Exchnage 5.5 to Exchnage 2003

I am replacing the Old NT 4.0/Exchnage 5.5 box to a newer box. What is the most efficient method to move mailboxes and Public folders so that I can keep the same computer name/Domain name. I wish to minimise client PC to re-connect to the new Exchnage box as well eliminate re-synchronisation of Off line folders. Most of the users are remote users and their Outlook is synchronised on a regular basis

I would welcome suggestion from various quaters

Thank

Jag
0
jagu53 (2)

Swing method:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];821896

--
Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
nicbas@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
only!.

"Jag" <jagu53@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am replacing the Old NT 4.0/Exchnage 5.5 box to a newer box. What is the
most efficient method to move mailboxes and Public folders so that I can
keep the same computer name/Domain name. I wish to minimise client PC to
re-connect to the new Exchnage box as well eliminate re-synchronisation of
Off line folders. Most of the users are remote users and their Outlook is
synchronised on a regular basis.

> I would welcome suggestion from various quaters.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jag

0
nicbas (128)
5/13/2004 10:12:05 AM
Many Thanks Nicholas.
0
jagu53 (2)

LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") exits process with code 128 (Windows 2003 Server)
Hi all, don't know if this is the correct newsgroup, sorry if it's not; at least the problem occurs in a MFC MDI application. I tracked the problem down to the following: In a (huge) MFC MDI app I do LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") somewhere (doesn't matter where) in MyApp::InitInstance(). This works on WinXP, but on Win2003 Server SE I have the following effects: 1. When using the call within the target application (huge MFC MDI application with ComServer etc., but started as normal EXE) and the rsaenh.dll shipped with Win2003 Server (version 5.2.3790.1830 (srv03_sp1_rtm...

Neverfail for Exchnage Trail
Hi Guys Can any one provid link to download "Neverfail for Exchnage" Trail/ evaluation? Thanks On Jan 31, 2:04 am, "Vamsi" <konasanimur...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Guys > > Can any one provid link to download "Neverfailfor Exchnage" Trail/ > evaluation? > > Thanks I believe Neverfail only resells through partners. You will have to click here and find a partner to sponsor your trial... http://www.neverfailgroup.com/locate-partner.aspx You may also consider evaluating SteelEye (my employer), the software that beat Neverfail in an indepe...

Outlook 2003 Can Not Connect To SSL Servers
Hello; I am running Outlook 2003 on top of Vista Home Premium with Windows Live One Care for security. Over last year, AT&T (ex SBC)/Yahoo directed all of their users to change port settings on e-mail servers to SSL connections (ports 995 and 465). For last few months no problems, then I began receiving error "0x800CCC7D" and could no longer connect to outgoing SMTP server; according to MS article kb/289967 this is allegedly an error on server side. After extended discussion with AT&T tech support, they advise that there is no general fault on their server; thei...

manage exchange 5.5
Hi.. we have the following situation. An nt4 server with exchange 5.5 installed and a windows 2000 member server. Is it possible to install management software on the 2000 server so we can manage Exchange 5.5?? thx in advance Ramon I don't see why not as the exchange5.5 admin tools work on windows 2000 pro. >-----Original Message----- >Hi.. > >we have the following situation. >An nt4 server with exchange 5.5 installed and a windows 2000 member server. >Is it possible to install management software on the 2000 server so we can >manage >Exchange 5.5?? > ...

Problem sending from Outlook 2003 through Exchange Server 2003
One of my email accounts goes through an email system which uses Exchange Server 2003. The problem exists when I send email to someone outside my company AND people inside my company - those inside the system get my email, but I get an immediate email back from System Administrator saying the message did not reach the recipient (in this case the party outside my company) with error code: "553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large". If, however, I send email to just one person outside the company and the email system my email goes through wi...

