Exchange Small Business 2000 will not mount stores

My exchange server keeps unmounting information stores

Problem occured two days ago, could not perform a soft recovery so tried a
hard recovery on existing databases. Ran a defrag too. Everything looked OK
and then 4 hours later the exchange server unmounted the stores. This wa s
the original app log error

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there are
network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for
maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

then tried to mount info stores and this error occurred

Error ID c1041724

Software recovery would not work, tried hard recovery, ran defrag, deleted
all log files and temp database files. Started exchange services and info
stored seemed to mount OK.

Next day same problem. Tried hard recovery again. The App log was filling up
with these messages below shortly after I mounted the info stores. Also,
event veiwer stopped tracking after this message

An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store
(FLONDRASERVER)".
 Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcTestMessage
Error: 0x8004010f

Now cannot run hard recovery anymore due to Jet_errKeyduplicate

I am at my wits end as to why the stores keep unmounting. Any assistance
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
0
Dan4650 (795)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:28:02 -0700, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My exchange server keeps unmounting information stores
>
>Problem occured two days ago, could not perform a soft recovery so tried a
>hard recovery on existing databases. Ran a defrag too. Everything looked OK
>and then 4 hours later the exchange server unmounted the stores. This wa s
>the original app log error
>
>The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
>The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there are
>network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for
>maintenance.
>The MAPI provider failed.
>Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
>ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000
>
>then tried to mount info stores and this error occurred
>
>Error ID c1041724
>
>Software recovery would not work, tried hard recovery, ran defrag, deleted
>all log files and temp database files. Started exchange services and info
>stored seemed to mount OK.
>
>Next day same problem. Tried hard recovery again. The App log was filling up
>with these messages below shortly after I mounted the info stores. Also,
>event veiwer stopped tracking after this message
>
>An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store
>(FLONDRASERVER)".
> Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcTestMessage
>Error: 0x8004010f
>
>Now cannot run hard recovery anymore due to Jet_errKeyduplicate
>
>I am at my wits end as to why the stores keep unmounting. Any assistance
>would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Dan

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/wontmount.mspx
"What to Do When an Exchange Store Won't Mount"

Not sure what you mean by hard recovery, that is what runs after a
restore of the database. Hopefully you have good backups.

0
adavid (8731)
8/18/2006 4:47:17 PM
What Exchange service pack level are we looking at here?

0
mark7219 (5666)
8/18/2006 4:50:17 PM

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> What Exchange service pack level are we looking at here?
>
> Version 6.0 (Build 4629.1: Service Pack 1)
0
Dan4650 (795)
8/21/2006 1:10:02 PM
This article refers to soft recovery and hard recovery on the exchange info
stores.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313184

One thing I did not mention was that the hard drive was replaced approx. 3
months ago. Also, after my last attempt, the app log was indicating the
following error over a 4 hour period and then the stores unmounted again:

MSExchangeFBpublish
Unable to prepare message table for polling thread processing. The error
number is 0x80004005

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:28:02 -0700, Dan
> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >My exchange server keeps unmounting information stores
> >
> >Problem occured two days ago, could not perform a soft recovery so tried a
> >hard recovery on existing databases. Ran a defrag too. Everything looked OK
> >and then 4 hours later the exchange server unmounted the stores. This wa s
> >the original app log error
> >
> >The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
> >The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there are
> >network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for
> >maintenance.
> >The MAPI provider failed.
> >Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
> >ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000
> >
> >then tried to mount info stores and this error occurred
> >
> >Error ID c1041724
> >
> >Software recovery would not work, tried hard recovery, ran defrag, deleted
> >all log files and temp database files. Started exchange services and info
> >stored seemed to mount OK.
> >
> >Next day same problem. Tried hard recovery again. The App log was filling up
> >with these messages below shortly after I mounted the info stores. Also,
> >event veiwer stopped tracking after this message
> >
> >An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store
> >(FLONDRASERVER)".
> > Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcTestMessage
> >Error: 0x8004010f
> >
> >Now cannot run hard recovery anymore due to Jet_errKeyduplicate
> >
> >I am at my wits end as to why the stores keep unmounting. Any assistance
> >would be appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Dan
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/wontmount.mspx
> "What to Do When an Exchange Store Won't Mount"
>
> Not sure what you mean by hard recovery, that is what runs after a
> restore of the database. Hopefully you have good backups.

