Exchange Upgrade #3

I hope that this is the right place to post this if not
sorry!

I upgraded our E2K server to Exchange 2003 at teh weekend
and all seems to have gone very well.

There is one slight problem though.  Some, not all, of
our Group boxes are not allowing users to send e-mails
out from them.  This all worked perfectly well in E2K but
now there is a message displayed that states the user
does not have permissions to send on behalf off the box.

I have not yet upgraded the server to Win 2003 but the
Domain structure is mastered by a Windows 2003 Server so
I would have thought the domain is prepared.

This does not happen an all of the group boxes either but
just some of them!!

Any suggestions??

Many thanks.

RobL
0
anonymous (74722)

Can we see full unedited non-delivery report (just munge e-mail addresses).

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

Thanks for the response.

I would love to give you NDR's but it does not get that
far.  When the user clicks on Send they get a permissions
denied box and it will not let them do anything else.

Each users personal account is still working but just no
the group boxes!!

RobL

0
anonymous (74722)
6/28/2004 4:44:42 PM
What is the exact error message?

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com
0
kpalagin5422 (293)
6/28/2004 5:39:37 PM
The exact message is:

user.

It doesn't make sense to me.  Nothing has changed
permission wise and the group boxes were working
perfectly!!

RobL

0
anonymous (74722)

Pie Chart with 3 data series?
Hi, I have a column of 8 labels with 2 columns of data next to it (two numbers for each label). (one of the data columns contains smaller numbers that represent a percentage of the other corresponding number in the other column) I can build a pie chart based on the larger data series so I have 8 slices, but can I also have the small data series displayed as small line arcs within each pie wedge to represent the proportion of the smaller number in the column to the larger number in the other column? The arcs around the inner center area of the pie would vary, since the percentages are ...

Exchange 5.5 Spam and Deleted Users: 2 questions
1. It seems that mailboxes that have been deleted which still receive spam are going to current user mailboxes. How do I stop this? 2. Also, spam addressed to users with active mailboxes end up going to other mailboxes as well with no reference to their mailbox in the headers. Any suggestions? My first guess is that the spam is being sent TO one of those no-longer-in-existance mailboxes, and BCC'ed or CC'ed to your existing mailboxes. That is a common spammer trick to make the message look more legitimate by having recipient names in the TO or CC lines that you recognize. ...

Exchange 2000 Postmaster account
I have Exchange 2000 installed and the administrator account has the email address postmaster@"domain". I would like to remove that address and assign it to another user account. Unfortunately I am unable to remove it from the administrator, but can view it. The administrator doesnt have an exchange mailbox. I have read that the admin doesnt have a mailbox for security reasons but that doesnt help me move that address. Any ideas ? ...

Any way to upgrade RAM???
My HP Pavilion Desktop already has 512 MB Ram (max according to specs) http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=bph06796# What can i do to make this old beast go faster? Other than put it on the Acela, i don't know what to do. What would happen if i put 2 x 512 MB memory sticks in place of the others? can i "piggyback" them? Can someone please advise? Rich richs555@aol.com wrote: > My HP Pavilion Desktop already has 512 MB Ram (max according to > specs) > > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=e...

Office Professional '07 UPGRADE
I was doing an upgrade from Office Pro '03 to '07, and hit an error calling for C:\TEMP\SKU011.CAB. The CAB was not anywhere on the machine so I copied the file from another machine to the TEMP folder, then another CAB, then another. I'm not sure where the files went, but I had them on another machine so I copied the entire folder from one machine to the other, and the upgrade finished okay. It ran a bit on the slow side, but I'm thinking this is a hardware issue not a file location issue. It's a bit of a pain to have the qualified base for an upgrade i...

