Exchange version and service pack

Where can I find the version and the most recent service pack installed for
Exchange? Thank you, Cheryl

Hello Cheryl,

to determine the version of your exchange server open the exchange
management console and have a look at the server properties.
You will find the servers software version and the build count. this is what
it means (taken from http://www.msexchangefaq.de):

Exchange 4.0 (Version 4.0)
      Version Build Bemerkung
      4.0 RTM 4.0.837.x April 1996
      4.0 SP 1 4.0.838.x Mai 1996
      4.0 SP 2 4.0.993.x August 1996
      4.0 RTM(a) 4.0.993.x August 1996
      4.0 SP 3 4.0.994.x November 1996
      4.0 SP 4 4.0.995.x April 1997
      4.0 SP 5 4.0.996.x Mai 1998

Exchange 5.5 (Version 5.5)
      Version Build Bemerkung
      5.5 RTM 5.5.1960.x November 1997
      5.5 SP1 5.5.2232.x Juli 1998
      5.5 SP2 5.5.2448.x Dezember 1998
      5.5 SP3 5.5.2650.x September 1999
      5.5 SP4 5.5.2653.x November 2000
      ? ? 12.9.2001
      Exchange 5.5 Web Client Hotfix 2655.39

Exchange 2000 (Version 6.0)
      Version Build Bemerkung
      2000 RTM 6.0.4417.5 Oktober 2000
      Erfordert mindestens W2K SP1 und Active Directory.
      2000 RTM (a) 6.0.4417.5 Januar 2001
      RPC Patch 6.0.4419.6 19.7.2001
      Exchange 2000 RPC Patch 4419.6
      2000 SP1 6.0.4712.7 July 2001
      Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
      2000 SP2 6.0.5762.4 29. Nov 2001
      Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
      2000 SP3 6.0.6249.4 18. Juli 2002
      Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6396.1 M�rz 2003
      ADC wurde ebenfalls aktualisiert
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6487.1 Sep 2003 (KB824282)
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.3 M�rz 2004 (KB813840)
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.4 April 2004 (KB836488)
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.5 ReRelease des (KB836488) am 27.5

Exchange 2003 (Version 6.5)
      Version Build Bemerkung
      2003 RTM 6.5.6944.4 Juli 2003
      CDOPatch 6.5.6980.3 18. Aug 2003
      Exchange 2003 CDO Patch 6980.3
      Storefix 6.5.6980.57 Sep 2003
      KB Artikel 832759
      MS Security Bulletin MS04-002
      Storefix 6.5.6980.57 13. Jan 2004
      KB Artikel 832759
      MS Security Bulletin MS04-002
      Storefix 6.5.6980.72 20 April 2004
      Update Rollup for Exchange 2003 (KB838236)
      E3KSP1 6.5.06.7226.6 25. Mai 2003
      Exchange 2003 SP1 Download

What version of Exchange, 5.5, 2000 or 2003?

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in message
> Where can I find the version and the most recent service pack installed
> for
> Exchange? Thank you, Cheryl

