Exchange to Exchange

Is there a way to configure Exchange to receive mail from
another Exchange in 2 different domains?  We just
seperated 2 companies that use to share a Exchange.  The
main reason for the pull down from the old Exch. box is
that our MX record is still pointing there.  While we
have accounts in our new domain for our users (15 users)
the mail will still go to the old domain. We would like
for our user to start using the new domain but they would
lose they're email access.  Can the Exchange to Exchange
work or is it even possible?  If there's another way,
please advise.  -Darrien

Sure.  What version Exchange?

--
David Sengupta  M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA  Ottawa, Canada
Exchange Reporting & Analysis: http://www.quest.com/messagestats/

"Darrien" <downtown_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to configure Exchange to receive mail from
> another Exchange in 2 different domains?  We just
> seperated 2 companies that use to share a Exchange.  The
> main reason for the pull down from the old Exch. box is
> that our MX record is still pointing there.  While we
> have accounts in our new domain for our users (15 users)
> the mail will still go to the old domain. We would like
> for our user to start using the new domain but they would
> lose they're email access.  Can the Exchange to Exchange
> work or is it even possible?  If there's another way,
> please advise.  -Darrien

0
David
2/22/2004 2:38:06 AM
we are using exchange 2000 and 2003.  the old domain where
our emails are going to right now is 2000.  we have just
created a new domain with 2003's exchange on it.  we need
to be able to have 2003 pull mail down from 2000 so we can
bring our clients over into our new domain.  Please make
sure that the solution is an ongoing thing that can be
used for a period of 2 weeks.  Simple export and import
isn't something that we have an option of here.  Thank you
very much for your time...  -Darrien

0
anonymous (74721)

CRM and Outlook E-Mail exchange
Hello, we have some problems sending mail between members of our domain. When employee A (using Outlook) wants to send a mail to employee B (who is using CRM) the mail arrives at employee B's Outlook Inbox and never appears in the CRM. I figure that exchange does handle internal mail differently, is there any way to treat internal mail the same as external mail and deliver it both to CRM and Outlook-Inbox? Btw, we don't want to use SFO. Regards Tobias Internal Mail won't be handled by the exchange connector since it could only listen on the external smtp port..... Possible so...

Backing Up Exchange with NTBackup
We are a Win2k3 Domain, and we are backing up our Exchange 2003 as normal. I am trying to get an understanding of what the previous admin did. We use a .bks file for our daily, weekly and monthly. We have certain paths that are mapped to our server so the .bks file will recognize. One of the entries is JET EXCHANGE\Microsoft Information Store\Domainname How does this work when it comes to restoring? What is it actually backing up? "=?Utf-8?B?c3BlcGk=?=" <spepi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A248E2B0-F5A1-464E-81BB-5CF9AED71F36@microsoft.com: > How does this ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP Mailbox
Is there any way to clear out the (special) SMTP mailbox in Exchange 2003? My backup has suddenly started taking forever to backup this folder and I can only assume it's due to corrupted items in there. Thanks Do you mean the SystemMailbox? What makes you think it is corrupted? Is there anything in your Event logs or the backup logs? You can recreate the SystemMailbox if you absolutely have to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316622/en-us Nue "K" <@.> wrote in message news:eB9jnkcaGHA.1352@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to clear out the (special) S...

Exchange 2003
Hello, Is it possible to create UNIX style mailing list in Exchange 2003? The member of this mailing list may include emails from outside the organisation. Thanks Hadi It works great until a user sends from the internet - then usually only local users get the mail. I haven't found any docs on how to get it to work properly. As a last resort: Mailman Majordomo Yahoo Groups is also easy to setup and free if you don't mind some ads. http://groups.yahoo.com/ -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Pl...

Exchange 2000 Member server shows up in AD Sites and Services #2
Our Exchange 2000 server has been demoted from a DC to a member server but still shows up in AD Sites and Services as a server object in its subnet site. Should it still be there or should the server object be removed? I thought only domain controllers should show up. Exchange servers should show up under AD Sites and Services. They will have an Exchange Settings "folder" under them when you expand them, but no NTDS Settings. Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -----------...

Divide Exchange roles?
Q: Is it possible to disperse certain roles/responsibilities to mulitple Exchange servers? History: We are upgrading h/w for our Exchange server, moving from a single non-clustered BE server to a clustered BE server and another single BE server dedicated to Public Folders only. I've gone through MS's article on removing the first Exchange server from the admin group, but is it possible to: 1. replicate PF's only to dedicated PF server 2. rehome OAB to both new cluster and PF servers 3. have the cluster assume responsibilty for OAL generation 4. ?have Schedule+ Free Busy go to P...

