Exmerge outlook 2003 format pst problem

The main Question is Outlook 2000 's format  pst and outlook format
2003 's pst

I exmerge outlook 2000 format pst is ok That means that exmerge to
exhcnage is

ok no permission problem ,but i exmerge 2003 format pst is failure

It seems not relate to permission problem

Best Regards

0
snakesboys (19)

On 17 Jan 2007 19:06:36 -0800, "snakesboy" <snakesboys@gmail.com>
wrote:

>The main Question is Outlook 2000 's format  pst and outlook format
>2003 's pst
>
>I exmerge outlook 2000 format pst is ok That means that exmerge to
>exhcnage is
>
>ok no permission problem ,but i exmerge 2003 format pst is failure
>
>It seems not relate to permission problem
>
>Best Regards

The format you use in 2003 is not compatible with exmerge.
Since you have 2000 available to you, use it rather than 2003. You can
create the "old" format in 2003 if you wish, you just need to specify
it.
0
mark7219 (5666)
1/18/2007 5:36:57 AM
but i need exmerge outlook 2003 format can any method can exmerge
outlook 2003 format pst?

0
snakesboys (19)
1/18/2007 6:33:35 AM
On 17 Jan 2007 22:33:35 -0800, "snakesboy" <snakesboys@gmail.com>
wrote:

>but i need exmerge outlook 2003 format can any method can exmerge
>outlook 2003 format pst?

No.
Exmerge will not work with the 2003 format.
End of story. No workaround. Nothing. No fix. None planned.
You cannot use Outlook 2003 to create PST files that are greater than
2GB and then use exmerge to get the mail into Exchange.
0
mark7219 (5666)
1/18/2007 6:40:21 AM
The pst store provider is actually implemented in a service dll called
mspst.dll.  The version of the dll provided by exchange does not support
unicode PSTs.   The version provided with Outlook 2003 does.  Of course,
each version has an associated guid and entry in mapisvc.inf.  Even if you
were to muck around with the entries in mapisvc.inf it still wouldn't work;
the calls are different.  The version of mspst.dll provided with outlook
2003 supports both the old calls for the old pst format, and a new set of
calls for the new unicode format.  Exmerge would have to  be rewritten to
make the new calls, and the Outlook 2003 version of mspst.dll would be
needed in order for exmerge to support unicode PSTs.

Given your description, it sounds like you are manually creating a PST in
the Outlook application and copying some items to it.  Then, you are using
step 2 of the 2 step method to merge the stuff into mailboxes.  Given this,
I assume that your users are coming from a foreign system where mail was
delivered to pst, and now you are trying to import the mail to Exchange.  I
would say your options are:

1.  Create a number of standard PSTs, and copy the items (up to 2 GB in each
PST) from the unicode PST to the Standard PST.  Once in a supported PST, you
can use Exmerge to import the mail.

2.  Connect to Exchange from Outlook, then drag & Drop the contents of the
Unicode PST to the Exchange Mailbox.

3.  Buy a third party tool like Ontrack Powercontrols that supports Unicode
PSTs.

"snakesboy" <snakesboys@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The main Question is Outlook 2000 's format  pst and outlook format
> 2003 's pst
>
> I exmerge outlook 2000 format pst is ok That means that exmerge to
> exhcnage is
>
> ok no permission problem ,but i exmerge 2003 format pst is failure
>
> It seems not relate to permission problem
>
> Best Regards

0
John

Connection Problems
Hi! We migrated our domain from windows2000 to windows2k3 and now we have a problem with new outlook2000 profiles on nt clients (nt4, sp6a). if you want to install a new profile the client cant connect to the exchange server. error windows says network problems are preventing the client to connect to the server... this is only if you want create a new profile - former installed profiles run with no problems. if you type in an domain controller instead an exchange server the mailbox could be resolved without any problems. This is nice workaround, but if the user has an additional mailb...

IAXL office 2003 to 2007
I have an existing IAXL running in Excel 2003. We plan to upgrade to Office 2007. Do we have any issues to be aware of? Thanks a lot. ma As far as I know IAXL has been discontinued. It is no longer for available for GP versions 9.0 and higher. I can't recall the exact date, but I believe the announcement was made at the end of 2005. So I would be very surprised if IAXL was ever tested with Office 2007 or if it will be supported on it. This is not the official answer, just my opinion. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "MCA" <MCA@discussio...

Event-ID 680 on Exchnage 2003 Server?
Hi, We deployed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 AD und created many malboxes. EventView on Exchnage Server logs many times error with Event-ID 680 like that: Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0 Logon account: <User Name> Source Workstation: <Workstation Name> Error Code: 0xC0000064 Definetly there is no user access problem or password problem. How can we fix this error message? Thanks in advance. Cicek Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=0xC0000064&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&k...