Moving to new exchange 2003 box
Background info: 2 sites, one in NY, one in LA. NY is primary exchange server, LA exchange is just for the employees in LA. NY forwards email to LA via a SMTP connector. I am swapping out servers in LA to a more powerful one. Current situation: Ok so I basically got my box up and running, installed exchange, got my sites and services configured, replicated the public folders, Offline Address Book, Scheduly+Free Busy folder, my forms, checked the settings for the RUS, looked at the routing group master which is the one in NY, the one in LA is a member server. I do not run Site Replicat...

Outlook 2003 unable to create rules
whenever I create rules on Outlook 2003 I receive this message, "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server and has been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is unsufficient space to store all your rules" Can anyone advice? thanks. You're limited to 32k of server-side rules. Delete some/simplify your rules, and it should work. barddd wrote: > whenever I create rules on Outlook 2003 I receive this > message, > > "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange > Server and has been dea...

Exchange 5.5 OWA SSL
Enabling SSL on my OWA Server (the same as the Exchange server) i cant access the web Access. Using HTTP everything works fine but HTTPS is only "page not found". How can i solve this? Any ideas? /Peter ...

Uninstall Exchange 5.5 Hotfixes
Hello: I need to uninstall the KB841765 "November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5". I like to do a silent uninstall and no user intervention. Which switches could I use for: 1. Do a silent ? 2. No user intervention ? 3. No restart the server ? Thanks you!! ...

Removing last 5.5 server
We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one. While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I have followed all of the other instructions from the MS...

Excel 2003: Copy rows from one workbook into another without losing interleaved data
Hi All, I have workbook#1 which contains rows of information which I need to copy into workbook#2. This is simple the 1st time but the data in workbook#1 does change and therefore periodically I need to update workbook#2 with the new data. The problem is that in workbook#2 in between the rows new rows shall be inserted containing other information. When I update #1=>#2 I do not want to lose the new rows. So: WB#1 WB#2 Needed Outcome 1 AAAA AAAA 1 to 1 2 BBBB 1111 3 CCCC BBBB 2 to 3 4 DDDD 2222 5 CCCC 3 to 5 6 3333 7 DDDD 4 to 7 I hope I have explained this clearly enough. I...

Help #5
Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each period (month) by counterparty. If the sum is positive it is an AR, If negative an AP. Anyone know a quick way to do this? Period Counterpart P/L AR AP Jul-05 Coke 5000 Jul-05 Coke 10000 In D2 =IF(C2>0,"AR",) In E2 =IF(C2>0,"AP",) Then highlight D2 to E3 and hit control d "Tim T via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each > period (month) by count...

Exchnage 5.5 to Exchnage 2003
I am replacing the Old NT 4.0/Exchnage 5.5 box to a newer box. What is the most efficient method to move mailboxes and Public folders so that I can keep the same computer name/Domain name. I wish to minimise client PC to re-connect to the new Exchnage box as well eliminate re-synchronisation of Off line folders. Most of the users are remote users and their Outlook is synchronised on a regular basis I would welcome suggestion from various quaters Thank Jag Swing method: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];821896 -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Micro...

Exchange Migration from 5.5 to 2003 Assistance needed
Hi There. I have been administering an exchange 5.5 server for quite a while but the requirement is to replace it with a 2003 server. I went through some papers on this but none seems to provide me with all my answers. Please bare with me and read my description of our setup first. 1. 1x NT4 server acting as a PDC and Exchange 5.5 server behind a firewall, only one domain within the organisation. a. PDC setup with around 150 users, many of who has custom rights etc. b. Exchange server setup with more or less same number of mailboxes. c. We have a large number of clients ...

Spending Tracker #5
In older versions of Money you would see the spending tracker each time you entered something in an account. I cannot seem to find a way to add this back in. Is money just limited to having 10 items on the budget/home page? Does quicken have a spending tracker? ...

Exchange 5.5 #25
I tried to send an email to this address alimento.augusto@libero.it and it came back with this error message "Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure". Please advise ...

