Exmerge-type Public Folder utility?

Does anyone know of an Exmerge-type utility that would allow me to export PF
items to a PST? We've got some overly large folders I would like to back up
or delete items from. I don't want to go through the Outlook client.

Thanks

0
zlorca2004 (17)

You can also age/expire PF posts rather than deleting manually.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"ZLorca" <zlorca2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of an Exmerge-type utility that would allow me to export
> PF items to a PST? We've got some overly large folders I would like to
> back up or delete items from. I don't want to go through the Outlook
> client.
>
> Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
10/12/2005 10:29:53 PM
often requested...yet to be seen...I don't know of anything at all, outside
of "Export" in Outlook...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"ZLorca" <zlorca2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of an Exmerge-type utility that would allow me to export
PF
> items to a PST? We've got some overly large folders I would like to back
up
> or delete items from. I don't want to go through the Outlook client.
>
> Thanks

0
sconkey (3059)
10/12/2005 10:31:03 PM
Use Outlook for down and dirty backup
Highlight the public folder, File-->Export-->to PST all sub folders.

That is what I did

"ZLorca" <zlorca2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of an Exmerge-type utility that would allow me to export
> PF items to a PST? We've got some overly large folders I would like to
> back up or delete items from. I don't want to go through the Outlook
> client.
>
> Thanks

0
tkarpowski (81)

Public Function only called for details in first grouped header
I have 2 values in the detail section of my report that call a public function in a common module. It works fine for the first "set" of detail records within the first grouped header, but all subsequent header groups display #Error -- essentially the function was never called. Is this expected functionality (from Access, anyway)? thanks in advance, Patrick You should be able to use a public function from almost any control source. Can you share anything about the function or its arguments or return values or whatever? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "pheron@gmail...

Ghost copies of the main Outlook folder
I have two "ghost" copies of the main Outlook folder in my folder list. Outlook will not let me close them, because it does not distinguish between the ghosts. Any suggestions on eliminating them? Thanks, Bill Edelstein Schenectady, NY You have posted no information. We don't even know your Outlook version, let alone the steps you used to corrupt your Outlook profile. The problem you have posted is one of the most frequently posted problems in every Outlook newsgroup. If you cannot find a post that addresses your problem, then post sufficient detail with your question so ...

Exmerge
I received this error log when running the exmerge application. I was able to get it running under a Windows XP, but i installed it under Win 2k3 server and I receive this error. I double checked all permissions on the mail storage and the domain account has receive as, send as permission. I'm using the pst to mail storage option on exmerge. Please see the following error below. **************************************************************** Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program, v6.5.7529.0 Start Logging:July 28, 2006 13:42:24 ***********************************************...

More Exmerge Woes
Hello: I am trying to use Exmerge to archive mailboxes before deleting or disabling accounts in the DSA. I am trying to run Exmerge on a Windows 2000 Server (SBS) via a TS session. [Note: getting the Exchange 2000 Management Tools to run on an XP box ran into a slew of errors.] Using suggestions from this list and elsewhere, I have done the following: - Created a new user called "exmerge" and put it in new security group called "Exchange Admins". - Exmerge is the only user in "Exchange Admins" - Exmerge is a member of "Exchange Domain Servers" (...

Group Folders
Hello : I am Vice President of our local Photography Club. I would like to set my Windows Mail up with all my club members in one folder so when I send out a club e-mail all members will receive the same letter. Also I would like to seperate them from the rest of my contacts. So I don't have to spend so much time sending the same letter one at a time. I know their is a way but I don't know how to set that up. If someone would walk me through step by step set up , it would help me so much I will thank you in advance. Thank you so much. You can't really create s...

Question about different string type in VC++
Hi, I want to write a simple Trim() function to trim the spaces around a LPSTR string. I created a dialog based app to test the routine, the Trim() function seems to be OK, but when I close the dialog, it causes General Protection Fault. I tried some other approaches but no go. Since I only intent to use Ansi string, so I did not use any _T() macro or _TCHAR() macro in Trim(). Please tell me what I did wrong. Thanks. Here are the code fragments: void CSimpleDlg::OnBTNTest() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CString sInput; LPSTR sTemp; GetDlgItemText(IDC_TX...

