export public folder data?

Am in the process of performing an Alternate server recovery of an Exchange
2003 Information Store. The reason being that on the current server all the
email has dissappeared from the public folder mail folders...its a very
strange situation indeed. Hoping that by restoring an earlier backup to a
different machine we can see if the emails will return. If they do, is there
a way I could export the contents of these folders back into the current info
store? I gather that Exmerge will only work on Mailboxes and not Public
Folders...

Many thanks in advance,

Neil
0
Nell (7)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:58:48 -0700, "Nell"
<Nell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Am in the process of performing an Alternate server recovery of an Exchange
>2003 Information Store. The reason being that on the current server all the
>email has dissappeared from the public folder mail folders...its a very
>strange situation indeed. Hoping that by restoring an earlier backup to a
>different machine we can see if the emails will return. If they do, is there
>a way I could export the contents of these folders back into the current info
>store? I gather that Exmerge will only work on Mailboxes and not Public
>Folders...
>
>Many thanks in advance,

You can export them to a pst from Outlook.
If you have deleted item retention enabled on the public store and it
is within the retention time, you can restore those folders from
within Outlook, OWA or use pfdavadmin

>Neil
0
adavid (8731)
8/19/2005 5:07:31 PM
"Nell" <Nell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Am in the process of performing an Alternate server recovery of an Exchange
>2003 Information Store. The reason being that on the current server all the
>email has dissappeared from the public folder mail folders...its a very
>strange situation indeed. Hoping that by restoring an earlier backup to a
>different machine we can see if the emails will return. If they do, is there
>a way I could export the contents of these folders back into the current info
>store? I gather that Exmerge will only work on Mailboxes and not Public
>Folders...

That's correct. You'll have to copy the stuff to PSTs and them move it
back to the public folders.

But, if you have deleted item recovery set on those folders you may be
able to just select the folder and use the "Tools | Recover deleted
items..." menu.

This KB article describes how to enable the recovery of items that
have been "hard deleted" from folders:

How to use Exchange Server 5.5 or Exchange 2000 Server to recover
items that are not first transferred to the Deleted Items folder in
Outlook [178630]

Deleted items are not available after you use "Recover Deleted Items"
in Outlook 2003 [886205]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

One of the users asked me about the 'Limits' tab in the properties dialog of
the public folder store. In particular they asked me about the Deletion
Settings and Age Limits. If there are no entries in these fields will the
items and folders be kept indefinately?

Nell

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:58:48 -0700, "Nell"
> <Nell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Am in the process of performing an Alternate server recovery of an Exchange
> >2003 Information Store. The reason being that on the current server all the
> >email has dissappeared from the public folder mail folders...its a very
> >strange situation indeed. Hoping that by restoring an earlier backup to a
> >different machine we can see if the emails will return. If they do, is there
> >a way I could export the contents of these folders back into the current info
> >store? I gather that Exmerge will only work on Mailboxes and not Public
> >Folders...
> >
> >Many thanks in advance,
>
> You can export them to a pst from Outlook.
> If you have deleted item retention enabled on the public store and it
> is within the retention time, you can restore those folders from
> within Outlook, OWA or use pfdavadmin
>

> >Neil

0
Nell (7)
8/22/2005 12:49:38 PM
"Nell" <Nell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>One of the users asked me about the 'Limits' tab in the properties dialog of
>the public folder store. In particular they asked me about the Deletion
>Settings and Age Limits. If there are no entries in these fields will the
>items and folders be kept indefinately?

No, they'll be lost almost immediately.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Inporting data to cell that exceeds the size of the cell.
When I import data to the excel-document that exceed the size of the cell, the cell will expand vertical. I want the text to be horizontal. How can I do that? I use text-boxes for import. When I use the fuction display "full screen" in some of my excel documents, I dont see the full screen. It is problably someting in the setup, but what Can somebody help please? SOSK, Prior to the import, set the column width of the cell that will be receiving the data to be as wide as you want it to be after the import. That will allow Excel to spread the data out rather than expanding the row ...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Cannot rename "User Field 1" in public folder contact properties
Hello! Cross-posted to SBS group! I have SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 and I am accessing my account with Outlook 2007. In my public folders, I have a contacts folder. Using Outlook 2007, I double-click a contact and then click All Fields of the Show item in the tool ribbon. I then select Miscellaneous fields, click on User Field 1, then click Properties. I want to change its name, but the Name, Type, and Format boxes are all grayed out. I am logged in as a domain admin. How can I rename one of the "User Field" items? So far in my Googling for the last half hour, I have found ...

Export to XML exports single row only

SCL Level 9 Transport Rule Junk-E-Mail Folder (Exchange 2007)
Hello, I have an issue with the Junk-E-Mail-Folder. A third party tool is checking for spam and tags spam E-Mails with the phrase *** Spam *** in the subject. For this phrase I added a transport Rule which sets the addidtional header X-MS-Exchange-Organization-SCL: 9. This is working so far, but at some users this mails are not delivered into the Outlook 2007 Junk-E-Mail folder, they are going direct into the inbox. After further troubleshooting, I found out, that the Junk Mail option in OWA was not set for this users. After I changed this option it was working fine. The issue...

UPDATE OF DATA
I have a problem, one of the stores is sale data that occurred a problem in servant HQ and it did not synchronize the information well, it is to say in the store this the complete data and in HQ this a partial data, since I can make to update in HQ what the store has in UNDER? this happened day 09 of February. Thanks. ...

