Exchange2003SP2 or Office2003SP2 removed user local delete right to favorite public folder

Hi there,

Tested that after installing exchange2003sp2, or office2003sp2, it removed
user's local delete right to favorite public folder, in which I got 2 major
problems:
1. user don't have access right to "save as msg" after opening a favorite
public folder email
2. user don't have access right to delete opened favorite public folder
emails
In both cases said "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this
operation on this object.  See the folder contact or your system
administrator"

Wondering if any furhter exchange/office hotfix to fix it?  Many thanks!

0
leemutpo (79)

If nobody else having this problem???

"Leemutpo" <leemutpo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Tested that after installing exchange2003sp2, or office2003sp2, it removed
> user's local delete right to favorite public folder, in which I got 2
> major problems:
> 1. user don't have access right to "save as msg" after opening a favorite
> public folder email
> 2. user don't have access right to delete opened favorite public folder
> emails
> In both cases said "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this
> operation on this object.  See the folder contact or your system
> administrator"
>
> Wondering if any furhter exchange/office hotfix to fix it?  Many thanks!

0
leemutpo (79)

User removed from Webport folder access
Hi, Whenever a report is published to Webport, some users would be automatically removed from folders which they have previously been granted access. In every of these cases, we have to delete the user ID, create them again, then assign them to the folders. Does anyone know what's the cause of this problem, and how we can rectify it without having to re-create the user ID, or to prevent this from happening in the first place? We are using Webport 6.5 with Great Plains 7.5 on Windows 2000 SP4. Thanks in advance! ...

Rule to delete sent meeting invitations
How do I create a rule that only deletes meeting invitations or invitation responses that I send? For all other messages that I send, I want them kept in the Sent folder. I'm on Outlook 2003. Thx Hall <hall@garp.org> wrote: > How do I create a rule that only deletes meeting invitations or > invitation responses that I send? For all other messages that I > send, I want them kept in the Sent folder. When you create the meeting request and before you send it, click File>Properties and uncheck the "Save copy of sent message" box. -- Brian Tillman Brian...

Local Area Connection : Access is denied.
I have Win-2000 Advanced Server running on a server box and somehow I have managed to get it all up and running. (ONCE) I have 3-workstation boxes (1 XP-Pro and 2-Win-2000) connected to the Server on the second network card and the first network card is connected to the Internet and sharing the Internet with the rest of the network..... NOW - all of the workstation Local Area Network connections are set-up the same (obtain ip address automatically) - - - WHY will one of the Win-2000 boxes connect fine while the other Win-2000 box and the XP-Pro box both now get an ERROR when trying to...

How Admin see user "Sent Items"
Hi all Exchange 2003 - small organization - as Admin - how do I look at & then archive to a PST a users "sent Items" folder ?? Thanks ERoss <elliot475@hotmail.com> wrote: >small organization - as Admin - how do I look at & then archive to a PST >a users "sent Items" folder ?? Use ExMerge. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com...

Event when removable drived added/removed
Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a removable drive is added or removed? Thanks LS "Lloyd Sheen" <a@b.c> wrote in news:#Xols58hKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a > removable drive is added or removed? Assume all removables are USB today. :-) Start here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/DriveDetector.aspx This is a wrapper project for the Windows libraries that work with these drives. Peace and Grace, -- Gregory A. Beamer (MVP) Twitter...

Require report with user ID and password
We require a report which has the user ID and the password. In version 9.0 the password is encrypted so we can not generate such a report currently. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowse...

Tracking Emails from Public Folders
I would like to use "Track in CRM" on emails in Public Folders just as I do on emails in my own mailbox. Does anyone how that can be done? This feature is not available with the Outlook client out of the box. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "P.Grandt" <PGrandt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E6AB669-B353-4D8B-B3DD-C29D4EC18612@microsoft.com... >I would like to use "Track in CRM" on emails in Public Folders just as I do > on emails in my own mailbox. Does anyon...

