Exchnage server 2000 unable to retrieve mail received on server

I am brand new to Advanced Server 2k and Exchange 2k but I have
completed a set up of both. My problem is that I can send e-mail to my
address and it arrives at the server (I can see this in the System
Manager) I can successfully (according to my logs) log into the server
using Outlook 2003 using pop3 account settings. But i dont see any
e-mail.

Further to this I can log into my Outlook Web Access and send an e-mail
to myself (or any other user on the server) but I cant see those E-mail
in OWA or Outlook client.

I am able to send e-mail to the outside world with no problems or
errors using both Remote Outlook 2004 and OWA.

My Firewall has both port 25 and 110 open, and both are correctly
routed to my server ports.

The mail is just building and building and I can seem to get it out of
the server.

Any Suggestions on where to look. (by the way I show no errors in my
event logs, and the e-mail shows up in E-mail tracking.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

shannon@cybertram.com wrote:
> I am brand new to Advanced Server 2k and Exchange 2k but I have
> completed a set up of both. My problem is that I can send e-mail to
my
> address and it arrives at the server (I can see this in the System
> Manager) I can successfully (according to my logs) log into the
server
> using Outlook 2003 using pop3 account settings. But i dont see any
> e-mail.
>
> Further to this I can log into my Outlook Web Access and send an
e-mail
> to myself (or any other user on the server) but I cant see those
E-mail
> in OWA or Outlook client.
>
> I am able to send e-mail to the outside world with no problems or
> errors using both Remote Outlook 2004 and OWA.
>
> My Firewall has both port 25 and 110 open, and both are correctly
> routed to my server ports.
>
> The mail is just building and building and I can seem to get it out
of
> the server.
>
> Any Suggestions on where to look. (by the way I show no errors in my
> event logs, and the e-mail shows up in E-mail tracking.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Just to clarify I am running my own Internet e-mail server and
attempting to pick up the e-mail that is received using a remote
computer running Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2003. Or even viewing the
e-mail from the remote machine via OWA.

Also in regards to OWA when I log into the OWA I hear the youve got
mail sound but nothing is visible in the inbox.
Thanks again for any suggestions

Redundant virtual server
We had some problems with mail delivery to external addresses that in the end only got fixed by creating a new SMTP virtual server. However, it seems all we can do with the original, Default, virtual server is disable it. Assuming it was corrupt, and that's why we had problems, is it not possible to delete it now it is redundant? I can't find the option anywhere, or a corresponding answer elsewhere within the newsgroups. Thanks ...

Switchboard 97>2000
I have created a database based on a 97 template, but have converted it to 2000. My problem is the switchboard. When I try to open it, I get a VB error: "Compile error: User defined type not defined" and it highlights two lines of code: "Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)" and Dim "dbs As Database". I haven't a clue what either of these things means nor how to fix them. Any help would be most appreciated. My database is otherwise finished and ready for my coworkers to use, but we need to clear this one hurdle before I can call it complete. Tha...

Preserving E-mail format
I'm testing a graphic- and link-rich e-mail that I have created and want to send to my customers in Publisher. When I send the e-mail to myself and view it in Outlook, there is no problem. But when I view it through Yahoo! e-mail, the graphics are all out of place. I have tried saving the file as .html, I have tried putting everything in a table, I have tried grouping the entire page. Nothing seems to work. I want to be able to preserve the format and the links so that my customers can view the e-mail and click appropriately. Any suggestions? A great many folks will not accept...

LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") exits process with code 128 (Windows 2003 Server)
Hi all, don't know if this is the correct newsgroup, sorry if it's not; at least the problem occurs in a MFC MDI application. I tracked the problem down to the following: In a (huge) MFC MDI app I do LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") somewhere (doesn't matter where) in MyApp::InitInstance(). This works on WinXP, but on Win2003 Server SE I have the following effects: 1. When using the call within the target application (huge MFC MDI application with ComServer etc., but started as normal EXE) and the rsaenh.dll shipped with Win2003 Server (version 5.2.3790.1830 (srv03_sp1_rtm...

Neverfail for Exchnage Trail
Hi Guys Can any one provid link to download "Neverfail for Exchnage" Trail/ evaluation? Thanks On Jan 31, 2:04 am, "Vamsi" <konasanimur...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Guys > > Can any one provid link to download "Neverfailfor Exchnage" Trail/ > evaluation? > > Thanks I believe Neverfail only resells through partners. You will have to click here and find a partner to sponsor your trial... http://www.neverfailgroup.com/locate-partner.aspx You may also consider evaluating SteelEye (my employer), the software that beat Neverfail in an indepe...

