Exchange version and service pack

Where can I find the version and the most recent service pack installed for
Exchange? Thank you, Cheryl

Hello Cheryl,

to determine the version of your exchange server open the exchange
management console and have a look at the server properties.
You will find the servers software version and the build count. this is what
it means (taken from http://www.msexchangefaq.de):

Exchange 4.0 (Version 4.0)
      Version Build Bemerkung
      4.0 RTM 4.0.837.x April 1996
      4.0 SP 1 4.0.838.x Mai 1996
      4.0 SP 2 4.0.993.x August 1996
      4.0 RTM(a) 4.0.993.x August 1996
      4.0 SP 3 4.0.994.x November 1996
      4.0 SP 4 4.0.995.x April 1997
      4.0 SP 5 4.0.996.x Mai 1998

Exchange 5.5 (Version 5.5)
      Version Build Bemerkung
      5.5 RTM 5.5.1960.x November 1997
      5.5 SP1 5.5.2232.x Juli 1998
      5.5 SP2 5.5.2448.x Dezember 1998
      5.5 SP3 5.5.2650.x September 1999
      5.5 SP4 5.5.2653.x November 2000
      ? ? 12.9.2001
      Exchange 5.5 Web Client Hotfix 2655.39

Exchange 2000 (Version 6.0)
      Version Build Bemerkung
      2000 RTM 6.0.4417.5 Oktober 2000
      Erfordert mindestens W2K SP1 und Active Directory.
      2000 RTM (a) 6.0.4417.5 Januar 2001
      RPC Patch 6.0.4419.6 19.7.2001
      Exchange 2000 RPC Patch 4419.6
      2000 SP1 6.0.4712.7 July 2001
      Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
      2000 SP2 6.0.5762.4 29. Nov 2001
      Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
      2000 SP3 6.0.6249.4 18. Juli 2002
      Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6396.1 M�rz 2003
      ADC wurde ebenfalls aktualisiert
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6487.1 Sep 2003 (KB824282)
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.3 M�rz 2004 (KB813840)
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.4 April 2004 (KB836488)
      Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.5 ReRelease des (KB836488) am 27.5

Exchange 2003 (Version 6.5)
      Version Build Bemerkung
      2003 RTM 6.5.6944.4 Juli 2003
      CDOPatch 6.5.6980.3 18. Aug 2003
      Exchange 2003 CDO Patch 6980.3
      Storefix 6.5.6980.57 Sep 2003
      KB Artikel 832759
      MS Security Bulletin MS04-002
      Storefix 6.5.6980.57 13. Jan 2004
      KB Artikel 832759
      MS Security Bulletin MS04-002
      Storefix 6.5.6980.72 20 April 2004
      Update Rollup for Exchange 2003 (KB838236)
      E3KSP1 6.5.06.7226.6 25. Mai 2003
      Exchange 2003 SP1 Download

What version of Exchange, 5.5, 2000 or 2003?

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in message
> Where can I find the version and the most recent service pack installed
> for
> Exchange? Thank you, Cheryl

0
Mark
6/17/2004 3:45:16 PM
Thank you!

"Christian Sch�ffler" <christian.schaeffler@messring.de> wrote in message
> Hello Cheryl,
>
> to determine the version of your exchange server open the exchange
> management console and have a look at the server properties.
> You will find the servers software version and the build count. this is
what
> it means (taken from http://www.msexchangefaq.de):
>
> Exchange 4.0 (Version 4.0)
>       Version Build Bemerkung
>       4.0 RTM 4.0.837.x April 1996
>       4.0 SP 1 4.0.838.x Mai 1996
>       4.0 SP 2 4.0.993.x August 1996
>       4.0 RTM(a) 4.0.993.x August 1996
>       4.0 SP 3 4.0.994.x November 1996
>       4.0 SP 4 4.0.995.x April 1997
>       4.0 SP 5 4.0.996.x Mai 1998
>
> Exchange 5.5 (Version 5.5)
>       Version Build Bemerkung
>       5.5 RTM 5.5.1960.x November 1997
>       5.5 SP1 5.5.2232.x Juli 1998
>       5.5 SP2 5.5.2448.x Dezember 1998
>       5.5 SP3 5.5.2650.x September 1999
>       5.5 SP4 5.5.2653.x November 2000
>       ? ? 12.9.2001
>       Exchange 5.5 Web Client Hotfix 2655.39
>
> Exchange 2000 (Version 6.0)
>       Version Build Bemerkung
>       2000 RTM 6.0.4417.5 Oktober 2000
>       Erfordert mindestens W2K SP1 und Active Directory.
>       2000 RTM (a) 6.0.4417.5 Januar 2001
>       RPC Patch 6.0.4419.6 19.7.2001
>       Exchange 2000 RPC Patch 4419.6
>       2000 SP1 6.0.4712.7 July 2001
>       Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
>       2000 SP2 6.0.5762.4 29. Nov 2001
>       Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
>       2000 SP3 6.0.6249.4 18. Juli 2002
>       Empfehlung: mind. W2K SP2
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6396.1 M�rz 2003
>       ADC wurde ebenfalls aktualisiert
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6487.1 Sep 2003 (KB824282)
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.3 M�rz 2004 (KB813840)
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.4 April 2004 (KB836488)
>       Rollup Patch 6.0.6556.5 ReRelease des (KB836488) am 27.5
>
> Exchange 2003 (Version 6.5)
>       Version Build Bemerkung
>       2003 RTM 6.5.6944.4 Juli 2003
>       CDOPatch 6.5.6980.3 18. Aug 2003
>       Exchange 2003 CDO Patch 6980.3
>       Storefix 6.5.6980.57 Sep 2003
>       KB Artikel 832759
>       MS Security Bulletin MS04-002
>       Storefix 6.5.6980.57 13. Jan 2004
>       KB Artikel 832759
>       MS Security Bulletin MS04-002
>       Storefix 6.5.6980.72 20 April 2004
>       Update Rollup for Exchange 2003 (KB838236)
>       E3KSP1 6.5.06.7226.6 25. Mai 2003
>       Exchange 2003 SP1 Download