0
Dan4650 (795)
8/21/2006 1:19:01 PM
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:19:01 -0700, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This article refers to soft recovery and hard recovery on the exchange info
>stores.
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313184

Yes, I know what they are . :)
The point is that a hard recovery is typically run after a restore to
bring a store consistent and usually by the backup program. A soft
recovery is what you run ( and Exchange will do this automatically )
if the store crashes or the server is shut off and not dismounted
cleanly etc... You can obviously run thses manually, but they are not
something you just run unless there are specific circumstances . I
think you are referring to hard repair, which is usually a last resort
if you dont have good backup.

>One thing I did not mention was that the hard drive was replaced approx. 3
>months ago. Also, after my last attempt, the app log was indicating the
>following error over a 4 hour period and then the stores unmounted again:
>
>MSExchangeFBpublish
>Unable to prepare message table for polling thread processing. The error
>number is 0x80004005
>

>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:28:02 -0700, Dan
>> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >My exchange server keeps unmounting information stores
>> >
>> >Problem occured two days ago, could not perform a soft recovery so tried a
>> >hard recovery on existing databases. Ran a defrag too. Everything looked OK
>> >and then 4 hours later the exchange server unmounted the stores. This wa s
>> >the original app log error
>> >
>> >The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
>> >The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there are
>> >network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for
>> >maintenance.
>> >The MAPI provider failed.
>> >Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
>> >ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000
>> >
>> >then tried to mount info stores and this error occurred
>> >
>> >Error ID c1041724
>> >
>> >Software recovery would not work, tried hard recovery, ran defrag, deleted
>> >all log files and temp database files. Started exchange services and info
>> >stored seemed to mount OK.
>> >
>> >Next day same problem. Tried hard recovery again. The App log was filling up
>> >with these messages below shortly after I mounted the info stores. Also,
>> >event veiwer stopped tracking after this message
>> >
>> >An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store
>> >(FLONDRASERVER)".
>> > Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcTestMessage
>> >Error: 0x8004010f
>> >
>> >Now cannot run hard recovery anymore due to Jet_errKeyduplicate
>> >
>> >I am at my wits end as to why the stores keep unmounting. Any assistance
>> >would be appreciated.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Dan
>>

>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/wontmount.mspx
>> "What to Do When an Exchange Store Won't Mount"
>>
>> Not sure what you mean by hard recovery, that is what runs after a
>> restore of the database. Hopefully you have good backups.

0
adavid (8731)
8/21/2006 1:27:48 PM
OK, but by following the steps in this article the database comes back as
consistent with no errors, I start the Exchange services and about 4 hours
later the problem happens again. Followed the steps in the URL you posted
(was recomended by my associate), by running eseutil /mh it tells me the
database is inconsistent and shutdown improperly. Transaction log replay
article tells me to run soft recovery, if that fails then hard recovery
(repair). I do get C1041724 when trying to mount the stores and have followed
those steps as well. Do I recreate new database and import e-mail or is it
relating to something else?

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:19:01 -0700, Dan
> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >This article refers to soft recovery and hard recovery on the exchange info
> >stores.
> >http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313184
>
> Yes, I know what they are . :)
> The point is that a hard recovery is typically run after a restore to
> bring a store consistent and usually by the backup program. A soft
> recovery is what you run ( and Exchange will do this automatically )
> if the store crashes or the server is shut off and not dismounted
> cleanly etc... You can obviously run thses manually, but they are not
> something you just run unless there are specific circumstances . I
> think you are referring to hard repair, which is usually a last resort
> if you dont have good backup.
>

> >One thing I did not mention was that the hard drive was replaced approx. 3
> >months ago. Also, after my last attempt, the app log was indicating the
> >following error over a 4 hour period and then the stores unmounted again:
> >
> >MSExchangeFBpublish
> >Unable to prepare message table for polling thread processing. The error
> >number is 0x80004005
> >

> >"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/wontmount.mspx
> >> "What to Do When an Exchange Store Won't Mount"
> >>
> >> Not sure what you mean by hard recovery, that is what runs after a
> >> restore of the database. Hopefully you have good backups.