Exchange Queues filling up
I have a client that is running Exchange 2003 on a SBS. For the longest time, I have been noticing that the queues are filling up with junk email. Maybe around 100 to 200 a day. Where is this comming from? I have done the basics to fix the problem: - ensured that exchange relaying is turned off - changed everyones passwords, disabled the guest account - virus/adware scanned all pc's (but it could be comming from our VPN connection) Any suggestions? On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:39:34 -0600, "Need Help" <needhelp@address.com> wrote: >I have a client that is running ...

IMS que is filling with tons of e-mail in Exchange 5.5
Hi When ever I tried to select the Hosts and Clients that successfully authenticate option in routing restrictions. I see tons of mail que in IMS. Actually I tried to check for 2010 event and I see some junk user account which says "\temp" which is not at all in my domain or in local users. Can anyone tell is it some virus or some one is creating the account test remotely to spam. Please advis ...

I am trying to load Exchange 2003 in a new Server 2003 enterprise computer. I did the install of the components that need to be installed before this install. I made sure that I had the correct rights as administrator with Domain, Schema and Enterprise rights. I get to a point to where I click forestprep in the installation wizard component selection window and I get a message saying the following. The components "Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation" cannot be assigned the action because: Microsoft Exchange requires a release version of Windows 2003 or better. I have Wind...

Creating Exchange 2K3
Can i create Exch 2K3 Mailboxes with dsadd ? How can i create Users in AD and Mailboxes in Exchange at the same time with scripts or command line tools ? Thanks You can script the creation of a mailbox. Or try this which already exists: http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/exchmbx.htm -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "DeJo7a" <DeJo7a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C115EC3-CCBB-4322-A0A6-CE817A32CC8F@microsoft.com... > Can i create Exch 2K3 Mailboxes with dsadd ? > How can i c...

System Attendant Error in Application Log (Exchange 2000 + Windows 2000)
I am posting this in the hope that someone will be able to assist me with this issue. I have two Exchange 2000 servers (SP3) running in a Windows 2000 Server (SP4) Active Directory environment. I have seen that I get the following error message logged in the 'Application Log' on the Exchange server by the System Attendant: Source: MSExchangeSA Event ID: 9153 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x80005000' when setting DS notification I have configured the Exchange server as a Global Catalog server, but the Excchange System Manager console does not ...

Exchange 2003 Systems Attendant crashed
Hi, Our E2K3's SA was terminated last night and I have restarted it this morning. I found the following logs. Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Category: None Event ID: 1000 Faulting application mad.exe, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e737d, faulting module epoxy.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e6fed, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000648e. Source: Application Error Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Faulting application mad.exe, version 6.5.7638.1, faulting module epoxy.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, fault address 0x0000648e. Does anyone have any idea what can cause this to happen? There is n...

Exchange Public Folder Import/Export
I have a client with an SBS 2000 installation and they want to upgrade to SBS 2003. It's a small client - 10-15 users, so for backup and easy recovery as well as since the C: drive was partitioned as a 4 GB drive, we were going to replace the existing mirrored 120 GB drives with mirrored 250 GB drives and install SBS 2003 as a new domain. (There's also only one server available, short of using virtualization). Problem is they use Exchange Public Folders heavily. I didn't count, but I'd say there are at least 50 of them varying in size from a few messages to thousands...

Custom Mail Merging in Exchange 2003?
I have a query from a SQL database containing individualized information of say 500 people including say names, e-mail addresses, and other information. I'd like to insert this personal information into a form letter and send it off. Is there a way to do this within Excahnge Server as is or is an add on of some sorts needed? Thanks. Tim <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a query from a SQL database containing individualized information of >say 500 people including say names, e-mail addresses, and other information. >I'd like to insert this persona...

Exchange Migration #9
I have two different domains (A, B) that are joined by a trust relationship, and I want to migrate users from the Exchange Server on the domain A to an Exchange Server on the domain B, but both servers are going to be using the same MX record @example.com. At the end I wiil just be keeping the B domain, but during the migration process I want to be able to send mails between both servers and to receive mails from external sources. Is there anything that I need to configure in order to achieve this goal. It is possible to have one Exchange Server receiving external mails and routing t...