Data Consolidation across workbooks
I am using data consolidation across workbooks using row labels and linked to source data. If I change numbers in my original workbooks, the consolidated workbook reflects those changes; however, if I change a row label, the consolidated workbook does not update. Please does anyone know if there is a way round this? ...

lost Excel data!
I've just deleted some important data from an Excel sheet having moved it to another workbook. Unfortunately I closed the new workbook without saving and I can't find the data! I've not got a backup of the old workbook and the data is not on the clipboard. Is there any way of recovering it? thanks MrBen AFAIK, NO. We all gotta learn sometime (to make backups) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MrBen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2305c01c45e8d$7842a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've just deleted some importa...

Export / Import Security

Renaming Folders
Hi Guys! My Name is Dave Forster and I am the technical director for a new software company. Our company has created a piece of software that integrates with Microsoft Outlook. Upon installation, it renames some of the folders. We have come accross a hurdle in that we cannot rename folders in a Microsoft Exchange environment. Is there a way for Exchange Administrators to allow (for a short period of time) for the client to be able to change the folders name in their profile during our installation routine? Regards, Dave Forster Which folders are we talking about? ST wrote: &...

"The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?"
We use Office 2003 and a Small Business Exchange Server, so we can share one calendar. After we converted to the server-based Office from stand-alone, we no longer can include reminders in our calendar appointments. When we try to add a reminder we get an error box that says: "The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?" ===== On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:46:02 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote: [T]he error is because its not being posted to the default mailbox folders. So you...

Export item ID?

Removing unwanted folders
In converting to Outlook 2003, I've somehow added an additional 'Personal Folder'. I've created a new one and moved the folders from the old one to the new one and now can't remove the old one. Attempting to close the old one results in the message 'Operation Failed. An object could not be found' Any ideas on how to remove the additional (empty) folder? Thank You Create a new profile via the mail applet in the control panel (don't copy the existing) and delete the old one when you are satisfied that the new profile is working the way you want it. (y...

How do I move a public calendar to a group so others can share it?
I am trying to move meeting room calendars that are currently located in public folders to a group called "Meeting Rooms." It appears that I have duplicated a calendar so that when someone schedules a meeting it goes to the copy and not the original meeting room calendar. ...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Public Folder Replicas #5
We recently added a new server with iSCSI SAN storage to our existing Exchange 5.5 site. The public information store on this new server is located on the iSCSI SAN. The first server in the site is NT 4.0 and the new server is Windows 2000. When a public folder replica is added to the store located on the iSCSI SAN, users can see the folder structure, but are unable to see the postings within the folders. All of the folders are still homed on the NT 4.0 server. Is there a solution to this anomaly? ...

Copying from data from another worksheet to exisiting.
Hi- Could someone tell me the way to copy a closed worksheet to the existing one. I have a macro in a template, and it gets kicked off every morning. I want to get the data from a another worksheet when it gets kicked off and then do the manipulation with that data.Could someone help!I would really appreciate it. Thanks jnair ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** If the range doesn't change, maybe you could just use links: Open both workbooks. in the "receiving&quo...

Linking data between sheets
I am linking sheets together and have hit a snag. I have referenced cell in another sheet, (='Cheese Vat Sheet'!D2) that is the result of formula on that sheet. The problem I am having is that when I use the "IF" function in another cell, (B3) based on the linked cell I kee getting a, "false" result. Here is the formula I entered. =IF(B3=8,"(#3)",IF(B3=7,"(#3&4)",IF(B3=9,"0 "))) I've looked through my excel bible 2000 but havent really seen i referenced there. idea's? thanks Ji -- Message posted from http://www.E...

changing data
I have a column of numbers. I want to make a column that adds a percentage to the first column of original data. Is this possible? column_1 column 2 100 125 10 12.50 Thanks, to anyone that replies Chris One way: B2: =A2*125% In article <D61B27B4-7E58-4325-B05E-00E4D95B8C61@microsoft.com>, "Kozzy" <Kozzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column of numbers. I want to make a column that adds a percentage > to the first column of original data. Is this possible? > > column_1 column 2 > 100 125 &...

Public Folders #5
While in Looking at the Inbox I know how many New Messeges are there by the (#) Indicator to the right of the Inbox. How do i Show Items in the Public folder to do the Same thing? ...

transferring data from external software
Hello all as regards transferring data from external software ( Priorti ) to Excel (the data will be passed as text file, delimited by tab, notation of fields of text by commas) the Excel delimit the fields both by commas and the tab. How it's possible to change default pattern of Excel so the delimeter will be tab only (the data are passed directly to Excel and therefore I don't have possibility for manual import of the data TNX, eyal semo I have found the answer: Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by "comma" Excel remembers the last use of it (Y?) eyal "Eyal Se...

How do i get my multipage publication to print on one page?
I created a custom doc that is 16" x 16". I would like it to scale to fit to an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper for proofreading. How do I do this? Print to a PDF. There are free converters around. Some folks recommend www.primopdf.com If you have Publisher 2007 there is a Microsoft PDF converter add-in. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Erin Heim" <Erin Heim@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

relative import path in public schema
I'm using a public set of schemas for GML, avaiable at www.opengis.net/gml. They all include or import each other but live in a folder hierarchy, so the import statement includes schemaLocation="../xlink/xlinks.xsd". I've written a schema that imports the top level one using schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.0/base/feature.xsd". I've also tried downloading it and putting it in the schema cache but in both cases the build fails with 'Cannot resolve the schemaLocation attribute'. I'm using Visual C# 2005 Express and I'm new...

Delete empty folders in Outlook
Does anyone know how to automate deletion of empty folders i Outlook. It is especially needed after archiving of large folder structures. Can it be done by programming or using 3rd party tool? -- Best regards, Lars O you could use: Tools | Options | Other tab - Empty Deleted Items on Exit. "Lars O" <xjk9g7i02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message news:kUNGc.688$Gp7.39@news.get2net.dk... > Does anyone know how to automate deletion of empty folders i Outlook. > It is especially needed after archiving of large folder structures. > > Can it be done by programming or...