0
Mark
6/17/2004 3:45:16 PM
Thank you!

"Christian Sch�ffler" <christian.schaeffler@messring.de> wrote in message
> Hello Cheryl,
>
> to determine the version of your exchange server open the exchange
> management console and have a look at the server properties.
> You will find the servers software version and the build count. this is
what
> it means (taken from http://www.msexchangefaq.de):
>
> Exchange 4.0 (Version 4.0)
>       Version Build Bemerkung
>       4.0 RTM 4.0.837.x April 1996
>       4.0 SP 1 4.0.838.x Mai 1996
>       4.0 SP 2 4.0.993.x August 1996
>       4.0 RTM(a) 4.0.993.x August 1996
>       4.0 SP 3 4.0.994.x November 1996
>       4.0 SP 4 4.0.995.x April 1997
>       4.0 SP 5 4.0.996.x Mai 1998
>
> Exchange 5.5 (Version 5.5)
>       Version Build Bemerkung
>       5.5 RTM 5.5.1960.x November 1997
>       5.5 SP1 5.5.2232.x Juli 1998
>       5.5 SP2 5.5.2448.x Dezember 1998
>       5.5 SP3 5.5.2650.x September 1999
>       5.5 SP4 5.5.2653.x November 2000
>       ? ? 12.9.2001
>       Exchange 5.5 Web Client Hotfix 2655.39
>
> Exchange 2000 (Version 6.0)
>       Version Build Bemerkung
>       2000 RTM 6.0.4417.5 Oktober 2000
>       Erfordert mindestens W2K SP1 und Active Directory.
>       2000 RTM (a) 6.0.4417.5 Januar 2001
>       RPC Patch 6.0.4419.6 19.7.2001
>       Exchange 2000 RPC Patch 4419.6
>       2000 SP1 6.0.4712.7 July 2001
>       Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
>       2000 SP2 6.0.5762.4 29. Nov 2001
>       Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
>       2000 SP3 6.0.6249.4 18. Juli 2002
>       Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6396.1 M�rz 2003
>       ADC wurde ebenfalls aktualisiert
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6487.1 Sep 2003 (KB824282)
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.3 M�rz 2004 (KB813840)
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.4 April 2004 (KB836488)
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.5 ReRelease des (KB836488) am 27.5
>
> Exchange 2003 (Version 6.5)
>       Version Build Bemerkung
>       2003 RTM 6.5.6944.4 Juli 2003
>       CDOPatch 6.5.6980.3 18. Aug 2003
>       Exchange 2003 CDO Patch 6980.3
>       Storefix 6.5.6980.57 Sep 2003
>       KB Artikel 832759
>       MS Security Bulletin MS04-002
>       Storefix 6.5.6980.57 13. Jan 2004
>       KB Artikel 832759
>       MS Security Bulletin MS04-002
>       Storefix 6.5.6980.72 20 April 2004
>       Update Rollup for Exchange 2003 (KB838236)
>       E3KSP1 6.5.06.7226.6 25. Mai 2003
>       Exchange 2003 SP1 Download

Exchange 2000

"Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
> What version of Exchange, 5.5, 2000 or 2003?
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> http://www.msexchange.org
> "Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in message
> > Where can I find the version and the most recent service pack installed
> > for
> > Exchange? Thank you, Cheryl

Open the properties for the server in Exchange System Manager, and it will
tell you what service pack you have installed, if you see a checkbox "This
is a front-end server" then you are running Enterprise, if that checkbox is
not there you are running Standard.

--
> Exchange 2000
>

> "Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
>> What version of Exchange, 5.5, 2000 or 2003?
>>
>> --
>> Mark Fugatt
>> Exchange MVP
>> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>> http://www.msexchange.org
>> "Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in message
>> > Where can I find the version and the most recent service pack installed
>> > for
>> > Exchange? Thank you, Cheryl

0
Mark
6/17/2004 4:12:11 PM
Thank you Mark.

> Open the properties for the server in Exchange System Manager, and it will
> tell you what service pack you have installed, if you see a checkbox "This
> is a front-end server" then you are running Enterprise, if that checkbox
is
> not there you are running Standard.
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> http://www.msexchange.org
> "Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in message
> > Exchange 2000
> >

> > "Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
> >> What version of Exchange, 5.5, 2000 or 2003?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark Fugatt
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> >> http://www.msexchange.org
> >> "Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in
message

Removing the first exchange 2003 server from the forest using asdi
I had two exchange 2003 servers that had been upgraded from 2000. The machines were weak so we bought two new machines. I transferred everything, and all was fine. Then I went to uninstall exhange on the old servers. It kept saying that their were mailboxes in use that I knew did not exist. I tried everything. It would not shut up. We ended up needing two servers for something else so I just formatted them and started again. Now I would like to tie up the lose ends in the directory. What do I need to delete? - Did you follow kba 307917? Rehomed public folders? No issues with OAB and...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

Shared Mailbox setup Exchange 2007
Hi, I have setup a shared mailbox called "sales" on Exchange 2007 and i have allowed users to send as. However when I go to webaccess i cannot log in. The shared mailbox user "Sales" is disabled. Can anyone help with a step by step setup guide? On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:16:03 -0700, cruiseyunfat <cruiseyunfat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I have setup a shared mailbox called "sales" on Exchange 2007 and i have >allowed users to send as. However when I go to webaccess i cannot log in. >The shared mailbox user "Sales" is dis...

