exmerge question

I am moving my exchange server to a new server, I have
planned on using exmerge to accomplish this.  The question
I have is, is there a utility that will move over the
mailboxes, or do I have to manually create them on the new
server?
0
anonymous (74717)

Chris-

Don't know about moving the mailboxes, but I know that if
you use exmerge to save the mailbox as a .PST file you'll
lose single-instance-storage, which saves a lot of space.

-S

0
anonymous (74717)
12/8/2003 5:46:57 PM
I have found that right clicking on the user, choosing
exchange features, and moving the mailboxes to another
email server works wonderfully in Exchange 2000. (I don't
know 5.5 that well) Remember however, before demoting the
other server, if you are running exchange on a DC, make
sure the other DC is the Global Catalog server.
0
anonymous (74717)

Exmerge
I received this error log when running the exmerge application. I was able to get it running under a Windows XP, but i installed it under Win 2k3 server and I receive this error. I double checked all permissions on the mail storage and the domain account has receive as, send as permission. I'm using the pst to mail storage option on exmerge. Please see the following error below. **************************************************************** Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program, v6.5.7529.0 Start Logging:July 28, 2006 13:42:24 ***********************************************...

More Exmerge Woes
Hello: I am trying to use Exmerge to archive mailboxes before deleting or disabling accounts in the DSA. I am trying to run Exmerge on a Windows 2000 Server (SBS) via a TS session. [Note: getting the Exchange 2000 Management Tools to run on an XP box ran into a slew of errors.] Using suggestions from this list and elsewhere, I have done the following: - Created a new user called "exmerge" and put it in new security group called "Exchange Admins". - Exmerge is the only user in "Exchange Admins" - Exmerge is a member of "Exchange Domain Servers" (...

Counting Question #3
I have a spreadsheet that has a list. The identifer number is formated as, 432-4102. I want to be able to group all of the 432, 426 and so on. If I create a new column, how can I just get the first three numbers. =left(a1,3) 3 is the number of characters from the left that you want returned. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Metalteck" <Metalteck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B190F56-002B-403D-91D3-70472AB107AB@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet that has a list. > The identifer number is formated...

5.5 to 2003 question ???
I have a single domain with 2000 and 2003 DCs (2000 native, no nt4) at multiple sites. I have three 2000 global catalog servers and one 2003 global catalog server. Operational Master roles belong to the 2000 server. I have also ran the 2003 forest and domain prep tools on the existing forest/domain (I believe that went all correctly). I have Exchange 5.5 on a 2000 server. I would like to install exchange 2003 on a 2003 server and start migrating users from the 5.5 box. Do I have to upgrade all my Global Catalog servers to 2003 first? And/or any of the OM roles? Please help, I'm stuck cuz...

some MDI questions
Hi. I am working on a program that seems to deviate from what the standard doc/view assumes. There will be no new/open file options. Each "document" holds readings from sensors, so they will be added programatically as sensors are added. Each view will be plotted data from each sensor, and since each doc can have multiple sensors, each sensor will have a different view. How do I programatically load the documents when the program runs? All my reading says the framework handles this, but I'm not so sure I want it to. Can I have a document open with no views? The documents ...

DMF
Not to expose myself as a complete idiot , but are the Excel spreadsheet's that are part of the data migration framework Wizard actually "pulled" into the process or are they simply planning tools? Thanks, Lloyd They are planning tools -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Lloyd" wrote: > Not to expose myself as a complete idiot , but are the Excel spreadsheet's > that are part of the data migration framework Wizard actually "pulled" into > the process or are they simply planning tools? > > Thanks, Lloyd ...

inbox question
I apologize, I don't have time to search extensively for the answer. I installed a new drive and need to know how to get my old mail from the inbox of the other drive. any help is appreciated. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address ...

Collections Main Fields Question
On the Customer Payment Summary Inquiry (we get there from clicking the "Stats" button on the Collections Main window, there are a few fields that I'm not sure what they mean and how they are calculated. On of them is the Open Order Amount field in Customer Payment Summary Inquiry. How is this amount calculated and from what tables does it gather the information used. The field it corresponds to is RM00103.ONORDAMT. Also, there is another field on the screen that is labeled "Year-to-Date" and has columns for Highest Balance and Avg. Days. What determines the ...

