Exchnage 2003 and smtp Relay

HI, I am having a difficult time getting my ecommerce packages to send out
emails.  Both the web sites and Exchange are on the same server ( I know,
bad config)

Previously, I had the websites on the same server as a server that was using
the build in SMTP server and this worked fine.  Are there any issues or
caveats that I need to consider.  Basically it seems that Exchange 2003 will
not allow the programs to send mail using it.  Just in case, I did add the
email to the server to allow relaying.

Thanks for any suggestiones.
David

0
dross (49)

I am not sure whether your applications authenticate with the Exchange
server or not.  However, assuming that they do not:

Check under your Default Virtual SMTP server on the server that the
applications are using as a relay.  Right-click and select the properties.
Select the Access tab, select the Relay restrictions button.  Click the Help
button (note:  It is possible, without knowing what you are doing, to really
mess up your e-mail routing.).  The default is Only the list below...you
want to leave that put.  Click the add button and add the web server.  Note
that the checkbox on the page should be checked (you want to leave that
alone).

After making your changes you will want to restart the service (right-click
on the Default SMTP Virtual Server and select Stop...wait a minute or so(it
will have a white X in a red circle under the envelope)...and then click
Start.).  Yes, you can also use the buttons at the top of the MMC.

Bob

"David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> HI, I am having a difficult time getting my ecommerce packages to send out
> emails.  Both the web sites and Exchange are on the same server ( I know,
> bad config)
>
> Previously, I had the websites on the same server as a server that was
using
> the build in SMTP server and this worked fine.  Are there any issues or
> caveats that I need to consider.  Basically it seems that Exchange 2003
will
> not allow the programs to send mail using it.  Just in case, I did add the
> email to the server to allow relaying.
>
> Thanks for any suggestiones.
> David

0
BobChristian (293)
10/17/2004 2:25:36 AM
Hi Bob,  Thanks much for your help.  I did that and it worked like a charm.

Thanks much for your time in helping me.

David
"Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am not sure whether your applications authenticate with the Exchange
> server or not.  However, assuming that they do not:
>
> Check under your Default Virtual SMTP server on the server that the
> applications are using as a relay.  Right-click and select the properties.
> Select the Access tab, select the Relay restrictions button.  Click the
> Help
> button (note:  It is possible, without knowing what you are doing, to
> really
> mess up your e-mail routing.).  The default is Only the list below...you
> want to leave that put.  Click the add button and add the web server.
> Note
> that the checkbox on the page should be checked (you want to leave that
> alone).
>
> After making your changes you will want to restart the service
> (right-click
> on the Default SMTP Virtual Server and select Stop...wait a minute or
> so(it
> will have a white X in a red circle under the envelope)...and then click
> Start.).  Yes, you can also use the buttons at the top of the MMC.
>
> Bob
>

> "David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>> HI, I am having a difficult time getting my ecommerce packages to send
>> out
>> emails.  Both the web sites and Exchange are on the same server ( I know,
>> bad config)
>>
>> Previously, I had the websites on the same server as a server that was
> using
>> the build in SMTP server and this worked fine.  Are there any issues or
>> caveats that I need to consider.  Basically it seems that Exchange 2003
> will
>> not allow the programs to send mail using it.  Just in case, I did add
>> the
>> email to the server to allow relaying.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestiones.
>> David

0
dross (49)
10/18/2004 3:13:43 PM
Excellent!  Glad that things are working for ya!

> Hi Bob,  Thanks much for your help.  I did that and it worked like a
charm.