0
Dan4650 (795)
8/21/2006 2:13:03 PM

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> What Exchange service pack level are we looking at here?

0
Dan4650 (795)

Exchange in Child Domain
Hi I hope someone can provide me with some clarity on the following: I have installed a second Exchange server in a child domain of our parent (forest root) domain on a remote site, connected by a WAN/LAN link. Currently all servers are in the same routing group in the same organisation, and everything appears fine. The servers are all present and manageable in the Exchange System Manager and users on one mailbox server can email users on the other mailbox server no problem. (We are also going to install a Front-End for OWA access). We could configure a routing group between the sites...

SQL 2000 Reporting Services Error for CRM 3.0
Hi Guys, I have encountered the following Reporting Servies error whenever we attempt to generate CRM reports from CRM outlook and web clients. Only the administrator groups can run the reports. Note that we have upgraded CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I have tried all my level best to grant the required permissions on the report folders. But still the error is there. Thank you in advance for your help. With kind regards, Gech Reporting Services Error ________________________________________ • An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError...

Mover Exchange 2003 Server
Hi; Is there any way we can move Exchange 2003 server in native mode between administrative groups? Any hope with Exchange SP1 or SP2. Thanx On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 22:34:01 -0700, "Rajeh" <Rajeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi; >Is there any way we can move Exchange 2003 server in native mode between >administrative groups? Any hope with Exchange SP1 or SP2. > >Thanx There is no supported method to do this. You'll need to move the mailboxes/folders etc.. to another server, unistall and remove the exch server from the org, and then reinstall it into t...

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

Problem with DNS TTL on exchange and DC records
I am having a lot of problems with Exchange hanging on users and have narrowed it down to the DNS TTL's being too low. On the e2k3 box I have deselected the DNS auto register feature. I change the A record on the DC and bump the TTL up to 7 days. But it keeps setting back to 20 mins which is way too low. I would also like to set the DC's to 1 day, but I am having the same problem. What am I missing? On 8 Aug 2006 09:35:30 -0700, nate.sellers@gmail.com wrote: >I am having a lot of problems with Exchange hanging on users and have >narrowed it down to the DNS TTL's being...

Cloning the Exchange Server
I need to test SP4 on my 5.5 Exchange box. I plan to image the server, install the image to another, identical box, remove the original from the network, apply the SP and see what happens. My question is this: Say it works fine and I leave it in place as "the" Exchange server for several days. When I remove the clone and put the original back in place how can I 'update' the original with the mail and public folder info the clone gathered while it was in place? Can I just copy the priv and pub back to the original? Thanks! That sounds like a whole lot of work just to test ...

OAB errors after removing exchange member server that was also DC
I ran OABinteg tool alltests for AD testing and got this. What should I use to edit the values that have a line number associated? ldp.exe or ADSIedit.msc? I am assuming that these two errors point to the removed server. I just can't find them so I can change the values to the current server. Failure: ADsOpenObject ADSI Error: hr = 0x80005000 - E_ADS_BAD_PATHNAME: An invalid ADSI pathname was p assed. Function: CheckOABTemplates Line number: 1478 Failure: ADsOpenObject ADSI Error: hr = 0x80005000 - E_ADS_BAD_PATHNAME: An invalid ADSI pathname was p assed. Function: CheckOABTempl...

Remove and/or transfer vouchers from a store (HQ environment)
We recently closed down a store. We are using the integrated voucher system within RMS. We have transferred all of the inventory from that store to a different store through HQ's, but is there a way to somehow transfer the vouchers also? If it's not possible to transfer the vouchers to the other store location, what is the best way to handle this? Somehow we need to get the vouchers out of one store and into the other one. Regards, Michael -- First District Association Michael, We have Global Voucher Addon that will do this for you. Please contact me for info. Ian McLean ...

