Exchange Server Name on Emails

We use an internal domain, so our 2003 Exchange Server is
server1.domainname.local.  Our email addresses are user@realdomain.com.  When
we send out email, the recipient sees the server as server1.domainname.local,
and on occasion our mail is rejected because "reverse DNS failed."  Is there
anyway for our Exchange Server to show the server name to be
servername.realdomain.com on the address that accompanies the email message?
0
Jim8980 (510)

You can change this in the properties of the SMTP Virtual Server in
Exchange System Manager.

1.  Right click on the SMTP Virtual Server.  Choose Properties
2.  Click the Delivery Tab
3.  Click Advanced
4.  Change the FQDN value to your actual external domain name
5.  Restart SMTP VS

Hugh

Jim wrote:
> We use an internal domain, so our 2003 Exchange Server is
> server1.domainname.local.  Our email addresses are user@realdomain.com.  When
> we send out email, the recipient sees the server as server1.domainname.local,
> and on occasion our mail is rejected because "reverse DNS failed."  Is there
> anyway for our Exchange Server to show the server name to be
> servername.realdomain.com on the address that accompanies the email message?

0
metahugh (18)

Access 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and outgoing email traffic for specific group addresses in an Exchange Enviroment. This only needs to be a simple culmulative count with a date stamp. Not too sure how I would start this. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given. My guess is to use MAPI to connect to and interact with the server. From there, there should be code available to read the traffic. "MaccaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and > ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 installation
1) There is no setup.exe after I expand the file under the setup\i386 or setup folders. There is one in the ADC folder .. the only file I see under setup\i386 is update.exe when I double click on that, it gives me an error message. Any idea's what's going on? 2) How do I determine what is the service pack level on my server? Do I start System Manager and go to Administrative groups and right click on my server and go to General Tab to see the service pack? Thank you 1. For an SP, it's update.exe. 2. Do determine the SP level, look on the properties of the server for the bui...

Excel Mass Email
Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the following: We have Excel file that contains 3 columns- ID, password and email address. We need to email each ind email address their ID and password. Is there a program that we can use that will do this email merge? Thanks! Hi Jill Try this example on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09b701c49fdc$32c52960$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the follow...

Entourage doesn't see emails or accounts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I had to reinstall Office 08 but first I tried to backup Entourages's files - like my emails - so they could be brought back in. I did not export them. I moved my copied files (identities, database, messages, etc.) back into the Microsoft User Data / Office 2008 Identities folder. But when I open Entourage, it's not seeing my accounts or the emails. Why not??? I can't import anything cuz like I said I didn't export. Please help!!! On 1/30/10 9:39 AM, in article 59bb1e57.-1@we...

Advanced Email Options
The options listed below are selected in the Advanced emails options of my Outlook application. - Automatic Name Checking - Suggest names while completing To, CC, and Bcc fields I've sent emails to certain email addresses in the past, and yet when I type part of their email addresses in the To, CC, or Bcc fields, they are not suggested or automatically completed, even when I tab to the next field. Can someone tell me what's causing this and what the fix is? ...

Problem sending emails from Outlook Express Ver6 NEVER MIND!
I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora. I can't seem to send e-mails from it. When I send a test to myself I get the error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS) .. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Must be something...

Outlook/Exchange resource scheduling
I'll try here since I haven't seen anything in outlook.calendaring... Our environment is Exchange Server 2000 with a mix of Outlook 2000 & 2002. We have about 20 employees. I've read everything on Slipstick and followed most of the posts here on this issue but nothing seems to address this directly. Here's what we're trying to do... We have a public calendar folder in Exchange that is supposed to hold all of the special events and conferences we host onsite. They can be held in either of two locations - our training facility or conference room. Both have mailbo...

Help. Log files are killing me. Exchange 2000
I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have another empty 36GIG drive. I did not realize that log files take so much space. I only 3 GIG of free space left. 1. How can I move the log files to my empty drive? 2. How can I delete these files w/o any problem on Exchange? I mean almost 20GIG of log files in one day. Give me a break. 3. Is there a way to do that automatically. Thanks, On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:19:49 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have >ano...

CRM <-> Exchange Server Calendar
Is there any way in CRM 3.0 to link the User calendar to the matching Exchange calendar other that via the outlook client which I cant get to work ovr RPC HTTPS thanks in advance ...

How to send newsletter as HTML email
I can successfully create my newsletter in Publisher, choose to email it as a message, and it shows up perfectly in an email message. But now I have purchased an email program that allows me to paste in HTML to send to a large distribution list of subscribers. I want to copy my newsletter as HTML and send it via this program. I've tried saving the .PUB file as a single file web page (.mht file), then I open that file in my browser, view source, copy and paste the HTML code into my mailing list program and send it as an HTML email. However, when it is received in email, it is missi...

Non-Exchange Calendar Invitation Message was sent to Badmail
I have an Exchange 2003 with SP2. Some reason, non-Exchange calendar invitation messages were sent to Badmail and some users have missed some meeting. Is there some knows why it happens and how to resolve this issue? Thanks for your comments in advance. I would try to figure out what is wrong with the messages. This is likely a problem on the sender's end. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Cheongseo" <Cheongseo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D8C6F2-9CB9-4DA6-8F06-...

