Exmerge Backup

hi

we have exchange 2003 on and windows 2003 server.
i login as administrator and i want to take backup of all
the mailbox that are present useing Exmerge. but Exmerge
doesnt recomend to change the permissions of administrator
(recieve as and send as permissions which are denyed by
default) . i have created a user who has admin previlages
and i have created security group with receive and send as
permissions set and made this user a memeber of that
serurity group. now how do i run exmerge do i have to
login to windows using this login or how how do i login to
exchange with this username apart from administrator.
please help me...
0
anonymous (74719)

Do not complicate your life!!

Change the administrator permissions, make the backup, and
change the permissions back

0
anonymous (74719)

Exmerge
I received this error log when running the exmerge application. I was able to get it running under a Windows XP, but i installed it under Win 2k3 server and I receive this error. I double checked all permissions on the mail storage and the domain account has receive as, send as permission. I'm using the pst to mail storage option on exmerge. Please see the following error below. **************************************************************** Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program, v6.5.7529.0 Start Logging:July 28, 2006 13:42:24 ***********************************************...

More Exmerge Woes
Hello: I am trying to use Exmerge to archive mailboxes before deleting or disabling accounts in the DSA. I am trying to run Exmerge on a Windows 2000 Server (SBS) via a TS session. [Note: getting the Exchange 2000 Management Tools to run on an XP box ran into a slew of errors.] Using suggestions from this list and elsewhere, I have done the following: - Created a new user called "exmerge" and put it in new security group called "Exchange Admins". - Exmerge is the only user in "Exchange Admins" - Exmerge is a member of "Exchange Domain Servers" (...

An inconsistency in backup file with Exchange 2003
Hi All, I use Exchange 2003 Standard SP1 on Windows Server 2003 which is a member server of our Windows Server 2003 domain. It is fully patched execpt of Windows 2003 SP1. Since I deployed October patches from Microsoft with our WSUS server, my backup with NTBackup gives me an error. This was working well for many months. I don't know if it is related to the newly installed patches. I use NTBackup and it creates a bkf file on the same drive and this file is backed up with my backup server. Here's the report of NTBackup : Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destina...

ExMerge #20
I downloaded ExMerge from microsoft.com and trying to run it but getting this error message: This application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. TIA is the dll in the \system32 directory? "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A788034E-BA48-4B1C-93D1-56E2A1B3D320@microsoft.com... > I downloaded ExMerge from microsoft.com and trying to run it but getting this > error message: > This application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.DLL was not found. > Re-installing the app...

ExMerge
I am trying to run ExMerge. What permissions does it need to open the message store? I get these errors in the log file. [12:57:35] Error 8007203a opening an LDAP connection. ('LDAP://EMAIL/rootDSE') (CADRoutines::GetNamingContextData) [13:09:01] Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d) If this is E2k or E2k3, you need to have Allow Send As and Receive As rights on the Mailbox Store 292509 XADM: How to Configure the Administrator Account to Use...

MSP file backup
Dear sir, This happened twice that my MSP file crashed.Many activities got automatically deleted.There are no macros at present.How to creat a back a file. And how to use it. -- Amey B. Vidvans, Planning Engineer Vidvans_amey@rediffmail.com Project, to my knowledge, will not automatically delete tasks.Crash might be by Project, or maybe something else on your computer. Hard to really know what happened when crashes involved. Could be your file is corrupted and since a crash involved, perhaps the crash contributed to that. To deal with a corrupted file, see http://p...

exmerge and Scanpst
A quick question, whenever I use exmerge to extract a pst file from Excgange 2003, if I do a check wuith Scanpst (from outlook 2003) it always finds errors it needs to fix. Is this expected ? Andy In news:u$Q8GR$eFHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andy Cobley <acobley@computing.dundee.ac.uk> typed: > A quick question, whenever I use exmerge to extract a pst file from > Excgange 2003, if I do a check wuith Scanpst (from outlook 2003) it > always finds errors it needs to fix. > > Is this expected ? > > Andy I've never done this, so I can't say. Are you h...

Where is ExMerge on Seroids??
I'm trying to find a utility like Exmerge that would allow me to search my entire priv.edb for all messages sent to a specific domain and or all messages sent to a few internal users. ExMerge only allows you to specificy dates, subjest lines and or attachments. Any ideas?? I'm running Ex5.5Sp4 on Win2kSp4 in a NT4.0 Domain. PowerControls from www.ontrack.com -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "KC2NC" <seethepost@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%230FNjS1PEHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to find...

