Exchange Server Missing in the Group - [WP]

I just noticed the Exchange Domain Servers Security Group Only shows 1
Exchange 2003 in there as its member.

I have 3 more and they are Exchange 2007?  2 are Cluster Nodes and 1 is
stand alone.

Adding the rest of the servers manually would not hurt - right?

Thank you

It shouldn't but they don't need to be there.  Exchange 2007 creates new
groups.  They should be there.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"WildPacket" <WildPacket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I just noticed the Exchange Domain Servers Security Group Only shows 1
> Exchange 2003 in there as its member.
>
> I have 3 more and they are Exchange 2007?  2 are Cluster Nodes and 1 is
> stand alone.
>
> Adding the rest of the servers manually would not hurt - right?
>
> Thank you

0
Ed
11/11/2009 11:42:42 PM
Thanks Ed.

yes, I see the Exchange 2007 Group it has all the servers.

I will leave as is.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> It shouldn't but they don't need to be there.  Exchange 2007 creates new
> groups.  They should be there.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> ..
>
> "WildPacket" <WildPacket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I just noticed the Exchange Domain Servers Security Group Only shows 1
> > Exchange 2003 in there as its member.
> >
> > I have 3 more and they are Exchange 2007?  2 are Cluster Nodes and 1 is
> > stand alone.
> >
> > Adding the rest of the servers manually would not hurt - right?
> >
> > Thank you
>
> .

distribution group emails don't reach all recipients
Exchange 2000 - single Win2K server, single 2k3 domain. We've just noticed an odd problem - certain internal emails sent to distribution groups fail to reach some of the intended recipients in those groups. Is this a known problem? What could be the cause? Thank you. Always related to DC/GC replication issue. If the GC which DL Expansion server talks to does not contain the user's information, then the mail could not be delivered. ...

SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040217The specified object was not found.D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\entity.inl1542 Source: System.Web.Services #2
I get this exception when I execute this code to retreive a CRM contact. Any ideas as to what the proxy class is looking for that it cannot find. I do not have the directory structure the erro message calls for. Exception: SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040217The specified object was not found.D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\entity.inl1542 Source: System.Web.Services Code: // strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server string strServer = "crm"; // virtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM // virtual directory on the...

Sorting and Grouping 01-26-10
I have a report where I am grouping by two fields that are a Yes/No. It splits them on the report fine. However, I want to add a Header for each of the splits to reflect what they are: One is Board of Directors and the other is Participant's Council. I can't seem to add a Header that goes for that group. It shows both names in both areas. Help!! Thanks What happens if a person is on the board and council? Can you share the field names and exact expressions you use for sorting and grouping? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "srctr" wrote: &...

Skip Group Header Sections if below Sections are Blank
The report I created is based on a quality evaluation form, which the information is stored in SQL. The evaluation form has 6 sections with a number of questions in each section. 3 of the sections will always have answers, notes, etc. However, depending on the evaluation only one other section will be used. When I run the report I created, it will list all sections with blank areas for the sections that were not used in the evaluation. What I want to the report to do is remove the sections with blank fields, is this possible? The report has 4 Group Headers: *QGroupSequence He...

RMSHQ on Windows Server 2008
Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to be able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious if anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback. -- Regards, Andy Miller DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho andym@directpos.com (208) 376-8121 x244 www.directpos.com I'm not sure yet but we run HQ v1.2 and just p...

Mail Server Host Name
We are running Exchange 5.5 and host our own mail. Can someone tell me where I can find the Host Name of our mail server? On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:11:38 -0400, "Debbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange 5.5 and host our own mail. Can someone tell me where >I can find the Host Name of our mail server? > Its the name of the server. ...