Customizing Public Folder Columns
Hi, I have noticed that Public Folders show up in Outlook with a default set of columns/fields that I can then change on the client. What I am trying to do is to have a Public Folder appear with a specific set of columns (different than the default) for ALL users without me having to go on each Outlook client and set it up manually. Like a Folder-level setting as opposed to a client-level setting. Is this possible? Our server is Exchange 2003. The clients are mixed Outlook 2000, XP and 2003. If this can only work for some client versions can you please let me know which ones? thank...

file properties
is there a way to test a file prior to opening it to see if is of a certain type, such as text, doc, and so on. satan wrote: > is there a way to test a file prior to opening it to see if is > of a certain type, such as text, doc, and so on. > > You can look at the file name extension, and that's about all you can do. The file system has no idea what kind of stuff is in the file. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Picture download to picture taken date folders
Maybe somebody could direct me to a proper newsgroup if this isn't it. When I download pictures from my digital camera, it stores them all in one folder. Is there a way that I could download them into folders that it created by picture-taken date? Ken W <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Maybe somebody could direct me to a proper newsgroup if this isn't it. > >When I download pictures from my digital camera, it stores them all in one >folder. Is there a way that I could download them into folders that it >created by picture-taken date? No...

Duplicate Folders #2
I just got a new laptop with 2003. I copied my Outlook folders and files to the new computer. Now I have two personal file folders and all of the subfolders in my folder list. The second is a mirror of the first. All incoming mail shows up in both inbox folders, all sent messages show up in both sent folders, etc. How can I get rid of the duplicate? R click and close the second. If that doesn't work, you corrupted your profile. Create a new one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13c6901c3f7dd$bf5fde...

Keyboard Input Type not recognized by Office 2008
I have an english version of Office 2008 installed and my OS X is set to German. My Keyboard Input Type is set to Swiss German. In Office though, espechially in PowerPoint, this is not recognized. A fresh PPT displays text I input in (old) greek letters and also the text in the notes field as well as any text in outline view is like that. The latter two are even in areas where font choice is not possible as the formatting is defined by the software itself. If I change my Keyboard Input Type to Arabic the text is correctly displayed in arabic letters. If I choose any Latin language though I alw...

Recovering a Deleted Public Folder
Hi there, A user deleted a public folder they weren't supposed to and when using "Recover Deleted Items" on the parent folder in Outlook 2003, the folder appears to return, but at the end a dialog box stating, "Outlook was unable to recover some or all of the items in this folder. Make sure you have the required permissions to recover items in this folder, and try again." We're using Exchange 2003 Standard, with a public folder retention period of 7 days. I've tried: 1) isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests 2) Setting up Everyone permissions from KB 811...

ExMerge #20
I downloaded ExMerge from microsoft.com and trying to run it but getting this error message: This application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. TIA is the dll in the \system32 directory? "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A788034E-BA48-4B1C-93D1-56E2A1B3D320@microsoft.com... > I downloaded ExMerge from microsoft.com and trying to run it but getting this > error message: > This application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.DLL was not found. > Re-installing the app...

Z type report from reports menu
does anyone have a report similiar to a Z report that I can print through the reports menu for all registers for the day. check out http://jeanholland.com/ they have some great reports including a custom z report "jane" wrote: > does anyone have a report similiar to a Z report that I can print through the > reports menu for all registers for the day. ...

Lost Folders
I had four folders under my inbox that are no longer there. I found the *.dbx folders the hard disk but outlook doesn't recognize them. Any ideas how I can incorporate them back into Outlook. I have absolutely no idea why they were lost. ...

ExMerge
I am trying to run ExMerge. What permissions does it need to open the message store? I get these errors in the log file. [12:57:35] Error 8007203a opening an LDAP connection. ('LDAP://EMAIL/rootDSE') (CADRoutines::GetNamingContextData) [13:09:01] Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d) If this is E2k or E2k3, you need to have Allow Send As and Receive As rights on the Mailbox Store 292509 XADM: How to Configure the Administrator Account to Use...