Mail merge to excel
I created an excel spreadsheet and did a mail merge to word. The problem is that I have apparently lost the excel data. Is there a way to convert the mail merged file back to excel? Thank You for the help!! It depends on what the data looks like. If it was a real letter, it could be pretty difficult to pick out the text to save. And this assumes that you have all the merged documents! revans wrote: > > I created an excel spreadsheet and did a mail merge to > word. The problem is that I have apparently lost the > excel data. Is there a way to convert the mail merged > ...

Money unable to connect to the Internet, banking,...
I get this error, "Money was unable to connect to the Internet, banking, or brokerage server you were trying to access. The Internet address is currently invalid. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support. (OFX)", when trying to connect to Wells Fargo Online Services. What can I do to remedy this? -Tom In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I get this error, "Money was unable to connect to the >Internet, banking, or brokerage server you were trying to >access. The Internet address is currently invalid. If the >problem persists, contact Customer Sup...

Exchnage 5.5 to Exchnage 2003
I am replacing the Old NT 4.0/Exchnage 5.5 box to a newer box. What is the most efficient method to move mailboxes and Public folders so that I can keep the same computer name/Domain name. I wish to minimise client PC to re-connect to the new Exchnage box as well eliminate re-synchronisation of Off line folders. Most of the users are remote users and their Outlook is synchronised on a regular basis I would welcome suggestion from various quaters Thank Jag Swing method: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];821896 -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Micro...

only internal mail is forwarded
I have a windows sbs2003 server, I have setup contacts within active directory, which are mail enabled, to allow me to forward my mail from my exchange account to an external email account, to be used when travelling. I have set mail forwarding under delivery options to forward my mail to an external address via this contact, while retaining a copy in my exchange mailbox. Mail sent to my mailbox from internal mail addresses go to my internal mailbox and are forwarded to the external address via the contact. Mail from external mail sources go to my exchange mailbox but are not sent to ...

outlook can't talk to smtp server
i'm getting an error when i try to send with outlook under xp pro: Task 'pop51.bellnet.ca (1) - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' this is strange because when i use the "test settings" button on the accounts dialog all tests pass and the test message gets sent. when i try to send using outlook express, everything goes fine as long as i send to myself. wh...

Secondary Exchnage Server
Can the concept of a secondary domian controller be applied to an Exchange server? If one Exchange server goes down there's a duplicate of the other to take control? High Availability Clustering comes closest to this solution, but doesn't provide storage/database redundancy (only server redundancy). Third-party solutions let you replicate the database as well. Exchange Server 2007 enhances clustering with Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) - this replicates the Store(s) to the passive node. Along with MNS (Majoriy Node Set) quorum, you get the freedom of not having to use shar...

Upload Form From MS word 2000
If there is anyone ot there that can help me out with this issue, I would be eternally greatful. I have created a form in ms word and I need this form added to my Website. There's only one problem. . . . I haven't the darndest idea as how to upload the stinking form!!!!!! In Desperate Times, Karl D. Ross Address this question to a word newsgroup or a html ng, not to the Microsoft CRM ng. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Karl D. Ross" <diamondross1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1fc301c352fc$9...

Unable to Find Server when using DSL
When using outlook express for online mail or newsgroups, I get an error message "The server cannot be found" code:800ccc0d. I have re-checked the server names, etc. I have also renewed the winsocks (was getting that error before. Check your e-mail server settings and/or firewall settings and see if they are configured correctly. For further assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsof...

Skip Used Mailing Labels and Print Duplicates in Access 2003 / 2000
On Sep 8 2004, 12:04 pm, "pete johnson" <petejohnson...@att.net> wrote: > Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -231801 > kb atricle #231801deals with skipping used labels which would normally be > wasted if you print on part of a sheet of labels. it claims that it is foraccess2000. i just used it onaccess97 and it worked perfectly, the first > time, every time. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231801 #231801 is a very useful article.. But, it can be made even better by making it even more generic... Replace STEP 2 Statement, From This: =LabelLayout(...

Mail Deletion and Databsae Corruption
I read a post on a mailing list that I am a member of about 6 weeks past that said that if a user deleted many mail messages at once it could cause database corruption in EX 2003. This has just happened to a frend of mine and I am trying to find the post again. Is there a Technet post about this problem, It may be a SP1 issue. Thanks Alan On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 04:19:10 -0700, "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I read a post on a mailing list that I am a member of about 6 weeks past that >said >that if a user deleted many mail messages at once it coul...

