exchange2003 std Allocated Memory

like in 5.5, is now possible to set the amount of memory exchange uses?
Setting report limits higher is not controller the monster.
Thank you for your support.

Yes, you can through the Performance Optimizer.  However, that is not a
recommended practice.  Be aware that Exchange's Information Store Service
uses all available memory for caching of data, but will release memory when
needed by other services.  Are you sure that you're seeing a real problem
and not an illusory one?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"BrianMultiLanguage" <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E58AAD40-E3C6-4744-896F-6383BF06BD4E@microsoft.com...
> like in 5.5, is now possible to set the amount of memory exchange uses?
> Setting report limits higher is not controller the monster.
> Thank you for your support.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/1/2005 6:25:32 PM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:58:01 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage
<BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>like in 5.5, is now possible to set the amount of memory exchange uses?
>Setting report limits higher is not controller the monster.
>Thank you for your support.

It was a bit smoke and mirrors in 5.5 and a lot of the pretence was
dispensed with in 2000. Now, there was an article a long time ago for
2000 but I can't find it anymore and don't know if it applies to 2003
anyway.
The bottom line is that, given a well configured system that isn't
overloaded with all manner of extra's, Exchange will release what it
thinks is required for use.
0
mark7219 (5666)
9/1/2005 6:27:54 PM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:58:01 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage
<BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>like in 5.5, is now possible to set the amount of memory exchange uses?
>Setting report limits higher is not controller the monster.
>Thank you for your support.

Which monster is this?  Why do you want to limit it?

You shouldnt try to limit memory usage in Exchange regardless even if
there was a magic button.

0
adavid (8731)
9/1/2005 6:29:25 PM
SO it's using more then the recommended.
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx
It is out of control, aka a monster.
yes?

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:58:01 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage
> <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >like in 5.5, is now possible to set the amount of memory exchange uses?
> >Setting report limits higher is not controller the monster.
> >Thank you for your support.
>
> It was a bit smoke and mirrors in 5.5 and a lot of the pretence was
> dispensed with in 2000. Now, there was an article a long time ago for
> 2000 but I can't find it anymore and don't know if it applies to 2003
> anyway.
> The bottom line is that, given a well configured system that isn't
> overloaded with all manner of extra's, Exchange will release what it
> thinks is required for use.

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:45:36 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage
<BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>SO it's using more then the recommended.
>http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx
>It is out of control, aka a monster.
>yes?

That a minimum recommendation.

>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:58:01 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage
>> <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >like in 5.5, is now possible to set the amount of memory exchange uses?
>> >Setting report limits higher is not controller the monster.
>> >Thank you for your support.
>>
>> It was a bit smoke and mirrors in 5.5 and a lot of the pretence was
>> dispensed with in 2000. Now, there was an article a long time ago for
>> 2000 but I can't find it anymore and don't know if it applies to 2003
>> anyway.
>> The bottom line is that, given a well configured system that isn't
>> overloaded with all manner of extra's, Exchange will release what it
>> thinks is required for use.

0
adavid (8731)
9/1/2005 6:53:40 PM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:45:36 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage
<BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>SO it's using more then the recommended.
>http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx
>It is out of control, aka a monster.
>yes?

Nooo, is it hell.
It's not a monster, it's an application that's using the amount of
memory that it thinks it needs.
Now, one thing that might cause you a little but of grief is the Anti
Virus. That might start chewing and not releasing memory.

Follow Ed Crowley's advice, check if there are things that may be
laying blame at the door of Exchange but can be attributed to
something else.

Exchange is always well behaved on it's own. If you apply some dodgy
anti virus, anti spam or load the server up with apps that get and
keep memory then you'll have agro.

What, exactly, have you got running on your little wannabe monster?

0
mark7219 (5666)
9/1/2005 6:57:57 PM
I keep getting allocated memory is high warnings ( ihave raised this limit
several times) and the dog at the top is store.exe

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes, you can through the Performance Optimizer.  However, that is not a
> recommended practice.  Be aware that Exchange's Information Store Service
> uses all available memory for caching of data, but will release memory when
> needed by other services.  Are you sure that you're seeing a real problem
> and not an illusory one?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "BrianMultiLanguage" <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E58AAD40-E3C6-4744-896F-6383BF06BD4E@microsoft.com...
> > like in 5.5, is now possible to set the amount of memory exchange uses?
> > Setting report limits higher is not controller the monster.
> > Thank you for your support.

