Exchange server not showing quarantined attachments but users are

We recently upgraded to 2003 outlook.  By default our Exchange server
quarantined attachments.  We have corrected the problem and proper
attachments are no longer being quarantined (None are currently being
held). However ALL attachments for ALL users before the upgrade are
still quarantined.
Any Thoughts?

0
Jacob (28)

What do you mean by quarantined? Do you mean the attachments were blocked or
are you referring to an AV client.

Nue
"Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We recently upgraded to 2003 outlook.  By default our Exchange server
> quarantined attachments.  We have corrected the problem and proper
> attachments are no longer being quarantined (None are currently being
> held). However ALL attachments for ALL users before the upgrade are
> still quarantined.
> Any Thoughts?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/7/2006 4:07:46 PM
This is not an Exchange issue.

Exchange does not quarantine attachments.  Antivirus programs do.  Consult
your antivirus documentation on how to release attachments from the
Quarantine.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We recently upgraded to 2003 outlook.  By default our Exchange server
> quarantined attachments.  We have corrected the problem and proper
> attachments are no longer being quarantined (None are currently being
> held). However ALL attachments for ALL users before the upgrade are
> still quarantined.
> Any Thoughts?

0
Ben

Exchange Cluster

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Calander Sharing without showing details
Is it possible to share a calander with someone else and only show them the blocked off hours without any details of the appointments? This person also wants to share his calander normally with his assistant. Running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. Only if he marks all of the appointments as private. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Excha...

Exchange

New user profile cannot access CRM
Howdy, I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs, and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE? Thanks, David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped out the CR...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

User win32 dll
Hi I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. How can I do so. Regards Usman > I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I > have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. > How can I do so. You just need to link against the .lib file. What exactly is that you are not able to do? --- Ajay There's a function in the Dll that I've to use i.e MyDllFunction(unsinged int) In my MFC application, I...

show character value of a month rather than numeric?
the month function gives me 1 for the value of month(today()), can i get january instead? thanks. jim microsoft.public.excel.newusers Just use =TODAY() And custom format the cell to mmm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "jim sturtz" <jim@sturtzs.com> wrote in message news:OKHhM45GGHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > the month function gives me 1 for the value of mont...

Showing a modal dialog AFTER my SDI app is visible.
Hi, I want to show a modal dialog immediatly after my SDI formview app has become visible. (at startup) (without having to press a button first). I mean i want to show a login dialog immediatly after the app. becomes active. If i do DoModal() for the login dialog somewhere in my code like in OnInitialUpdate(), the dialog appeares before the rest of the app is visible. You could set a timer at the end of OnInitialUpdate() that fires say, 1/2 second later and have it pop up the dialog and kill the timer. Tom "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message news:1187720799.182448...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Show date/time spreadsheet saved
Is it possible to show this in a cell which automatically updates every time the spreadsheet is saved? I would think it is but I can't seem to find anything in the help files. Am I missing something. Many thanks in advance. Hi, Yes. Here's a macro which saves the date/time when you change any cell in cells C1:C5 (ten cols to the right). Or you could add it in the auto close macro (furtherbelow) (this doesn't guarantee getting in if not saved) There are other possibilities too. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit ...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Page number shows "#" instead of number
Using Office 2007, I am viewing a Powerpoint presentation created by someone else. No matter what view (master, normal or printed out) the page number in the footer is expressed as "#" instead of the actual number. Two other people viewing the same presentation see the page numbers instead of the "#", so this must have to do with my own computer set-up. Any suggestions? What happends if you go to master view and in EACH of the layouts slide number area delete the<#> and then Insert > SlideNumber? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, ...

attachments have MY IMAGES ICOM
All my attachments come to me in the MY IMAGES ICON and when I try to open they won't authorize the opening. A few weeks ago I rec'd a photo that asked for "Open with" and I choose my imaging because it was a pic. Now everything comes to me in that icon, even adobe. How do I reverse this? Gregg 615-6625373 ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

SQL Server 2008
Hi: I realize that these newsgroups are mostly for technical discussions. So, if it's more appropriate to point me to another site for answers to the questions that I'm about to ask, then please do so. I just learned that there is going to be a SQL Server 2008. I am a certified DBA (MCITP) for SQL Server 2005. Will there be an exam upgrade path from 2005 to 2008? Does anyone out there have any certification information for 2008, even though 2008 is not out yet? Will the SQL Server 2005 MCITP certification expire anytime soon? More importantly, will there be compatibility ...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003