Short Cut for Folder Refresh?
Is there some way to refresh the contents of a folder w/o going to View? On Jan 1, 9:42=A0pm, "W. eWatson" <wolftra...@invalid.com> wrote: > Is there some way to refresh the contents of a folder w/o going to View? F5 seems to be effective. In news:27bdc578-02ff-4299-be40-61578f846553@u41g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, Jose <jose_ease@yahoo.com> typed: > On Jan 1, 9:42 pm, "W. eWatson" <wolftra...@invalid.com> wrote: >> Is there some way to refresh the contents of a folder w/o going to >> View? > > F5 seems to be effective. ...

specifying data type in parameter queries?
I have a query combining several tables. One field asks for the year when a student was in year 11 like this... Y11Year : [when did they start year 11?] this query is then used in two further cascaded queries, then finally a report that uses the Y11Year field. All works fine. To speed things up I changed the final query to a 'make table' one so that I only had to run it once rather than each time I ran the report. However I now get a type mismatch error on that field and null entries in the table. I also note that the data type for Y11year in the created table is set to binary...

Transferring folders to another computer
Hi, I'm switching offices within my company, and my computer is not coming with me. I will be using the same email account, but on this machine, I have a number of folders with old, saved mail messages that I still want to keep. IS there any way to bundle them up and put them on a disk, or save them, or something? Kat <kat.fulgieir@nytps.com> wrote: > I'm switching offices within my company, and my computer is > not coming with me. I will be using the same email > account, but on this machine, I have a number of folders > with old, saved mail messages that I stil...

Deleting a Folder by Mistake
I deleted a subfolder under my Inbox by mistake. I then went to the delete folder, tools, recover folder, however, the box that appeared did not have any folders in it from which to choose. It should have listed my folder so I could restore it, but it did not. What can I do? I have Outlook 2000 and it is licensed through my office and on my office computer where I am now. Thanks, Susan ...

Error creating a new public folder
I just installed Exchange Server 2003. I have five users sucessfully sending and receiving mail. I have tried to create a public folder via the Exchange System Manager but as soon as I click OK I get the following error: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID: c0072afc Exchange System Manager Has anyone else seen this error? ...

exmerge and Scanpst
A quick question, whenever I use exmerge to extract a pst file from Excgange 2003, if I do a check wuith Scanpst (from outlook 2003) it always finds errors it needs to fix. Is this expected ? Andy In news:u$Q8GR$eFHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andy Cobley <acobley@computing.dundee.ac.uk> typed: > A quick question, whenever I use exmerge to extract a pst file from > Excgange 2003, if I do a check wuith Scanpst (from outlook 2003) it > always finds errors it needs to fix. > > Is this expected ? > > Andy I've never done this, so I can't say. Are you h...

typing text on full page picture
i want a grey scale picture in background with text on top. Are you asking how to do this? Create a text box, type your text, and insert your picture on the page Change the Order of picture to "Send to Back" and make sure that the layout properties of the picture are not set to wrap. -- James Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida "Spiritsis" <Spiritsis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D0EABCB-337E-4EB0-8393-38004136D26B@microsoft.com... > i want a grey scale picture in background with text on top. Is your image al...

Installing Exmerge on a cluster
I was wondering if there is anything special that needs to be done with Exmerge on my exchange 2003 machine (virtual machine running in a cluster). The reason that I ask is that clustering is a rather finicy thing in itself and I do not want reload my cluster if I don't have to. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to 1) make sure I dont blow up my cluster. 2) migrate the mailboxes over from 2000 to 2003. (perferrably have this done on a workstaion, so someone does not have to be on the server watching the files move over.). 3) make sure I dont blow up the cluster...

Find the Rule that caused a specific message to be moved to a folder.
I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder. I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there. How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it? TIA You will have to go through your rules one by one to find the one that is sending the friend's mail to the Junk Mail folder. Often, it is a simple phrase that your friend may have in the address or subject. E.g., if you have your mail send all mail with the word "free" in it, and your friend has a freeserve...