exchnage 5.5 multiple domains

Hi Guys

OK - what's the trick...? We have a  server with exchange 5.5 and two mail
domain names. We can set up users to receive E-mail from either domain name.
That works fine. Now the user wants to send E-mail from either domain...
Currently they can only send with the return address being the
initial/default domain name. How on earth do you set up "one" users mailbox
to send from either domain. Pick and choose so to speak. The mail client is
Outlook 2000. Hope this is a really dumb question with a simple answer. Got
me stuffed, but that ain't hard (grin)

Thanks in advance
Mike Nash

0
mike.nash (4)

"Mike Nash" <mike.nash@infinity.co.nz> wrote in

> OK - what's the trick...? We have a  server with exchange 5.5 and two
> mail domain names. We can set up users to receive E-mail from either
> domain name. That works fine. Now the user wants to send E-mail from
> either domain... Currently they can only send with the return address
> being the initial/default domain name. How on earth do you set up
> "one" users mailbox to send from either domain. Pick and choose so to
> speak. The mail client is Outlook 2000. Hope this is a really dumb
> question with a simple answer. Got me stuffed, but that ain't hard
> (grin)

Not very easy to do. There is a third party product that will do it
relatively painlessly:

http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

"Arlo Clizer [MVP]" <aclizer@online.googlemail.com> wrote in message
> "Mike Nash" <mike.nash@infinity.co.nz> wrote in
>
> > OK - what's the trick...? We have a  server with exchange 5.5 and two
> > mail domain names. We can set up users to receive E-mail from either
> > domain name. That works fine. Now the user wants to send E-mail from
> > either domain... Currently they can only send with the return address
> > being the initial/default domain name. How on earth do you set up
> > "one" users mailbox to send from either domain. Pick and choose so to
> > speak. The mail client is Outlook 2000. Hope this is a really dumb
> > question with a simple answer. Got me stuffed, but that ain't hard
> > (grin)
>
> Not very easy to do. There is a third party product that will do it
> relatively painlessly:
>
> http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Arlo Clizer
> Exchange MVP
> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
mike.nash (4)

Neverfail for Exchnage Trail
Hi Guys Can any one provid link to download "Neverfail for Exchnage" Trail/ evaluation? Thanks On Jan 31, 2:04 am, "Vamsi" <konasanimur...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Guys > > Can any one provid link to download "Neverfailfor Exchnage" Trail/ > evaluation? > > Thanks I believe Neverfail only resells through partners. You will have to click here and find a partner to sponsor your trial... http://www.neverfailgroup.com/locate-partner.aspx You may also consider evaluating SteelEye (my employer), the software that beat Neverfail in an indepe...

Leads with multiple contacts:
Hi, I am curious as to whether it is in fact possible to have an account-centric lead. It seems that leads are restricted to individual contacts, which seems to be a remarkably short sighted implementation, given that typical marketing lists or lead DBs contain multiple contacts for each company. Given that the process is designed to seamlessly convert a lead into an account, it would seem silly to have the entities differ that much. Has anyone had any experience with this, or is aware of any third party software that might help. CHeers Chris From my personal knowledge, you would have ...

Routing outbound email for specific domain to a different SMTP rel
Hello all, I am hoping someone knows how to make an exchange 2003 server hosting multiple domains to send outbound email from one of these domains to an SMTP gateway outside of the organization. Let's say the server has 3 domains, A, B and C; which send outbound email thru the smtp virtual server or an smtp connector. This virtual server or connector relays the company's smtp gateway. Now I need domain C to be relayed thru a different SMTP gateway. This is not a common scenario, which I haven't found in any Exchange documentation. Another way to accomplish this would be an...