ExMerge #20
I downloaded ExMerge from microsoft.com and trying to run it but getting this error message: This application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. TIA is the dll in the \system32 directory? "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A788034E-BA48-4B1C-93D1-56E2A1B3D320@microsoft.com... > I downloaded ExMerge from microsoft.com and trying to run it but getting this > error message: > This application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.DLL was not found. > Re-installing the app...

question about bank site bill pay
I am a quicken 2005 user, thinking of transferring over to Money 2005. I have one question (so far). I am using my Bank of America free bill pay service. With Quicken, these charges would show up in my register even though the would only happen in the future (this allows me to see my balance ahead). Can Money do this? -- Cheers, Tom G. Basic problem - you can't switch from current year Quicken to same year Money. You need to be one year behind. M2005 can only convert Q2004 or earlier. As the two products hit the streets at about the same time, MS need some time to decode the ...

question about mfc42.dll
Hi, I've been using msvc6 for a year now, and I prefer it over any other IDE for Windows development. However, I've never had to deal with MFC. I decided to make msvc6 have an 'xp style'. At first, I tried by including a manifest file in it's resource section. That seemed to work only for some controls, but all of them, most controls were still unchanged. Then I applied an inline patch to call InitCommonControls, but that had no effect either. While seeing the unchanged controls' properties in Spy++, I noticed they didn't have normal window class names. I b...

ExMerge
I am trying to run ExMerge. What permissions does it need to open the message store? I get these errors in the log file. [12:57:35] Error 8007203a opening an LDAP connection. ('LDAP://EMAIL/rootDSE') (CADRoutines::GetNamingContextData) [13:09:01] Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d) If this is E2k or E2k3, you need to have Allow Send As and Receive As rights on the Mailbox Store 292509 XADM: How to Configure the Administrator Account to Use...

Server Questions
I am in the process of adding a new store location and upgrading my POS systems and I am thinking of installing RMS v 1.3 and HQ. I will have 3 stores. My current database is quickly approaching 2GB so I will have to upgrade to SQL Server. Would I also need SQL server at my new location or just on the server with the main database? 2 stores are actually in the same building so they are networked already but the new store will need to be linked over the internet. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03CD_01C6CC47.5EA6C590 Content-Type: text/plain; chars...

LPCSTR Questions
I know LPCSTRs are just const char *. I have some questions though (the questions are in the code's comments): /*start*/ LPCSTR lpstrOne, lpstrTwo; // are these on the heap or stack? // if they're on the heap how do they get deleted? // if they're on the stack, wouldn't the value in memory locations // "lpstrOne" and "lpstrTwo" be 'S' (followed by the rest of the string)? lpstrOne = "String One"; lpstrTwo = "String Two"; // is this a memory leak, writing over unallocated data, or neither? lpstrOne = "Longer string than or...

excel question #2
How can I get the average of every six values (rows) in a column? Do you mean: 1 to 6 2 to 7 3 to 8 Then just enter this formula and copy down as needed: =AVERAGE(A1:A6) OR, do you mean: 1 to 6 7 to 12 13 to 18 Then just enter this formula and copy down as needed: =AVERAGE(INDEX(A:A,6*ROW(A1)-5):INDEX(A:A,6*ROW(A1))) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "jt42" <jt42@discussi...

SHED question
Is it possible to alter the underlying .bmp and retain existing hotspots? VC6++/Help Workshop If there is, I'd like to know about it. As near as I can tell, the editor does not allow this. I guess if you understood the file format, you could probably maniplulate the file somehow. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "jSmith" <js@aol.com> wrote in message news:ulnQcN39FHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to alter the underlying .bmp and retain existing hotspots...

Textbox question?
I am using a userform to have data transfered to a sheet. I currently use the code below to send it to a worksheet but what I would like to have happen is for it to add the total of the textbox to the total already in the cell. How do I do that? Thanks Greg Here is the code R = 3 'or whatever desired row variable Sheets(2).Cells(R, 5).Value = TextBox4.Text "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:d7n44v$j7i$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I am using a userform to have data transfered to a sheet. I currently use > the code below to send it to a worksheet b...

