External distribution list

Hi All

Is there a way to create an external distribution group aside from having to
create an individual user account under AD.  I don’t see this as the best
option, especially with the numerous clients we have on file.  Thanks in
advance.

Regards
Paul
0
tech (12)

Hi Paul,

Are you running Exchange 2000/2003, if so you just need to create a contact
in Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC) for each external user, then
create distribution group/s and make the contacts members of the relevant
distribution group/s.

Here is the MS KB article on the subject:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821904

Regards
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
http://www.ExchangeIS.com

"paul tech" <paul tech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Is there a way to create an external distribution group aside from having
> create an individual user account under AD.  I don't see this as the best
> option, especially with the numerous clients we have on file.  Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Regards
> Paul

0
nospam3434 (231)
5/19/2005 2:21:48 AM
Thanks for the reply Ben.  We are using Exchange 2003.  Im aware that it will
work this way, but creating over 300+ user accounts solely that it can be
added to a distribution group seems to be a lot of un-necessary work.
Mdaemon can do this easy, why not exchange?
I've read people using public folders, and creating contact groups within to
hold external email address.  Can anyone expand on this?

Regards
Paul

"Ben Hoffman" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Are you running Exchange 2000/2003, if so you just need to create a contact
> in Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC) for each external user, then
> create distribution group/s and make the contacts members of the relevant
> distribution group/s.
>

> Here is the MS KB article on the subject:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821904
>
> Regards
> Ben Hoffman
> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
>
> "paul tech" <paul tech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > Is there a way to create an external distribution group aside from having
> > create an individual user account under AD.  I don't see this as the best
> > option, especially with the numerous clients we have on file.  Thanks in
> > advance.
> >
> > Regards
> > Paul

0
paultech (3)
5/19/2005 3:07:38 AM
Ok I misunderstood your question,

You will be able to use a tool such as LDIFDE or CSVDE to import a CSV file
of contacts, just ensure the are placed in the same OU then when adding them
to groups search for all contacts in this OU select all add then then you're
done.

Here are the related MS KB articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q237677/

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q327620

Regards
--

> Thanks for the reply Ben.  We are using Exchange 2003.  Im aware that it
> will
> work this way, but creating over 300+ user accounts solely that it can be
> added to a distribution group seems to be a lot of un-necessary work.
> Mdaemon can do this easy, why not exchange?
> I've read people using public folders, and creating contact groups within
> hold external email address.  Can anyone expand on this?
>
> Regards
> Paul
>
> "Ben Hoffman" wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Are you running Exchange 2000/2003, if so you just need to create a
>> contact
>> in Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC) for each external user, then
>> create distribution group/s and make the contacts members of the relevant
>> distribution group/s.
>>

>> Here is the MS KB article on the subject:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821904
>>
>> Regards
>> Ben Hoffman
>> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
>> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
>>
>> "paul tech" <paul tech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All
>> >
>> > Is there a way to create an external distribution group aside from
>> > having
>> > create an individual user account under AD.  I don't see this as the
>> > best
>> > option, especially with the numerous clients we have on file.  Thanks
>> > in
>> > advance.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Paul

0
ben.hoffman (411)

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

Importing Contact List
Just dowloaded Outook 07. Received all emails, but not contact info (and other folders) from my yahoo account. Is there a way to import my contact list, instead of individually adding? only if yahoo can export or still offers intellisync. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Exporting distribution group list members to a file
Hi, I want to export the members of various distribution groups to files, so the users within them can be displayed. Please can someone tell me how to do this? We have a Windows 2000 \ Exchange 2000 network. Thanks. On 8 Dec 2005 02:37:44 -0800, quentinhudson@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >I want to export the members of various distribution groups to files, >so the users within them can be displayed. Please can someone tell me >how to do this? We have a Windows 2000 \ Exchange 2000 network. > >Thanks. Here you go: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555365 Nice community ...

Concatenate a List?
Is there an easier way to concatenate a list of cells than by the actual concatenate function? I've got a set of cells in column 1 (A) below cell A3 that I want all concatenated together. Can I somehow do this without adding each specific cell to a function? Like some kind of Array? Sub putemtogether() For i = 4 To Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row ms = ms & Cells(i, "a") Next i MsgBox ms End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <arcandio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c0eee762-c71a-4c76-8def-0026fc45076f@...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

deleted a global address list user exchange 5.5
We deleted a global address list user thinking it was just an email address listing - now it turns out the user does not have an inbox, contacts anymore. The list was recreated by importing the CSV file that was saved out as a back up just before the delition. Now we can send the user email but the inbox history is gone - that which was on the exchange server. The edb file looks to be the same size. - is the data there still? Or are the fields empty and the db not compressed. Is it that just the links gone? Or is the content gone? Is there anyway to recover (other than a backup - tha...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

warning when send to distribution list
I recently sent an email to a distribution list (about 350 addresses), and got a warning that the some or all of the messages may have not been sent because the server thought I had a Trojan Horse. It then locked up all sending & receiving and the only way I could get rid of it was to do a system restore. I'm using Outlook 2002, and Norton AV. I don't know if was Outlook or Norton, and I talked to my ISP and they said they don't have a block on how many emails can be sent. Is there a setting in Outlook I can change, or would it be the AV? Thank you, Christina I would ag...

How can I import a list of states into excel?
How can I import a list of states into excel? Hi find a list of states (the internet's great for this sort of thing, but not knowing what country you're in i couldn't go find one for you) highlight them in the browser and use CTRL & C to copy them click on a cell in excel and choose CTRL & V to paste Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "pantherpinot" <pantherpinot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FD29AE5-4B27-4093-99E5-A122C66813AC@microsoft.com... > How can I import a list of states into excel? ...

