Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers

When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox
from any domain controller, but can't now that we've
migrated to Exchange 2K3.  Was this a function of
connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5?  Is there any
way to re-enable this functionality?  Thx.
0
anonymous (74717)

Phil:  Thanks much.  Is it my imagination, or are details
like that hard to find?  P

run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the
management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD
on that domain controller. And, yes, you do need to run
the install on all the DC's that you want to have access
to the Exchange tabs and tasks.

>Phil.
>.

0
anonymous (74717)
5/13/2004 7:08:57 PM
Pat, I agree that sometimes finding an article that helps solve the issue
can be elusive but here is the one that should help explain what is needed.

834122 Exchange-related tasks are missing from the Active Directory Users
and
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=834122

Hope this helps.
JamesA
--
JamesA@online.microsoft.com

Note: Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Phil:  Thanks much.  Is it my imagination, or are details
> like that hard to find?  P

0
JamesA (11)

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Goto tab page on double click
Have subform Ingredients. On ingredients I have set the event procedure to open the frmIngredient on double click every thing works well. Now I have moved the form to a tab index as a subform frmIngredient. What code do i need to add to my code to open the subform in the tab. Tab info: Page: Add Ingredients PageIndex 5 Private Sub cboIngredientID_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_IngredientID_DblClick Dim lngIngredientID As Long If IsNull(Me![IngredientID]) Then Me![IngredientID].Text = "" Else lngIngredientID = Me![IngredientID] Me...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

What is "553 sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthos
What is "553 sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts" I receive this every time i try to send a message and i don't know where to correct it. Call your ISP. Error 553 is Spam control that was put in place by your ISP -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18B99D95-39E4-4E6E-8E20-8A6D07D5E990@microsoft.com... > What is "553 sorry tha...

Exchange / POP3

controls inside tooptip
Hi, How do we insert a tree control inside a tooltip similar to the one used by VS2005 to display the call graph ? Thanks "Kuenga" <sagkumar@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:71173d87-c9d5-401a-838d-e6715d5972b9@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > How do we insert a tree control inside a tooltip similar to the one > used by VS2005 to display the call graph ? I don't know about the specific problem of inserting a tree control inside a tooltip (I don't know if it is possible with the standard tooltip... maybe you should create a custom tooltip window c...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...

Restore Exchange...help!!!!
My 'broken' Exchange2003\win2003 server (not DC) had it's partitions labelled...'system' for C:\, 'Exchange' for D: and 'logs' for E:. How important is it I label the new Exchange server drives the same before the restore (I am not sure of the EXACT names!!!) Also my log files were all on drive D:\ (the only things on that drive) do I need to restore them too...they may not be exactly in sync with the other data being restored? Finally, what part of my 'Exchsvr' folder do I need to restore from backup? I think that may be a few days older tha...

emails retained in exchange 2003 queue
Hi to all, i have a ZyWall firewall (hardware) with a Turbo Card option installed. When i activate the anti-virus option in the firewall, i can receive emails, but all that i sent, do not go out, all off them stay in queue. When i deactivate that option, all the mails in queue, are sent. I ask my vendor for that problem, they test my firewall in their offices, but all it's ok. In my home, donsn't work. Must i change anything in my exchange ?? Best regards It sounds like your firewall is blocking outbound connections. You may need to configure exchange to use a SmartHost (your...

Issues with blank email replies on Exchange
Hi, A user recently emailed and said everytime he is vpn'd into the office from home (on his works laptop) he gets an odd problem. He can't send or reply to any emails. And when it does send it sends as a blank message - but somtimes takes about 7-8 attempts to get that far even. He does not get the problem in work. The error is "Error getting data from myexchangeserver.mydomain.com" He has full access to everything else using VPN and can receive emails ok - he can also remote desktop fine and c$ machines etc and read/write to file shares as normal. Details (Outlook...