> Thanks much for your time in helping me.
>
> David
> "Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I am not sure whether your applications authenticate with the Exchange
> > server or not.  However, assuming that they do not:
> >
> > Check under your Default Virtual SMTP server on the server that the
> > applications are using as a relay.  Right-click and select the
properties.
> > Select the Access tab, select the Relay restrictions button.  Click the
> > Help
> > button (note:  It is possible, without knowing what you are doing, to
> > really
> > mess up your e-mail routing.).  The default is Only the list below...you
> > want to leave that put.  Click the add button and add the web server.
> > Note
> > that the checkbox on the page should be checked (you want to leave that
> > alone).
> >
> > After making your changes you will want to restart the service
> > (right-click
> > on the Default SMTP Virtual Server and select Stop...wait a minute or
> > so(it
> > will have a white X in a red circle under the envelope)...and then click
> > Start.).  Yes, you can also use the buttons at the top of the MMC.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> > "David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> HI, I am having a difficult time getting my ecommerce packages to send
> >> out
> >> emails.  Both the web sites and Exchange are on the same server ( I
know,
> >> bad config)
> >>
> >> Previously, I had the websites on the same server as a server that was
> > using
> >> the build in SMTP server and this worked fine.  Are there any issues or
> >> caveats that I need to consider.  Basically it seems that Exchange 2003
> > will
> >> not allow the programs to send mail using it.  Just in case, I did add
> >> the
> >> email to the server to allow relaying.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any suggestiones.
> >> David

0
BobChristian (293)

LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") exits process with code 128 (Windows 2003 Server)
Hi all, don't know if this is the correct newsgroup, sorry if it's not; at least the problem occurs in a MFC MDI application. I tracked the problem down to the following: In a (huge) MFC MDI app I do LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") somewhere (doesn't matter where) in MyApp::InitInstance(). This works on WinXP, but on Win2003 Server SE I have the following effects: 1. When using the call within the target application (huge MFC MDI application with ComServer etc., but started as normal EXE) and the rsaenh.dll shipped with Win2003 Server (version 5.2.3790.1830 (srv03_sp1_rtm...

Neverfail for Exchnage Trail
Hi Guys Can any one provid link to download "Neverfail for Exchnage" Trail/ evaluation? Thanks On Jan 31, 2:04 am, "Vamsi" <konasanimur...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Guys > > Can any one provid link to download "Neverfailfor Exchnage" Trail/ > evaluation? > > Thanks I believe Neverfail only resells through partners. You will have to click here and find a partner to sponsor your trial... http://www.neverfailgroup.com/locate-partner.aspx You may also consider evaluating SteelEye (my employer), the software that beat Neverfail in an indepe...

Color Palette for Powerpoint 2003
I am not sure how many of us would have faced this problem, but I have an issue, rather a big issue, working with powerpoint 2003 and I need immediate resolution. The color palette that is provided as default in powerpoint 2003 is somehow hardcoded, it is only when you change the color filles for the chart that it changes the color... but it is applicable only to the current chart not to any new chart / slide (specially the chart fills). So if you can provide me a resolution to this, which will allow me to change the hardcoded colors in the color palette forever then I would r...

Publisher 2003 on Vista
Having problems with system lock up when using publisher 2003 on Vista. Any suggestions. Do I need an update?? Thanks, J A fully updated Windows Vista operating system will run Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. "JODYANN" <JODYANN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D13D0516-52BA-403A-93A2-0398423244C7@microsoft.com... > Having problems with system lock up when using publisher 2003 on Vista. > Any > suggestions. Do I need an update?? > > Thanks, > J ...

XEXCH50 issue with smtp mail incoming from an external MS server
Hi, I received a complaint that an external contact could not send mail to our exchange 5.5 SP 4 mail server, but had no problem sending to our non-MS mail servers. I have applied the patch from MS03-046, to prevent denial of service hacks with XEXCH50. When I examined the logs I found multiple entries like... The event log shows an entry MSExchangeIMC, SMTP Interface Events, ID 4153 x.x.x.x attempted to submit without using authentication. The submission was not allowed. and the SMTP log shows 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : A connection was accepted from x.x.x.x. 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : <<&l...

Office 2000 with Outlook 2003
I've installed Outlook 2003 on machines that have Office 2000 already installed without any difficulties. Question is, does it work the other way around? I have a user that already has Outlook 2003 installed, but no Office... now he needs to have Office 2000. Has anyone done this? -Andy It should work although the other way around is better. You might need to do a repair on Outlook afterwards. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 "Andy Willia...