How to change name of company in Money 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C9BBB5.64E4CA00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone, I have a typo in the name of my company in MS Money 2007. I can't find = where to change it. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your help. Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C9BBB5.64E4CA00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transit...

symbolic names for multiple instances of devices
Hi, I've got a bus driver that (statically) enumerates a number of child devices (PDOs) for which I have a corresponding driver. FWIW this is a *closed* system and devices don't go away. I want to create ordered Symbolic names for each device - ie. MyDev0, MyDev1, ... etc, specifically so an application can open them unambiguously using CreateFile("MyDev0")... (ie I need to absolutely know which is 0, which is 1) etc... Right now in AddDevice() I'm calling: WdfDeviceInitAssignName("\\Device\\MyDev%d") WdfDeviceCreate() WdfDeviceCreateSymbolicL...

Transferring email addresses from Access to Outlook address book
Is there a way of transferring a list of email addresses with their contact names from an Access Database Table to my Outlook? ...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Outlook / Exchange 2003 user connection problem
Ok, we are doing our Outlook configuration in a two step process first we add the Computer to the domain ( not the user ). Then we configure Outlook with the exchange server and user information. All of our users are created and have a default password. Problem is that when we go to setup Outlook we are only able to setup 2 - 5 computers a day. After we get 2 - 5 setup, when we try to install/configue another Outlook client we receive a message that say Cannot connect to Exchange server or Exchange server does not exist. But if we wait a day and go back to setting up Outlook again we are ab...

SMTP Error 452 4.3.1 Out of memory in Exchange Server 2000
After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com 452 4.3.1 Out of memory The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1" folders are also correct. Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro Client Server Messaging ...

Migrated new server OK
Hi, Several weeks ago I migrated all my Exchange 2000 mailboxes to a new Exchange 2003 server. Thanks to a lot of tips and help I received here, everything went smooth as glass. Could not have been easier. Now, I have my exchange 2000 server just sitting there doing nothing. It's also a domain controller. (I have another DC on a Windows 2003 server). What now? Can I safely take the W2K sever out of the domain and put it to rest? Do I have to uninstall Exchange 2000? Is there anything I have to do since it's a domain controller? For now it can stay up and running, but soon I wo...

SQL Server vs PostGress ,DB2 and Oracle
We are looking @ changing our Oracle DB with either SQL Server 2008 R2, PostGress or DB2. Does SQL SErver 2008 R2 support Pl/SQL? > Does SQL SErver 2008 R2 support Pl/SQL? No, you will need to alter the script "BillVAS" <BillVAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3712F2DC-5BFB-49AC-A041-8D7433434475@microsoft.com... > We are looking @ changing our Oracle DB with either SQL Server 2008 R2, > PostGress or DB2. > > Does SQL SErver 2008 R2 support Pl/SQL? I seriously doubt that anyone, other than Oracle, supports PL/SQL. As...

E-Mails Bouncing from Server
E-mails that are sent to one of my users bounce intermittently, however, they bounce with the name of another user, i.e., an e-mail sent to johndoe@mail.com bounces back with a reply, i.e.: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Technology Update Sent: 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Jane N. Doe on 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <mail.mail.com #5.1...

Not able to send / recv Attachments in the Exchange Server
Hi, We are facing some probelms for receiving / sending Attachments with the Emails. Please reply either on above or qasimpurathil@hotmail.com / kasimpt@yahoo.com Regards, Kasim Does it go to the Outbox or error before that? Does it leave the Outbox? Do you get an NDR? Does the recipient get a mail with the attachment stripped? Is sending to local users affected? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script s...

Compatibility between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5
Are there any compatibility issues between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5? We installed about 30 PCs with Outlook 2003. We configured them to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server, NOT using "Cached Exchange Mode." When users switch from Calendar to Inbox and back or from Notes to Inbox and back, there is a noticeable delay--about 5-10 seconds--and we get a pop-up balloon in the systray that the client is trying to connect and retrieve information from the Exchange server. We are on a 100Mbps switched network and each client has 100Mbps connection on the PC. The server also has a 10...

Routing Issues with Exchange 5.5
As part of a migration process to get my company's mail out of the ark and across from Exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003, we have some routing issues that I can't get to work right. Our 5.5 site has an X400 site connector to a backbone. The 5.5 backbone site has an IMS pointing to the Internet (address space *). I wish, however, to arrange for our site to deliver any mail for @company.com to be delivered to the Exchange 2003 organisation. I create a local IMS with an address space of company.com and a cost of 1, pointing to a smart host at the Exchange 2003 org. The 5.5 system ...

Regular expression validation for email
I might be doing something stupid here but I really need some help. Can someone please tell me why can't I get this xml to pass my validation when I use XmlValidatingReader? The XMLSpy seems to accept it. XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Address> <email>x.x@x.com</email> </Address> XSD: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element nam...

saving emails
I need to reformat my hard drive but don't want to lose all of my emails and my contact list. Short of exporting everything individually, is there any way I can save my Outlook configuration so that everything isn't lost? Thanks! ...