Error
Hello to all. I am a CRM newbie.... and I am looking for a little help... We installed Microsoft CRM v1.2 on a Windows SBS2003 server. We followed the Microsoft Business Solutions CROM Implementation Guide - SBS2003 section - during the installation. During the install, we created a new CRM website in IIS, and added a host header ("crm") and added "crm" to the DNS on the server. So far, so good. But, we have a problem whenever I choose Start->Programs->Microsoft CRM->Workflow Manager.... The Workflow Manager Logon window is displayed. I am prompted to enter th...

Name with no associated e-mail address in junk mail filter
I've somehow got a name with no associated e-mail address as a blocked sender, so all mail from that name is filtered. I don't see it in the list of blocked senders, as there is no associated e-mail address. I think I therefore need to reset the whole filter system. How do I do this (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) Carol Chisholm ...

First Exchnage Assignment
I am beginning a new Assignment as an Exchange 2000 administrator. The previous Exchange Admin - will be released. What are your suggestions for my first week on the job. Yankee Fan wrote: > I am beginning a new Assignment as an Exchange 2000 administrator. The > previous Exchange Admin - will be released. What are your suggestions > for my first week on the job. Review the servers thoroughly - check for event log errors, etc., make sure everything is fully patched, AV software is working right (exclusions in file-level AV for all Exchange db/log/queue folders & M drive, and a...

Exchnage 5.5 Directory Replication between 3 sites.
Dear friends, I'm working in a compnay that moving now from Exchnage 5.5 in AD to Exchange 2003. To test the upgrade process and upgrade issues I installed a lab like the raal servers. Here is the "real" (working now) servers enviornment (and don't ask me WHY cuz I didn't install it 5 years ago :) ) WAN ^ | -------------------------- | Server A as SITE A | -------------------------- / \ / \ (X.4...

How do i group the mails based on the numbers in the subject line
Hi All, This is my requirement. In my Inbox, i will be getting the mails in such a way that, where i will have some unique number in the subject line". Please find the samples here. "101011 - User Creation" "Re:101011 - User Creation" "Fwd:Re:101011 - User Creation" "102022 - User Creation" "Re:102022 - User Creation" "Fwd:Re:102022 - User Creation" Based on this number, a folder should be created automatically, all the respectives mails should move there. Example: Create a folder called ‘My Emails’. My ...

Server Components
I have gotten CRM 1.2 installed - my problem now is that I have Salesmen that are all over the country that never connect to my domain - I have tried installing the client software on a test computer that is not connected to my domain. I am getting the following error Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM server components But I am able to hit the HTTP:// - I just can not get the client software to install - Please help Thanks, Kell kelly are these sales people members of any domain? in message news:DE5727A8-CF1A-4BFF-9EA5-517497C9E537@microsoft.com... > I have ...

mail between Exchange Servers
We have a fully patched Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003. We are Ok in receiving e-mail from ISP's but twice in the past week we have seen issues with us reciving e-mail from other companies who also run an Exchange server. Is there a setting that affects delivery of e-mail between exchange servers? If so, what is the setting to allow incoming e-mail from another Exchange Server? It may be a setting we changed lately but just not sure what may have changed that should not have been changed. Thanks! NC Beach Bum -- NC Beach Bum Has any NDR? -- Jammyù�ٴ� &qu...

Unable to display the folder. Another application closed unexpectedly while using your Personal Folders
I get the following message pretty regularly now: "Unable to display the folder. Another application closed unexpectedly while using your Personal Folders file �C:\Documents and Settings� �. To prevent potential damage to your Personal Folders file, it will not be available until you close all applications currently using it." I have the Outlook 2003 release version. If I close & re-open Outlook all is OK (at least until the problem comes back later). In other words, in contrast to the error message, there don't seem to be any apps that I have to close to restore outlook. T...

Upgrading from Money 1999 to 2000
Money 2000 goes through the motions of opening my Money 1999 File but doesn't actually open it. I can't get access to four years worth accounts and files. I used the Salvage utility on the file but the log said there were no problems with the file and it still doesn't work. Any help? Does 2000 open other files or can you create a new file? Does it say it's converting? Do you have a backup that you can try to restore? You may want to try the 2004 trial and see if it can convert it and if it does, just go to that version. "Barry McPeake" <bmcpeake@shaw.ca&g...

phishing my server/
I have set up a win2003 server with mailenabe to run my smtp and pop3 services. I have noticed a large amount of "Bad Mail" which looks as if someone is phishing me. Does anybody know if there is a way to stop this? Is this something to do with the smtp relay settings? Welcome to the world of email.... Get some anti-spam software like Trend hahaha - cheers mate. ...