Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem

I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the
new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running
QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being
moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The
Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux
server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the
QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts.
It did so flawlessly until Friday...

On Friday administration decided they wanted to keep the old e-mail
addresses for another 6 months. I thought that it would not be a problem
simply to modify my Recipient Policy to accept mail from both domains, new
and old in preparation for the elimination of the Linux QMail server. I
realized my error once discovering that mail to a user@organization.com
would report an "Undeliverable" mail message when a new mailserver user sent
it. The Exchange box thought it was the mail server for the old domain as
well. I again modified the Default Recipient Policy in an attempt to get
mail flowing again.

I am still getting the "Undeliverable" message when a new mail server user
tries to send to send to anyone in the old organization.com domain. Any help
will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0
Raymond

If I understand correctly, you can probably solve this by looking at the
recipient policy that assigns the old email address users on the new server,
and uncheck the box that says "This Exchange Org is reponsible for all mail
delivery to this address".

Hope that helps!

-MRW
 MCSE, MCSA, A+

"Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
> I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the
> new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server
running
> QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are
being
> moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The
> Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux
> server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the
> QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts.
> It did so flawlessly until Friday...
>
> On Friday administration decided they wanted to keep the old e-mail
> addresses for another 6 months. I thought that it would not be a problem
> simply to modify my Recipient Policy to accept mail from both domains, new
> and old in preparation for the elimination of the Linux QMail server. I
> realized my error once discovering that mail to a user@organization.com
> would report an "Undeliverable" mail message when a new mailserver user
sent
> it. The Exchange box thought it was the mail server for the old domain as
> well. I again modified the Default Recipient Policy in an attempt to get
> mail flowing again.
>
> I am still getting the "Undeliverable" message when a new mail server user
> tries to send to send to anyone in the old organization.com domain. Any
help
> will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, there is only one recipient policy and this only contains
(under e-mail addresses (policy)) the SMTP address of "organization.ca" and
the X400 that was there before. The check box you speak of is grayed out.

"MRW" <gospamyourself@nothanks.com> wrote in message
> If I understand correctly, you can probably solve this by looking at the
> recipient policy that assigns the old email address users on the new
> server,
> and uncheck the box that says "This Exchange Org is reponsible for all
> mail
> delivery to this address".
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> -MRW
> MCSE, MCSA, A+
>

> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>> I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the
>> new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server
> running
>> QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are
> being
>> moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The
>> Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux
>> server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the
>> QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new
>> accounts.
>> It did so flawlessly until Friday...
>>
>> On Friday administration decided they wanted to keep the old e-mail
>> addresses for another 6 months. I thought that it would not be a problem
>> simply to modify my Recipient Policy to accept mail from both domains,
>> new
>> and old in preparation for the elimination of the Linux QMail server. I
>> realized my error once discovering that mail to a user@organization.com
>> would report an "Undeliverable" mail message when a new mailserver user
> sent
>> it. The Exchange box thought it was the mail server for the old domain as
>> well. I again modified the Default Recipient Policy in an attempt to get
>> mail flowing again.
>>
>> I am still getting the "Undeliverable" message when a new mail server
>> user
>> tries to send to send to anyone in the old organization.com domain. Any
> help
>> will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0
Raymond
10/25/2004 7:14:38 PM
So, might this be something simpler, that the new mail server is having a
DNS resolution problem finding the old server?

> Unfortunately, there is only one recipient policy and this only contains
> (under e-mail addresses (policy)) the SMTP address of "organization.ca"
and
> the X400 that was there before. The check box you speak of is grayed out.
>
> "MRW" <gospamyourself@nothanks.com> wrote in message
> > If I understand correctly, you can probably solve this by looking at the
> > recipient policy that assigns the old email address users on the new
> > server,
> > and uncheck the box that says "This Exchange Org is reponsible for all
> > mail
> > delivery to this address".
> >
> > Hope that helps!
> >
> > -MRW
> > MCSE, MCSA, A+
> >

