Exchange Stores

Hi

We are running Exchange 2000 + sp3. (Build 6249.4)
We have 4 mail stores + public folder store.
The stores vary in size up to about 96gb, and are located on their own san
drive.
The transaction log files are also on their own san drive (65.9Gb drive with
currently 62.9Gb free) .

We have a problem here that happens infrequently, once every 2 months. The
stores dismount (IS still running) and nobody can access email. When
attempting to remount the stores they fail, suggeting restart of ESM and IS
services. We then restarted the IS service which causes an error to appear on
the screen saying that it terminated abnormally. A full restart of the server
resolves the issue that time, but in 2 months we can almost guarantee that it
will happen again.

Event Log errors:
Event id: 1115
MSExchangeIS Mailbox
Error 0xfffffbbe returned from closing database table, called from function
JTAB_BASE::EcCloseTable on table Message Tombstone.

Event ID: 1159
MSExchangeIS
Database error 0xfffffbbe occurred in function JTAB_BASE::EcSetCurrentIndex
while accessing the database "StoreName".

Event ID: 471
Logging / Recovery
Information Store (2768) Unable to rollback operation #274994347 on database
H:\StoreName.edb. Error: -510. All future database updates will be rejected.

Event ID: 9558
MSExchangeIS
An error occurred while writing to the database log file of storage group
"StorageGroup". Attempting to unmount all databases in this storage group.

I have checked in the event log for any errors relating to PowerPath and
can't see any errors.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks in advance

This usually indicates disk I/O issues.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322126/EN-US/ (relating to clusters)
references your error, and suggests that SP3 be installed. (Which you have
done)  I believe there is a post SP3 rollup as well.  Is there anything else
in the event logs re: your log drive?

"Tim Earnshaw" <TimEarnshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We are running Exchange 2000 + sp3. (Build 6249.4)
> We have 4 mail stores + public folder store.
> The stores vary in size up to about 96gb, and are located on their own san
> drive.
> The transaction log files are also on their own san drive (65.9Gb drive
> with
> currently 62.9Gb free) .
>
> We have a problem here that happens infrequently, once every 2 months. The
> stores dismount (IS still running) and nobody can access email. When
> attempting to remount the stores they fail, suggeting restart of ESM and
> IS
> services. We then restarted the IS service which causes an error to appear
> on
> the screen saying that it terminated abnormally. A full restart of the
> server
> resolves the issue that time, but in 2 months we can almost guarantee that
> it
> will happen again.
>
> Event Log errors:
> Event id: 1115
> MSExchangeIS Mailbox
> Error 0xfffffbbe returned from closing database table, called from
> function
> JTAB_BASE::EcCloseTable on table Message Tombstone.
>
> Event ID: 1159
> MSExchangeIS
> Database error 0xfffffbbe occurred in function
> JTAB_BASE::EcSetCurrentIndex
> while accessing the database "StoreName".
>
> Event ID: 471
> Logging / Recovery
> Information Store (2768) Unable to rollback operation #274994347 on
> database
> H:\StoreName.edb. Error: -510. All future database updates will be
> rejected.
>
> Event ID: 9558
> MSExchangeIS
> An error occurred while writing to the database log file of storage group
> "StorageGroup". Attempting to unmount all databases in this storage group.
>
> I have checked in the event log for any errors relating to PowerPath and
> can't see any errors.
>
> Has anyone ever seen this before?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
tfelts (292)
11/11/2005 2:02:01 PM
Thanks for the reply.

No logs for I/O problems. I have checked the SAN logs to see if there was a
connection flap, but to no avail.

I suppose the alternative to prove it is / is not SAN related is to create a
store on the local drives and see if they dismount when this happens next.

"Tom Felts" wrote:

> This usually indicates disk I/O issues.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322126/EN-US/ (relating to clusters)
> references your error, and suggests that SP3 be installed. (Which you have
> done)  I believe there is a post SP3 rollup as well.  Is there anything else
> in the event logs re: your log drive?
>

> "Tim Earnshaw" <TimEarnshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > We are running Exchange 2000 + sp3. (Build 6249.4)
> > We have 4 mail stores + public folder store.
> > The stores vary in size up to about 96gb, and are located on their own san
> > drive.
> > The transaction log files are also on their own san drive (65.9Gb drive
> > with
> > currently 62.9Gb free) .
> >
> > We have a problem here that happens infrequently, once every 2 months. The
> > stores dismount (IS still running) and nobody can access email. When
> > attempting to remount the stores they fail, suggeting restart of ESM and
> > IS
> > services. We then restarted the IS service which causes an error to appear
> > on
> > the screen saying that it terminated abnormally. A full restart of the
> > server
> > resolves the issue that time, but in 2 months we can almost guarantee that
> > it
> > will happen again.
> >
> > Event Log errors:
> > Event id: 1115
> > MSExchangeIS Mailbox
> > Error 0xfffffbbe returned from closing database table, called from
> > function
> > JTAB_BASE::EcCloseTable on table Message Tombstone.
> >
> > Event ID: 1159
> > MSExchangeIS
> > Database error 0xfffffbbe occurred in function
> > JTAB_BASE::EcSetCurrentIndex
> > while accessing the database "StoreName".
> >
> > Event ID: 471
> > Logging / Recovery
> > Information Store (2768) Unable to rollback operation #274994347 on
> > database
> > H:\StoreName.edb. Error: -510. All future database updates will be
> > rejected.
> >
> > Event ID: 9558
> > MSExchangeIS
> > An error occurred while writing to the database log file of storage group
> > "StorageGroup". Attempting to unmount all databases in this storage group.
> >
> > I have checked in the event log for any errors relating to PowerPath and
> > can't see any errors.
> >
> > Has anyone ever seen this before?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

That is one option.  Do the error messages always reference the same SG, or
are they divverent SG's?  I am wondering if perhaps you may not have a
courrpted database...