Problem of Outlook sending messages with attachments multiple times
We've been having problems with more and more Outlook users (several versions) who are getting messages "stuck" in their Outbox. Usually, we can clear it up by running scanpst on their machine. Once or twice, the problem seemed to be an outlook.pst file that was nearly 2gb. What's the best way to prevent this from happening in the first place? So far, there hasn't been much harm done, but there's real concern about inadvertently mailbombing one of our clients. Thanks! 1. Archive regularly. 2. Empty deleted items folder. 3. Remove attachments. --� Milly Staples [M...

manage exchange 5.5
Hi.. we have the following situation. An nt4 server with exchange 5.5 installed and a windows 2000 member server. Is it possible to install management software on the 2000 server so we can manage Exchange 5.5?? thx in advance Ramon I don't see why not as the exchange5.5 admin tools work on windows 2000 pro. >-----Original Message----- >Hi.. > >we have the following situation. >An nt4 server with exchange 5.5 installed and a windows 2000 member server. >Is it possible to install management software on the 2000 server so we can >manage >Exchange 5.5?? > ...

Exchange 5.5 OWA SSL
Enabling SSL on my OWA Server (the same as the Exchange server) i cant access the web Access. Using HTTP everything works fine but HTTPS is only "page not found". How can i solve this? Any ideas? /Peter ...

Multiple Forms for Data Entry; re-loading data
Hi All, I have 15 forms set up to enter data in Excel which then gets stored in a hidden worksheet in the workbook. Right now it is set up so that the user can scroll through all 15 forms, enter the data, and then they are prompted to save to the database, which copies all the data over and erases the forms. I think it will be useful to allow them to re-load the data they've already entered, in case they need to make changes. So I'm imagining some kind of drop box or something that will display all the IDs associated with the information they've entered, and then they...

Uninstall Exchange 5.5 Hotfixes
Hello: I need to uninstall the KB841765 "November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5". I like to do a silent uninstall and no user intervention. Which switches could I use for: 1. Do a silent ? 2. No user intervention ? 3. No restart the server ? Thanks you!! ...

Removing last 5.5 server
We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one. While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I have followed all of the other instructions from the MS...

Help #5
Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each period (month) by counterparty. If the sum is positive it is an AR, If negative an AP. Anyone know a quick way to do this? Period Counterpart P/L AR AP Jul-05 Coke 5000 Jul-05 Coke 10000 In D2 =IF(C2>0,"AR",) In E2 =IF(C2>0,"AP",) Then highlight D2 to E3 and hit control d "Tim T via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each > period (month) by count...

Exchnage 5.5 to Exchnage 2003
I am replacing the Old NT 4.0/Exchnage 5.5 box to a newer box. What is the most efficient method to move mailboxes and Public folders so that I can keep the same computer name/Domain name. I wish to minimise client PC to re-connect to the new Exchnage box as well eliminate re-synchronisation of Off line folders. Most of the users are remote users and their Outlook is synchronised on a regular basis I would welcome suggestion from various quaters Thank Jag Swing method: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];821896 -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Micro...

Displaying Multiple Cell Information in Single Cell
Hi all, I'm trying to present (text) data from multiple cells in another workbook in a single cell. I've tried the following formula but it returns a #VALUE! in my destination cell: ='[Project1.xls]Dependencies'!$A$6, '[Project1.xls]Dependencies'!$A$7 Any ideas on if this is possible? TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=503954 Use the "&...

print multiple DIFFFERENT labels in MS Publisher 2000
I am trying to print labels for my DVDs using MS Publisher 2000 and Avery 18167 labels (1/2 inch x 1-3/4 inches). I do NOT want to print 1 single label in the middle of the page, nor do I want to print 80 of the same label. What I want is to print "label A" in the label at Row 1 column 1, then "label B" on Row 1 column 2, then "label C" in Row 1 column 3, etc. But I can't find an option in either MS Publisher or MS Word 2000 that will allow me to choose what row and column I want to start printing at. Does this feature exist in either of those program...

Exchange Migration from 5.5 to 2003 Assistance needed
Hi There. I have been administering an exchange 5.5 server for quite a while but the requirement is to replace it with a 2003 server. I went through some papers on this but none seems to provide me with all my answers. Please bare with me and read my description of our setup first. 1. 1x NT4 server acting as a PDC and Exchange 5.5 server behind a firewall, only one domain within the organisation. a. PDC setup with around 150 users, many of who has custom rights etc. b. Exchange server setup with more or less same number of mailboxes. c. We have a large number of clients ...

Spending Tracker #5
In older versions of Money you would see the spending tracker each time you entered something in an account. I cannot seem to find a way to add this back in. Is money just limited to having 10 items on the budget/home page? Does quicken have a spending tracker? ...

