Exchange web access does not poll messages until.

Exchange web access does not poll from our pop account until someone in our
office does a send and receive on our particular workstations. Is there a
way around this? We try a send receive from within our web access but it
does not poll from our pop accounts.

by the way we are using server 2003 , and exchange server 2003.

Thanks guys

Are you using a POP connector or Internet Mail in Outlook? If the former,
the send/receive settings are determined by the POP connector itself. If the
latter, you aren't going to be able to use Internet Mail in OWA very
efficiently (without someone who is logged into the workstation running
Outlook doing send/receive). Can you get rid of POP and just host your own
mail on Exchange so mail is sent and received automatically/immediately?

looker wrote:
> Exchange web access does not poll from our pop account until someone
> in our office does a send and receive on our particular workstations.
> Is there a way around this? We try a send receive from within our web
> access but it does not poll from our pop accounts.
>
> by the way we are using server 2003 , and exchange server 2003.
>
> Thanks guys

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange Cluster

Your message was deleted without being read.
This option was available with exchange 5.5 and earlier outlook clients. Today, we are running exchange 2003 ee server along with outlook 2002 clients. Is there any way to tell if a global message is being deleted by users without being read without turing on the "read receipt" in tracking options? All I want to do is tell which users are deleting the messages internally. Thanks. mike No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx &qu...

Exchange

Configure regional settings and language from access VBA
Hi all i build automation in access that updates the data base one of the problem i bumped is that if the regional setting are on other language beside english it will raise an error indicating on the characters is there an option to stablize the automation to the relevant the language that the windows use ((for example i had problem when the language in the regional language settings was on german ...

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

ADSL - WIFI
NETWORK: Conexant ADSL SOHO Router 4 Port Switch. DHCP=10.0.0.3 to 6, Fixed IP of 10.0.0.2 3Com WiFi 11b & 54g Fixed IP of 10.0.0.1, Currently No DHCP, No WEP, MAC Address selection SET to Users. ESSID not broadcasted. PC(1) Toshiba Satellite Pro - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Fixed PROXY set & WiFi 54g PCMCIA (Home Only) Currently IP=10.0.0.5,DNS=10.0.0.2 PC(2) Toshiba Portege - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Auto & Built in 11b WiFi = IP Auto, DNS Auto. Both XP Pro PCs belong to professionals set up on different Domains who only want to get wireless internet access not local network. DI...

Excel query of Access database
I have an excel workbook where I've queried a table in access. When I first setup the query, I did it through the get external data query wizard, browsed, found my access database (called database_010306.mdb) and selected my table. All was fine. Now, I am renaming my temporary named database (database_010306.mdb) to just database.mdb. So I've got to tell Excel the new filename. I thought I had it when I went to "edit query" in Excel, then went to "Microsoft Query", looked at the SQL code and changed the FROM statement to point to my new filename. When I closed Mic...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

New user profile cannot access CRM
Howdy, I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs, and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE? Thanks, David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped out the CR...

Web searching redirects
Hello, Recently, don't know why, I have been getting redirected to others sites when I do a web search. To fix this myself, I went into my security and changed things to stop this from happening and really not knowing what I was doing. Unfortunetly, I did all wrong things as I now do not have sound, I cannot view any video, and I still get redirected. In my internet security settings I have MESSED this up so bad that I am unsure what needs to be enabled or disabled. Does anyone know or know where I can get the settings to fix this problem? jdw Search redirects are ...

Outlook Web not displaying email list
I am running xp pro and IE 6.0. When I connect to outlook web, it displays my shortcuts down the left side but it does not display my email list. What would be the causes of this? Thanks. Greg what do you see in the email list? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 &q...

Exchange / POP3

Running SQL SELECT statements in Access runtime
[Access 2003] I have a number of applications deployed to clients that have only Access runtime throughout the organization. In all cases, I have remote access to their systems, since I also provide IT support. All are split FE/BE implementations. Occasionally, a customer will need a quick, one-time query or report, or I need to do a query remotely to identify a data anomaly. Since I cannot run a query directly in Access runtime without embedding it in a form, I have (at least) two choices (leaving out the option, for the moment, of deploying a full copy of Access to the se...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

access denied on my PST just brun to CD-ROM
Dear, My Outlook 2003 can't open the PST from the CD-ROM disc with prompt "Access Denied". I was archive the email to the file (not burning the primary PST). I made a backup to the CD-ROM disc. I wanna make a test with the file burn... I can't read. I was restart the Computer without open Outlook then Burn. However I still got this message. -david you need to copy the pst back to the hard drive and remove the read only flag. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Can not access to MS CRM from a distant machine
Hello, I ve tried to access to the CRM from the browser of a distant machine (the domain controller) then windows display the authentication form I log on with the administrator account but it fails and the browser is closed . I should mention that I ve added the CRM Site as a trusted site . What Shall I do to cure this? Is there a security confoguration in the CRM Site?? Hi Ahmed, You should first check in InetMgr (IIS Manager) to see if you have given any port # during the installation by right clicking Microsoft CRM web site and choosing properties. If it is any port other than 8...

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Blank message instead of "Do you wish to save changes to your document?"
I'm updating a program that was originally written by someone else. In their original version, when you attempt to close a document window that you made changes in, it gives you the usual dialog box, "Do you wish to save changes to Document, [Yes][No][Cancel]." However, in my new version of the program, the dialog that comes up is blank, although it does have the [Yes][No][Cancel] buttons on it. I'm curious as to what I did to mess this up as I don't recall messing around with document saving anywhere. Where in the code would I look for where it is bringing up the Sav...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000