New Exchange server #3
Hi, I have bought a new server on which to run Exchange 2000. I have 2 x 36GB SAS SCSI and 4 x 146GB SAS SCSI. Following advice form this newsgroup I will configure 3 sets of RAID 1. O/S and Pagefile on 36GB RAID 1 Logs on 146GB RAID 1 Databases on 146GB RAID 1 This server will also have our Intranet which is not heavily used. Which drive should I put that on? Any comments would be appreciated. With our existing Exchange server setup we also have a POP3 Mail server in our DMZ. I want to do away with that server and let Exchange handle all the Mail traffic. Can someone point me to some...

Configuring Trend IMSS7.1 with Exchange 2007
Hi All, Its new setup Firewall: Fortigate 80C Server : Exchange 2007 (Mail Box , Hub transport & OWA) Server : Redhat Linux With Trend Micro Inter Scan Messaging Security Suite(7.1). i want to configure. Incoming Mails Flow chart : Firewall --> Trend Micro IMSS --> Exchange --> Users OWA has been Published with ISA2006. Intranet mails Working . Kindly help me to configure External mails sending and Receiving Kindly Help me how to configure the connective in between all the three. ...

03 -> 07 transition probs: The component"Microsoft Exchange...cannot be assigned the action "Remove"
I am in the process of trying to remove an 03 exchange server (which is also a domain controller, yes I know...) after the mailboxes etc have been moved to 2007 server. I receive the message: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: -One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server. Prior to attempting to remove the ex 03 server I followed the ins...

Problem with Exchange 2003 Permissions
I have a 2003 installation which only has one mailbox database and one public folder database in the first storage group. the issue im having is that i cannot mount the public folders db with the error " The store could not be mounted because the active directory information was not replicated yet you cant either... press cancel or retry" and when I do a retry i got "The Microsoft exchange information store service could not find the specified object." ID no: c1041722 I googled a lot about this issue which is supposed to be a permissions issue but i had alre...

4.0 Exchange Router Config Settings
I wanted to get feedback on how most people are configuring the the exchange router for 4.0. There is an option to have a forwarding mailbox but we are currently not using that. Wasn't sure if that is what most people are using. Thanks! you can these screencast to understand the email integration of MSCRM 4.0 http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterfwd/emailrouterfwd.html http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterpop3/emailrouterpop3.html http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterexchange/emailrouterexchange.html enjoy viewing... "MDV1457" <MDV1457@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

To Find Mail Box names in Exchange Server
Hi all, I would like to find the list of mailboxes in our exchange server. Is there any way to find the mailbox name list using Extended MAPI or should i go for any other API. Any suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. Thanx in advance, Regards, deena Single server? Easiest way would be to export list from Exchange System Manager. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <tsgd84@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156427829.128690.229380@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

Outlook 2000 Send Emails
I tried accessing some of the previous posts regarding this feature and I am not sure if this has been addressed. So here is my version of the problem: Win 2k, Outlook 2000. Sends and receives fine (had McAfee Virus scan and firewall installed). Since upgraded to Internet Suite 6, I cannot send any mails, Regardless of attachments but incoming mails are OK. Error 530:Authentication required, 0x800ccc78, Rejected by sender. I have tried uninstalling virus scan, disabling all components of the security suite, and I have also contacted my ISP provider (Comcast) who swears up and down that...

Free Space Needed for Offline Exchange Maintenance???
We're using Exchange 2k3 and I'm wondering how much free space is needed to run offline maintenance? Does the size of free space depend on the database size or the storage group total size? For example, if you have 4 databases at 25 gigs each and your storage group is 100 gigs and you're only performing maintenance on one database at a time, do you need 25 gigs of free space or 100 gigs? Can someone point me to a Microsoft article on this? Thanks! BJ I did this last month and you are recommended to have 25G + 10% per database. You run one database at a time. That is t...