Removing records
I want to remove all records with the same identifier between the earliest date and the latest date so I'm left with 2 records only per identifier. Currently file looks like this; ID DATE 41491 10-Feb-03 41491 10-Feb-03 41491 7-Apr-03 41491 7-Apr-03 41491 6-Jun-03 41491 6-Jun-03 41492 10-Feb-03 41492 4-Apr-03 41494 17-Feb-03 41494 28-Apr-03 41497 7-Mar-03 41497 7-Mar-03 41497 1-Apr-03 41497 1-Apr-03 41499 17-Mar-03 41499 17-Mar-03 I want it to end up looking like this; 41491 10-Feb-03 41491 6-Jun-03 41492 10-Feb-03 41492 4-Apr-03 41494 17-Feb-03 41494 28-Apr-03 41497 7-Mar-03 4149...

Long Time User
Has anyone else noticed that most of the oddball problems with MS Money 2005 affect long time users of MS Money? Yes I've been a long time user of MS Money (although maybe not much longer) I upgraded to Money 2005 premium and it's a piece of junk! "cybun" wrote: > Has anyone else noticed that most of the oddball problems with MS Money 2005 > affect long time users of MS Money? ...

Managing Public Contact List
Hello, I'm trying to setup my Public Folder of contacts so that people can add a new entry, but add it pending approval. Our management wants our contractors to be able to add information into the public list, but would like to review it for completeness of information first. Is there a way to set new entries up for this approval process? I guess another way to go about this is to send an email to a person or mailing list saying that a new entry has been added. Any suggestions? Moderated public folder? http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Creating-Using-Moderated-Public-Folders-Exchan...

In Publisher, how do I remove part of a column line in a calendar
Using 2003 version and the fullpage monthly calendar template. I want to be able to use the undated boxes as a note area so want to get rid of the column lines for those boxes only With your cursor in the cell, lines, more lines. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "bettyann" <bettyann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:685663C4-FAF7-40D9-831F-4AD9473FE0AA@microsoft.com... > Using 2003 version and the fullpage monthly cale...

Delete contract
Hi Any way to delete expired contract? please help me.. Sujith Hi Sujith, There is no supported way to do this. Why would you want to delete expired contracts anyways? HTH, Niths "sujith" wrote: > Hi > > Any way to delete expired contract? > please help me.. > > Sujith Hi, thanks for quick reply. I have lot of duplicate entries in the expired contract list. Expired contract list is important for us. so we entered the past contract with past date. then it gone to the expired list. we need that record. But ther had some duplicate entries. Even there is ...

Setting and removing imagelist in CListCtrl
I am trying to figure out how to set, replace and remove an imagelist for a CListCtrl at runtime. If, during the creation of the CListCtrl, I set an imagelist, using SetImageList(), I am able to remove it using RemoveImageList(). But, the list control appears to still leave some space between the edge of the control and text items for an image of some kind (in report mode). Also, after removing the image, I am not able to re-set it. If I do not set an imagelist when creating the control, the text items appear next to the left edge of the control (in report mode). But, I am not able to...

Public folders #47
Trying to allow users to send on behalf of a public folder. I have granted users the permission to do so in exch sys manager, but even as administrator, it says "you do not have permission to send on behalf of this user" Why is this happening? How long did you wait after making the changes? It can take up to 2 hours for permissions changes to become effective. Just because you are an administrator doesn't mean that you'll automatically have Send on Behalf of permissions... -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Jez" <Jez@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How do I remove hyperlink if 'remove' option is disabled
The worksheet is most likely protected. Unprotect it from the Tools menu. Helpful advice here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Vipul" wrote in message This is where his message should have gone ...

Command Line/Script to Remove/Uninstall Program that can only be removed from Add or Remove Programs
Hello all, I need to come up with a command line/script to uninstall a program that can only be removed from Add or Remove Programs. Can anyone point me in the right direction to websites/tutorials/walk-thru's. Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly --------------------------- "Smokin' weed kills your brain cells. Drinkin' only screws up your liver...ya got 2 a those." - Earl Hickey (NBC's "My Name is Earl") If Milli Vanilli falls in the woods, does someone else make a sound? "Conan Kelly&...

