External Email Delivery - Stuck

Hi,

Have a new Exchange enviornment:

Windows 2003 SP1 Enteprise running Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise.  Have
recently added to this the following:

Exchange Cluster running Windows 2003 SP2 R2 & Exchange Enterprise 2003 SP2.

I have moved 10 mailboxes over to the new cluster, and everything appeared
to be fine.  However, have just noticed that staff on the new cluster, cannot
send email Externally.  We are getting delayed messages.

When I check the Queue on the Cluster, the messages are sitting in the
Internet Mail Connector.

How does mail flow work, when another Exchange server is brought online??  I
had assumed it would route all of it's email, out through the first
server...but while it seems to be trying that, it is not working.

Additional Info:

Running Active Directory 2003 in Native Mode
Pure Exchange 2003 environment.

0
Hutch (55)

This Could be Internet Mail Connector Misconfiguration, also check
connectivity
1 Exchange with DNS
2 Exchange is reaching the Internet (make sure that you haven't ports
blocked)

Thanks

"Hutch" <Hutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have a new Exchange enviornment:
>
> Windows 2003 SP1 Enteprise running Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise.  Have
> recently added to this the following:
>
> Exchange Cluster running Windows 2003 SP2 R2 & Exchange Enterprise 2003
> SP2.
>
> I have moved 10 mailboxes over to the new cluster, and everything appeared
> to be fine.  However, have just noticed that staff on the new cluster,
> cannot
> send email Externally.  We are getting delayed messages.
>
> When I check the Queue on the Cluster, the messages are sitting in the
> Internet Mail Connector.
>
> How does mail flow work, when another Exchange server is brought online??
> had assumed it would route all of it's email, out through the first
> server...but while it seems to be trying that, it is not working.
>
> Additional Info:
>
> Running Active Directory 2003 in Native Mode
> Pure Exchange 2003 environment.

0
Moody6178 (8)

Outlook 2002 does not retrieve email
I have a very strange problem with Outlook 2002 and I will try to explain in detail what is going on and what I have tried to correct the issue. I have Outlook connecting to an Exchange server in a domain environment. I can have Outlook sitting in any folder, Inbox, Sent Items, Public Folders, whatever, and when I receive new email Outlook does not pull that message in. I have it set to check for messages every 60 seconds. The Inbox does not reflect I have any new messages when I in-fact do. I can even manually click the Send/Receive button and it will complete 100% but my new e...

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

How to Sort Invalid Email Addresses?
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid email addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have those particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so that I can go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted. Which formula would work best for this project? Thanks for your help. Best regards, victor try data filter data>filter>autofilter>custom>doesnotcontain @ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "la90292" <la90292@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ldWFf....

how do i unblock a web address that is sent in an email
when i click on it it takes me to MY DOCUMENTS where all my folders are....rather than to the website Is the dialog called "Locate Link Browser"? Point it to IEXPLORE>EXE or reset your default browser in Windows. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/8 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "francisriley" <francisriley@discussions.mic...

Not reciving email
Can anyone please help me i can send emails but not recive them and i seem to get this error message aswell. The host 'pop3.live.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Thanks Aston Wrong server name, wrong port number and wrong SSL option. Follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 r...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Exchange 2003 Delivery failure notifications not going through
I have one user on Entourage 2008. When a message she sends is not delivered, she does not get a notification that it did not go through. I can see the messages sitting on the server in the local delivery queue but I have no idea how to get them to go where they need to go. any help would be appreciated. Stephanie ...

Junk email #15
Outlook 2007 How do I disable Outlook's Junk email capability. Doesn't work. Don't want it. Tools - Options - Junk Email... "j lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OeW%235mekJHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 > How do I disable Outlook's Junk email capability. Doesn't work. Don't > want it. John wrote: > Tools - Options - Junk Email... > > "j lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:OeW%235mekJHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >> Outlook 2007 >> How do I ...

GUID Token in Email
We have identified an unforseen issue with the GUID tracking token (CRM:0002091939) that is appended to the end of the subject line in CRM tracked emails. Email filters may interpret the token as spam and block the messages before they reach their final destination. Also, having the token in the subject line looks unprofessional and may raise questions and concerns about privacy from customers. Is there any way to take this GUID from the email subject line? Thanks in advance. the tracking token has been a constant cause for complaint since CRM 1.0. In the first release of CRM the token w...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Sent email not getting transfered to Sent Items folder
I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder. If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says "Can't move the items." When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my Outbox. Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can be stored in the...

