External email forwarding, Excahnge 2003 / Outlook 2003

Hi.

Should you do anything besides checking "Allow automatic forward" on your
Exchange 2003, if you want your clients to be able to forward email to
external emailadresses via rules in Outlook?

BR. Carsten
0
Carsten (7)

Yes - don't use rules to achieve this.  If you allow that, you open yourself
up to mail loops, which are not fun.  Instead, for users that want e-mail
autoforwarded, set up a contact in AD with the external address, then set up
their user account to forward messages to the contact.  The forwarding
option for the user account is found on the Exchange General, Delivery
Options.  Once you have specified the contact in there, and optionally
chosen to deliver messages to both places, you can hide the contact from the
GAL (if desired).

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Carsten" <Carsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Should you do anything besides checking "Allow automatic forward" on your
> Exchange 2003, if you want your clients to be able to forward email to
> external emailadresses via rules in Outlook?
>
> BR. Carsten

0
Ben

Deploying Outlook 2003 seperate of the Office 2003 Systems suite
Our company is moving to Exchange 2003 and are going to implement Outlook 2003 in order to take advantage of the benefits of running them together. However, we are not ready to make the jump (we are currently on Office 2000) to Office 2003 because of the large number of custom VBA applications that are in our offices that have not been tested yet. Has anybody done this yet? If so, how did it go? Are there any known issues with doing it? What is the general opinion on doing this? Thanks in advance for any input you have on this subject. Chris You can pretty much kiss outlook int...

Outlook 2002 does not retrieve email
I have a very strange problem with Outlook 2002 and I will try to explain in detail what is going on and what I have tried to correct the issue. I have Outlook connecting to an Exchange server in a domain environment. I can have Outlook sitting in any folder, Inbox, Sent Items, Public Folders, whatever, and when I receive new email Outlook does not pull that message in. I have it set to check for messages every 60 seconds. The Inbox does not reflect I have any new messages when I in-fact do. I can even manually click the Send/Receive button and it will complete 100% but my new e...

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

No Smart Tag help: just a blank "MS Excel Help" window
When I invoke "help on this error" on a Smart Tag drop-down, a blank "MS Excel Help" window appears with no content. The general help pane that appears via <F1> etc. is fine - it's just the Smart Tag help option that doesn't show anything, just a blank window. Any suggestions? Win XP Home SP2 Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 ...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

Gantt chart in Excel 2003
Is there an easy way to create a simple Gantt chart in Excel 2003? It would be a 6 month timeline of project deadlines and milestones. I have no experience with Gantt charting, nor do I have any experience with MS Project. So I am completely at a loss. Any ideas? albarbl, Yes, have someone else build it for you.(lol) Just kidding. Check out this web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx I got this by going to google.com and entering gantt chart. hth :-) "albarbl" wrote: > Is there an easy way to create a simple Gantt chart in Excel 2003? ...

How to Sort Invalid Email Addresses?
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid email addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have those particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so that I can go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted. Which formula would work best for this project? Thanks for your help. Best regards, victor try data filter data>filter>autofilter>custom>doesnotcontain @ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "la90292" <la90292@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ldWFf....

Outlook Express Removing Attachment
Can someone please help me. Whenever someone sends me an attachment in an email, I have a message above the (From, Date, To, Subject)line, which reads: OE has removed access to the following attachments in your email:...... Even when I send someone an email with an attachment, it is received with the attachment, but upon my reviewing it in the 'Sent' folder, the attachment has been removed and I have the same message. Would appreciate any help someone out there might be able to offer. Thanks Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the se...

how do i unblock a web address that is sent in an email
when i click on it it takes me to MY DOCUMENTS where all my folders are....rather than to the website Is the dialog called "Locate Link Browser"? Point it to IEXPLORE>EXE or reset your default browser in Windows. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/8 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "francisriley" <francisriley@discussions.mic...

Check Message Content in Exchange 2003
Hi All, I know that I can track a Mesage by a user etc using the Tracking on Exchange 2003. My Manager use to have a job that ran in 5.5 that searched the content of mail so we could track any possible racist, pornographic etc etc I know there is the *.log file that we can search for subjects etc. Is there anything I can do or can anyone pointing me in the right direction on finding something. Apoligies if this has been answered but i haven't found it. Thanks Mark ...

Outlook 2003 to 2002 Compatibility
I followed all the instructions on the Outlook 2003 site. I created the new personal folder for 97 to 2002, and copied my data into it. When I exported a file from it to my 2002 desktop version, I get the same error message. The one thing the instructions for creating the new pst file do not tell how to respond is when the popup asks about file encryption. It comes up right after you say add, select the personal folder file, respond OK, then the box comes up on encryption. Also, should I be using encryption when I export the file? -- Minnesota Dave Office 2002 and 2003 Do not export...