Exchange Server 2003 slow to restart
Has anyone seen a response to the variety of messages in this group relating to the extremely slow shut process for Exchange 2003? I'm working on a test bed for our deployment and I don't want to roll it out to production if it takes 30 minutes to restart my server. Luckily my need to restart the servers is not as great with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Stop the information store service before you shutdown your server. Thsi normally improve shutdown/restart /Ole "Gordon McCague" <gmccague@telus.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:w7LZb.34799$Ff2.20781@clgrps12.....

more than on Exchange org
Can you have more than one Exchange org in a Domain? On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:04:02 -0700, Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you have more than one Exchange org in a Domain? You can have only one Exch Org per *AD forest*. One org, multiple smtp domains. "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:040C1D46-8891-40D2-8076-D2E826E65985@microsoft.com... > Can you have more than one Exchange org in a Domain? ...

New Exchange 2003 server #2
I recently installed our new E2k3 server into an existing E2k3 Org. I successfully moved all mailboxes and public folders to the new server. Whenever I try to administer user email addresses and email permissions in Active Directory Users & Computers, all buttons for modifying any email objects are grayed out. For example, I only have the "VIEW" option on the Email Addresses Tab. I can not add nor modify an email attributes. What should the default permissions be on a user mailbox be? How do I go about fixing this issue? ...

Exchange web login
Hi, I have a big problem with exchange 2003.I installed echange 2003 on windows 2000 advanced server that is not domain controller. exchange server with ADC connector, connect to domain controller.now, when open internet explorer to check mailbox, I have to enter username and password, althought I am login. I dont like to do it. what I must to do. "This is very good" <Thisisverygood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56181A74-E01E-4122-82F4-F8F1D89B3654@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a big problem with exchange 2003.I installed echange 2003 on windows...

No such object found while trying to remove Exchange 2000
I just upgraded a client from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 by moving all mailboxes and rehoming all vital exchange services and public folders to a new server. The old Exchange 2000 now has nothing left other than the system mailboxes. I tried to remove by doing add/remove programs. when I select hte remove option, I get an error "Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange 2000": 0x80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. If I turn off all Exchange services and go to my Exchange 2003 server's syst...

Exchange 5.5 and removing first server in site
What are the steps for removing the first server which was created in an Exchange 5.5 site? Hi John, This should help 152959 XADM: How to Remove the First Exchange Server in a Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=152959 -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JohnB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b3201c3afb1$d1976ce0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > What are...

Adding new domain to Exchange 5.5 server
I have a company running Exchange 5.5 that is going to be changing their name and subsequently their domain name. They still however, need to recieve e-mail at the old domain's email addresses. Does anyone know the best and safest way to implement the new domain name within Exchange 5.5 while retaining the old mailboxes and the ability to recieve mail at both old and new e-mail addresses? Also I need to make sure that outgoing messages would be sent from the new addresses. Please Help, Thanks. Be sure to read the entire FAQ after you are done with adding domain http://www.swinc.com/resour...

Exchange 2000 #15
We suffered a server crash just before switching to a new server. The new Exchange 2000 Server (on Win2K SP4) is up and running, albeit with empty information stores. Question: Would I create a conflict if I deleted the mailboxes from AD accounts, recreated them on the new server so they can be up and running with empty accounts to facilitate communication - and THEN worked on restoring the old server? Anything that would cause problems having mailboxes for 2 people? The reason I could see conflict is because the old server is a DC as well, unfortunately, so I'm afraid after res...

Exchange 2003 Adding a footer to outgoing emails
Hello All, Anyone know of a way to add a footer to all outbound emails in Exchange 2003 Thanks Mark Hi Mark You can do it via an Event Sink as detailed in these articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680 Or use a third-party app. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mark S." <mslater_nospam@m-e-c.com> wrote in message news:%23QMqSEnSFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All, &g...

protecting Exchange 2000 standard server
hi all recently got hired to work at this new place... I now have to monitor the exchange even though they know my experience with exchange is no good... here is the question... we have spam filter (barracuda) where all inbound emails go to and then pushed to the email server... however our previous exchange it guy installed Mail sweeper 2000 on the ex server. i notice emails being blocked by this Mail sweeper. when i googled these massages i gather these are spoofed emails generated by Zafi, mytob and even mydoom viruses. examing the headers i see no refference of the spam (barracu...