> > "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
> >> I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to
the
> >> new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server
> > running
> >> QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are
> > being
> >> moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca;
The
> >> Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux
> >> server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the
> >> QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new
> >> accounts.
> >> It did so flawlessly until Friday...
> >>
> >> On Friday administration decided they wanted to keep the old e-mail
> >> addresses for another 6 months. I thought that it would not be a
problem
> >> simply to modify my Recipient Policy to accept mail from both domains,
> >> new
> >> and old in preparation for the elimination of the Linux QMail server. I
> >> realized my error once discovering that mail to a user@organization.com
> >> would report an "Undeliverable" mail message when a new mailserver user
> > sent
> >> it. The Exchange box thought it was the mail server for the old domain
as
> >> well. I again modified the Default Recipient Policy in an attempt to
get
> >> mail flowing again.
> >>
> >> I am still getting the "Undeliverable" message when a new mail server
> >> user
> >> tries to send to send to anyone in the old organization.com domain. Any
> > help
> >> will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I tried that as well. It can resolve the name just fine.

> So, might this be something simpler, that the new mail server is having a
> DNS resolution problem finding the old server?
>

> "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
>> Unfortunately, there is only one recipient policy and this only contains
>> (under e-mail addresses (policy)) the SMTP address of "organization.ca"
> and
>> the X400 that was there before. The check box you speak of is grayed out.
>>
>> "MRW" <gospamyourself@nothanks.com> wrote in message
>> > If I understand correctly, you can probably solve this by looking at
>> > the
>> > recipient policy that assigns the old email address users on the new
>> > server,
>> > and uncheck the box that says "This Exchange Org is reponsible for all
>> > mail
>> > delivery to this address".
>> >
>> > Hope that helps!
>> >
>> > -MRW
>> > MCSE, MCSA, A+
>> >

>> > "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff.tv> wrote in message
> the
>> > running
>> > being
> The

> problem
>> > sent
> as
> get

>> > help

0
Raymond

Intercept ShutDown Event in C# ? Problem with error code 0xC000014
Hi all, I am trying to write application which will intercept ShutDown event and then cancel that even do some backup work and then fire again shut down event. The problem I am facing is that after capturing shutdown event following line does not help me to cancel it completlly: System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(@"C:\WINNT\system32\shutdown.exe", "-a"); So ShutDown seems to be canceld but my application report error code 0xC0000142 in User32.dll, and can not proceed with backup operation. Is there any way to cancel shutdown event and that application have a...

Problem after Changing the Domain Admin password
After changing the password for the domain admin users cannot log into outlook but can open WEBMAIL. If i change the admin password back and restart the the Exhange services everyone can once again log into their outlook. It is Exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 server. The exchange services are set to use the local system account. Any suggestions. ...

Outlook Office assittant problem
hi all When i start and stop the outlook 2000, i am getting the following alert message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run setup in maintenance mode and install at least one character" but by clicking "Ok" , the outlook continues to work. what can be done for avoiding this alet? Thanks and redgs neela The program is asking that the original installation media be placed back in the machine, go to the add/remove applet in the control panel, highlight Office/Outlook 2000, and select Add/Remove. From there it wants y...

Parameter Query Problem 12-21-07
Hi, I'm creating a Paramater Query based on the date of a payment and receipt number for a record which includes 1st payment, second payment, and 3rd payment and 1st receipt number, 2nd receipt number, and 3rd receipt number fields. How do I retrieve only the field results which match the parameter criteria without pulling up other field values of that record which may not fit the search criteria? Thank you for any suggestions. I suggest that you change you table structure to something like this --- Payments --- PayID - autonumber Invoice - (could be SalesID - relates to sale &...

imap problems through front end
I am having problems with imap through the front end server. the front end server is in an dmz and back end in the private network. so a user from the public net tried imap through front end using outlook express and gets an error The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. any ideas? even ms support does not even know I dont want to have to relocate my front end server help please Hi Tony, Is the IMAP service running on the backend also? This is a requirement. If IMAP, POP, etc is running on the front end it also needs to be running on the back ...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

Is there no way to view individual messages in Exchange 03?
After much Googling, I've learned: 1) Exchange 2003 disabled the "M drive" feature, and 2) Messing around with individual messages in the M drive is a bad idea anyhow. So, is there anyway from the Exchange 03 System Manager to view/open/manage individual email messages? Or must I use Outlook or OWA to do this? Thanks... N2 You need Outlook or OWA to do it... -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "N2" <none@nunya.com> wrote in message news:_VNud.4773$ve.2836@fed1read06... > After much Go...