sbs2003, sharepoint, anti-
virus, spyware, spam.
2 printers.
2gig ram

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:45:36 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage
> <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >SO it's using more then the recommended.
> >http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx
> >It is out of control, aka a monster.
> >yes?
> >
> Nooo, is it hell.
> It's not a monster, it's an application that's using the amount of
> memory that it thinks it needs.
> Now, one thing that might cause you a little but of grief is the Anti
> Virus. That might start chewing and not releasing memory.
>
> Follow Ed Crowley's advice, check if there are things that may be
> laying blame at the door of Exchange but can be attributed to
> something else.
>
> Exchange is always well behaved on it's own. If you apply some dodgy
> anti virus, anti spam or load the server up with apps that get and
> keep memory then you'll have agro.
>
> What, exactly, have you got running on your little wannabe monster?

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:08:02 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage
<BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>sbs2003, sharepoint, anti-
>virus, spyware, spam.
>2 printers.
>2gig ram
>
>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

Your SBS should be managing memory very well. I would suggest you
progressively turn off the extra's (spyware, spam, virus)
One thing strikes me though. What spyware? You shouldn't be Internet
browsing on that box anyway and shouldn't need spyware protection.

If you have the MS spyware beta on that box then you should get it
off, and right now.
0
mark7219 (5666)
9/1/2005 8:26:40 PM
the spyware is Sunbelts and it's pushed out to the WS.
Thanks I tweak some more.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:08:02 -0700, BrianMultiLanguage
> <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >sbs2003, sharepoint, anti-
> >virus, spyware, spam.
> >2 printers.
> >2gig ram
> >
> >"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> Your SBS should be managing memory very well. I would suggest you
> progressively turn off the extra's (spyware, spam, virus)
> One thing strikes me though. What spyware? You shouldn't be Internet
> browsing on that box anyway and shouldn't need spyware protection.
>
> If you have the MS spyware beta on that box then you should get it
> off, and right now.

From what are you getting these warnings?  Please post the exact warning and
its source.
--

message news:AE3E8939-EAF4-4589-8B59-1A092DDBA713@microsoft.com...
>I keep getting allocated memory is high warnings ( ihave raised this limit
> several times) and the dog at the top is store.exe
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Yes, you can through the Performance Optimizer.  However, that is not a
>> recommended practice.  Be aware that Exchange's Information Store Service
>> uses all available memory for caching of data, but will release memory
>> when
>> needed by other services.  Are you sure that you're seeing a real problem
>> and not an illusory one?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "BrianMultiLanguage" <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:E58AAD40-E3C6-4744-896F-6383BF06BD4E@microsoft.com...
>> > like in 5.5, is now possible to set the amount of memory exchange uses?
>> > Setting report limits higher is not controller the monster.
>> > Thank you for your support.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Studying Exchange2003
Hi All I am hoping someone can help or should I say advise me on this. I have worked with exchange 5.5, 2000 and now 2003 and still feel I really do not know or undertsand the product. Maybe this is because I really have not had any problems within the organisations I've worked with and I'ce only worked on smaill sites. I've passed my MCP in Ex5.5 and would like to do Ex2003. I have two questions 1. Can anyone recommend a good study guide for Ex2003 MCP 2. Also some good books so I may get to understand ex2003 in a more indepth manner Wayne Inline below. -- Ed Cro...

Exchange2003 OWA
Hi, when I am at the remote I have to type mail.mydomainname.com\exchange to get to OWA, what do I need to do to type just mail.mydomainname.com? Thank you put a default.asp file in the websites root directory with a Response.Redirect("exchange url here") line in it "Lino767" <Lino767@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D3F698C-5928-48AF-9EE7-83C71194B68D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > when I am at the remote I have to type mail.mydomainname.com\exchange to > get > to OWA, what do I need to do to type just mail.mydomainname.com? &g...

Excel 2007 Out of Memory Errors
I've had several users encounter the same errors when having Excel 2007 open for an hour or two. They get errors such as 'not enough system resources to display completely' or 'excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other'. Also, the screen seems to 'hang' up or buttons on the excel bar disappear, etc. All these users are running new computers with 4 GB ram, dual dual-core processors, and XP SP3 with all the latest updates. We have exact the same problem on differen machines 2-4GB RAM. I found the following li...

SBS 2008 Std.
Hi all, I have a client who had SBS 2008 std. installed about 6 months ago. He is using POP email account for email. (Office 2007) He is not using exchange. I have tried to convince him to switch to exchange since he has a static IP but he is happy with his current setup. Oh well. He wants to use "Shared Calendars" for is office staff (5) total internal domain only. Can I setup just that feature for him? Thanks, Frank In SBS 2008, the shared calendar is part of Sharepoint not Exchange. "Frank" <ffarero@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:4...

