Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.

Hello there.

I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year
or two into the future.

But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange
perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public
folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using
OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any
info or best practice I can lean up against.

Best regards

Jesper.

0
Jesper

Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble.
But, seriously, who's scheduling meetings that far out that isn't an
executive assistant or some such who has full access to the attendee's
calendar?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Jesper Hansen" <NoOne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hello there.
>
> I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a
> year or two into the future.
>
> But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange
> perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public
> folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using
> OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got
> any info or best practice I can lean up against.
>
> Best regards
>
> Jesper.

0
Ed

Outlook 2003...SEND problem...does not send the 1st time
I have the following problem all the time,..I go to send email and it gives me a time out error. I then press send again right after the error message and it sends the email immediately. This is really annoying because I have to wait for the timeout every time I send email. There are no server issues etc. I have all my files archived weekly so there is not a tremendous amount of data it has to sift through. If anyone could PLEASE help I would greatly appreciate it! How are you authenticating to the outgoing server? tools, accounts, select the acct then click change - look at the m...

Extender
Is the Extender Product just for version 8? I looked in Download and couldn't find version 7.5. thanks! -- Doug Extender was not owned by Microsoft before version 8 I believe. You may be able to get it from its original distributor - eOne Business Solutions Website is here - www.eonesolutions.com.au Regards, Colin Stevenson Computer Applications "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3213B6B3-7447-493C-ACBD-CCD6C9B07D6C@microsoft.com... > Is the Extender Product just for version 8? I looked in Download and > couldn't find version...

date and time
I need some help. I'm trying to put a formula in a cell to ready onl the date. When i set the date and type in 02162005 it gives me a dat for 5/14/19. how can I fix it for it to show todays date in that on cell. Yeah i can use control, ; but i have multiple users and don know that much of excel. so im trying to set it up for when they typ in the date it would appear todays date or the date they want to use. for example I want today's date 02162005 to appear as 2/16/2005 in th cell. Help please !!!!!!!! :confused -- ladimples24 -----------------------------------------------------...

Money 2004 Small Business Invoice Payment and Deposit Register
Anyone, I am a new Money 2004 user. Money automatically records payments received from invoice into my check register. When I make deposits to my bank, I usually have several checks to deposit and they are from different companies. This creates duplicate entries into my check register when I download from the bank. How can I make a deposit of several checks and still have my invoices tracked? I would rather keep the total deposit as shown on my actual bank statement, not individual deposits for each invoice payment. Any way to do this? Thanks CJ ...

Extend PST size after Outlook 2007 upgrade
Looking at a user's Outlook on their home PC. Originally they had Outlook XP, then upgraded to Outlook 2003 and recently to Outlook 2007. Their PST still hits that 2GB limit at times so they periodically archive older emails/folders. My understanding is that there is a 20GB limit on Outlook 2007. Why am I still hitting the 2GB barrier? Does the PST not get converted to the new format when an upgrade is performed on an older PST? What is the best way to convert their PST to the new format so the 2GB limit issue goes away? Thanks. Bill Upgrade installations of Out...

Publisher to JPEG
How do I conert a Publisher 2000 file in to a JPEG???? Save it as a web page, make sure the images are not touching the text boxes. The images will be converted to .gif's, those you can convert to .jpg in Paint or some other imaging software. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Jane" <jshircel@ci.sheboygan.wi.us> wrote in message news:074501c356e3$8275d0b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I conert a Publisher 2000 file in to a JPEG???? > ...

Tracking Time a form is open
Yet another addition my manager has requested for our call log... The students that call donors are currently not tracked as to how long they talk to a donor over the phone. We would like to have some way of monitoring this - and I felt that the best way would be to record in minutes and seconds how long a record is opened on the form. This would not be something that would display on the form, but when the students print the end of day report showing thier work, it would show up on the report for each record. Any ideas?? -- R. Daniel Carlson Concordia University Office of Developmen...

Microsoft Publisher 2000 #2
I need to print labels from MS-Publisher 2000. The standard labels provided (several Avery labels) do not show the one I want, namely: Zweckform 3484, 3.71cm high by 10.5 cm wide, 2-up by 8 down per A4 page. How can I customize my label size to use the injet/laser labels I have as indicated? Whereas in MS-Word this label format is available, is does not appear in the list provided in Publisher. Is it possible to use my kind of label in Publisher to use it in a mail-merge process? Thanks and regards After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Godfrey F...

When subtracting one time from another, why do I get negative val.
cI'm trying to set up a worksheet (in excel) to tell me what time I would need to start up certain items, in order to achieve an output for a specified time. Ideally I would be able to type in the required output time & the worksheet would show me what times other items would need starting. I know how to subtract one time from another, but I can't figure out how to make it understand that (eg) 40 minutes from 00:20 should show 23:40, any help? I'm using excel 2002, but I'm at work so it would be easier for me to see any answers if they could be e-mailed to Dean.Gibso...

How do I make text italic in a publisher text box?
I've copied an item into publisher. The font automatically changed. I changed the font back to what is was originally. That worked, along with items that were once again bold. However, the entire text WAS italicized and now it's not. How do I italicize my text now? Select the text and italicize it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "81gator" <81gator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35607A56-CAE8-4E6D-8FD3-FC6545B2AA9A@microsoft.com... > I've copied an item into pu...

Publisher 2003 #68
I am trying to design a ticket for an event, I want to number each ticket, How do I do that and have the numbers automatically count up with each ticket? vc8454@msn.com Mail merge. Create a consecutive data base in your favorite Data creation product, Word, Excel, Access and even Publisher and Works. Consecutive Numbers help in Excel, it is about the same in Access http://msauer.mvps.org/misc.htm Open Publisher's help; search for mail merge. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "phil" <phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DE13F5D-A918-47AF-844...