Exchange 2000

"Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
> What version of Exchange, 5.5, 2000 or 2003?
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> http://www.msexchange.org
> "Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in message
> > Where can I find the version and the most recent service pack installed
> > for
> > Exchange? Thank you, Cheryl

Open the properties for the server in Exchange System Manager, and it will
tell you what service pack you have installed, if you see a checkbox "This
is a front-end server" then you are running Enterprise, if that checkbox is
not there you are running Standard.

--
> Exchange 2000
>

> "Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
>> What version of Exchange, 5.5, 2000 or 2003?
>>
>> --
>> Mark Fugatt
>> Exchange MVP
>> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>> http://www.msexchange.org
>> "Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in message
>> > Where can I find the version and the most recent service pack installed
>> > for
>> > Exchange? Thank you, Cheryl

0
Mark
6/17/2004 4:12:11 PM
Thank you Mark.

> Open the properties for the server in Exchange System Manager, and it will
> tell you what service pack you have installed, if you see a checkbox "This
> is a front-end server" then you are running Enterprise, if that checkbox
is
> not there you are running Standard.
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> http://www.msexchange.org
> "Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in message
> > Exchange 2000
> >

> > "Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
> >> What version of Exchange, 5.5, 2000 or 2003?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark Fugatt
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> >> http://www.msexchange.org
> >> "Cheryl Mutschler" <cheryl.mutschler@bch-insurance.com> wrote in
message

SMTP service stopping repeatedly please help
We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has all of a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it just stops again. We tried installing sp1 but did not help. Any help would be appreciated Sincerley Jim Kiddoo Event logs indicate anything amiss? Jim Kiddoo wrote: > We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has > all of a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it > just stops again. > We tried installing sp1 but did not help. > Any help would be appreciated > Sincerley > Jim Kiddoo ...

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

OnShowPopupMenu in MFC Feature Pack
Hi, Using an Office 2007 style based on the new MFC Feature Pack, I am trying to customize a popup menu displayed on a toolbar button. I am using CMainFrame::OnShowPopupMenu for this, but there is no change at all on the menu. I tried to add items : pMenuPopup->InsertItem ( CMFCToolBarMenuButton(100, NULL, -1, _T("test")) , -1); I tried to remove all items from the default menu : pMenuPopup->RemoveAllItems(); I tried to remove an item from the default menu : pMenuPopup->RemoveItem(); I tried to import a menu : pMenuPopup->GetMenuBar ()->ImportFromMenu (*p...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

POS 2009
I though I saw where the service pack for POS 2009 was scheduled for release. Does anybody know when that might be? ce-thompson@ca.rr.com -- @adctech Hi Curt - a service pack is planned for Q4 of CY 2009. Thanks! -- Lori [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Curt Thompson" wrote: > I though I saw where the service pack for POS 2009 was scheduled for release. > Does anybody know when that might be? > ce-thompson@ca.rr.com > -- > @adctech ...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Workflow Service Does not Start
I have completed the installation of CRM 3.0 SBE and we want to start using the product. The only problem is that the key component if the product is non functional. The Workflow engine (service) does not want to start. Errors in the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7009 Date: 20/07/2006 Time: 17:11:44 PM User: N/A Computer: SVR-SBS-IT Description: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Microsoft CRM Workflow Service service to connect. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

workstation service: where can I get it?
Our pc running XPPro SP3, all up to date, has started a series of workstation related error messages. The service is shown in the services list but it won't start (run sc query workstation produces a message to say the service cannot be found but, I just tried this on the laptop where the service is running, and the query produces the same message here!) I did replace the hard drive recently, and it's possible the error stems from that time, but the system log doesn't go back before then so I can't be sure. I don't have an XP cd as the pc came with i...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...

Use of Comctl32.dll version 6 in VS6
Is it possible to use Comctl32.dll in Visual C++ 6 for XP- Style controls? >Is it possible to use Comctl32.dll in Visual C++ 6 for XP- >Style controls? Yes, you just need to do what's detailed in the MSDN article "Using Windows XP Visual Styles". Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >>Is it possible to use Comctl32.dll in Visual C++ 6 for XP- >>Style controls? > >Yes, you just need to do what's detailed in the MSDN article "Using >Windows XP Visual Styles". > >Dave >-- >...