Break between ItemSelected from List Box
I have a text box that takes the entries from a multi-select list box and concatenates them. My code is not reading that there is supposed to be a comma and space between each of the selected items from my list box. My code currently lists them correctly but all together but running into each other with no spaces. I believe the problem lies in line 5 where "strText" is. We tried setting it to varRow but that just lists the # of items selected. Here is my code: Dim varRow As Variant, strText As String 'strText = vbNullString For Each varRow In Me.lbDamagedParts...

external access to companyweb not working
Page cannot be displayed. using sbs2k3 with all of the latest service packs, sharepoint, exchange, etc. rww and owa seem to be working fine. https://www.domainname.com:444 not working (internally nor externally) http://companyweb/default.aspx works fine. ran and reran the internet connection wizard, checked all settings in iis, port numbers, etc. I've read and re-read all of the past solutions provided and this is not working for me. Does https;// ipaddress/companyweb work? Ports 4125 444 and 443 open on the router? Tami "Steve" wrote: > ...

Conditional population of list boxes in Excel?
I have two list boxes that I want to populate in my worksheet which are Marketing Group and Promotion Type. I want the Promotion Type values to be populated based on the value that is selected in the Marketing Group field. I can setup a lookup table on a hidden sheet, but I can't figure out how to link them up. Can anyone help me? I'm using Excel version 2002. All the info at : http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html "ccoursey" <ccoursey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C68EDA2F-2D38-4453-97BF-A2BF705E511B@microsoft.com... >I have two ...

External Hard drive 11-29-09
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim Brown(jbrown15@hvc.rr.com This one looks good - good price too: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3098104&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1260291- PS: use free Macrium ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp ) for imaging. It is easy to use, fast and works really well. -- whs For 1-2TB drives check: www.ecost.com ...

List Box Selection
I am having trouble underrstanding why this code is flawed The first row in my List Box "Acura" is NOT getting selected... All other rows are selected and highlighted...WHY? SelectMake is a Check Box; any help appreciated Private Sub SelectMake_AfterUpdate() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strWhere As String Dim varSelected As Variant 'Select corresponding rows in lstMake List Box; Update lstModel If Me.SelectMake = -1 And Me.lstType.Column(1) = "Asian" Then SetSelections Me.lstMake, 0, "Acura", "Asuna", "Daihatsu"...

External References vs. Get External Data
Greetings: I'm using Excel 07. I've got external works books that contain data lists. = Information in those lists is referenced via VLOOKUPS in thousands of place= s in the target workbook. Is it more efficient / easier to maintain if I pu= ll the data into its own sheets via an ODBC connection and then do VLOOKUPS= to the local copies of the data, or should I continue using the thousands = of VLOOKUPS to external workbooks? TIA Keith ...

Pivot tables- putting more than two field list item into the data
Hello I am trying to put more than two fields into the data area. Firstly I dropped one field into the data area, then I dropped another field right on top of where it says "data" with the drop down item. When I try and drop further fields into onto the data area they end up either in the column or row fields. How do I get around this? Thankyou in advance Driver/Tim When you're dragging the field onto the pivot table, look at the pivot table symbol on the pointer. A blue area will appear, showing where the field will be placed when you release the mouse button. If the ...

external account
hello to all. I previously have a exposed problem, but that the solution that habeis exposed is not worth to me (to put the service of quite complicated and ineffective mail in exchange, serious). I have external accounts of ISP and the dominion of the servant exchange agrees with the name @midominio.com there is a user which they have internal account to enter the servant, but does not have mailbox, single the mail of the ISP (andre@midominio.com). When they envian mail to its account leaves the following error: An error of configuration in the system of electronic mail gave rise to a curl be...

External drives
Hey everyone, i just got my 500gb Seagate drive back after it bricked from the little firmware issue they had. I also just purchased a 1TB WD drive. I don't really trust the Seagate any more and want to use the 1tb drive as a backup. I had backed up everything 6 months ago but it's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in 6 months time. I am not too knowledgable in hardrives. Not enough to do anything complicated. Right now i am running Vista Ultimate 64 on the Seagate. Could i put another copy of Vista on the 1tb drive and just copy what i want over to it? That way if the...

Define range for graphs/charts with validation list
Hi I would like to change the range for a graph with a dropdown list See attached picture to get the feeling. I don't want to have 12 chart for each month, but one graph and a validation dropdown list with whic I can dictate the graphs' data ranges. If I select January in the dropdown list, I must take the january rang for the graph, etc. I do not know if this is possible, but if it is possible that would b an awesome solution +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: example.jpg |Download: http://www...

Find in list function
I have two lists that should contain the same values. In Excel, they are in two columns. In the third column, I want to put the values that are in List A but not in List B. In the fourth column, I want to put the values that are in List B but not in List A. List A is from A1 : A501 List B is from B1 : B458 Can this be done in Excel? How about comparing each item in column A to the range of cells in column B using the MATCH() function. MATCH() will return an error for match-not-found, which we can detect in ISERROR(). So in C1: =if(iserror(match(A1,b$1:B$458,0)),A1,"") w...

Questions on setting up forwarding to an external email account
I have setup a contact in active directory. I did not create an exchange mailbox throught the wizard. In the properties I put the email for that contact. When I try and setup the forwarding on the internal account I am not able to see the contact. Am I setting this correctly? The next question is how do I remove the contact from the GAL? Thanks, Dave ...

error code when I try and save/open doc to external hard drive.
I am having a lot of trouble with this program on the last two versions of windows. I had vista and now have converted to windows 7. I am using office 2007. I was having a error message pop saying "do you want to allow the following program to make changes to the computer". I believe I fixed that by unchecking a box in a compatability tab. The next day when I tried to save an error message said "Word could not create the word file check the temp enviroment variable". I changed the HKey "hopefully and correctly", now I don't have that message pop ...