CRM without Exchange Server ?
Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail clients... You do not need Exchange for CRM. But you do need Exchange for CRM Email "Joe Cactus !!!" <Joe Cactus !!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58264387-1E85-42E6-A1AE-8A0D258E7F6D@microsoft.com... > Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? > Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail > clients... > > Joe; There are a few ISV's who make products that...

hiding contacts in exchange 2003 from directory search
Hello, Can somebody point me to the right directions. I want to hide the contacts from certain people in the domain. When users search directory servcice, they can still see the contacts. I have put all the contacts onto one single OU. Do I filter the GAL? Thanks, Tnt On 23 Aug 2006 11:21:17 -0700, tractng@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, > >Can somebody point me to the right directions. I want to hide the >contacts from certain people in the domain. When users search >directory servcice, they can still see the contacts. > >I have put all the contacts onto one single ...

Missing Users
Hi, I ran forestprep and domainprep, then ADC to migrate Exch 5.5 users to Windows 2003 AD. After installing Exch 2003, I can't find any of my existing Exch 5.5 mailboxes in Exch 2003. They could be find under AD though. May I ask what I need to do to transfer mailboxes to Exch 2003? Regards, Norman > I ran forestprep and domainprep, then ADC to migrate Exch 5.5 users to > Windows 2003 AD. After installing Exch 2003, I can't find any of my > existing Exch 5.5 mailboxes in Exch 2003. They could be find under AD > though. May I ask what I need to do to transfer mailb...

LINQ(DLINQ,XLINQ) - XML
Greetings, i want to be able to use linq new technology with sql server. the senario i am not able to do so far is as follow: 1- i program with linq 2- be able to generate and manipulate xml files 3- all this xml files are stored in Sqlserver for those who are not familiar with linq http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/ref/linq/ u can still help me by mentioning orignal ways of working with xml files through sqlserver as the database. thanx Sharing makes All the Difference -- Sent via .NET Newsgroups http://www.dotnetnewsgroups.com can anyone help please ??! any ideas ??! Sharing makes All...

Importing Excel file without server access
I'm automating the process of emailing query results as an Excel file attachment to one recipeint. The recipient will complete data in the Excel file. My problem is that our company will not give this person access to our server, therefore he cannot upload his updated Excel file to one of our drives where I can then access it, import and update my table. There is nobody that he can email the file to either. I believe, however, that he'll have access to unpload a file to our company's SIFT site. Is there a way, through automation, that I can then import the file from ...

Backup exchange 2003
Hi, How to backup an exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Server? SF NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft Information Store. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >How to backup an exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Server? > >SF > > >. > On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:32:59 -0800, Patrick Rouse [MVP] wrote: > NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft > Information Store. But remember to backup the Exchange database(s) and system state in two different jobs, otherwise the backup will fail. Also see...

Exchange 5.5 and Spam
We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user id/password on our machine and was sending us thousands of outbound messages that were spam. Now my boss has finally decided to spend some money on an anti-spam solution. I checked google but most of the solutions I found were not for Exchange 5.5. Any suggestions??? Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). They have a free and a paid version, both work with Exchange 5.5 Ghareeb Rahi wrote: > We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user > id/password on our machine and was sending us t...

Exchange Admin Account for Backup Software
I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured out. Any ideas? Daniel On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45:44 -0700, "Daniel J. Spencer" <dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote: >I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating >a user with proper permiss...

Setting up a small Exchange server for several businesses
Hi there! We are looking into the fact to host a Exchange for a few small businesses. I don't think we need a massive solution like the one Microsoft says in 'Hosting Exchange' documents. I think that we might get like 500 users on the exchange with 5-10 different companies. How should we go further ? What should we think about when setting up this solution. Front/Backend exchange ? How to set up the AD ? How to set up the address lists so the companies don't see each others list and users ? etc. etc. Help me out please with a few tips to go further... /Lasse Swed...

Grouping in a Pivot Table
I have created a Pivot Table off of a spreadsheet containing sales related information. I am trying to group the "Due Date" field into months and I keep receiving an error that I cannot group the selection. I have used this feature before with success and I am stumped as to why it is not working this time. Help! Most often it has to do with having blank cells or text mixed in with your dates. Check out this link. Once you have changed all of your items into dates you may have to refresh your pivot table twice before you will be able to group by dates. http://www...