Routing in web forms problem
If anyone can help me on this it would be appreciated -it's driving me mad... I'm (trying) to implement asp.net web routing on an existing website I have to update (web forms framework 3.5). I've followed http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd347546.aspx to the letter and very good it is too, but it's not working. I've added all the routing content to the web.config. I've added a global.asax, added a RegisterRoutes method to update the RouteTable.Routes collection with my custom route handler which implements the IRouteHandler interface. Obvious...

Incorrect Number Format
Hi: I try to set a cell format "Number" with negative number display in a (1234.00) layout. Hoever, in Format Cell, it shows negative number layout as -1234.00(black) -1234.00(red) -1234.00(black) -1234.00(red) (1234.00) is replaced. I try to modify the format in 'Custom' so that it layout looks like (1234.00). But my Excel does not recognize it as a number format and the negative number layout is shown as same as above. What can I do??? Thanks John I am not sure what you mean, is this the format you are looking for? 0.00_);(0.00) -- Regards, Peo Sjo...

Conditional Format #3
I'm sure this must be simple but I can't quite fathom it out. I want a conditional format that puts a colour in a cell if the cell is empty. Any ideas would be great Thanks Shona Shona, In the Conditional Formatting dialog, choose the 'equal to' option and enter ="" , the choose your format options. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Shona" <Shona.Smith@uk.bosch.com> wrote in message news:biva1h$4q3$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > I'm sure this must be simple but I can't quite ...

Mail merge duplications in Outlook
I am attempting an e-mail merge for a letter written in Word with my Excel list as I had done in previous versions of Word. When I do this, multiple copies of the the e-mail are sent to the e-mail recipients and the <<name>> field transposes different names from other records. The sent items appears correctly in the Outlook sent folder? My Outlook is setup to send/receive through a Pop3 Account. Has anybody encountered a similar problem or does anybody know of a fix? Thanks in adavance for your help! Eric ...

CHtmlView shutdown problem
Hi! We created an MFC regular DLL whch is loaded by an old MFC-app (built with VC++ 6.0) but we dont have access to the source of this app, just an DLL-interface. our regular DLL loads several MFC extension DLLs. one of the extension DLLs uses a CHtmlView based object which is used within a docking pane, we dont use document/view-architecture. when I shutdown the app, it takes more than 1 minute till the CHtmlView object gets detstroyed. this effect doesnt occur when we load our DLLs from within an new MFC app, built with VC++.NET, everything shuts down fine. due to the fact that there is n...

A converter for Publisher 2003,2007 files to open in Publisher 20
If I am sent Publisher files made in the newer versions of Publisher, why wont they open in Publisher 2000? Is there a converter available as there is for Word file conversions? This incompatiblity between versions is a major irritation. Why does Microsoft FORCE people into costly upgrades when previous versions are working well?? Later versions of MS programs are sometimes worse containing more annoying features than the more straightforward previous ones. The change of layout etc is also disconcerting. On Wed, 7 May 2008 16:30:01 -0700, Mikerawl <Mikerawl@discussions.microsoft.co...

Outlook 2003 #136
Trying to send an email to more then 25 recipients gives an error on the 26th recipient 452 4-5.3 To many recipients Is this a setting somewhere? Jim <jfosterx@comcast.net> wrote: > Trying to send an email to more then 25 recipients gives > an error on the 26th recipient > > 452 4-5.3 To many recipients > > Is this a setting somewhere? It's a limit being imposed by your ISP (Comcast?). Outlook does not have any such limit. -- Brian Tillman Helping a friend on a side job supposedly he has already checked with the ISP, never seen this one before, Thanks...

Publisher 2003
When I create a new calender based on one of the templates, it automatically puts Sunday as the first day of the week like this: Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat. I want Sunday to be the Last day of the week like this: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun. Is there any way to do this? Gorm wrote: > When I create a new calender based on one of the templates, it > automatically puts Sunday as the first day of the week like this: > Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat. I want Sunday to be the Last day of the > week like this: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun. Is there any way to do > this? This is dep...

outlook security issue
Hello! we have users that have office 2000 sp3. I have followed the instructions how to customize attachment security behaviour. That is .. I created the form "outlook security settings" in public folders. This works for most users in the domain who have office 2000 sp3 (without inserting the suggested registry key). Why is it though for some users this does not work but when the registry key has been inserted it works. Has it anything to do with the tools | options | security??? And why is it that the user who has office 2003 still cannot open and print attachments although...