Server 2008 R2 Terminal Services (RDS)
Hi, I am setting up a test system using Server 2008 R2. I have plenty of experience with Server 2008 but I am still a bit new to RDS. I have configured RemoteApp and published a few applications. All seems to work great except that I don't have the warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you know all the ins and outs of a configuration. I would like to learn how to customize the TS Web page, perhaps group published applications into folders, add security based on users/groups etc. If there a good book I can get to learn this stuff? I am not looking for a general book but so...

How to leave copy of email on exchange server
How do I leave a copy of my email on the server in Outlook 2003? It worked great in Outlook XP. But now in Outlook 2003, it deletes all messages off the server automatically. Help! Make sure you aren't checking your mail via POP3. Make sure that the default delivery location is your Exchange mailbox and not a personal folders file. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "travis" <tcole@ipcinc.com> wrote in message news:02d301c3c686$4cc03c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I leave a copy of my e...

Web Service
Hi all, I am going to implement the web services for GP 9.0, what i need to do is to stream line the acquisition process to create A/R, A/P, G/L while purchasing asset in Fixed Asset module, I wonder whether I can use the Web Service to archieve this or should I simply use eConnect? Which way is better? Thanks a lot. --Ricky ...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Exchange 5.5 SP4 #2
I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any suggestions? has any event log? -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Sam" <salobaidi@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :3253e735.0410281852.71e170a4@posting.google.com... > I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and > receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any > suggestions? In post-SP3 and SP4 MTAs, the MTA requires FQDN resolution to work, so that may be it. As Jammy says, there should be something in the event log a...

Exchange 2003
Hello All: I have a global contact list in public folders that I would like to be able to access and email from while in OWA. Clients have access but I cannot figure out how to open up a contact and then select new email. The Icon is available in the tool bar but is grayed out. Is this possible to do? thanks ...

instant message in exchange 2003
Resp All, I want to know how will I use instant messaging in exchange 2003 as we did in exchange 2000.Is there any third party for it or any other solution.I will wait. thanx satendar Hi This is the wrong group to ask MS Exchange questions, but..... IM is not included in Exchange 2003, you need to have Microsoft Live Meeting server. Regards James "satendar" <satendar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69C9789B-5B8B-42CE-95D0-8C09F75C9345@microsoft.com... > Resp All, > I want to know how will I use instant messaging in exchange 2003 as we did >...

Importing Exchange Rates
We currently enter currency exchange rates manually into Dynamics GP9. Now we are looking for a FREE automated option. Someone suggested we use a RSS feed to get the info- we would then have to convert/prepare the data and use Integration Manager to import the info into GP (not sure yet how to automate all that). Has anyone else done this before or have any other suggestions? There is a sample Exchange Rate integration in Integration Manager. You should review the source file and destination mapping details in this integration to gain a sense of what data will be required for the ...

delete old exchange server from AD
Exchange System Manager shows two servers - one of which no longer exists. Now I can't remove the old server, because it does not exist! (I get the error message shown below) Just to be clear: the old exchange server hardware is gone. I cannot uninstall the old exchange server because the hardware is gone. I can't connect to the old exchange server because the hardware is gone. My existing exchange server is still trying to replicate to the old exchange server which no longer exists. Presumably the information is held in Active Directory. How do I tell my Exchange server not...

is "customer services synonymous with "sales" in CRM ?
Hello, Recently I have heard the use of "customer servcies" being used synonymously with"sales" functionality in CRM software - in particular if you have internal sales representatives. Is "customer services" a common term for sales features nowadays ? best regards Christian ...

Service Calendar (3.0)
Hello all, I've commented on this many times before and for an entire year i've been attempting to get some resolution to the issue. I went through the White paper on CRM optimization and did everythign that i'm capable of with Server limitations, etc. I downloaded one off the record (make a request) update for CRM not included in the rollups, and most recently i've downloaded another but have not installed it yet, but will (The update regarding many people saving activities while people are trying to view activities and getting a sql timeout error). To this day, eve...

Recipient update service
My recipient update service doesn't stamp the newly created e-mail addresses I get errors in the event log The file version of '\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' installed on the local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any server in the site. Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module 'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' for address type 'SMTP'. Error 0xc0070005. Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=CONIXARCHITECTEN,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Se...

Custom address list in Exchange 2003
Would like to create a custom address lists in Exchange 2003, for spesific users and mailenabled groups/DL I'm able to filter the users and groups separately but not the combination, how can i make a filter that creates an address lists that shows spesific users and groups. (criteria can be group-membersip or email-domain -address) Can this be done through a LDAP search? In that case, can someone give me an example of that LDAP search? /Harald Create each filter and look at the corresponding LDAP query. You can the do a logical OR of the two queries (cleaning up any redundancies)...