Inconsistent rule problem
I have a rule set up that automatically forwards specific emails as an attachment. The problem is that sometimes an email will come in the rule will send it off and then the email is marked as read, at other times it's marked as unread. Is there anyway to make sure that the email will read unread until I actually read it? -- ejames See my reply to your post in microsoft.public.outlook.general. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "ejames"...

Problem loading outlook
Hi Guys Everytime I start Outlook 2003 I get the following error: A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line:297 Error: Class not registerd. If I click yes I am asked which Just-in-time debugger I want to use. I select Microsoft Script Editor 6.0 and get the following message: An excpetion of type 'Class not registered' was not handled and then the following is highlighted: document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate(); Any help please -- Thanks TJ Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group t...

disable forwarding feature exchange 2003 in OWA
Does anyone know of a way to disable this feature in outlook web access for exchange 2003? we would like to restrict mailbox forwarding to an administrative only task. thank you team! -- nick If you did this, what would prevent the user from simply using the "Reply" function and changing the recipients address or creating a new email and pasting in the contents of the messages they want to forward? On Mon, 3 May 2004 15:44:52 -0400, "Nicholas Oneil" <nick@logicworks.net> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way to disable this feature in outlook web access for &...

gmail.com sending problem
hi... i am using a exchange server 2000 all mail send/receive is working properly but gmail.com domain sending problem when any user send mail to gmail domain users of gmail receives quiet late about after 10 hours. Any way to check why gmail domain problem quite late in queue. Thanks in advance If you look at the headers in GMail of a message that was sent from your domain, you should be able to tell from the time stamps where the delay is....once you know where, you can then focus on why... "Hyder Abbas" <Hyder Abbas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Outlook & OWA Language problem
We have a client running Outlook 2003 and IE 6 for OWA. Both clients have the inbox (and several other folders) in spanish. It should be in english. Have checked the local machines for different languages. (yes this happens on every machine she logs into and at home using OWA). We have already run: outlook.exe /ResetFolders outlook.exe /ResetFolderNames These switches did nothing. We also did a repair on the Office 2003 install, uninstalled office and reinstalled it...Still the same. The exchange servers do have anti-virus software running but it's not effecting the other 48,000+ users. ...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

Problems downloading transactions #2
For some reason I can't download transactions for my Wells Fargo accounts through MS Money 2007 anymore. It seems that there were two options in the past, 1 was to download them through MS Money for free or 2, pay for Online banking with Wells Fargo which gives you bill pay. Wells Fargo said they don't support option 1 and it was done through MS Money. Is this option no longer available through Money? I recently had this problem pop up, too. Within the past week, whenever I try to download my information through MS Money (as I have for a few years) it has not permitted me to do so...

Select SQL Server During Installation
Hi, I am installing MS CRM in this environment: - SBS 2000 SP3 with SQL 2000 SP3 + Excahnge + Domain Controller - I want to install MS CRM 1.2 on Win 2003 Machine added to the SBS Domains. The user who is doing the installation is member of the domains admins and entreprise admins. It is important to note that we have an instance of SQL Server called BKUPEXEC. The following Services on the sql server are running: SQLAGENT$BKUPEXEC : MSSQLSERVER$BKUPEXEC Question 1: Is the following architecture supported? SBS (DC + SQL + Exchange) on one server. MS CRM on another server (win2003) added...

Summing problem
Hi I have have few columns which have several rows. Each column has been added up using the Sigma tool (S). When I try to add up ( = A+B+C...) those sums I end up with zero value no matter what I do? Any ideas? Thanks Kalevi Hi Kalevi, > I have have few columns which have several rows. Each column has been added > up using the Sigma tool (S). When I try to add up ( = A+B+C...) those sums I > end up with zero value no matter what I do? > Any ideas? > You mean =A10+B10+C10 ? (or =SUM(A10:C10)) Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com Just a guess .. Perha...

