do i unblock a web address that is sent in an email
when i click on it it takes me to MY DOCUMENTS where all my folders are....rather than to the website Is the dialog called "Locate Link Browser"? Point it to IEXPLORE>EXE or reset your default browser in Windows. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/8 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "francisriley" <francisriley@discussions.mic...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

How do print multiple mail merge documents on one page?
I have an invitation that I want to print onto expensive paper. I can get 3 to a page. How can I get the mail merge facility to print different names on each of the 3 invites that occur on the same page? Rachel <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have an invitation that I want to print onto expensive paper. I can > get 3 to a page. How can I get the mail merge facility to print > different names on each of the 3 invites that occur on the same page? You might start by reading the tutorial here: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tab...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

In Excel- change the order of a name? Bill Gates to Gates, Bill
What is the formula for changing the order of a name? Assume your name is in cell A1: =CONCATENATE(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-SEARCH(" ",A1)),", ",LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1))) -- Regards, Dave "arnold36" wrote: > What is the formula for changing the order of a name? ...

Mail;box permissions on Exchange 5.5
Hi, Hope someone can help, I'm sure this is an easy problem, but it is giving me a hard time. What I want to do is to be able to open other peoples mailboxes from Outlook when I am logged on at the server, I can not set the permission from the client (outlook) side, but I do have access to the Microsoft exchange admin program, but when I set the permission here it says "no inbox can be found", I am logging on as the administrator. Thanks Ging Ging, You need to login as the Exchange Service account! -- Thanks Dave [MCP, MCSE} me@davidchadwick.com http://www.davidchad...

In Outlook how do I get the Inbox to be above the mail message?
I just had Outlook 2003 installed on my computer & now the Inbox & mail messages are vertical. I would like them to be horizontal with the Inbox above the messages. I'm sure this is simple but I can't find how to do it. Thanks. Ewheeler wrote: > I just had Outlook 2003 installed on my computer & now the Inbox & mail > messages are vertical. I would like them to be horizontal with the Inbox > above the messages. I'm sure this is simple but I can't find how to do it. > Thanks. go to view, reading pane and select bottom... AL ...

Exchange 5.5
Hi, I am looking to incorporate the imsext.dll to our Exchange 5.5 setup in order to allow us to append a legal disclaimer at the bottom of all outgoing emails (as described in KB 258206 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028). I don't own a copy of the Backoffice Resource Kit, however KB 185028 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028 ) indicates that I can download the "Internet Mail Connector Extension" from "Microsoft's World Wide Web server", with, of course, no links provided. I have seen this DLL posted...

Validatine field for "@" and "." in email address
I know it is not possible to input mask code for email but I want to at least verify there is an "@" and "." in the field like we do on web forms using javascript. Can someone help me with coding as I've never done it in Access. Ideally, it would be nice to verify there is text before "@", between "@" and "." and possibly a valid domain extension after the "." Thanks Try this as validation rule -- Like "*" & "@" & "*" & "." & "???*" The three question...

Mail merge to e-mail recipients with a constant CC addressee ...
I need to send out a mass email that is automatically copied to my supervisor. The e-mail has to come from me but ... what is the procedure (if it is possible?) to ensure that my supervisor is included in the CC: field in each individual e-mail? Thanks in advance for your help! Sharon R Sharon, Are you saying that you want your supervisor to receive 5,280 (exageration for emphasis) copies of the same message? I suggest that you simply include the supervisor in the data base of recipients for the mail merge. "Sharon R." <SharonR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

deleted a global address list user exchange 5.5
We deleted a global address list user thinking it was just an email address listing - now it turns out the user does not have an inbox, contacts anymore. The list was recreated by importing the CSV file that was saved out as a back up just before the delition. Now we can send the user email but the inbox history is gone - that which was on the exchange server. The edb file looks to be the same size. - is the data there still? Or are the fields empty and the db not compressed. Is it that just the links gone? Or is the content gone? Is there anyway to recover (other than a backup - tha...

how to add smiley face in script of e-mail
Like this :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "freemarket" <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21921811-FB9E-4494-A4D1-13BD668B10F5@microsoft.com... > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:37:02 -0700, freemarket <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Nothing at all. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Outgoing CRM mail badly assigned
Hello, In this CRM, all users are duplicated as contacts to be able to incorporate them in mailing lists. But when they send from outlook an email which is tracked in CRM, the mail activity is created and badly attributed, its seems that it goes to the first user in users list. Anybody having encountered this ? Any idea on reasons ? Thanks CS. ------=_NextPart_0001_0C7171A2 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi and thanks for the post. This is Mike responding. Thank you for your post. It is not recommended to enter the same email address in the CRM system t...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Cannot attach files to new e-mails??
Office 97sr2 installed, installed Outlook 2000. Since installing Outlook 2000, I'm unable to attach files to a new e-mail. The problem is only on 1 pc! I get an error which says "out of memory or system resources. close some windows or programs and try again" Have tried the following with no success - created new outlook profile - increased page file size - uninstalled office97 & outlook 2000 - service pack pc (winnt 4 workstation) - ran reg clean - reinstalled office97 (without outlook97) into new directory - installed outlook 2000 into new directory - tried logging in as...

Windows Live mail
Every two or so nights I back up my files using Back-up feature of Vista. This is done to an external disk. Due to prying fingers deleting some important e-mails, I now wish to restore from that back up disk. I can find no information on how to identify, select and restore Windows Live Mail e-mails. Can anyone help please. By the way for any Microsoft people on here. I am a reasonably intelligent computer literate individual who has worked for many years in the IT consultancy industry. While I have my limitations - see above question - I am usually able to navigate t...

Can't send e-mail or access to my Inbox e-mails.
This is the error message that I get when I tried to send an e-mail: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.gcgroup.co.uk', Server: 'send.one.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please let me know what do I have to do. Thanks! Regards, Jannie Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down ...

send e-mail formated
to send e-mail in the format of a table. With tabulations Inside of the body of the e-mail How do I do? Frank Dulk wrote: > to send e-mail in the format of a table. With tabulations > Inside of the body of the e-mail > How do I do? You cannot do this with the built in SendObject function. You would need to automate an external messaging library like Outlook or CDO that supports an HTML formatted message body. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com You would have an example for me to have the initial steps. &quo...