ESEUTIL error on Exchange 2000
Last night I ran eseutil on my priv1.edb as it had reached 16,702,792KB file size and I was encountering intermittent stoppages, slowdowns in my email service, though the IS never dismounted. I have about 8 GB space left on the drive with the MDBdata. After the previous nights online defrag I had about 9 GB of white space in the database. I ran the eseutil with a /t switch, since I had only 8 GB free space on the drive, and set the tempdfg.edb to a USB drive with 128 GB free space. Nevertheless, the eseutil errored at about 50% with the message: "Operation terminated with error -180...

Changing ISP / email address
My friend is about to change ISP and get a new email address. He doesn't use webmail only Outlook. He has many folders containing emails he wants to keep, and also all his contacts. Can someone please tell me, if he changes email address will all the folder contents and contact details remain in Outlook? Are they on his hardrive or not? Thanks! Outlook data is stored locally. If he uses the same data file all his information will be there. -- Russ Valentine "Alfa Mum" <Alfa Mum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54C0F148-C087-4A8A-A25C-A...

Outlook 2000 Can't find contacts for Distribution list
In Outlook 2000 on Windows 98SE I have added contacts and want to create a distribution list I go File->New->Distribution list Then click Select Members. In the drop down list box next to the text "Show names from the:" there is nothing!! I expect to be able to set it to the Contacts folder but when I open the list box nothing is there. Any ideas? Thanks jw Is the Contacts Folder enabled as an email address book in its properties? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "MS" <yea@right.off> wrote in message news:%23$vfCi4DFHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > ...

Entourage Calendar Randomly Stops Sync'ing With Exchange Server

Trying to use Access 2000 databases in Access 2003
We use two very simple (no macros, etc.) but important databases in our office. One was created in Access 2000, and the other was converted to Access 2000 from an earlier version. When we try to open either file in Access 2003, the program essentially stops responding. We are sometimes able to open the files after restarting Access, enabling the databases under Help/About Access and restarting Access again. We've set the security level to "low" to discontinue the security prompts. Is there any way to convert these two files to the 2003 format? If not, is there some oth...

Accounts option does not work in 2000 anymore
Hi, bit of a toughie this one. My Outlook 2000 installation no longer works for the Accounts option. This is via Tools/Accounts from the menu or the Accounts button buried in Options. I've tried a repair and also reconfigured mail support back and forth to see if that helps. I cannot find any solution for it on the MS support site. I'd really like to keep all my multiple accounts unless there is no option but to remove and reinstall which is why I am asking here if anyone has any other ideas please.? TIA Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing "Gasman&q...

Please help!!! Information Store and System Attendant does not start
Hello Everyone, I have a couple of questions. Friday my exchange 2k box crashed on the windows side. I have put the exchange hard drives in a new pc. I repaired the drive by running the windows repair and bascially had to almost install windows again. However, it comes back up at win2k sp3. I reran the exchange sp3 patch on the server. All my drives look good. However, the information store and exchange system attendant will not start. I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on why this is happening? Also on a side note I can not remote desktop into this pc which is weird? I can ping...

excel 2000 #31
How do I assign a hyperlink to a tab? I wish to save my workbook as a web page with a worksheet tab called home that will return me to my home page simply by clicking the tab. I don't believe this is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "rich" <rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8141D876-E904-4E59-88FB-6B265A37DCE2@microsoft.com... > How do I assign a hyperlink to a tab? I wish to save my > workbook as a web > page with a worksheet tab called home that will return m...

Changing Exchange server name
Hi all, I've to change my Exchange server name from old_server_name to new_server_name. What I've to know before make this change? Thank you On the same subject, I use an MST when installing through my org. I will alter the MST so Outlook configures Automatically on new installs but where is the Exchange sever named stored to change it on Previously installed PCs (only effects user who sign on to multiple location as there first sign on is handled by Active Directory) . note: sry to horde in on your thread Andrea "Andrea Caldarone" wrote: > Hi all, > &...