Installing Exmerge on a cluster
I was wondering if there is anything special that needs to be done with Exmerge on my exchange 2003 machine (virtual machine running in a cluster). The reason that I ask is that clustering is a rather finicy thing in itself and I do not want reload my cluster if I don't have to. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to 1) make sure I dont blow up my cluster. 2) migrate the mailboxes over from 2000 to 2003. (perferrably have this done on a workstaion, so someone does not have to be on the server watching the files move over.). 3) make sure I dont blow up the cluster...

Backup of e-mail messages
I have previously used Outlook 2000 for calendar/appointments only and am familiar with backing up the file "outlook.pst" from which I can fully restore Outlook in the event I have to rebuild my system. I now have begun using Outlook 2000 for e-mail. Does the file "outlook.pst" include e-mail folders automatically or do I have to back up e-mail messages by some other means? Thanks, Lou The Outlook .pst file contains all of your Outlook items, except rules. They are in a .rwz file. See this page for a complete rundown on what is included in what file so you can mak...

email backup/address/mail importing to new program? from comp. cra
Have a friend, his MB died. We want to pull his email addresses, emails off the HD. Thinking of using Eudora or Incredimail. Becaue I don't think windows 7 live mail, works like OE, or does it? My understanding it is web based and OE is not longer used? I seem to recall many many years ago, you could save a file, pretty sure it was .wab? Can I go into the old HD, save the particular files (.wab)? put it on a disk, and import email and addresses from those files? Whether into Eudora, or Incredicmail? Looking for the easiest and best way to do this? thanks Bruce Windows 7...

usign EXMERGE in a cluster
Is it safe to use exmerge to import a mailbox in an exchange cluster? Any further considerations to do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated Regards Oswaldo. It's safe to do. I've done this several times. Teo "Oswaldo." wrote: > > Is it safe to use exmerge to import a mailbox in an exchange cluster? Any > further considerations to do it? > > Any help would be greatly appreciated > Regards > Oswaldo. Same procedure as in a stand alone server right? "Teo Gomez" wrote: > It's safe to do. I've done this several times. &...

Exmerge #9
I am trying to export mailboxes out of Exchange 5.5 using Exmerge. It created the PST file but did not export all the messages and, more importantly, deleted messages from the message store! Is that right. I assumed that Exmerge would write a copy of the mailbox out to a PST file. Unless you go in and select the option in Exmerge to Archive the items as opposed to the default which is to merge them into the destination, then Exmerge will remove the items from the server. If messages were deleted from the server, this option is the only way that Exmerge could have been responsible. Thanks...

rw files in backup directory
Hi- I use the auto backup to floppy feature in Money 2005. I backup to a ZIP disk without errors. My question relates to the rwX.tmp files (where X appears to be ever increasing) that appear on my ZIP disk with each backup. They are 0KB in size so it's not a space issue. Is this indicative of a problem with my backup method? Is there a way to not have them appear (short of not making the backup)? Since they are 0KB in size, can they be safely removed? Thanks for replies. In microsoft.public.money, TeresaL wrote: >ppy feature in Money 2005. I backup to a ZIP >disk without er...

Migrating to Exchange 2003
Hi There I have about 50 users that presently have pop accounts and get their mail from our ISP's POP server. We are going to host our own mail on an exchange 2003 server. I need to take all the PST files that currently reside on each users PC and import them into the Exchange server as well as convert the clients to MAPI. I think ExMerge is what I should use to do this. Has anyone tried this before? Is ExMerge the right tool? Are there any better ways to do this Thanks, E For 50 users I would not bother with EXMERGE - manual import with OL will achieve the goal and you will have tight c...

Backup
In Money I need to backup on G drive my recoredable drive but money only sees A drive which is to slow and needs 4 to 6 floppy disks and E drive which is the memory stick can Anybody help me resolve this issue? Thanks John In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: >In Money I need to backup on G drive my recoredable drive >but money only sees A drive which is to slow and needs 4 >to 6 floppy disks and E drive which is the memory stick >can Anybody help me resolve this issue? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. ...