Setup of Quota Message Service for Exchange
I'm having a hard time picturing what my Quota mailbox should look like to make this work. I have a QuotaMessages Folder and under it a folder that is 1033 that contains the three message types. Should I be editing messages in that 1033 or moving them up to the QuotaMessages Folder? Should I be taking the attachment out of the messages are leaving them in the the existing e-mails? Sorry to be dense on this one but I just can't quite picture how this is supposed to look when I'm done and I don't have a test Exchange server to run this on to figure out the bugs. Than...

templates #3
I'm trying to create a template email for a rule that will reply when I get a message through one of my accounts. I have no idea how to do this. I have outlook 2003 "Sky" <skymiles62@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:u6na4mq7EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to create a template email for a rule that will reply when I > get a message through one of my accounts. > > I have no idea how to do this. > Tools | Options | Mail Format -- turn off Word as your email editor Create the message you want to use as a template. Choose File |...

automatic reminders for exchange (without outook)
I am looking for an application or an event sink that can handle sending a off a calendar notification via email or SMS without Outlook. Does anyone have any knowledge of such code? The end result is actually a email or SMS reminder sent to a phone or pager. Its funny there are lots of solutions out there that will do just this but all the ones I have found require Outlook to be open and thus to generate the reminder. If I try to use a "rule" it ends up being a client side rule because of the nature of the rule. Most of my users never open Outlook, only OWA. So I need somet...

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 #2
Hello, We are experiencing difficulties with Cached mode in Outlook 2003. When I add a new user to Active Directory the email address assigned to that user does not appear in our global address list. Some users use cache mode and they cannot see the changes until approx the next day. The ones who dont use it see the changes right away. Is there a way to refresh the cache so that the users who are utilizing this feature are up to date ASAP. Any help would be appreciated. You can manually download the offline address book by Tools-> Send/Receive -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] ...

where are SMTP and NNTP after installing Exchange 2003?
Hi All, I am trying to install the Exchange 2003 for the first time. More or less I succeeded, but the Internet Mail Connector Wizard stops reaching the SMTP part. MS says it's 'cause I changed the default SMTP settings. And that's right, and I said I'm sorry ;o) and now I want to put the settings back to the original ones. But, all of the sudden I cannot find the SMTP manager...?!?! Under IIS console there is only WEB and FTP - even NNTP vanished...!?!? I suppose that they reside now somewhere under Exchange - but where? Thanx in advance! Kizetoni "Kizetoni"...

Cannotconnect to Exchange Server from a RDP session or server local machine
Please excuse the double posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. W...

CRM2Exchange: client or server driven in 3.0
Hello, if I recall it, crm sync to outlook was in fact driven by the SFO-client/outlook. Now, I have been questioned about using pda "pocket outlook" directly connected to exchange by whatever high speed wireless network or internet connection, thus allowing a service technician to retrieve new (crm-) mails and appointments while travelling (without needing to "synch" his SFO before). Does this scenario work with the way crm to exchange connection is made in 3.0? Thanks! Achim ...

OL 2003 from OL2000 w/ Exchange 5.5
If I install OL 2003 over OL2000 on my notebook will my settings will migrate OK when the my company server is Exchange 5.5. My company said I could install Office 2003, but I am otherwise "on my own". Are there any problems w/OL 2003 working in a corporate enviornment using this setup? Your settings should migrate ok, but it's recommended that you create a new profile. You should not have any problems with outlook 2003 and Ex5.5, although it's better if all users upgrade. You also don't want to open your mailbox with outlook 2000 after upgrading - rules break. -...

Steps to export data from Salesforce into CRM 3
Can anyone help me with exporting my data from Salesforce into Microsoft CRM 3. Steps for this would be great or links for the information would do just fine. Thanks. try www.scribesoft.com <jgraham34@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178808194.354052.309760@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone help me with exporting my data from Salesforce into > Microsoft CRM 3. Steps for this would be great or links for the > information would do just fine. > > Thanks. > Hi Graham, If you could list out the exact details that you want imported from Salesforce, then ma...

Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router
I would like to Know How Does the Router Deal with Large incoming CRM Email Attachments. Does CRM store the attachments in SQL? And Will this Not Generate Massive Network Trafic? If I have SQL sitting On a Remote Site . Thx The CRM system has a configured limit for attachments. By default this limit is 5mb. This can be changed by editing a registry setting. The actual content of the attachment is stored in the SQL database. Large amounts of large attachments can cause a big increase in database size. It will depend if massive network traffic is generated, is users download a l...