Graph questions
Greetings. I am trying to create a chart based on data collected and do not know how I would format/create such a monster. Sample data: 12/16/08 6:10 AM 0m 43.57s 12/15/08 11:30 PM 0m 43.61s 12/15/08 6:07 AM 0m 47.15s 12/14/08 11:40 PM 0m 46.94s 12/14/08 10:10 AM 0m 46.97s 12/13/08 11:50 PM 0m 47.03s Average: 0m 45.88s Standard: 0m 54.60s I would like: 1) X-axis to be labeled with the date/time or at least the date. 2) y-axis labeled with the m/s but only within the min/max listed. No extra above or below. 3) A line across the entire thing showing the stand...

Absolute Rows Question
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a data set where the sales in the 1st qtr I am tracking in in row 3 and go from Column B to Column P. I am trying to create a formula where on a separate part of the workbook I can lists those sales. I am entering the following formula. &quot;=B$3&quot; the next row down should read &quot;=C$3&quot;. When I copy the formula, it stays at B$3 all the way down. What am I doing wrong. <br><br>Thanks in advance! Hi Clay, When copying down, only the row reference can change, and...

CRM v4 question
Does anyone know if CRM v4 will support RPC over HTTP connections in outlook? CRM really ticks all the boxes for us here, but we can't use it as we all use RPC over HTTP for most of our work, and the web client isn't really....well.....the same. Olly If you have enterprise license it will . and also it will have crmlive. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Oliver Marshall" wrote: > Does anyone know if CRM v4 will support RPC over HTTP connections in &g...

MultiPage Form Question
How do I pass values from one textbox from the 1st tab to the 2nd tab? For example: me.textbox1 is on the 1st tab and has a value of 1234. On the 2nd tab of the multipage form, me.textbox2 is empty. I tried this the code below and it didn't work. me.textbox2.value = me.textbox1.value Thank you! Hi, The below code added to TextBox1 does reflect changes made and shows in TextBox2 HTHs Rob Sub TextBox1_Change() Me.TextBox2.Value = Me.TextBox1.Value End Sub "NFL" <NFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89DB41A2-42EB-491E-A03...

Smart Phone question
If I have a forms authentication web page, how can I tell if a visitor is coming from a Desktop or a smart phone? I'd like to redirect to a different page after logging in if coming from a smart phone. Thanks Dave wrote: > If I have a forms authentication web page, how can I tell if a visitor > is coming from a Desktop or a smart phone? I'd like to redirect to a > different page after logging in if coming from a smart phone. Use JavaScript to detect the client's screen resolution - that is, return screen.width and screen.height. On Jul 22, 7:29=A0pm, Dav...

urgent question
i have an excel database that i opened in excel 2003 all of the dates have error messages, with a green triangle asking me if i mean 20xx or 19xx. I seem to be able to fix them one at a time. I have hundreds of entries. they are all 20xx. how do i do it ps the reason this is urgent is I have 4 hours to do this project... "excel date question" wrote: > i have an excel database that i opened in excel 2003 > > all of the dates have error messages, with a green triangle asking me if i > mean 20xx or 19xx. I seem to be able to fix them one at a time. > > I ha...

exmerge and Scanpst
A quick question, whenever I use exmerge to extract a pst file from Excgange 2003, if I do a check wuith Scanpst (from outlook 2003) it always finds errors it needs to fix. Is this expected ? Andy In news:u$Q8GR$eFHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andy Cobley <acobley@computing.dundee.ac.uk> typed: > A quick question, whenever I use exmerge to extract a pst file from > Excgange 2003, if I do a check wuith Scanpst (from outlook 2003) it > always finds errors it needs to fix. > > Is this expected ? > > Andy I've never done this, so I can't say. Are you h...

Publisher 2002 Trial Question
Looking for a PID key for Publisher 2002 trial version. Currently have Win 98 and due to other software running am not able to upgrade to Win XP. Contact Microsoft -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "chatcher" <chatcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A073DF1-42C0-4D5F-AFF7-C6412A02559C@microsoft.com... > Looking for a PID key for Publisher 2002 trial version. > Currently have Win 98 and due to other software running am not able to > upgrade to Win XP. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http:/...