Exchange smtp Connectors and Dns against SmartHost forwarding.

I have tried creating several (3) different Smtp Mail Connectors to have
better control on mail routes.
My setup is a small company with an Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003.
The first mail connector is only for High Priority mail and will send
immediately even on very large mails.
The second is for normal and high priority mail with the same smtp  adress
space (*) but with higher cost (2 instead of 1)
This connector will delay bigger mail (Bigger than 3 MBytes) for non
operating hours.
The last one is only for low importance mail, will delay mail larger than
500Kbytes ad whould use a smart host from an isp provider to minimize
bandwidth when sending large mail to multiple external domains.

The problem is that when i setup the smarthost on the last connector the
mail is routed through that connector even when it is high importance.

From queue view I see that High importance mail go through the correct
connector but then it is routed through the smart host....
When low priority mail is send it goes through the Low prority connector
with destination the Smarthost and obviously correctly goes through the
smarthost as well.

The problem is that the smart host gets Blacklisted sometimes and it is not
acceptable for normal emails!

Can someone help? Is this normal?

Disabling the sarthost on the low priority mail will stop using the
smarthost for all mail!

0
agonos (1)

Exchange 5.5 #33
We are running Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT 4.0 SP4 servers we are planning to upgrade to Windows 2003 Active directory, do we have to upgrade Exchange or can we still run the Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT servers within Windows 2003 domain Active directory. Yes, you can still use the 5.5 server on an NT box in 2003 active directory. I just upgraded to 2003 AD and it works fine. If you decide to use split-brain DNS and go with the same internal FQDN as your external domain name, then you will need to manually ad the exchange server ip in DNS to be able to see web access from inside though. Bu...

Exchange 2003 pop3 access
Hi, I have one remote user connecting to our exchange 2003 server using Outlook 2003 via pop3. Outlook is configured to leave a copy of the messages on the server. I realise RPC over HTTP is superior Today the user opened outlook and its trying to download 400+ emails dating back 6 months ago. Any ideas? mbanyon@hotmail.com <mbanyon@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I have one remote user connecting to our exchange 2003 server > using Outlook 2003 via pop3. > Outlook is configured to leave a copy of the messages on the server. > I realise RPC over HTTP is superior > Today the ...

exchange 2003 Custom Attribute labels
How can I change the labels on the Custom Attribute? This was done very easy in exchange 5.5, but I just not see how to do it with exchange 2003 sp2. "BlackIce" <BlackIce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I change the labels on the Custom Attribute? This was done very easy >in exchange 5.5, but I just not see how to do it with exchange 2003 sp2. You can do that with the MMC "schema" snap-in. But you really don't want to do that. If you do, the next time it's necessary to update the schema with the MS suplied ldf files you'll have a prob...

Strange Delay sending to a Single Particular Domain
Recently we have started experiencing a delay when sending to a single domain. A little background is necessary here. - Windows 2003 Enterprise server (SP1 and all current patches) - Exchange 2003 Enterprise (All current patches) This server is on a university campus for one "division" of the university. It is in its own domain and uses its own as well as the university's DNS servers. It is having no trouble sending to any email addresses OTHER than those not housed on the server itself but housed on the campuses main email server. The main campus is the subnet "ca...

"Sent on Behalf of" using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5
We're using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5. I've setup the delegates and permissions correctly in order to send on behalf. The problem I'm having is that when the recipient receives the message, it doesn't state anywhere that the message was "Sent on Behalf of". what i need to do Are you sure you didn't assign "Send As" permission instead of "Send on Behalf of" permission? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ...

Exchange 2003 and Shadow Copy Backups
I was wondering if anyone has any information on using Shadow Copy for thier Exchange backups. Here is why I ask. My understanding is that in order to usze Shadow Copy to do an Exchange backup, the backup software (ie, Netbackup, for example) would have to use its Shadow Copy requestor to initiate the shadow copy of Exchange. Now, here is my issue/question: I am running a Exchange 2003 4+2 node cluster on an EMC Symmetric SAN. What I was hoping to do is to have an additional drive assigned to the Virtual server and do my shadow copies to this drive. Then through the EMC, do a BCV backup ...