Budget Allocation
Hi, Is it possible to allocate a monetary value for a recurring bill in the budget? (Money 2003) My budget keeps showing all items that are also listed in bills as being "Over Budget". Thanks, Jack ...

Memory problem
Hi i have quite huge excell file with pivot tables, I generate every day raports from it, however today I have got message like: Not enough memory and then error with accessing Access database which is probably related to memory problem. Do you know what kind of memory does excell use ? What should I change or how can I check where is the problem ? regards Peter ...

Custom allocators
Hi, I was reading in a previous thread that some of the C++ experts wrote that a positive point of STL containers like std::vector is that it is possible to provide a custom allocator. I wonder what is the purpose of that. When is a custom allocator needed? In what kind of scenarios? There is no way to do that with MFC containers? Thanks in advance, MrAsm On Apr 10, 2:02 pm, MrAsm <m...@usa.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I was reading in a previous thread that some of the C++ experts wrote > that a positive point of STL containers like std::vector is that it is > possible to ...

Exchange2003
We are running SBS2003. All of a sudden we were not getting mail delivered. It is sitting in the SMTP virtual server in the "messages waiting directory look-up" queue. How do I restart the process of getting it delivered? Any help would be appreciated. Lanny Have you tried restarting SMTP virtual server? Do you see anything relevant in App Event log? Lanny wrote: > We are running SBS2003. All of a sudden we were not > getting mail delivered. It is sitting in the SMTP virtual > server in the "messages waiting directory look-up" queue. > How do I restart t...

memory leak`s
Hi, I am writing an mfc vs-6 application, when I am running my application for a long time I see in the task manager that the virtual memory is increasing, but the regular memory is the same I look in my application to find memory leak`s but I didn't find any even when I use third party application they didn't find any memory leck`s! How can I find it and fix it??? why only the virtual memory is increasing??? Thanks! Dave wrote: > Hi, > I am writing an mfc vs-6 application, when I am running my application for a > long time I see in the task manager that the virtual memor...

Beginner: Bit-blitting from memory DCs
My understanding of CGDI ojects and Bitmaps is tenuous at best, and I'm pretty lost here. Here's what I'm trying to do. In my CView's OnDraw function, I create a memory DC, draw to it, and then BitBlt to the screen to reduce flicker. That part works great. Sometimes my app runs "processes" wherein I want to be able to draw/move new stuff in the view, while preserving the "background" (i.e. stuff that had previously been drawn by the document). To keep things fast, I don't want to keep calling the view's OnDraw function. So here's what I did. R...

Conflict with USB memory stick.
My program writes data to a file. I use CFileDialog to select the output path and name. I have noticed something odd. If, using CFileDialog, I select an output path and name that is located on my USB memory stick, the file is written correctly. Naturally the CFileDialog has closed. However when I click the tray icon to release the memory stick, the operating system gives me a message saying that it can't release the memory stick, try again later. It's the same message that I would get if there was an explorer window open for a directory on the memory stick. If I terminate my pr...

Recovere deleted items in Exchange2003
Hi. I have a user that loves to press shift+delete for deleting e-mails. Is it possible to recovere e-mails that have been deleted this way? According to our conusltant who has installed our Exchange server, it should be possible. Thank you in advance. Dag N If you have deleted item retention configured on the information store and the item hasn't expired, then yes, it can be recovered. you may need to set the DumpsterAlwaysOn registry key for Outlook though. "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:uKbnz1T4GHA.3444@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi. > ...

Outlook 2k sp3 memory issue
Workstation memory climbs to 2 gig usage once Outlook opens, close Outlook and the memory is not released. I must reboot to release the memory. Same mailbox configured on laptop connected to the network - no problems. Task Mgr shows 20 meg for outlook.exe Any Ideas? Thx Tek tek4u <tek4u@yahoo.com> wrote: > Workstation memory climbs to 2 gig usage once Outlook opens, close > Outlook and the memory is not released. I must reboot to release the > memory. Same mailbox configured on laptop connected to the network - > no problems. Task Mgr shows 20 meg for outlook.exe >...

Out of memory during install
Anybody no how to sove this problem? I am getting this error message when I try to convert from Quicken 2002 to MS Money ...

