Exchange system manager on fresh XP SP2 laptop

Hello,

How do I get the Exchange 2003 system manager console installed on a freshly
loaded XP Service Pack 2 workstation??  It keeps complaining about the NNTP
service and .Net Framework 1.1...  The frame work IS loaded, but I can't
figure out what to do with NNTP..

Troy

Sounds like it is trying to install the whole kit and caboodle and not just
the management software.
It might also be an issue with XP SP2 being unable to connect to the WINS
server or to the Exchange server.

"Troy Bruder" <N0-Spam-troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How do I get the Exchange 2003 system manager console installed on a
freshly
> loaded XP Service Pack 2 workstation??  It keeps complaining about the
NNTP
> service and .Net Framework 1.1...  The frame work IS loaded, but I can't
> figure out what to do with NNTP..
>
> Troy

0
BobChristian (293)

Exchange Cluster

Viewing project assignment post-SP2 update
After installing SP2, I no longer see the color-coded dots on calendar views indicating project assignment for events. The text of the event is still indented, as though the dot is invisibly there occupying space, and the project assignment still exists when the event is opened, but simply can't be seen from the calendar. Anyone else with this issue? Suggestions for a fix? I sort of liked/relied upon viewing project assignments in this way. Thx. Brian I had exactly the same problem, Brian Any news on a fix? Mike Brian D. Riedel wrote: > After installing SP2, I no longer see t...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

System Job error in Advanced Find
Hi We are running MS CRM 4.0 Enterprise and we have upgraded to Hotfix Rollup 12 recently and we have noticed an issue in Advanced Find. From Advanced Find every time you choose "System Jobs" from the 'Look for' dropdown an error dialog is displayed with the message: "An error has occurred. Try this action again...." This is the standard error dlg_error.aspx. If you access System Jobs from the main area under the Settings pane this error does not appear. We have 4 separate CRM environments (each with Rollup 12) and this is happening in three of them. Any ...

Calling unmanaged code from managed MFC worker thread
Hi, I have an existing VC 6 MFC application which communicates asynchronly with a VC 2005 managed code dll. I use an unmanaged base class with virtual functions to access methods in the MFC application. Furthermore, I use a pointer to an unmanaged function to jump back into the managed dll. The managed part is basically a remoting enhancement which asynchronly initiates a call from the remoting thread to the MFC application. The information is collected within the main thread of the MFC application. The managed code dll is invoked via a function pointer. From the managed code addition...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Timezone and date problems Vista / XP
Hi @ all, users reported 2 issues to me where I'm currently not finding a solution for. 1.) We have created a custom entity "Training. If Vista CRM client creates an object of that type and setting a date field the date is displayed on a XP client with one day difference. If the XP client corrects the date on both clients the date is the same. Can anyone reproduce that behavior? 2.) On one CRM client occurs that if an email is attached to a contact or lead the sending date of that mail is set to 2045/01/01 instead of send date displayed in Outlook. Does anyone have a solution...

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

CE6: Hive Registry on XIP ROM & RAM File System
Hi, The CE6 BSP from supplier supports ROM-Only file system, XIP, Hive-based Registry. It works fine on my board. But we are reuiqred to support ROM and RAM file system, XIP, Hive-based Registry. After some modifications, ROM and RAM file system is working now. All folders are in RAM, except Windows folder. But I have two problems, don't know how to solve them: 1. After system boots up, only My Device icon and Recyle Bin icon appears on desktop. IE icon, Word Pad icon, and other MS shortcut icons are not displayed. Program folder is empty. I remember I can see all the wince...

antigen on exchange #2

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...

Restore Exchange...help!!!!
My 'broken' Exchange2003\win2003 server (not DC) had it's partitions labelled...'system' for C:\, 'Exchange' for D: and 'logs' for E:. How important is it I label the new Exchange server drives the same before the restore (I am not sure of the EXACT names!!!) Also my log files were all on drive D:\ (the only things on that drive) do I need to restore them too...they may not be exactly in sync with the other data being restored? Finally, what part of my 'Exchsvr' folder do I need to restore from backup? I think that may be a few days older tha...