Third party software for Exchange server 2007
Can we create third party plugins like antivirus for Exchange server 2007? On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 00:28:01 -0700, Microsoft Exchange 2007 command shell <MicrosoftExchange2007commandshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can we create third party plugins like antivirus for Exchange server 2007? "We" can. "I" can't, but that's because I'm stupid, but you can do that if you want. What were you thinking of doing? ...

Exchange 2003 Standard Server & Outlook as email client
Hi you all, I am experiencing a problem with my Exchange 2003 Standard Server when delivering new email to clients. All clients have Outlook (2000, XP or 2003 versions) to access their mailboxes. The issue is that new email does not show up on the user's inbox automatically. It is not until the user has come activity on Outlook (either change to a different folder in outlook, open an email, etc) that all new email shows up at once. I already checked with the Antivirus software company and verified that all Exchange-related folders in the server were excluded from being scanned to avoi...

Prevent users forwarding to external address
Anyone have any ideas how we can prevent users from setting up a rule to forward messages to an external address (like their home ISP)? We forbid this but need a way to enforce it. In Exchange System Manager, go to the Internet Message Formats object found in the Global Settings node. Here you will find an option to disallow automatic forwards to the Internet. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Colin M. Smith" <mark@netrends.com> wrote in message news:uSWtZGxlFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An...

Replication public folders between Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003
Hi there, One of my customers has the following situation: - Domain: w2k native mode - Exchange 2000 on a member server w2k, exchange also in native mode I build a Exchange 2003 server (with sp1) on w2k3 (sp1) (member) in the same exchange organization. No routing groups so it seems simple. All eventviewers are clear, so no errors. Now I want to replicate the public folders. At all folders I have add the new exchange server as replica, but nothing happens. I've done all the things such as adsiedit (email adress for public folders) and such things. After enable logging on the e2k server th...

Exchange user remote keeps geting 503 errors
I've got a sales rep out on vacation - he brought his office laptop with him (outlook 2003). We have Exchange 2003 back in the office and before he left we set his earthlink account (POP) to be his default. He's authenticating to the POP server to sent out but keeps gettings on 4/26/2006 5:44 PM 503 No recipient(s). errors. Any thoughts you may have out there? Thanks, Brad What smtp addresses are you mailboxes stamped with? Any non-routable like user@domain.local? Nue "Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer28@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:mjW3g.76782...

Exchange 2000 recover
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 running on a Windows 2000 server. Can anyone recommend any websites that has recover procedures for completely restoring the Exchange server? Happy Thanksgiving everyone! microsoft.com/exchange? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/library/disrec00.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "wli2k2" <wli2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4292E291-C1B8-4B11-BC85-F0DA065EA2E2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Exchange 2000 runni...

new, reply, forward are grayed out; can receive but not send
I have a new laptop,setting up email; send/receive button works but all others are grayed out.Already checked w/ isp about authentication/password issues; they were little help, just confirmed that I had everything entered correctly. all others are grayed out What "Others?" --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, chris asked: | I have a new laptop,setting up email; send/re...

Forwarding reply received without it including original mail sent
How do I forward the reply mail received without it including the original text sent in the first place?? ...

Deleting Exchange user accounts & Home folders
Hi, When deleting an Exchange user in ESM would it automatically delete the mapped home folder for that user (mapped in the Profile tab)? We currently create a folder in a shared datastore folder so that each user can save work on the server Personally, I feel deleting an exchange user account will not delete the home folder. I guess I will have to delete the home folder manually? Thanks, PL You are correct - it will not delete the home folder. Instead of doing it manually you could probably find or create a cleanup script to run once in a while that removes the orphaned folders. ...

SMTP greylisting delay and bounce
We run Ex2k3 and Win2k3 all up to date. We've had a handfull of incidences where after initial attempts at sending and being rejected due to greylisting our server does not retry for several days, completely ignoring the retry interval set on the SMTP server. According to our logs, our Exchange server connected to both mail servers for the example below. The connections were rejected because of Greylisting, and then our server did not try again for 6 days, which is when the NDR was delivered to the sender. The bounce and the logs follow. It seems like our Exchange server is mis...