Outlook removed the following attatchments...?
Hello. Please can you help me. I have a message saying that Outlook removed unsafe attachments in the .eml format. I know that they were definitely not unsafe and I really need them. Is there anyway I can prevent Outlook doing this in future, and is it possible to retrieve these ones, or do I have to go back into Work again and mail them home? Cheers for your help John No, it said that Outlook has removed ACCESS to the file For Outlook see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm For Outlook Express; Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow atta...

CRM address book in Outlook

Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2003 server
I'm busy installing Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2003 server but as you all know Micrsoft says it is nog possible. Well, it's not working so I guess they are right but I'm still trying. I can start a setup an can add my server in a existing site but when the setup is trying to start the services I get a error telling me that Exchange is missing a file but I can't find out wich one. I hope some one is having a solution for this issue. Please let me know, Kind Regards, Rogier I have a solution for you. Actually, I have two solutions. 1. Implement Exchange 2003 instead. ...

retrieve old email, outlook freezes
Hi, does outlook express use .pst files? I did searches on windows xp and it can't find anything. I need to get my old emails without starting outlook, since it crashes before I can do anything. Advice? ...

Outlook 2003 Printing Error
I've got a weird issue. When a user tries to print Outlook loses connection to the Exchange server and the print job fails. Here's the error "Connection to Exchange is unavailable Outlook must be online to complete this action". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Jobe ...

Dialog box problem with enabling controls
I set the Enabled property of controls in a dialog box in Form_Load. I am encountering strange behavior at times where, with a certain Button.Enabled set to True, it still displays disabled. In other places where this form is shown in my program, it works fine. But only in this one instance, it does not display the controls properly. When I add message boxes to display certain variables' values, the values look correct and then the form displays properly (the button is enabled as I expect and wish). If I set breakpoints and define watched variables and then run the program...

Format Template Merged Date Fields dd/mm/yyyy to Words
I am using a template to get information out of a sequel database. One of the fields is a date field which is displayed as dd/mm/yyyy Is there a way to change the display to display it in words: e.g. 05/05/2010 would be displayed as Wednesday 05 May 2010 Currently the line of code I am using to extract this information is {tblDiaryAppointment/Start_Date} where tblDiaryAppointment is the sql table I am drawing the information from Yes. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DateFields.htm for a summary of the switches you can add to the DATE field. In this case, you want ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error?
Hello, While trying to install SP1 on our Exchange servers, we get the following message: "Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because: - The local domain configuration is not up-to-date. You must run setup with the "/DomainPrep" switch within this domain. If you have already done this with the current version of setup, then you must wait for replication to complete. Consult your documentation for details." We've been running Win2k3 with Exchange 2k3 for about 3 months now.. And I've gone through KB274737 and verified that /DomainP...

CRM Over Windows 2003 64 Bits Itanium
Hi! I install CRM 1.2 on windows server 2003 64 bit itanium, the first problem was :net framework 1.1, but I Install :net framework 2.0 64 bits and is Ok but when i type the URL http://crm a text box requires autentication i type the correct user and password but later an Erro 404 Page not found appears What is the problem, Note IIS is already configured There has yet to be any official support for 64-bit platforms. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:08:02 -0700, "Juan Hernandez&qu...

my outlook says not implemented, it will not work
I bought this software over four years ago, but all of the sudden stopped working. I can't also make it work automatically work from my internet's e-mail automatically. I want to see outlook page opening directly from my interenet provider's page as soon as i press new e-mail VS. my internet's provider's e-mail service. Does anybody know how to get it set up correctly? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have never used my outlook since I bought it. edmundo wrote: > I bought this software over four years ago, but all of the sudden stopped > working. I can't ...

Outlook 2003 & 2GB PST barrier
Does Outlook 2003 break the glass ceiling of the 2GB PST maximum ? -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm Yes provided you are using the new unicode format pst Next Q, create a new OL pst (unicode) in OL2003 and copy your old data to it :) "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message news:OPybOzQMHHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does Outlook 2003 break the glass ceiling of the 2GB PST maximum ? > > -- > Dave > http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html > http://www....

Sound problem in Outlook
Please remove "NOSPAM" from my email address when replying... How do I get a sound to play when a new message arrives? The box to "play a sound when new items arrive" is checked in Options/Email/Advanced options, but no sound. The speakers are working just fine and the volume is turned up. (I tested some .wav files using my media player and they are audible.) Thanks, Carol "Carol" <carolisa7NOSPAM@aol.com> wrote in message news:048701c34c9d$4ea7ebb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Please remove "NOSPAM" from my email address when > replying....