Extended Description
We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchronization with the Store we can see some of the Items Extended Description has been truncated to 30-35 Characters in Store and HQ. How can we solve this problem? Hi Rainu, there are 2 thngs which you can do to check this one the log of HQ Server (Sync Log) and the 2nd is to check the sync process using the SQL Profile this is only possible if you have enterprise edition of sql server, I do always use this and find many of my problem solutions. "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchroni...

images are blurry in publisher 2002
I have gotten some "last minute" work to update in Publisher 2002 (SP3). I created an image in Illustrator/Photoshop and saved it as an 8 bit .tiff image. When I bring it into Publisher now, it is not showing up. It has the bounding box corners when I select where it should be but it does not show up on screen or print. I thought it could be just a .tiff thing, but every image I bring in now (.jpg, etc) is blurry (out of focus). I don't know what is happening. This was not a problem before the update of the service pack. I have about 15 certificates to get done by next Fr...

Extend Volume
Hello, I did an extension of system partition on a server 2008 x64 SP1 which ends with a "wrong parameter" failure at end. Disk management console shows up the new size but within explorer and drive properties window still it has the old size. I did a reboot and disk check (with no errors) - no changes. Eventlog doesn't show any relevant informations. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Thunder, Solution 1 - Delete problem partition - Create new partition - Restore partition data from backup If Solution 1 doesn't work, then Solution 2 - Wipe the disk ...

Getting ' database full' error message trying to save in Publisher
I am getting a pop up error which states 'The disk is full trying to write C: etc etc. Save this file on a different disk and/or drive." My C; drive has plenty of space and when I try to save to a CD, I get an error message as well. This is a trial version of Office which has about 28 days left of a 60-day trial if that makes a difference. Last night I WAS able to save the same document. I am on a deadline and I really need help. Thanks so much Never save directly to removable media. Won't work. What is the exact error message you get when you try to save to the ...

Datetime
Hi all ! Is it possible to have a datetime field but only displying the time. I know that only displying the date is possible, also to display date and time, but I didn't find the way to display only the time. In the system entity "Service", there is a field called "begining at" only displaying a time information, but no way to reproduce a custom field like that it in the soft. Any aidea? Thank you very much... ...

Extender-Adding Buyer Information to POP Blank Form Header
I have added an extender window to the Buyer Maintenance window, to include email address, phone number, fax number, etc. (Cards>Purchasing>Buyer) I would like to print this information in the Header of the POP Purchase Order Blank form. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Using V9 on SQL thanks! -- Doug There is an article, KB 904575, that has pretty good directions on adding extender fields to a report. But the article has a missing step in it. In Calculated Field 2, there should be a step 3 just like step 3 in Calculated Field 1, which changes the result type to string...

Office 2003 and Publisher 2000
I have a standard edition of Office 2003 with Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. I have recently been supplied with a Publisher 2000 cd which has been taken of someone else's system due to an upgrade. I have installed this, but am unable to open any files from Word, and am getting an error message at 50% about not having enough memory to open the file. Thinking that this maybe a compatibility issue, I have tried the Office update option which seems to have picked up Publisher 2000 as it is saying I need to install the Office 2000 Service Release. However I am reluctant to do t...

Publisher File formats
I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif' Can I not save in anything but pub? Thanks Ray, It would help us to answer your question if you told us which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006101c3dc62$7649ce40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I > save the f...

reporting uninvoiced time items?
I saw way back in 2000 someone asking about this, with no answer. I would like to run a report showing uninvoiced time items by customer, or at least grab the data and export to Excel. But I see no way to do it. Suggestions? -Michele I opened a support ticket with Microsoft regarding this and printing the invoice to Word or some other file, for the purposes of emailing something besides a text attachment. The reply was nope, sorry, there is no report for time items, create an invoice to see them, and the only thing besides text you can write an invoice to is "PDF writing software.&q...

Why is Publisher printing very light, hard to read, after reinstal
I had to reload my Microsoft Office 2000 and now the print on my Publisher documents is very light and hard to read. How do I change this to a darker look? Betty FLorida This is not a Publisher issue. Do you have your printer set to draft? Is your driver current? Clean your printer heads. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Betty Florida" <Betty Florida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:331DD522-35D0-4448-9DA8-744A74476E25@microsoft.com... >I had to reload my Microsoft Office 2000 an...

eXtender question
Hello Everybody. We added an eXtender window to the Manufacturing Bill of Material window - we need to include several key fields (PPN, CPN, BoM Type) - When we create a view based on this window, the key fields all get concatenated into one. Is there a way around this? I need each of the individual key fields. Splitting them based on a fixed length per field is not an option. We are using GP10. Thank you for any help you can provide. You need to use EXT00100 table to split out key fields. On Sep 28, 12:39=A0pm, Maria <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Can you bring CAD drawings into Publisher 2000?
-- Anita Oooooohhhh... mysterious space... -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BBD62D-A64A-49CA-8F74-00B41E9CC6A2@microsoft.com... > > -- > Anita Anita, I've had good luck with exporting the CAD drawing as an EPS file. You can then bring it in to publisher using "Insert - Drawing - From a file. -- Bob Miller Depending on the CAD program and the version, there are MANY formats to choose from. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bob Miller" <bluegra...

how do I record track meet times
how do I record times for track meets ...

sending publisher newsletters to email adress
I am a small business owner and recently began designers newsletters with publisher. However once i send them out (embeded not attached) different people are receiving different emails. For eaxample - some people receive the email distorted, some as an attachment and some as blank. How do i make sure all customers can view the newsletter. The newsletter does contain html links, picture (gif and jpeg) and text You can't - that's why we normally recommend sending newsletters as a .pdf attachment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://suppo...