Exchange 2K Public folder Multiple Users
Our web guru here generated a PDF form that sales uses to issue amendments to customer orders. The form gets dumped in a public folder and the users who need to review and approve/reject it get notified via email to go to the public folder and review/update the form. The problem I have is that if multiple people get in the form at the same time, the confict message is generated and then 2 copies of the form is generated. Is there a way around this so that a 2nd form is not generated. If not, can I set Exchange to display a notification to users if someone already has the PDF form op...

Sync Outlook Notes 2007 with Exchange
I'm running Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2010. I use my notes in Outlook quite a bit, but my OWA or Active Sync on my mobile device doesn't give me a chance to sync notes anymore. I'm sure this is an exchange questions, but wondered if anyone knew of a fix? thanks Jason ...

exchange 2003 mailboxes
Is there a reccomended maximum size for individual mailboxes? It largely depends on what client you are using. If you are using an archiving solution like KVS you can go to an unlimited sized mailbox. -------------------------- Martin Tuip MVP Exchange Exchange 2000 List owner www.exchange-mail.org www.sharepointserver.com exchange2000-subscribe@yahoogroups.com -------------------------- "rook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7B86896-3E5C-4150-BCF8-C1DEEAC3179F@microsoft.com... > Is there a reccomended maximum size for individual mailboxes? ...

Exchange 2007 email router 02-26-07
I heard that CRM doesn't have an email router for Exch 2007 yet. I can't believe there isn't one out yet since 2007 is out now. I would highly suggest it. Thanks, Greg Barth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busines...

Calling VB.NET web service from Visual C++
Hi. I am new to this so this may be a dumb question: I am trying to call a web service that is Written in VB.NET from my C++ dll. here is what I did: 1. Create a sample web service (with helloworld function) 2. Create an empty ATL application (it compiled) 3. Added a reference to the wsdl document of the web service to the project. 4. tried to compile it and got an error: syntax error : expecting a type specification near "HelloWorldResult" error points to this line: [id(4), helpstring("method HelloWorld")] HRESULT HelloWorld([out, retval] HelloWorldResult *); Here...

Undeliverable Messages / Help Needed Exchange 2003
Hello Guys, We have a WINDOWS 2003 Server standard running exhcnage 2003 in our remote office. Our main office has their emails setup with earhlink which are forwarded to their verizon accounts. last night the exchange server was rebuild from scratch and now everybody in our remote office gets an error when they are trying to email anyone from the main office. Please take a look at the diagram for better understanding of our problem. http://tsweb.ma.cx/mainpath.jpg so to summurize what's going on when user1 sends an email to user2, user3 or user4 evertthing works fine, but when any ...

Event ID 565
Hi, This is a repost as i didn't have much luck previously. I am running SBS2003 standard edition. Daily i have a massive amount of failed security events - see below. Today for example there was 17000 events of this nature! I have investigated some MS docs, ie http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813229 & http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810929 but these have not helped really. I was wondering if anyone can point me to a useful resource. Alternatively i am considering a call to PSS as it's been pestering me for months. I appreciate an...

CADUTA WEB SERVICES?
Ciao, ho un problema: ho realizzato un programma per l'importazione di dati nel CRM utilizzando i metodi account.Create(userAuth, strAccountXml); account.Update(userAuth, strAccountId, strAccountXml); ovviamete implementati in modo da essere richiamati o meno a seconda che l'account non sia presente (pertanto lo creo) oppure già presente (pertanto effettuo update). Funziona tutto bene ed il programma gira molto velocemente importando ed aggiornando i record. Dopo un certo periodo di tempo però, mentre il programma gira, nell'effettuare l'operazione di upda...

Can I use the same driver in all versions of Access or Sqlserver
Hello,I have got a question,I wonder if i can use the same driver as Access2000 to get the data from all versions of Access database,my code connected to Access2000 is as follows: "m_pConnection->Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource="+s.m_database,"","",adModeUnknown); Is this code available for other versions of Access? If not,can anyone tell me the correct code for Access2002.Access2003,Access97? my code connected to Sqlserver2000 is as follow: m_pConnection->Open(Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;Password="+s.m_pass...