POP connectors......which one do you use
Hi I have just setup xchange 2k3 on a 2k3 server and all seems good,i needto be able to download mail from my isp pop server to my xchange server It appears you need 3rd party tools to do this so my question is which is the best and which is free!! Your thoughts are appreciated Regards S -- Simon Whyley MCP XP,2Kpro Comptia A+ (lol) Message posted via WinServerKB.com http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/exchange-administration/200508/1 The best answer is don't. Beg (if it takes it) the ISP to give you an SMTP feed. Bribe them etc. etc. When all that falls on stony ground ...

Problem with mailbox size on Exchange 5.5
We have a strange problem with mailbox size on Exchange 5.5 SP4. Microsoft Exchange Administrator and Private Information Store are both reporting the same size (3MB) of mailbox of particular user and it seems to be incorrect. (If we use MS Outlook for the same mailbox - it reports only 9 KB). We tried to stop Exchange and checked and defragmented store using eseutil - not helped. Who can help? Thank you. when you look at the size of the mailbox in Outlook, are you looking at the size of the entire mailbox, with all folders? "Andrey" <Andrey@discussions.microsoft.com>...

`Post:Konto:POP3`,Server:SMTP`,protokolll:SMTP,Port:25(SSL):Nei,Kontaktfeil:(100),Feilkode:0x880cccod
har levert feil pop code n�r jeg innstallerte ..hvordan kan jeg g� til registrerings siden for � forandre dette.. ...

Exchange 2010 Archive Enabled
Hi, With Exchange 2010 there is the option to enable online archiving for users. These are then available in Exchange WebApp (OWA) and Outlook 2010. I have heard that there is a patch or Service Pack to enable Outlook 2007 to access the online archive. Is this so? If so, what article describes this? Regards ...

No Connector?
While viewing Exchange System Manager I notice I don't have any Connectors under my only Server tree. Could this be why my clients can't connect to the server? If so, how do I add a connector? tks, steve you only need connectors if you want to specify restrictions on Internet email or you need to connect to other sites or foreign systems...what happens when your users try to open Outlook? "sjs" <sjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8DA481-F361-4865-8191-7F5FF37246A5@microsoft.com... > While viewing Exchange System Manager I notice I don't...

Calendar connector...pls help
Hi, I am unable to start calendar service. I have exactly followed MS article to install and configure my lotus notes and calendar connector. It seems that it is not able to read Schedule+free busy system folder. But i do have that folder in place.. I receive following error: ======== Event ID 5005 The Calendar Connector could not connect to the Public Information Store due to MAPI error 80004005 and is shutting down. Ensure that the Information Store service is running and the Calendar Connector service is configured to use the Exchange Services Account and Password in Services Con...

exchange 2003 sp2 database
Hi, Someone told met that I should not let the mailbox store grow above 32 GB, because it will start corrupting. Can someone tell me if this is true? I cannot find any information about what happens when the store grows bigger that 32 GB. We need the functionality that SP2 gives regarding the 16 GB limit. Thanks in advance That is total nonsense. Exchange can manage very large databases. The limiting factor in database size is backup/restore windows and maintenance times. /Simon "Ruud Boersma" <RuudBoersma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:127CBDC8-65E3...

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant is unregistering cluster virtual machine Server1 with DsProxy.
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1, with Exchange SP1. This is a single-server pointing to itself for DNS and running Active Directory. This system is NOT part of a cluster, so I am looking for a little insight into why the below message is appearing in my event viewer. The message is informational in nature (shows up as blue message in the event log, not a red error message or a yellow warning message). Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 9243 Date: 11/13/2005 Time: 2:50:30 PM User: N/A Computer: Server1 Description: Microsof...

Redirecting Inbound SMTP email
Here is the scenerio, There is two companies that are related but maintain completly seperate infrastructures. The first company has a domain of domain.com and the second has a domain of domain.us Say userx has an address of userx@domain.us and there is no userx@domain.com, someones decides to send an email to userx@domain.com Is there a way to forward that smtp message to userx@domain.us without creating an AD user for userx in domain.com Thanks Hi Ron, There sure is. You can just add the domain.us address space in your Recipient Policy and set it so that Exchange is not Author...