Money 2003 and Wachovia
I am running Money 2003 and using Wachovia online to pay my bills. I received a message that Wachovia is not going to support Money 2003 soon. Does anyone when the support will stop? Should I upgrade to Money 2006 or should I find Money 2005? I also download from FirstUSA, Discover, TD Waterhouse, and Fidelity. What do the experts recommend? Thanks for any input. John "John" <flgator85@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23sQv5lU9FHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I am running Money 2003 and using Wachovia online to pay my bills. I >received a message that W...

Removing a 5.5 server from my site
I have re-homed all public folders and uninstalled Exchange from the de-comissioned server. What can I do now to eliminate the references to folder replication? This is causing my old server to appear in EX Administrator. Thank you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 "jv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01a201c3aa1b$db497850$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have re-homed all public folders and uninstalled > Exchange from the de-comissioned server. What can I do > now to eliminate the references to folder replicati...

How to remove an Exchange 2003 server and its roles/folders?
Trying to uninstall the first Exchange 2003 server, since we now have replaced it with a new 2 node A/P cluster. I have tested to just shut it down, before actually uninstalling it, to see if it causes any problems... I have noticed a few System Folders that still belongs to it. Will these folders disappear automatically when I uninstall Exchange, or do I have to remove them now while the server is still available?? These are the System Folders: OWAScratchPad (there is one for each EX server) schema-root (sounds at least important!? But is not mentioned in the uninstall instructions KB...

PowerShell ISE requires .NET 3.5.1 or 3.0?
Can anyone clear this up for me? I thought PowerShell ISE required .NET 3.5.1, but have managed to install it on Windows Server 2008 with only .NET 3.0 installed. See this for more detailed info: http://www.jonathanmedd.net/2009/12/powershell-ise-on-windows-server-2008-what-version-of-net-is-required.html Thanks Don't worry. Aleksandar helpfully pointed out that the answer is in about_Windows_PowerShell_ISE in PowerShell help. System Requirements – Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 "jmedd" wrote: > Can anyone clear this up for me? I thought PowerShell I...

exchange 5.5 mailbox
I thought I created a new mailbox using the exchange 5.5 admin console. Of course I attached it to a NT account in AD and I hid the name from the GAL for testing purposes. I cannot get the name to resolve during Outlook setup and the recipeint does not appear. How long does it take for the mailbox to appear? Thanks, Aaron Neunz "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote: >I thought I created a new mailbox using the exchange 5.5 admin console. Of >course I attached it to a NT account in AD and I hid the name from the GAL >for testing purposes. I cannot get the name...

Secondary Exchnage Server
Can the concept of a secondary domian controller be applied to an Exchange server? If one Exchange server goes down there's a duplicate of the other to take control? High Availability Clustering comes closest to this solution, but doesn't provide storage/database redundancy (only server redundancy). Third-party solutions let you replicate the database as well. Exchange Server 2007 enhances clustering with Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) - this replicates the Store(s) to the passive node. Along with MNS (Majoriy Node Set) quorum, you get the freedom of not having to use shar...

Exchange 2003 Problems #2
Looking to see if you can extract the messages from the mailbox store/ private store. Is there a utility that does this?? exmerge.exe... "TSL" <support@tslnet.com> wrote in message news:06a801c3ad68$713fda80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Looking to see if you can extract the messages from the > mailbox store/ private store. Is there a utility that > does this?? ...

Outlook 2003 IMAP Problem
I just upgraded to OUTLOOK 2003 and I am getting this error: Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on bob@domain.com' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account bob@domain.com. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I can go to the inbox and see new mail so I know it is configured correctly. It is checking about 6 IMAP accounts and these errors seem to happen on all the ...

Stem attendant options on 5.5
I've recovered a system after a disaster, but the properties of service account domain-SA have <none> in the Home domain and Home computer. It doesn't log into the system, and exchange doesn't work properly and doesn't bind over rpc with replicators. How can i change it? Do i have to use installation cd with repair option? Thanks Andrea ...