Several Windows domains in Exchange 2003
Hello I have two windows domains in may organization and one Exchange 2003 Server installed in one of this domains under Windows 2003 server. The two domains have a trust relationship. My problem is how to add mailbox for user in the domain whithout Exchange Server Thanks a lot! Hi Roberto, As long as the Domains are part of the same Forest it should not be a problem. -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Email #3
Hi, I have a situation where a couple of outlook clients receive three or four duplicates of the same email, can anyone tell me why this happens or a fix. Running exchange server 2003 sp3 and Outlook 2003. -- Geoff Kidd On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:57:28 -0800, "Geoff Kidd" <GeoffKidd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I have a situation where a couple of outlook clients receive three or four >duplicates of the same email, can anyone tell me why this happens or a fix. >Running exchange server 2003 sp3 and Outlook 2003. Any AV on the Exch Server? Symante...

Exchange OWA #2
Hey All - I just set up an exchange 2000 front end server for about 4 exchange 2000 backend servers....2 of these 4 servers hold the replicated public folder stores. I have set up the FE and BE servers to use ONLY Basic Authentication and plan to use SSL in the future. Apart from the two problems listed below , everything seems to be fine. 1. If I log on to OWA machine to a particular OWA account , I need to authenticate to it two times the first time I log in , after that for every subsequent time logging on once works fine. 2. Certain messages always show a page cannot be displayed when i do...

Suggestions regarding split in time upgrade option
Hello Support, We would like to suggest to you to provide with the much required feature of upgrading GP to a higher version with an option to upgrade databases in different phases for our clients. We would like to stress on the fact that it gets more and more important by day to have a "split in time" upgrade routine for bigger clients, as we see that some upgrades are running into 4-5 days processing (big databases in size and up to 15-20 operational companies running on GP).. Even taking into account a weekend it still means that the client is down for 2-3 days of daily b...

Exchange/Outlook Logon Problem
Hi, I am running the following setup for my school project: - 1 x Domain Controller machine, Windows 2000 Advanced Server - 1 x DNS Server machine, Windows 2000 Advanced Server - 1 x DHCP Server machine, Windows 2000 Advanced Server - 1 x Exchange 2000 machine, Windows 2000 Advanced Server - 5 x Client machines, Windows 2000 Professional The problem that I'm now facing would be that whenever I login to my Client machine using an account that I have created via the ADUC on my Exchange Server, I would continually be prompted to enter in my username, password and domain. After I have done ...

Importing External Email Address To Exchange Server
I work in a Health Services environement. We have 1000's of doctors that have external email addresses that need to be added to our internal global address book. We also want to move a lot of those names into various distribution lists that are housed on the server and accessed through the GAB. I have no knowledge of how to this but our exchange guy does. He says he is not able to get the addresses into the individual distribution lists. It errors out or something like that. Can you breifly run through the steps on here as to how one imports external addresses into distribution lis...

Backup Up Exchange Data online
Hi, I sent this message earlier this morning, but it doesn't seem to be showing up, so I'm reposting. Sorry if this gets posted twice. Anyway, I'm running SBS 2003 with Exchange. I run a tape robot with Backup Exec 12.5, but it takes like 20 hours to run a backup. Plus I had a problem for a while, where my SBS licenses were being reset to 5 each night. Through advice here, I figured out which files to exclude from the backup, as well as moved the backup exec install to a different partition to recapture disk space, and all is/was well.. Until... I decided to star...

VLookup #3
I use the VLookup function a lot. I would like to put a button on the Excel toolbar; just to fill in the beginning part of the function =vlookup(. I tried "Insert, Function"; it asked me to complete the lookup value etc. I tried to write a macro, I got the same request. My objective is to eliminate the typing of the =vlookup( Please help. Thank you. Iolani You can't do it with a macro, since a macro passes the text directly to the parser (which will error out) and can't leave you in edit mode. however, you can use Autocorrect - define, say "vl" to substi...

one Exchange server and two domain
Dear All: How are you? I need your help if you please, How can I implement a Microsoft Exchange server ("One Pc") and connect with in a two different domain. For Example 1- I have two mail like "marwa@xyz.com, and marwa@mm.com". that is mean two defferent domain. 2- all I have one PC1, I can install one domain "xyz" and Exchange in the same server. 3- I can use another server2 to install another domain"mm" - " THis server aleady have another services in it but i can use it to install only anothjer domain". Problem How i can use ...