Hosting multiple mail domains on Exchange 2003
I want to host multiple email domains on my Exchange 2003 server, do I need to do anything else except update my recipient policy, do I need to createa second smtp virtual server? Also my it says my default policy is lowest and when I created a new policy it gace it a priority of 1, does that mean it is higher or lower, I am thinking higher. Thanks Hi try this article http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnRouting/063ed1f8-d0ad-4bc6-bdb3-d45600948037.mspx "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BC884...

Link Outlook 2003 to Project pro 2003 without the server
Hi all, Is there away of linking my projects to my outlook calendar and task list with out having to get the server. I am a only user and really dont need a server just for this. All I want to do is take the projects I am working on and have them in my task list and on my outlook calendar so I dont have to keep inputting stuff twice. I want more then just exporting my task list to project. I want when I complete a task on the project it is also completed in outlook or the other way around. I dont see why this is not posible. I should be able to create a link between the two for a task. ...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder problem
I have an existing Exchange 2000 (Windows 2000 SP4, Exchange 2000 SP3) server with 50 users. The server houses the companies main Public Folder. I upgraded my DCs to AD 2003 and just installed a Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP1. No problems during the install. But this new server has a Public Folder store. I need to make sure that all users who are on this server point to the other server for their public folder. I could dismount and delete the public store, but I can't as I have to do a migration and move the PF to this Exchange 2003 server. My scenario is this: (a) Move ...

Outlook 2003 in systray
I need to have outlook running on my computer at all times but I want it to run in the system tray. Is there a way I can do this? Maybe a 3rd party utility that will do it. I found one for Outlook express, but I need one for Outlook 2003 Can you help? click on the tray icon and choose minimize to tray? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Ce...

Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2003 #2
I have a Windows server 2003 enviroment with Exchange 2003. We are merging wioth another entity and they also have a windows server 2003 and Exchange 2003 enviroment. What is the best way to move their exchange mailboxes to our Exchange server? Thanks for help Kathy I would say the most simple way is to use EXMERGE, but storage requirements will increase (check if you are still under 75GB limit and your backup is capable of handling increases amount of data) and (AFAIK) your new users will not be able to reply to their old intra-office messages. Kathy wrote: > I have a Wind...

Exchange 2003 banners
Looking for detailed steps to change SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 banners to hide the version number I am running. Thanks in advance -- Yonis I meant to add that I am using Win2k3/E2k3 thanks "Ydirie" wrote: > Looking for detailed steps to change SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 banners to hide the > version number I am running. Thanks in advance > -- > Yonis Hi,pls follow this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836564 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ydirie" <Ydirie@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :41E4D764-233B-4112-A888-889F7E8166DC@microsoft.com... >...

Outlook 2003
I have different folders containing contacts that are totally unrelated. (e.g. private, business, special interest group) Unfortunately they share the same categories list, whereas I would very much prefer them to have separate master categories lists. Is this possible? The master category list is specific to each user. To enforce a particular list of categories in a folder, you can use a custom form. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/reqcat.htm for an example. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power User...

Money 2003 and Wachovia
I am running Money 2003 and using Wachovia online to pay my bills. I received a message that Wachovia is not going to support Money 2003 soon. Does anyone when the support will stop? Should I upgrade to Money 2006 or should I find Money 2005? I also download from FirstUSA, Discover, TD Waterhouse, and Fidelity. What do the experts recommend? Thanks for any input. John "John" <flgator85@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23sQv5lU9FHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I am running Money 2003 and using Wachovia online to pay my bills. I >received a message that W...

Creating new form instance in Access 2003 SP3
I have had a database working for 3 years that creates multiple instances of a main data form. It uses the idea of: Dim frm as Form set frm = new Form_frmCall and then add the form reference to a collection to keep it active. It worked until SP3. Now the Set statement fails with error 2950, Reserved Error. Is this functionality going away? Thanks, Kevin, I'm not seeing that problem. The sample database in this page still works in A2003 SP3: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-35.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrown...