Photos in email Signatures
I would like to have my Photo and company logo included in my email sig, but I can't get it to display. I have read about adding it in the HTML source code, but I have to set these up for a few different people. Is there a better way? I'm not the best at altering HTML code. The graphic file location(source path on the sending machine) has to be part of the html file, the message composed in html and WLM configured to use the html file as the signature. The graphic file and the html file should be stored in the same folder(the Stationery folder is a good place) -- ...

external access to companyweb not working
Page cannot be displayed. using sbs2k3 with all of the latest service packs, sharepoint, exchange, etc. rww and owa seem to be working fine. https://www.domainname.com:444 not working (internally nor externally) http://companyweb/default.aspx works fine. ran and reran the internet connection wizard, checked all settings in iis, port numbers, etc. I've read and re-read all of the past solutions provided and this is not working for me. Does https;// ipaddress/companyweb work? Ports 4125 444 and 443 open on the router? Tami "Steve" wrote: > ...

External Hard drive 11-29-09
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim Brown(jbrown15@hvc.rr.com This one looks good - good price too: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3098104&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1260291- PS: use free Macrium ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp ) for imaging. It is easy to use, fast and works really well. -- whs For 1-2TB drives check: www.ecost.com ...

How to automatic sort email into folder and download attachment
Hi, I have a surveillance camera which will send out email when it detect motion. I can receive hundreds of emails just from this camera in a single day, so it troublesome to read and click on each email just to download the attachment. When the outlook receive the email, I know how to sort it into a designated folder. But is there anyway it can automatically download the attachment (video file) into a folder without the email. (so that I can store the video file in a CD later on). Anyone can help me. Thank you. Nelson Chou I can receive hundreds of email just from...

External References vs. Get External Data
Greetings: I'm using Excel 07. I've got external works books that contain data lists. = Information in those lists is referenced via VLOOKUPS in thousands of place= s in the target workbook. Is it more efficient / easier to maintain if I pu= ll the data into its own sheets via an ODBC connection and then do VLOOKUPS= to the local copies of the data, or should I continue using the thousands = of VLOOKUPS to external workbooks? TIA Keith ...

Can email be automatically forwarded when received?
A Notification e-mail from one particular source can only be sent to one person. If that person is on vacation, no one will be able to complete the task. What can be set up to automatically forward the email from this source to several other e-mail adresses as soon as received? A rule? "RCityJud" <RCityJud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27779B09-BECA-45E4-ACC6-95CF2B62E921@microsoft.com... >A Notification e-mail from one particular source can only be sent to one > person. If that person is on vacation, no one will be able to complete ...

Unable to contact email clients at a particular domain
Everytime I try to contact a user at one particular domain, I get the NDR pasted below. The IP address listed at the end of the NDR happens to be our public IP. They (surenet.net) can send to us no problem and as well, if I send them something from my hotmail account - it goes through. Could there be some sort of a configuration issue on our end?? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'les@surenet.net' on 21-Jul-2004 11:45 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <true3.tnlhdom.local #5....

external account
hello to all. I previously have a exposed problem, but that the solution that habeis exposed is not worth to me (to put the service of quite complicated and ineffective mail in exchange, serious). I have external accounts of ISP and the dominion of the servant exchange agrees with the name @midominio.com there is a user which they have internal account to enter the servant, but does not have mailbox, single the mail of the ISP (andre@midominio.com). When they envian mail to its account leaves the following error: An error of configuration in the system of electronic mail gave rise to a curl be...

Email attachments #24
Hi there! I am having some weird issues with my email attachments in Outlooik 2000. Overall, my email works but when it comes to sending an attachment (word, excel, pdf, etc.) with the email, sometimes the attachments does not get to certain people. In other words, the email gets there without the attachment. Not sure why? I believe this may be an outlook issue but I am not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agr...

External drives
Hey everyone, i just got my 500gb Seagate drive back after it bricked from the little firmware issue they had. I also just purchased a 1TB WD drive. I don't really trust the Seagate any more and want to use the 1tb drive as a backup. I had backed up everything 6 months ago but it's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in 6 months time. I am not too knowledgable in hardrives. Not enough to do anything complicated. Right now i am running Vista Ultimate 64 on the Seagate. Could i put another copy of Vista on the 1tb drive and just copy what i want over to it? That way if the...

Returned email #2
When sending email to several people, one of them will return as undeliverable. I used to be able to look at the properties of the returned message to find out which one bounced. That does not work now. How can I find out which email address is not good? ...

BCM crashes when linking an email
When I try to link emails received through Outlook to a business contact, Outlook generates an error and then exits. This isn't killing me but it would nice if it worked correctly. ...