Sorting Problem 03-19-07
I deleted a previous question on this, but I now can't view the thread. Please accept my appology. I need to start again. Field: DBxInst: ([DBNum]*1000)+[Inst Num] Field: TheSortOrder: IIf([Forms]![boxSeatsForITI]![MySortOrder]=1,[BankName],[DBxInst]) The Sorting and Grouping window contains TheSortOrder. When MySortOrder = 1, the report is sorted correctly by [BankName]. When MysortOrder = 2, the report is not sorted by [BankName], nor is it sorted by [DBxInst], because the value of DBxInst is WRONG. But if I put [DBxInst] in the Sorting and Grouping window instead of MySortOrde...

HELP!!! Migrating to Exchange 2000 Exchange2k Setup always Fails! (REVISED)
I posted this before but here is a clearer explanation of what's going on. I have gone throught the procedure below 5 times now this is not a fluke. Please Help! I thought this would make things easier. This my test lab setup procedure from scratch. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! 1) Clean install NT4 PDC SP6a (with underscore in domain name to simulate production enviorment) 2) Clean install of NT4 as Member Server SP6a 3) Clean install of Exchange 5.5 and SP4 using domains built in admin account to simulate production enviorment. 4) Build a few mailboxes and user accounts, I don...

Strange CListCtrl Sorting problem
Hi All, Here is the situation. I have a list control that get's populated after the user selects an item from a combo box. Each time the user selects a new item from the combobox I remove all the items and add new ones. Now depending on the combo box item selected, the list needs to be sorted or not. So I have a m_Sort flag that get's set everytime the ComboBox selection is changed, and after I populate the CListCtrl I call SortItems if the m_Sort flag is set to true. If the first time I populate the CListCtrl and sort it, then everytime I clear it an add items they are all sorte...

Common OWA name space without a Font end server
After months of planning, purchasing and installing several Exchange 2003 servers I have come to the unfortunate realization that I need a Front end / Back end server architecture in order to have a common URL for my internet OWA clients to check there mail. I have multiple E2k3 servers hosting my users mailboxes but I would like my internet users to go to a common URL to get to their own OWA. I undersand the security advantages with a Front end / Back end architecture but did not realize that a common external URL would not be possible. Is this true? This was not the case with exchang...

Average Exchange Rate
Does anyone have the exact calculation of the average exchange rate that GP uses during revaluation using either period balances or net change? The amounts we're getting are higher than any of the actual rates entered during the year. We don't have many transations so I'd like to recalculate manually to see if we have a problem iwth setup, data entry or the program itself. Thanks ...

WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT problem from service
I run from service process with user rights (when user is logged) and in this process I create socket (CAsyncSocket::Create(port);). And I get WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT error. When I run this process manually everything is ok. What is wrong? There are issues of server privileges involved. One thing you might try is to use other than the LocalService account to run the service. joe On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:37:45 +0200, ragi <ragi@agora.pl> wrote: >I run from service process with user rights (when user is logged) and in >this process I create socket (CAsyncSocket::Create(port)...

Problems with installing Outlook client user terminal server
Dear all, We are having problems installing the Outlook client on our Terminal service environment. The web client works great but when Outlook is started it crashes straight away and we get error messages in the server event log "There was a problem connecting to the authenticating server". Do you know the "log in" diference between CRM using Outlook and CRM using web client ? Is it possible that the system is trying to log into other services than the web client does typically ? ...

Outlook & Outlook Express
I have both loaded on my computer (Express was my original e-mail program). I successfully loaded Outlook and copied my contact list. I then set Outlook as the default. Nevertheless, I only get mail on O-Express, even though all my settings on Outlook, Outlook-Express list Outlook as the default. Mail settings on my control panel verify this. What's wrong??? Firstly with OE closed does OL send/receive OK ie send yourself a msg If OK, either delete mail accounts in OE, or set it to not check for mail. If you use OE (mail) and OL whichever is open will receive mail, assuming the ...

Problem with ExportAsFixedFormat with selected sheets
I have the routine below in a number of workbooks. Typically it works without a problem. I have a sheet with sheet names that I select and it exports the sheets to a PDF. For some reason sometimes it only produces a PDF with the first sheet in it instead of all sheetnames that were selected. I have made sure the sheetname array has more than one value and have also made sure (by exiting before the export) that it is selecting the correct sheets in a group. Both of those work fine. I have also made sure that there was not a problem with the SortableDateString fuction. If I manually select th...