Remove Page Break In Excel 97
I recently uninstalled Office 2000 which was licensed to my employer and installed my personal copy of Office 97. I have noticed some strange behavior in Excel 97. The most recent, and easiest to explain, is this. I added a page break and later decided to remove it. I right clicked on a cell below the break but the "Remove Page Break" command was not on the drop down menu. Can anyone help? Thanks I've got both Excel 2000 and Excel 97, and I don't get an option to "remove page break" by right-clicking on the cell below the break in either version. I remov...

Removing Special Characters
Hello, I exported to Excel 2003 my Outlook Calendar and now I have a lot of odd little square characters that I cannot remove. Any suggestions please? Thank you! Cathy "Cathy Landry" wrote: > I exported to Excel 2003 my Outlook Calendar > and now I have a lot of odd little square characters > that I cannot remove. Any suggestions please? Refer to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP030561311033.aspx. Basically, you can use CLEAN to remove nonprinting characters with ASCII codes 0-31. But I suspect the nonprinting characters you are seeing (hm...

cannot remove country holidays
Hi, can anyone tell me how to remove a loaded country holiday set once I've installed it? I have erroneously loaded a country holiday set to my calendar and can't figure out how to remove it. Thanks. Click Calendar . On the View menu, point to Current View, and then click Events. Select the holidays you want to remove. To select multiple rows, press the CTRL key and click subsequent rows. Click Delete on the standard toolbar. Thank you! -Trish >-----Original Message----- >Click Calendar . >On the View menu, point to Current View, and then click Events. >Select the...

setting the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I set the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders? For the moment the View settings apply to a particular folder and I have = to set them manually in every folder. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <...

Removing the password requirement when importing/opening a pst fil
I backed up and also archived several outlook pst files. I've since resaved them from CDs to my hardrive and removed the read only attribute. Nevertheless, everytime I try to open them I get a dialog box asking for the password. The problem is, I never set a password in the first place. Does anyone know how to get around this? I've been trying to figure this out for months. Thanks Solly-man <Solly-man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I backed up and also archived several outlook pst files. I've since > resaved them from CDs to my hardrive and removed the...

Send Email(s) by selecting users from user form
good day, i have created a user form which has 11 individuals, and three groups - using the checkbox for selections (name1, name2, name3, etc...) - the name is displayed, not the email. is it possible to create an email list based on the checkboxes to send an email to the selected individuals? i want to call the userform from within the Sub Mail_ActiveSheet_PDF_Outlook() macro if a condition on the worksheet is met - i can do this part; i know that the response needs to be set at the begining of the macro as a string so i know i need to add "Dim selection As String...

removing folders
I recently copied everything from Outlook Express on my oldest computer to my newest computer (both computers run WinXP SP3). I'll be taking the new one on a trip and want to delete some folders before I leave. What's the best way to do this to assure that the emails in the folders are no longer on the computer? Should I simply delete the folders in OE and then compact? Would it work better to go to the Store Folder and delete the folders there? (Is there any difference?) Thank you! Jo-Anne Delete any folders you want to get rid of. Then close OE and go to the ...

List View Report Mode Right Side Scroll bar. How?
For a list view in report mode, I see there is an dialog editor property extended option for a left scroll bar. How can I get a right side scroll bar? Thanks "hector" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ewNLgH4SEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > For a list view in report mode, I see there is an dialog editor property > extended option for a left scroll bar. How can I get a right side scroll > bar? I think this is the default scrollbar alignment (on LTR systems anyway). The ListView control will show the vertical scrollbar when their are enough entries to re...

Outlook express "Folders" file
Everytime I run the maintenance routine in Outlook Express, when I compact the folders, it stops at the "folders" file and says that the file is being used by Outlook Express or another application. It is driving me crazy. No other apps are using the file and it needs to be compacted. Please help Thanks in advance Try excluding the .dbx file type from your antivirus software. "Joseph Ferraro" <jsjf@optonline.net> wrote in message news:Yikyd.7273$bW4.7032@fe09.lga... > Everytime I run the maintenance routine in Outlook Express, when I compact > the fo...