Server keeps shutting down.
Hi, We have a SBS 2003 Server and it has suddenly started coming up with two errors in the EV: 1. Multiple domain controllers running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server have been detected in your domain. To prevent this computer from shutting down in the future, you must remove all but one of these from the domain 2. Multiple domain controllers running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server have been detected in your domain. This computer will shut down in 60 minutes unless you remove all but one of these from the domain I dont understand why it has st...

Mailmerge
Hello, when we do a mailmerge from CRM 3.0 to Word, unfortunately only certain fields are being "transferred" to Word (I know that used-defined fields will never be copied, but we also have several other "standard" fields which we would like to have in Word but we don't). Thus I have two questions: a.) How can I tell a given field to be included in the transfer-process in a mailmerge? b.) Is there anything like a list of fields which are included in a mailmerge by standard? Thanks so much for any help! Tobias. Hello, There is no way in the standard mail merg...

.pst too large can it effect server problems
As per my external IT Company, because my .pst file is 4gigs, it effects my server workability, i mean lately three days in a row our emails in the morning appear offline, when i check the server it says the hosting account is disabled (WAN miniport pptp). So i spoke with my external IT, he is blaming it on my .pst being large, i just do not understand how is it possible for .pst with 4gigs to create such a problem? Is it possible? Thanks If you are saying the pst is hosted on the server, and being accessed by a workstation, that type of installation is not supported by MS as it can l...

[IGNORE] Sorry! I sent this to the wrong group!!
I hate stupidity. Most of all, my own. Feel free to flame me if you think I need to atone for my wrongs. :) "John Ruiz" <no_email@provided.com> wrote in message news:... PRE-SCRIPT: This has ASCII diagrams. I built them using a fixed-width font, so looking at them in a proportional font may make my pretty drawings quite ugly. GIVEN: ROOT | |----NODE 1 | |----NODE A | |----NODE B | |----NODE 2 | |----NODE C | |----NODE D - Built by stepping through Schema and building TreeNodeSrc XML String. WHAT I WANT: ROOT | |----NODE 1 |----NODE 2 - Built by stepp...

Adding additional domains in Exchange 2003
OK I found the answer for setting up additional domains but now I need to know if there is a way for my users to send from our exchange server from the additional domain names. For example, my default exchange domain is @abc.com, I added the @xyz.com domain and I can receive mail sent to xyz.com with the exchange server. Now my users want to be able to reply to messages sent to tom@xyz.com and have it appear that the message is sent from that domain. However, they show up as coming from tom@abc.com. Additionallly they may need to send a message that comes from tom@xyz.com. Whew, I...

missing data points causes my line graph not to connect
Hi there, I am doing a simple line graph for data points over 200 days, however for some of the days I do not have data, therefore when I create a graph it where there is missing data the line does not connect, there should be an easy way to fix it, but I can't figure it out. I tried to just select the data I want in the series but it only holds so many and I can't get all the data points in. Please help Tools menu > Options > Chart tab. Choose the interpolation option for how Excel should treat a blank cell. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Techn...

Exchange Cluster

Exchange SMTP que locking up/348 errors
Ok. I've seen this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;842801 I am having this issue and it is causing me major issues with my Exchange 2003 Cluster. Problem thought is that I don't believe these messages are being digitally signed. So is there anything else I should be looking at? In the last exciting episode, "Todd S" <toddflbass@{ihatespam}yahoo.com> wrote: >Ok. I've seen this: > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- >us;842801 > >I am having this issue and it is causing me major issues >with...

Missing distribution list from Server Management
Hi folks, I have a weird problem (at least it's weird to me). I have a few distribution lists that I edit sporatically on my SBS 2003 machine under Server Management. One of my lists is missing on Server Management, but it's there when I go into Outlook, click on a new message, and "To:" and browse the global address book. I can edit it from there, but I don't know why it isn't listed with the others under server management. That is where I created it. Any idea how I can make it show up there again? Mike This is a multi-part message in MIM...