Not reciving email
Can anyone please help me i can send emails but not recive them and i seem to get this error message aswell. The host 'pop3.live.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Thanks Aston Wrong server name, wrong port number and wrong SSL option. Follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 r...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

Upgrading from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business
Hello, I am considering upgrading from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business to 2005. I don't see a Money 2005 Deluxe & Business. It's either Deluxe or Small Business. I liked having both in one software. What should I upgrade to, or should I not? Thank you in advance for any help on this. Tracy In microsoft.public.money, tracallahan wrote: > > >I am considering upgrading from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business to 2005. I >don't see a Money 2005 Deluxe & Business. It's either Deluxe or Small >Business. I liked having both in one software. What ...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Junk email #15
Outlook 2007 How do I disable Outlook's Junk email capability. Doesn't work. Don't want it. Tools - Options - Junk Email... "j lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OeW%235mekJHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 > How do I disable Outlook's Junk email capability. Doesn't work. Don't > want it. John wrote: > Tools - Options - Junk Email... > > "j lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:OeW%235mekJHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >> Outlook 2007 >> How do I ...

GUID Token in Email
We have identified an unforseen issue with the GUID tracking token (CRM:0002091939) that is appended to the end of the subject line in CRM tracked emails. Email filters may interpret the token as spam and block the messages before they reach their final destination. Also, having the token in the subject line looks unprofessional and may raise questions and concerns about privacy from customers. Is there any way to take this GUID from the email subject line? Thanks in advance. the tracking token has been a constant cause for complaint since CRM 1.0. In the first release of CRM the token w...

Outlook 2003 -> "Could not start Microsoft Office Outlook"
"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened." I recieve this when opening Microsoft Outlook 2003. I reported this as an error when I was doing beta testing and now recieve it in the retail product still. I have noticed that the error occurs after you use Remote Desktop on a windows XP machine with outlook 2003 installed and setup using an exchange account. I have only been able to reproduce it myself and have not heard of anyone else recieving the error for the same reason that I am. I cannot open outloo...

Outlook Express won't restart when switching identities
I just switched to Oulook Express. Have 3 identities set up. Every now and then, when I am switching identities, right after it asks if I want to maintain my current internet connection, it shuts down and I cannot reopen the progam without restarting my computer. What stupid thing did I do this time? M This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE ...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Have 1 user be able to send/receive 20mb files in Exchange 2003
I have 75 users with mail. Only one user needs to be able to send and receive attachments up to 20 MB in size. How can this be doone? On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 04:27:01 -0700, RogerL <RogerL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 75 users with mail. Only one user needs to be able to send and >receive attachments up to 20 MB in size. >How can this be doone? Get admodify.net and run it. run it through, add everyone and go to the Exchange Features tab. That's where you'll find the In/Out message limits. Enter the lower number, apply it and then open the other user and re...

Sent email not getting transfered to Sent Items folder
I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder. If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says "Can't move the items." When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my Outbox. Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can be stored in the...

Photos in email Signatures
I would like to have my Photo and company logo included in my email sig, but I can't get it to display. I have read about adding it in the HTML source code, but I have to set these up for a few different people. Is there a better way? I'm not the best at altering HTML code. The graphic file location(source path on the sending machine) has to be part of the html file, the message composed in html and WLM configured to use the html file as the signature. The graphic file and the html file should be stored in the same folder(the Stationery folder is a good place) -- ...

Norton Antispam and Outlook problem
I just installed Office 2003 and Norton Internet Security 2004, which includes Norton Antispam 2004. From time to time, when I open Outlook, I get a Runtime Error, and Outlook shutdown, then, When I open Outlook again, I get an error with Outlook and the Norton Antispam Bar Plugin, and asks me to disable the Antispam Bar. I answer NO to it. If I answer yes, the Norton Antispam bar never shows up again, and I have to restore Office Settings to bring it back. Anyone having a similar problem? I have searched Symantec and Microsoft Knowledge data bases but I found nothing.... Thanks, mac...

Outlook 2000's "Synchronize Folders" setting/Checkbox
Can anyone explain to me what checking or unchecking the "Synchronize Folders" option actually does? I cannot seem to find the answer in Help or online at Microsoft's websites. I have queried the knowledge base and more, but cannot find adequate information. Thanks in advance. -r randy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone explain to me what checking or unchecking > the "Synchronize Folders" option actually does? I cannot > seem to find the answer in Help or online at Microsoft's > websites. I have queried the knowled...