Mail merge & labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a strange problem using Word 08 when trying to create address labels from a Mail Merge. Since I have more than 30 names to merge, it creates multiple sheets of labels. However, Word actually seems to put an extra half-row in the footer of the first page and one in the header of the second page. As a result, the labels do not appear correctly on the screen, and they do not print correctly. The problem seems to happen when there are more addresses than one sheet of labels (i.e., it does not seem to hand...

Exchange 5.5 #25
I tried to send an email to this address alimento.augusto@libero.it and it came back with this error message "Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure". Please advise ...

Removing a 5.5 server from my site
I have re-homed all public folders and uninstalled Exchange from the de-comissioned server. What can I do now to eliminate the references to folder replication? This is causing my old server to appear in EX Administrator. Thank you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 "jv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01a201c3aa1b$db497850$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have re-homed all public folders and uninstalled > Exchange from the de-comissioned server. What can I do > now to eliminate the references to folder replicati...

PowerShell ISE requires .NET 3.5.1 or 3.0?
Can anyone clear this up for me? I thought PowerShell ISE required .NET 3.5.1, but have managed to install it on Windows Server 2008 with only .NET 3.0 installed. See this for more detailed info: http://www.jonathanmedd.net/2009/12/powershell-ise-on-windows-server-2008-what-version-of-net-is-required.html Thanks Don't worry. Aleksandar helpfully pointed out that the answer is in about_Windows_PowerShell_ISE in PowerShell help. System Requirements – Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 "jmedd" wrote: > Can anyone clear this up for me? I thought PowerShell I...

Opening multiple pictures attached to an email
Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this, since there doesn't appear to be any built in functionality for this. I found a beta picture attachment program, but I'm kind of looking for a free way to do this since I have 75 users. Thanks, Sander Hi Check the last reply to my post on the 17th of June Ziad "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:O6zkEwqcFHA.584@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this, since there doesn't appear > to be any built in functionality for this. I found a beta picture > a...

exchange 5.5 mailbox
I thought I created a new mailbox using the exchange 5.5 admin console. Of course I attached it to a NT account in AD and I hid the name from the GAL for testing purposes. I cannot get the name to resolve during Outlook setup and the recipeint does not appear. How long does it take for the mailbox to appear? Thanks, Aaron Neunz "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote: >I thought I created a new mailbox using the exchange 5.5 admin console. Of >course I attached it to a NT account in AD and I hid the name from the GAL >for testing purposes. I cannot get the name...

Asset Reference Data for Multiple Location Companies
I am looking for suggestions on where best to place custom reference data for companies that have multiple locations. The same data is collected for each location and it is specific to the individual location. Our internal assesment suggests adding custom fields and tabs to the "more addresses" section would be the easiest option. This would require setting up a duplicate address for the Primary Company in order to record it's site data. We also considered using sub-accounts and adding a new option in the Service group. As I interpret it, the Microsoft documentation sugge...

Can COUNTIF accept Multiple Criteria?
I need to create a COUNTIF formula that finds all values within a rang that are greater than .150045, and less than or equal to .300089. I've been trying the following: COUNTIF(($aa$6:$aa$177>.150045")*("$aa$6:$aa$177<=.300089") But no go. Can anyone offer any guidance? Thanks in advance.... Jub -- jub ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jubi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26761 Hi use SUMPRODUCT for th...

Secondary Exchnage Server
Can the concept of a secondary domian controller be applied to an Exchange server? If one Exchange server goes down there's a duplicate of the other to take control? High Availability Clustering comes closest to this solution, but doesn't provide storage/database redundancy (only server redundancy). Third-party solutions let you replicate the database as well. Exchange Server 2007 enhances clustering with Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) - this replicates the Store(s) to the passive node. Along with MNS (Majoriy Node Set) quorum, you get the freedom of not having to use shar...

Stem attendant options on 5.5
I've recovered a system after a disaster, but the properties of service account domain-SA have <none> in the Home domain and Home computer. It doesn't log into the system, and exchange doesn't work properly and doesn't bind over rpc with replicators. How can i change it? Do i have to use installation cd with repair option? Thanks Andrea ...