Publisher 2003 w/link to multipage Word 2003 Document
I have a publisher document that I would like to use as a sort of "Master Documet" and have a word and visio document linked back. The link is for convenience when printing I dont have to print three different documents and organize them myself. The issue is that each of linked documents is more than one page. I was hoping that publisher would maybe autocreate or something like that for the excess pages, but it only grabs the first page. Is there a way around this through programming if needed? I am not willing to go thirdparty to make this work. ...

Problem sending from Outlook 2003 through Exchange Server 2003
One of my email accounts goes through an email system which uses Exchange Server 2003. The problem exists when I send email to someone outside my company AND people inside my company - those inside the system get my email, but I get an immediate email back from System Administrator saying the message did not reach the recipient (in this case the party outside my company) with error code: "553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large". If, however, I send email to just one person outside the company and the email system my email goes through wi...

IFERROR function from XL 2003 to 2007
File was created in XL2003, I had an "IFERROR(x,y)" VBA function referenced in cell formula, see: http://min.us/mvj137H Now in XL2007, I removed the VBA "IFERROR" so as to use the built-in IFERROR. The problem is as you see in the picture, XL2007 is NOT automatically using the built-in. (F9 does not work) I have to manually "touch" the individual cell formula (like put in a space after "=") to have the formula recalculate. Please help , thanks Untested. How about just selecting all the cells Hit ctrl-h (like Edit|Replace in xl2003 menus) What:...

Excel 2003 05-03-10
I have a complex spreadsheet that consists of 8 worksheets. Most of these worksheets are dynamic lists which can be added to. They are linked to a series of other spreadsheets that extracts informtion concerning individual projects The main information- a worksheet called expenses" is kept on one sheet and currently has about 13000 entries. The spreadsheet database itself is about 4.5 meg. One worksheet (called Input) has been created which feeds into the main sheet "expenses" transferring the information across to the 20+ columns. No problems so far??!! Ho...

Why can't I telnet in to SMTP?
Running Windows Server 2003 SP1 & Exchange Server 2003 SP1. I used to be able to telnet into my SMTP server (sometime before I installed either of the SP1's). I tried it today and I can't telnet into it anymore. Here's what I get: ---- C:\>telnet localhost 25 Connecting To localhost...Could not open connection to the host, on port 25: Connect failed ---- Everything still seems to work as I can send and receive email using Outlook & Outlook express. So why can't I telnet in anymore? "Terry Olsen" <tolsen64@hotmail.com> wrote in message new...

O 2003
How do I find Newsgroups in Outlook 2003? You don't - you find them in Outlook Express or your preferred news reader. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cynthia asked: | How do I find Newsgroups in Outlook 2003? ...

cannot see inserted pictures in publisher 2003
cannot see pictures in 2003, although frame adjusting dots appear. I open new page, select insert picture (doesn't matter where from, still no different). Help please. Program worked on original pc which originally had an earlier version of publisher installed. The program is not an update, but full version. PC P4 running XP home and office XP View, pictures, detailed display.. If this is not the solution, you may need an upgraded video driver. Do this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If thi...

Outlook 2003 and OFL
I have been using Outlook 2003 for a while now, but all of a sudden I cannot get to the outlook forms library, outlook just hangs. If I try it on an XP version it works fine. Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening. Thanks Gavin... ...

Tracking down an SMTP address
Whats the best way to find what object (mailbox or pub folder) that an SMTP address is tied to. There's an addy that exsists in my Exchange environment (accepts mail), but I cannot find the parent object ??? Thanks ... if it's a mailbox, if you type in the address in a new email and execute a control K, it should resolve to the mailbox name...if it's a public folder, send an email with a "delivery reciept" on it... "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31aa01c3fd40$870a9da0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Whats the best w...

Exchnage 5.5 to Exchnage 2003
I am replacing the Old NT 4.0/Exchnage 5.5 box to a newer box. What is the most efficient method to move mailboxes and Public folders so that I can keep the same computer name/Domain name. I wish to minimise client PC to re-connect to the new Exchnage box as well eliminate re-synchronisation of Off line folders. Most of the users are remote users and their Outlook is synchronised on a regular basis I would welcome suggestion from various quaters Thank Jag Swing method: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];821896 -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Micro...