Not Enough Memory #5
I am tring to open two spreadsheets about 30Mb each, but it keeps on saying "Not Enough Memory" how can I fix this? Argghh! Surely it can handle this amount. Thanks Adam "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35B350C9-C3A2-4D36-89A4-A987EB146E99@microsoft.com > I am tring to open two spreadsheets about 30Mb each, but it keeps on > saying "Not Enough Memory" how can I fix this? > > Argghh! Surely it can handle this amount. > > Thanks > > Adam Try emptying your Temp Internet and Temp folders Thanks but s...

How to forward email in Exchange2003
Shortly we have windows server 2003 instead of windows NT, now the problem is that I don't know how to forward mail from a user to a second email-adres within Exchange2003. ...

Windows2003 and Exchange2003
I need some guideance and explaination on the relationship between Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003, in realtion to upgrading from 2000 based systems. I currently have 10 Windows 2000 servers. 5 of them are domain controllers, which are spread out accross different locations. 5 of them are not domain controllers, but are also spread out. 1 of these servers is my Exchange 2000 server, it is running Exchange2000 Enterprise, and it is also a Windows2000 domain controller. I want to upgrade my exchange to Exchange2003. What do I have to do? Can I upgrade to Exchange2003 on Windows2000 Doma...

Pls help Asset Allocation Question
My brother is 51 years and his wife is 46 yrs old. He is thinking of buying a home. He is not sure of how much of his total wealth / net worth should be in Stocks and Real estate Someone told him that cash and bonds aside, real estate and Stocks ( incl stock mutual funds) should be approx 50% each Since both stocks ( incl stock mutual funds) and real estate are more volatile, he was told to split that portion of his net wealth.. 50% each. Pls let me know if this is generally speaking, approximately correct...because I know it is difficult to be absolutely correct in these things with s...

Access 2003 'out of memory' error
Hi, I have just upgraded to msaccess 2003, my database has been running fine up until this point. I now can only run some of the procedures, it will not allow me to compile nor even add certain procedures claiming the 'out of memory' error. very annoying and I cannot solve this alone, can anyone help please? many thanks dave ...

Asset Allocation Accounts
Hi, I upgraded to Money 2006 a few weeks ago. Since then, in the asset allocation tool ALL of my accounts are included under "Pick Accounts to Include". Even when I go into that menu a de-select accounts, any changes are undone immediately and automatically. This renders an already weak tool completely useless to me. Any suggestions? ...

need more memory for my app
Hi All My application is graphically intencive and right now is using 160 MB of memory and it doesn't bitblt certain things even though I have installed 1 GB of RAM so I need to allocate more memory from windows by brute force and in the code. Could u please tell me how I can do it in code, I have used some SDK functions in C but could not allocate more memory. Thank You in Advance To allocate in C, use malloc(). To allocate in C++, use the new operator. "Frank" <p_guru_2050@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:U35Xc.3134$HO6.3109@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com.....

Exchange2003 RPC over HTTP problem
I have tried to set up a simple configuration: a Windows2003 server with two network adapters. In one network I have an Exchange 2003 server and in the other network I had setup an Outlook 2003 client. The main purpose for this configuration is to get my client to connect to my Exchange server using RPC over HTTP using this simple configuration and only after this succeds, I want to install ISA Server 2004 on my two NICs server. The two NICs server is routing-enabled so there is proper TCP/IP communication between my two networks (succesfuly tested). I have configured my Outlook 2003 c...

Not enough Memory #4
Dennis, I booted up in Safe Mode and tried to open the excel application bu got the same "Not Enough Memory" error. I didn't see many othe programs running. I guess it is not looking good. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Crai -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27067 ...

How to forward email in Exchange2003 #3
I was read to your message,I have the same problem please help me this subject and explain please me, I set the creating a new contact user and smtp email adress active directory and I set the 'baydugan' (exchange AD) acouunt propertis exchange general tap delivery options and forward to created a contact adress and aplly ok so is this a outlook settings default baydugan (exchange account) and later I create the pop3 account sales@xxx.com now! when I send the sales@xxx.com later I am see a another account for delivery completed but not recieve a mail what is a problem! but when I ...

Output space available / Storage Space Allocation on home page
i - I only have access to WSS3 not MOSS but would like to output the available space on the site on the home page. I get this from the Storage Space Allocation under the Site Collection Administration as I have Administrator rights but can't find a way to output the field or amend permissions so that other users can see this information without giving them fulll admin rights. Just to repeat I don't have access to MOSS as the site is hosted elsewhere. Thanks for any help, Sheila ...