> [...]
>> >
>> > Event ID: 1159
>> > MSExchangeIS
>> > Database error 0xfffffbbe occurred in function
>> > JTAB_BASE::EcSetCurrentIndex
>> > while accessing the database "StoreName".
>> >
>> > Event ID: 471
>> > Logging / Recovery
>> > Information Store (2768) Unable to rollback operation #274994347 on
>> > database
>> > H:\StoreName.edb. Error: -510. All future database updates will be
>> > rejected.
>> >
>> > Event ID: 9558
>> > MSExchangeIS
>> > An error occurred while writing to the database log file of storage
>> > group
>> > "StorageGroup". Attempting to unmount all databases in this storage
>> > group.
>> >
>> > I have checked in the event log for any errors relating to PowerPath

0
tfelts (292)
11/11/2005 3:44:10 PM
They are all storage groups, and all are on san attached drives.

"Tom Felts" wrote:

> That is one option.  Do the error messages always reference the same SG, or
> are they divverent SG's?  I am wondering if perhaps you may not have a
> courrpted database...
>

> "Tim Earnshaw" <TimEarnshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > No logs for I/O problems. I have checked the SAN logs to see if there was
> > connection flap, but to no avail.
> >
> > I suppose the alternative to prove it is / is not SAN related is to create
> > store on the local drives and see if they dismount when this happens next.
> >

> > "Tom Felts" wrote:
> >
> >> This usually indicates disk I/O issues.
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322126/EN-US/ (relating to clusters)
> >> references your error, and suggests that SP3 be installed. (Which you
> >> have
> >> done)  I believe there is a post SP3 rollup as well.  Is there anything
> >> else
> >> in the event logs re: your log drive?
> >>

> >> "Tim Earnshaw" <TimEarnshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Then the SAN is the next thing to rule out or in.

> They are all storage groups, and all are on san attached drives.
>
> "Tom Felts" wrote:
>
>> That is one option.  Do the error messages always reference the same SG,
>> or
>> are they divverent SG's?  I am wondering if perhaps you may not have a
>> courrpted database...
>>

>> "Tim Earnshaw" <TimEarnshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the reply.
>> >
>> > No logs for I/O problems. I have checked the SAN logs to see if there
>> > was
>> > connection flap, but to no avail.
>> >
>> > I suppose the alternative to prove it is / is not SAN related is to
>> > create
>> > store on the local drives and see if they dismount when this happens
>> > next.

0
tfelts (292)

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

store item quantity
hi can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store in hq database. thanks ItemDynamics -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "BACHA11" <BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6817D99-2062-43A8-9CC4-65D7EB17360B@microsoft.com... > hi > can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store > in > hq database. > thanks thank you ryan ,i got it "Ryan @ R...

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...

Restore Exchange...help!!!!
My 'broken' Exchange2003\win2003 server (not DC) had it's partitions labelled...'system' for C:\, 'Exchange' for D: and 'logs' for E:. How important is it I label the new Exchange server drives the same before the restore (I am not sure of the EXACT names!!!) Also my log files were all on drive D:\ (the only things on that drive) do I need to restore them too...they may not be exactly in sync with the other data being restored? Finally, what part of my 'Exchsvr' folder do I need to restore from backup? I think that may be a few days older tha...

emails retained in exchange 2003 queue
Hi to all, i have a ZyWall firewall (hardware) with a Turbo Card option installed. When i activate the anti-virus option in the firewall, i can receive emails, but all that i sent, do not go out, all off them stay in queue. When i deactivate that option, all the mails in queue, are sent. I ask my vendor for that problem, they test my firewall in their offices, but all it's ok. In my home, donsn't work. Must i change anything in my exchange ?? Best regards It sounds like your firewall is blocking outbound connections. You may need to configure exchange to use a SmartHost (your...

Issues with blank email replies on Exchange
Hi, A user recently emailed and said everytime he is vpn'd into the office from home (on his works laptop) he gets an odd problem. He can't send or reply to any emails. And when it does send it sends as a blank message - but somtimes takes about 7-8 attempts to get that far even. He does not get the problem in work. The error is "Error getting data from myexchangeserver.mydomain.com" He has full access to everything else using VPN and can receive emails ok - he can also remote desktop fine and c$ machines etc and read/write to file shares as normal. Details (Outlook...

Exchange to Exchange
Is there a way to configure Exchange to receive mail from another Exchange in 2 different domains? We just seperated 2 companies that use to share a Exchange. The main reason for the pull down from the old Exch. box is that our MX record is still pointing there. While we have accounts in our new domain for our users (15 users) the mail will still go to the old domain. We would like for our user to start using the new domain but they would lose they're email access. Can the Exchange to Exchange work or is it even possible? If there's another way, please advise. -Darrien ...

Can we Take layaway payments from store #2
Hello, I have a customer that would like to make a payment on his layaway at out other location. Can this be done? and how? -- Reynold Cycle This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04C2_01C70A46.94719A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jose, Not without an add-on, which I've never seen to do this. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...