Backup via serverbeheer
is niet meer te controleren. Windows Sb server 2003 (sp2) Krijg melding bij het openen van backup in het server beheerconsole: Serverfout in toepassing /Backup Parser-fout parserbericht kan het type backup.global niet laden fout in bron: Regel 1: <%@ applicationCodebehond="Global.asax.cs" Inherits= "Backup.Global" %> Bronbestand c:\inetpub\backup\global.asax Regel: 1 alvast bedankt ...

ExMerge fails ?
Not sure what is making Exmerge fail. From an Win2003+Exch2003 Sp1 Server Tools, I download the latest Exchmerge from microsoft.com. I place the all extracted Exchmerge files under \Exchsrv\Bin Then I launch Exmerge accordingly. I am getting an error message when opening the Mailbox Store. I am logged on as Domain Admins+Exchange Full Admin permissions. The information stores are running OK. Any idea what's wrong ? I tried this on multiple functional mailboxes and I keep getting the same error... [10:38:19] Found 1604 mailbox(es) homed on database 'FIRST STORAGE GROUP/MAILBOX STO...

Help
Hello, Does anyone know if it is possible to exmerge user's mailboxes across domains, and if so what do I have to do to achieve it. Thanks, Adam Yes. Just use the twp-step method. Exmerge the data to .pst files, then Exmerge the data from the .pst files to the destination server. Be sure you use the correct version of Exmerge. Exchange 5.5, 2000 and 2003 all use different versions. Note: It is best you get the version for Exchange 2000 from the Service Pack. -- Steven D. Parent MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for ...

Exmerge and Mailmig
G'day Group, We are currently migrating from 5.5 to 2003. We have over 500 users to migrate between two offices, Region A and Region B. I belong to Region B's Domain admin group. Using the exmerge.exe tool we export the users mailbox to a .pst file making sure that all the correct parameters are set on all the exmerge options tab. Once the process is completed successfully with no errors to report, we use the mailmig /m and we do get some mailboxes that are migrated successfully for Region A but for Region A has stated that they have no problems what so ever as Region B has. I...

using exmerge
Just how do you specify attachment type to be removed or imported, what is the mask i.e *.exe ..exe *exe etc Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324809 AS wrote: > Just how do you specify attachment type to be removed or imported, what is > the mask > i.e > *.exe > .exe > *exe > > etc yup, ta for that. "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message news:4007C1CB.D47559E7@nomail.phxint.please.ru... > Any help from > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324809 &g...

How to backup and restore Windows Live Mail
I have Windows 7. Could you kindly tell me how to backup and restore Windows Live Mail. I thought I read that emails are stored as .eml files, and not ..dbx files. Thanks in advance. Sorry, I had to run out with the dog before I could finish my question. In OE you could go to Options...Maintenance.....Store Folder and view the .dbx files. Can you do the same thing with WLM? I followed the path C:\Users\SHEANA\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail, but could not see anything in the preview pane, although I set my folder options to show to " do not hide, etc.". ...

SBS2k3 Backup shows that is started but it doesn't backup
Hello Everyone, I have this interesting issue with an SBS2003 backing up to NAS (Lacie 2Big). This used to work perfectly fine, until recently: the performance report shows "backup: started but has not finished". At first I thought it just didn't finsish backing up by 6:00Am when the report is generated, but looking at NAS, there are no backups. I tried to start the backup from SBS console, the hour-glass comes on for cuple sec, but nothing happens. The event logs shows Event ID: 5632 "Small Business Server backup has started." and no errors. (if it was w...

Exmerge #18
I have a batch program running exmerge. ExMerge is started on other servers in the organization but on one server the program reports this error: "The Microsoft Exchange System Manager or Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Administrator program was not found on the local machine. Please install the either one of these programs and then run ExMerge.exe". Exchange system manager is install on the local machine and used for administration. Does anyone have a suggestion? ...

Auto backup if Spreasheet Transfer Fails
Hi, Folks, I'm Jean and working on my last part of my project (CycleCount Dept stand alone system). I'm now programming the backup methodof the database. I have a Excel spreadsheet that it contains the costof the part number the dept will use. I have create a table that iscalled "Costttable" and a macro that make a transfer from the excelfile to access Costtable. I also have a table that it calledBackupcosttable that it contains the previous contents of thecosttable ( I make update of to cost 2 or 3 times a year). I want toknow how I can code if the spreadsheet transfer fai...